Options

Two Of The West Memphis 3 To Be Freed

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,871
    Godfather. wrote:
    know1 wrote:
    Here's my take on it. I know a little about the case, but not tons.

I believe a lot of the momentum around freeing them was due to the perception that the original trial and evidence were a farce. Forced confession, circumstantial evidence, etc.

From what I read about the latest deal and the Alford plea, the WM3 and their lawyers decided to plead that way because they maintained their innocence, but acknowledged there was enough evidence to convict them again.

So if the first trial was such a farce, why is there still enough evidence to convict them?

I'm waiting for the link that Blockhead was talking about I'm at work now but will look for it this weekend when I get home ..DNA confessions etc. com'on it sounds pretty sticky to me but before I give a straight up opinion I'll wait till I can read the case file or some reliable info on the case.

Godfather.
    In listening to the lawyers, with the hearing that was set for Dec looming about the possible retrial in regards to new evidence(DNA) unavailable at the first , it really allows the prosecution to save face about any misconduct from the first trial.. Particularly in light of the fact these guys are now on UNsupervised parole for 10 yrs.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    edited August 2011
    Godfather. wrote:
    whygohome wrote:

Yeah. Are these 3 indeed innocent, or is this just a case of celebrity involvement swaying the masses?
    Someone fill me in.

I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if these are true confessions of guilt, or if they are just saying what they're being told to say.

I personally believe they're innocent. I watched Paradise Lost and DNA evidence has ruled them out several times. Plus I trust Eddie's judgement. Doesn't mean they're not guilty. Just means I don't think they are. But what do I know?
    you trust Eddies Judgment ? just out of curiosity would you all have believed these 3 guilty if Eddie said so ?
    as far as I can tell there wassn't enough evidense to find them guilty ...other than a confession from a mentally challenged young man...was he lieing when he gave it ? this whole case stinks, it sounds like mis-handled evidense and a case of "we need to bust someone for this" and the possibality of guilt that's been hidden by all that crap and a celeb or two to really mix up the pot and for some of you thet're innocent because Eddie said so ?..if he told you to vote Republican this place would be a heck of lot different :lol: ...Bush and Reagen would be your hero's. :lol: moral of the story...think for yourselfs.

Godfather.

You seem to be saying one should never trust the judgement of another person, Godather. Is there no one in the world whose judgement you trust, whose knowledge/opinions/beliefs you would take into the slightest bit of consideration when forming your opinions??

Eddie has proven himself to be an extremely intelligent man with similar values to most of us and the wisdom to appropriately apply them. Additionally, he has more knowledge of this case than any of us. He has the resources (time, money, staff) to have researched every detail of the case. He knows ALL the evidence from both sides. He has been involved in the investigation for years. And he actually KNOWS the defendants personally. Eddie Vedder is one of the few EXPERTS on this case. The only people who know more about it are the WM3, the boys who were murdered, & the killers.

Should we blindly follow experts on any subject? No, and no one is blindly following Ed in this case. But when we don't have the resources to become experts ourselves on a subject, it is wise & appropriate for us to give weight to what the experts have to say. This is how the world of knowledge works.

In summary:
    1. Ed is well-educated on the facts in the case & is personally familiar with the characters the defendants.
    2. Ed is intelligent & wise enough to critically process this information & come to a logical conclusion.
    3. Ed is trustworthy enough for us to believe he wouldn't lie to us about the case.
    Therefore: Ed is a legitimate source of information.

ETA: The fact that he's a celebrity has nothing to do with it. You seem to be suggesting that we should disregard all legitimate knowledge & expertise whenever the information comes from someone who happens to be a celebrity. That's an insulting, objectifying stereotype of celebrities & a dangerous way to process information. Celebrities can have brains too, ya know.
    Post edited by _ on
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    In other new, a couple of hippies hiking near the Iran border are going to spend the next eight year in Tehran.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Jason P wrote:
    In other new, a couple of hippies hiking near the Iran border are going to spend the next eight year in Tehran.
    omg
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    know1 wrote:
    Here's my take on it. I know a little about the case, but not tons.

I believe a lot of the momentum around freeing them was due to the perception that the original trial and evidence were a farce. Forced confession, circumstantial evidence, etc.

From what I read about the latest deal and the Alford plea, the WM3 and their lawyers decided to plead that way because they maintained their innocence, but acknowledged there was enough evidence to convict them again.

So if the first trial was such a farce, why is there still enough evidence to convict them?

I don't think they believe there's enough evidence to reasonably convict them (and I don't think the state believes that either). But, given that they were already unreasonably convicted on the so-called evidence, I think they're just acknowledging that it could happen again. More than anything, I think they just want to get out of prison.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    _ well the man has helped transform a band into one of greatest tallents of our day and I'm sure he's a smart guy and this is a PJ forum but as far as legal business goes with crime I Have no idea what he knows and really who here does ?...I'll tell ya what I'll find as much as I can and make my own assumption on the case of these three guy's and if I come to the same idea as EV then cool and.....Idon't think a celeb should use their fame to rally a discion on mater's like this one because people will follow blindly..not but some.

Godfather.
  • Options
    BTW you're right there are very few people in this world I trust. ;)

Godfather.
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    It's admirable that Eddie and so many people stood by these three to see them freed. You all have accomplished your goal, they're free, all three of them, let it go.

--Take a step back, these aren't the teenagers of l993.

You're talking 18 years of growing up in the prison system which could not have been easy and made worst when the rest of the prisoners think you were convicted for the murder, rape and mutilation of 3 young boys. Your talking about a release deal that doesn't expunge their records, puts them on probation, and leaves a cloud of so many questions unanswered. This is the deal they chose in exchange for their freedom.

--It was the WM3 that won the retrial based on the DNA evidence, they knew about the upcoming retrial and they still accepted the plea deal.

--Its clear that the WM3 knew the State's upcoming case was weak for two of them, so through manipulation and negotiation, they agreed to accept the Alford plea on that condition that the release include Damien Echols, the one on death row.

The State took steps to protect itself against future actions from three people who plead guilty to murder.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:
    _ well the man has helped transform a band into one of greatest tallents of our day and I'm sure he's a smart guy and this is a PJ forum but as far as legal business goes with crime I Have no idea what he knows and really who here does ?...I'll tell ya what I'll find as much as I can and make my own assumption on the case of these three guy's and if I come to the same idea as EV then cool and.....Idon't think a celeb should use their fame to rally a discion on mater's like this one because people will follow blindly..not but some.

Godfather.

So if you were famous & you had a platform to help save an innocent man's life, you wouldn't do it? What if it were your friend? Your brother? Your son? You'd just sit idley by & refuse to educate people about the situation? Even when it's not just a man's life, but the integrity of our justice system, that's at stake?
  • Options
    are they innocent ? and no I would not.

Godfather.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    edited August 2011
    Post edited by Byrnzie on
  • Options
    Here's a summary of the file by one of the few journalists allowed access to it. It's presented in highlight form and lists the parts of the file that point towards the guilt of Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jessie Misskelley, Jr., whether it was later used in a court of law against them or not.

The case the WMPD's 'Triple Homicide' file (at least as it existed on November 16th, 1999) makes for the guilt of Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jessie Misskelley, Jr., listed chronologically as to when the material was filed:

May 10, 1993 Narlene Hollingsworth is interviewed by Det. Dianne Hester.

She states that her and her family saw a neighbor and relative named "Dominic" (Domini) Teer and her boyfriend Damien Echols walking along the service road near the "Loves" store at 9:40 PM on the night of May 5th. That location is near the Blue Beacon Truck Wash, whose property contains an entrance to The Robin Hood Hills Woods. She also reports the two were wearing dark colored "dirty" clothes.

May 10th, 1993
    Damien Echols is interviewed by Det. Bryn Ridge and Crittenden County Drug Task Force Lieutenant James Sudbury. Damien tells them he is a member of a "white witch" or wiccan group, was home the night of the murders, and that he learned details of the three boys deaths on May 7th from Steve Jones, Crittenden County Juvenile Authority Officer, when the latter visited him to ask what he might know about the deaths. Bryn Ridges writes in his report, "He stated that because of what he had heard he believed that at least one of the boys had been cut up . . . "

Damien is asked questions such as whether the water the boys were found in might have any significance in the beliefs of wicca, and Damien provides hypothetical answers to the questions in that vein. Damien is asked to provide blood and hair samples and take a polygraph, and agrees to all.

Upon conclusion of the polygraph, it is reported to Ridge by Detective Durham that Damien had been "untruthful", and that according to the polygraph was involved in the murders. Ridge states in his report that, at this point, the interrogation continued, but no further information or details are provided.

May 11th, 1993
    Deanna Holcomb, ex-girlfriend of Damien Echols, is interviewed by Det. Bryn Ridge. She reports Damien is crazy, mixed up with drugs and cults, and is into black witchcraft rather than white witchcraft. He likes to hide out in sewers. She broke up with him when he allegedly told her he intended to kill their first born child if a girl. Deanna says she used to be a black witch, but feels now she was stupid to have ever got involved in that stuff. She states she was attending Trinity Baptist Church at the time of the murders.

May 26th, 1993
    William Winfred Jones is interviewed by Det. Ridge. He states he knows Damien from school mostly, and that Damien is a Satan worshipper. He states that, about a week prior to this interview, he asked Damien if he had committed the murders when he happened to run across him walking with Domini Teer around midnight at Lakeshore Trailer Park. Damien, who Jones says was "real drunk" at the time, confessed to him that he had sex with the boys and then cut them with a "little" knife. Jones also reports that when his girlfriend's cousin drove by Domini's trailer to "harass" her and Damien about the killings, Damien reportedly yelled at her he was going to "cut her vagina off."

June 3rd, 1993
    Jessie Misskelley makes statement implicating himself, Damien Echols, and Jason Baldwin in murders. He also makes statements suggesting they had been part of a cult which did things such as eat dog legs.

June 8th, 9th, 1993
    Eight-year-old Aaron Hutcheson gives statements to Det. Don Bray of the Marion Police Dept., and then later to Detective Ridge. He states that Jessie Misskelley told him on Tuesday May 4th that something was going to happen Michael, Chris and Steve, and that Aaron should bring them to Robin Hood Woods the next day. On Wednesday, he was watching in the woods as five men, including Damien, Jason and Jessie, attacked his friends, raping them and then stabbing them in the stomachs and necks. Aaron himself was then tied up, but he untied his knots and subdued his assailants by kicking them.

June 11th, 1993
    Christy Van Vickle, Jodee Medford and Jessica Medford make statements to Det. Hester that they overheard a man they now can identify as Damien Echols confess to the murders at a softball sometime during the week of May 24th.

June 14th, 1993
    Joe Houston Bartoush was interviewed by Det. Ridge. He stated that on November 27, 1992 he had witnessed Damien Echols beat a sick Great Dane dog to death, gut it with a camouflage survival knife, and unravel its intestines. Damien allegedly told him he planned to return with battery acid later so he could burn the hair off the dog's skull and take the skull home with him.

June 26th, 1993
    Alvin Bly is interviewed by Sgt. Mike Allen. He described having attended Satanic Cult meetings with Damien, Jason, Jessie and others at Stonehenge, an abandoned gin, where animals would be killed and their blood drank. Among his statements: Damien was known as "Davien" by the cult, Jessie Misskelley was the leader of the cult, and that he couldn't remember for sure the names of any of the other twenty or so members of the cult except for those two, Jason, and someone named "Lucifer."

September 17th, 1993
    Arkansas State Crime Lab releases Luminol Report, stating possibility the assaults on the victims occurred on or near bank area of the drainage ditch, which coincides with Jessie Misskelley's account.

October 10th, 1993
    Tiffany Danielle Allen, 13, is interviewed by Sgt. Allen. She reports that she had heard a Satanic Cult exists in West Memphis, and that she once witnessed a fight between Jason Baldwin and another boy. During the fight, Damien Echols allegedly dipped his finger into blood from the boy and tasted it.

November 17th, 1993
    Divers find 12-inch survival knife forty feet from the shore of the lake behind Jason Baldwin's trailer. Arkansas Crime Lab Pathologist Dr. Frank Peretti states the knife could be consistent with some of the wounds on victims.

December 12th, 1993
    Crittenden County Juvenile Authority Officer Jerry Driver makes statement outlining his reasons for believing there is or was cult activity in West Memphis area, headed by a man named Lucifer. He states much of his information was gained from conversations with Damien Echols in 1992, who warned him the cult was about to graduate to the "human sacrifice" stage, and one of these could be expected to occur sometime in the near future. In late summer of 1992 Driver reports he saw Damien, Jason and Jessie Misskelley, Jr. walking down the street, wearing long black coats and carrying staffs. More recent to the deaths, he had seen Damien and Jason hanging out at the local Walmart, though without Jessie.

January 14th, 1994
    Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences confirms fiber consistencies for some of the fibers found on victims' clothing and some garments from wardrobes of defendants' homes.

February 1st, 1994
    Michael Roy Carson makes a statement to Investigator C. A. Beall of The Arkansas State Police, alleging that Jason Baldwin confessed involvement in the murders to him during the time they spent together at the Craighead County Detention Center in August or September of 1993. He passes polygraph by being "essentially truthful."

And finally, one piece of "evidence" that has come up since the completion of the trials.

October 24th, 1994
    Michael Johnson sends a letter to prosecutor Brent Davis, stating that he is currently housed with Jessie Misskelley in the Arkansas Department of Corrections "Diagnostic Unit, Special Programs Unit." He alleges that Jessie confessed to him that he committed the murders with Damien Echols and Jason Baldwin, and that they left a nightgown at the scene, "so that it would look like women had committed the crime." Johnson asks Davis to do everything in his power to keep Misskelley behind bars because "he is a very cold, morbid person."

..................................................................................................................................

One thing which it occurs to me to point out after compiling this list is what misleading impressions a novice to this case might get if they examined the file without any other information than what the WMPD is willing to provide them with. Perhaps that helps explain why there are a few people out there who are still impassioned proponents of the trio's guilt. An average person could conceivably come away from a visit like the one I made to the WMPD evidence room accepting the defendants' guilt as something no longer even worthy of question.

After all, even if you don't want to accept the softball girls' word for what they heard, William Winfred Jones was also someone Damien allegedly confessed to. Aaron Hutcheson allegedly witnessed them do it.

And can there be any doubt the three teens were the "type" of people who could commit such crimes after hearing what Alvin Bly has to say about them?

But isn't it always better to hear BOTH sides of a story before bearing the responsibility of passing judgment? Wouldn't you want to know that William Jones had recanted? Wouldn't it be helpful to hear that Aaron Hutcheson was considered unbelievable even by the West Memphis police? And isn't it relevant to know that Alvis Bly was a "drug looped" mental case? Like they say, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. I suppose it is only proper to say something before I pass on my own judgment.

Neither Greg Fleming nor I are trained investigators, nor can we claim to be infallible. It is possible we may have missed something incredibly damning in our fast-paced (by necessity) hunt through the files, but in my opinion, that is not likely. I did look in every folder, even if only to ascertain what type of material it contained. If it was yet another fizzled or alternate lead folder, chances are I moved on to the next one. If it pertained to Damien, Jason or Jessie, chances are I copied as much of it as I could in the time I had. The only exception to the latter would be material which I or the Support Fund already had copies of, such as Jessie Misskelley's statements, or John Mark Byers' statements. Or if it was a less controversial part of the public record, such as the statements published in 'The Blood of Innocents' that had been made by Robin Hood Hills vicinity residents like Bryan Woody reported having seen the victims riding their bikes the afternoon of the disappearance. Or if it was the statement of someone like a Paul Rand, (a victim of psychotic "Smurf" delusions) which might contain allegations certainly negative about Damien, (such as claiming Damien was the leader of the gang of woman-raping, gas-huffing, drug-using, fight-seeking, animal-killing losers Rand used to run with before he was placed in a home for troubled teens), but which never describes any specific event, or deals with any Satanic Cult allegations which may have tied it more legitimately into the rest of the case.

There were also seemingly HUNDREDS of pages of receipts issued by and to The Arkansas State Crime Lab for items to be tested which I did not copy. These are the only documents I didn't focus on. If by some remarkable fluke one ignored a scrap of paper in one deceptively unremarkable-looking folder buried deep in the file contains the damning proof of guilt our zealous friend, Sgt. Mike Allen, et al wanted me to see and I missed it, all I can do is apologize and invite them to bring it to my attention.

Otherwise, I can promise I tried to catalog the most salient points found in the file as conscientiously as possible, and the conclusion that I must come to is this: There is NO smoking gun hiding in that file. Nothing at all particularly new to many if not most of the readers of WM3 listgroup, either. If you've read 'The Blood of Innocents,' if you've seen PARADISE LOST or REVELATIONS, if you've kept up with any of the WM3 discussion lists and diligently examined the material already offered on the wm3.org website you have seen what there is already. The claims of John Fogleman, Judge Burnett, Mike Allen and others, are therefore apparently only hot air, exhaled as a bluff by apparently shameless men to protect their own reputations, shield their consciences, promote personal agendas, and fuel their private vendettas. Their claims are a sham, and from this point forward I will call it just that: a sham - to their faces if they wish to challenge me. I now feel I have the right, and I have done the best that I can to pass on that right to those who read this article. You are free to make your own decision.
  • Options
    Just a few observations.....

I am pretty sure both Mr. Echols and Mr. Baldwin will NEVER have a fucking thing to do with Mr. Misskelley.

Mr. Baldwin seems like a stand-up guy, who probably wishes he had never befriended Damien Echols as a teenager.

Mr. Baldwin will use this gift he has been given (freedom) and will probably lead a decent normal life. As normal as possible anyway. The guy seems to have made the best of his 18 years in prison. Seems very articulate and educated.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    _ wrote:

You seem to be saying one should never trust the judgement of another person, Godather. Is there no one in the world whose judgement you trust, whose knowledge/opinions/beliefs you would take into the slightest bit of consideration when forming your opinions??

Eddie has proven himself to be an extremely intelligent man with similar values to most of us and the wisdom to appropriately apply them. Additionally, he has more knowledge of this case than any of us. He has the resources (time, money, staff) to have researched every detail of the case. He knows ALL the evidence from both sides. He has been involved in the investigation for years. And he actually KNOWS the defendants personally. Eddie Vedder is one of the few EXPERTS on this case. The only people who know more about it are the WM3, the boys who were murdered, & the killers.

Should we blindly follow experts on any subject? No, and no one is blindly following Ed in this case. But when we don't have the resources to become experts ourselves on a subject, it is wise & appropriate for us to give weight to what the experts have to say. This is how the world of knowledge works.

In summary:
    1. Ed is well-educated on the facts in the case & is personally familiar with the characters the defendants.
    2. Ed is intelligent & wise enough to critically process this information & come to a logical conclusion.
    3. Ed is trustworthy enough for us to believe he wouldn't lie to us about the case.
    Therefore: Ed is a legitimate source of information.

ETA: The fact that he's a celebrity has nothing to do with it. You seem to be suggesting that we should disregard all legitimate knowledge & expertise whenever the information comes from someone who happens to be a celebrity. That's an insulting, objectifying stereotype of celebrities & a dangerous way to process information. Celebrities can have brains too, ya know.

bingo

and a happy day for justice
  • Options
    BlockheadBlockhead Posts: 1,535
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Otherwise, I can promise I tried to catalog the most salient points found in the file as conscientiously as possible, and the conclusion that I must come to is this: There is NO smoking gun hiding in that file. Nothing at all particularly new to many if not most of the readers of WM3 listgroup, either. If you've read 'The Blood of Innocents,' if you've seen PARADISE LOST or REVELATIONS, if you've kept up with any of the WM3 discussion lists and diligently examined the material already offered on the wm3.org website you have seen what there is already. The claims of John Fogleman, Judge Burnett, Mike Allen and others, are therefore apparently only hot air, exhaled as a bluff by apparently shameless men to protect their own reputations, shield their consciences, promote personal agendas, and fuel their private vendettas. Their claims are a sham, and from this point forward I will call it just that: a sham - to their faces if they wish to challenge me. I now feel I have the right, and I have done the best that I can to pass on that right to those who read this article. You are free to make your own decision.
    Everything you posted is biased and very simplified... I will post all the info I have, and maybe you can come to your own conclusion. Are you challenging me? and calling me a sham?
  • Options
    I will be updating this thread throughout the day.
    Attached is a site with ALL the court documentation (Documents, trial transcripts, Chronology, Press coverage, pleadings, photos)
    Everything is there...
    There is an immense ammount of info on this case and will take you months to read through it all.
    If all of you who follow this case and act as if you care and are supporters of PJ and Eddies view, I hope you actually read through all the info and come to your own conclusion.
    http://www.callahan.8k.com/index.html
  • Options
    I will help some of you out that follow everything blindly..
    http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/jmfeb.html
    Attached is the confession AFTER the conviction
  • Options
    Blockhead wrote:

wow !!
    I've read throug a little of the case files I'm floored so far.
    Godfather.
  • Options
    http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/motions/jb_r ... trial.html
    Attached is the States Response to Baldwin's Motion for a trial that involves the necklace.
    For those of you unaware Damien had a necklace (pendant) that had two different types of blood on it. They didn't discover/ get the results of the necklace until late in the trial and Judge Burnett made statements that he would probably grant a mistrial if it were introduced at that time because of the implications of it.
    Read the part near the end.
    " (3) On the afternoon of March 15, 1994, after Court had recessed for the day, the State was informed at approximately 4:30 p.m. by representatives of Genetic Design in North Carolina that they had received a result which would be consistent with the blood of both the defendant Charles Jason Baldwin and the victim Steve Branch."
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175
    i am glad that they finally got out. this case has been a travesty of justice and an example of how broken the system can be.

that said, i'm shocked that nobody on this train has blamed the wm3 for "sponging off of the government" for the last nearly 20 years with the tax payers paying for them for being wrongly convicted while in jail....
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i am glad that they finally got out. this case has been a travesty of justice and an example of how broken the system can be.

that said, i'm shocked that nobody on this train has blamed the wm3 for "sponging off of the government" for the last nearly 20 years with the tax payers paying for them for being wrongly convicted while in jail....
    + catch the real merders...thats the most important..money is nothing infront of human beings...and 3 kids lost their lifes in this case
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710

+ catch the real merders...thats the most important..money is nothing infront of human beings...and 3 kids lost their lifes in this case

but the state still claims that they ARE the murderers and that the case is closed
    still fucking fishy to me
    but at least they are out
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    http://www.callahan.8k.com/wm3/wwilkins2.html
    I know many wont read due to the length but I will give a summary about Misskelley's IQ.

DAVIS: Ok. And the WAIS-R is the test that you use to determine the defendant’s IQ?
    WILKINS: Yes.
    DAVIS: And in that particular test, what was the performance IQ?
    WILKINS: 75? Let me—yes.

His Performance IQ was 75 in the test he took for the trial.

DAVIS: Ok, and in 1992 there was also—prior to the time you did your examination there was another IQ test, correct?
    DAVIS: What was his performance IQ at that time?
    WILKINS: 88.

So his performance IQ plunged 13 points from the previous year.

In fact, prior to the test given to him for his trial it was consistently average...

DAVIS: Ok, so the two past IQ examinations that had been performed on him immediately prior to the one that you did indicated that his performance level was in the average range, is that correct?
    WILKINS: Uh, low average, yes. The first placed low average, the second one average, yes.
    DAVIS: Ok, well am I correct in understanding that anything above 80 is in the average?
    WILKINS: That depends on the criteria you want to go by. Typically it’s—Social Security uses 80 above, other places use 84, so yea.
    DAVIS: So, by most criteria 84 and 88 would be in the average range?
    DAVIS: Ok. And when we talk about performance IQ, describe what that is, what that involves.
    WILKINS: Those entail, problem solving, conceptualization tasks, thinking tasks, they’re non-verbal. Example is putting together puzzles. Being able to—I show you a pattern of blocks and you have to build designs that match the pattern of blocks. It’s conceptualization in a non-verbal form, problem solving in a non-verbal form.
    DAVIS: And in regard to that he rates about average, right?
    WILKINS: On those two testings, yes.

So his previous performance scores were average - he's charged with murder, and in a test given by his witness, his score suddenly drops 13 points.

You suppose maybe he was faking?

Let's see what his witness had to say about that...

DAVIS: Now the MMPI-2, that was another test that you conducted on him, is that correct?
    DAVIS: Now I don’t want to get too complicated ‘cause I don’t understand all this stuff, but I notice down here you said, let’s see, you said he had a high—or you said a mild elevation in the F scale.
    DAVIS: Ok. Now Doctor it’s true that what you actually found was a T value in that F scale of 83.
    DAVIS: Now are you telling me that that’s a mild elevation?
    WILKINS: It’s an elevation above normal levels.
    DAVIS: Well don’t they rank the elevations—as far as the T scale is concerned isn’t that something that’s actually ranked in terms of low range, middle range, moderately high range and very high range?
    WILKINS: Yes. That may have been a mistake then. I may well have mispronounced what it was supposed to be.
    DAVIS: This is a text regarding—MMPI Handbook. Show me here what an 82 to 88 T score on the F scale indicates to you in that book.
    WILKINS: Uh, very high.
    DAVIS: Very high?
    WILKINS: Yes. This would not be quite the same because this is for the MMPI rather than the MMPI-2, which changed critera, but it would still be in the high range.
    DAVIS: So when you put in here that that was a mild elevation, that would not be accurate would it?
    WILKINS: No. It would not be. No.
    DAVIS: And then from that statement that it was a mild elevation you interpreted that that could show malingering, right?
    DAVIS: And malingering means what, Doctor?
    WILKINS: It means, uh, making up stuff. Trying to present yourself as being ill when you’re not for some particular gain.
    DAVIS: Did you explain to Jessie what these tests were being performed for?
    WILKINS: We talked some about them in general, yes.
    DAVIS: Ok. And he knew that you were coming to court to testify about the results of these tests?
    DAVIS: And you talked with his lawyers before you took the test or gave him the test?

So his own witness got caught on the stand "mispronouncing" Misskelley's malingering index - when the actual score strongly indicated he was faking to aid in his defense.

These aren't opinions, they are the documented results of his testing.

Of course this wasn't the first time Wilkins got caught "mispronouncing" MMPI results...

A psychologist who evaluated Jessie Misskelley Jr. as borderline mentally retarded and very suggestible went before the state Board of Psychological Examiners last month and had his practice limited.
    Dr. William Wilkins of Jonesboro must practice under the direction of a supervisor and cannot handle sexual abuse or neuro-psychology cases, he said under rigorous questioning from prosecutors this morning in the capital murder trial of Jessie Lloyd Misskelley Jr.

Why was his licenses restricted?

An evaluation of Wilkins done by another psychologist reported concerns about Wilkins' lack of knowledge of fundamental psychological defects and the scales used in scoring the Minnesota Multi-Phasic Personality test (MMPI) and Wexler tests, common psychological and intelligence evaluation tools. Wilkins used both those tests, along with the Rorshchach test, in evaluating Misskelley.

The fact is, Misskelley wasn't retarded - even when he TRIED to be...
  • Options

And what do you base your opinion on? How were they wongly convicted. I suggest you actually read some court documents and I am posting...
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175
    Blockhead wrote:

And what do you base your opinion on? How were they wongly convicted. I suggest you actually read some court documents and I am posting...
    this has been debated ad nauseum on here. i am not going to rehash all of my points over the years on this issue. you can search my posts if you want to know what i base my opinions on.

the bottom line is they are out and it is about damn time.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/19/ark ... ?hpt=ju_c1

two sides to every story.

Godfather.
  • Options
    Blockhead wrote:

this has been debated ad nauseum on here. i am not going to rehash all of my points over the years on this issue. you can search my posts if you want to know what i base my opinions on.

the bottom line is they are out and it is about damn time.
    I asked what you based you opinions on? Is it that hard for you to answer. Have you read the court documents? Or just watched your Paradise lost movies...
    Do you do any of your own thinking?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Blockhead wrote:
    http://www.callahan.8k.com/wm3/wwilkins2.html
    I know many wont read due to the length but I will give a summary about Misskelley's IQ.

DAVIS: Ok. And the WAIS-R is the test that you use to determine the defendant’s IQ?
    DAVIS: And in that particular test, what was the performance IQ?
    WILKINS: 75? Let me—yes.

His Performance IQ was 75 in the test he took for the trial.

DAVIS: Ok, and in 1992 there was also—prior to the time you did your examination there was another IQ test, correct?
    DAVIS: What was his performance IQ at that time?
    WILKINS: 88.

So his performance IQ plunged 13 points from the previous year.

In fact, prior to the test given to him for his trial it was consistently average...

DAVIS: Ok, so the two past IQ examinations that had been performed on him immediately prior to the one that you did indicated that his performance level was in the average range, is that correct?
    WILKINS: Uh, low average, yes. The first placed low average, the second one average, yes.
    DAVIS: Ok, well am I correct in understanding that anything above 80 is in the average?
    WILKINS: That depends on the criteria you want to go by. Typically it’s—Social Security uses 80 above, other places use 84, so yea.
    DAVIS: So, by most criteria 84 and 88 would be in the average range?
    DAVIS: Ok. And when we talk about performance IQ, describe what that is, what that involves.
    WILKINS: Those entail, problem solving, conceptualization tasks, thinking tasks, they’re non-verbal. Example is putting together puzzles. Being able to—I show you a pattern of blocks and you have to build designs that match the pattern of blocks. It’s conceptualization in a non-verbal form, problem solving in a non-verbal form.
    DAVIS: And in regard to that he rates about average, right?
    WILKINS: On those two testings, yes.

So his previous performance scores were average - he's charged with murder, and in a test given by his witness, his score suddenly drops 13 points.

You suppose maybe he was faking?

Let's see what his witness had to say about that...

DAVIS: Now the MMPI-2, that was another test that you conducted on him, is that correct?
    DAVIS: Now I don’t want to get too complicated ‘cause I don’t understand all this stuff, but I notice down here you said, let’s see, you said he had a high—or you said a mild elevation in the F scale.
    DAVIS: Ok. Now Doctor it’s true that what you actually found was a T value in that F scale of 83.
    DAVIS: Now are you telling me that that’s a mild elevation?
    WILKINS: It’s an elevation above normal levels.
    DAVIS: Well don’t they rank the elevations—as far as the T scale is concerned isn’t that something that’s actually ranked in terms of low range, middle range, moderately high range and very high range?
    WILKINS: Yes. That may have been a mistake then. I may well have mispronounced what it was supposed to be.
    DAVIS: This is a text regarding—MMPI Handbook. Show me here what an 82 to 88 T score on the F scale indicates to you in that book.
    WILKINS: Uh, very high.
    DAVIS: Very high?
    WILKINS: Yes. This would not be quite the same because this is for the MMPI rather than the MMPI-2, which changed critera, but it would still be in the high range.
    DAVIS: So when you put in here that that was a mild elevation, that would not be accurate would it?
    WILKINS: No. It would not be. No.
    DAVIS: And then from that statement that it was a mild elevation you interpreted that that could show malingering, right?
    DAVIS: And malingering means what, Doctor?
    WILKINS: It means, uh, making up stuff. Trying to present yourself as being ill when you’re not for some particular gain.
    DAVIS: Did you explain to Jessie what these tests were being performed for?
    WILKINS: We talked some about them in general, yes.
    DAVIS: Ok. And he knew that you were coming to court to testify about the results of these tests?
    DAVIS: And you talked with his lawyers before you took the test or gave him the test?

So his own witness got caught on the stand "mispronouncing" Misskelley's malingering index - when the actual score strongly indicated he was faking to aid in his defense.

These aren't opinions, they are the documented results of his testing.

Of course this wasn't the first time Wilkins got caught "mispronouncing" MMPI results...

A psychologist who evaluated Jessie Misskelley Jr. as borderline mentally retarded and very suggestible went before the state Board of Psychological Examiners last month and had his practice limited.
    Dr. William Wilkins of Jonesboro must practice under the direction of a supervisor and cannot handle sexual abuse or neuro-psychology cases, he said under rigorous questioning from prosecutors this morning in the capital murder trial of Jessie Lloyd Misskelley Jr.

Why was his licenses restricted?

An evaluation of Wilkins done by another psychologist reported concerns about Wilkins' lack of knowledge of fundamental psychological defects and the scales used in scoring the Minnesota Multi-Phasic Personality test (MMPI) and Wexler tests, common psychological and intelligence evaluation tools. Wilkins used both those tests, along with the Rorshchach test, in evaluating Misskelley.

The fact is, Misskelley wasn't retarded - even when he TRIED to be...

Is there any evidence these boys committed these murders other than Misskelley's 'confession'? No. There's zero evidence.

Wearing black clothes and reading a few occult books doesn't make someone a murderer.
    Post edited by Byrnzie on
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Blockhead wrote:

there is a lot to read ... hopefully, i will get to it over time ...

i did find it interesting in the FAQ that 2 of the 3 contributors to your website believe the WM3 are innocent ... so, assuming they read everything you claimed to have ... they came to a different conclusion than you ...