Options

Two Of The West Memphis 3 To Be Freed

mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
edited October 2011 in A Moving Train
Memphis 8/18/2011) WREG-TV has learned an agreement has been reached to release two of the West Memphis 3.

Multiple sources, including the father of one of the victims, have confirmed this will be announced at a special hearing Friday.

News Channel 3 has several crews working this story right now.

Damien Echols was sentenced to death, Jessie Misskelley, Jr. was sentenced to life imprisonment plus two 20-year sentences, and Jason Baldwin was sentenced to life imprisonment.

Stevie Branch, Michael Moore, and Christopher Byers were found murdered and mutilated in a wooded area in West Memphis, Arkansas in May 1993.
fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    You beat me to it. I'm watching it now
    I'll be back
  • Options
    actually the waiting trophy man posted it
    i just moved it

because it's about fucking time

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    chickweed wrote:
    i just moved it

I am fucking STUNNED. WOW. I wonder which 2 of the three? I'm guessing Jessie and Jason, because they're not on death row??
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,154
    this guys gonna be released cos found not guilty,or cos they do their time in jail?is it 17 years now?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    chickweed wrote:
    i just moved it

I am fucking STUNNED. WOW. I wonder which 2 of the three? I'm guessing Jessie and Jason, because they're not on death row??

that's my guess
    but it shouldn't be much longer before echols is released, i hope

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    chickweed wrote:
    chickweed wrote:
    i just moved it

that's my guess
    but it shouldn't be much longer before echols is released, i hope

I hope to hell they don't put him on trial. That could take awhile.....
  • Options
    this guys gonna be released cos found not guilty,or cos they do their time in jail?is it 17 years now?

I think there's been some new dna evidence and it doesn't match any of the three. There wasn't a trial, and no they aren't getting out because they finished their sentences. The only question is which two are getting out, and why only two and not all three? I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,154

I think there's been some new dna evidence and it doesn't match any of the three. There wasn't a trial, and no they aren't getting out because they finished their sentences. The only question is which two are getting out, and why only two and not all three? I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
    ah ok..i was confused,cos dont know what hearing is..i thought a trial can free them or not..
    thanks
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    UPDATE:
    All three will admit guilt to the crime and two will be released with time served
    Steve Branch, the father of one of the victims tells us Damien Echols will be one of the men released

According to KTLA.com
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Finally Some GOOD NEWS!!! :clap::clap::clap: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,698
    UPDATE:
    All three will admit guilt to the crime and two will be released with time served
    Steve Branch, the father of one of the victims tells us Damien Echols will be one of the men released

According to KTLA.com
    Seems contradictory to what they have said all these years. after all this time, I would think "I" would keep hanging on for a retrial , one in which I could get a more fair and just trial.

Would assume they would be on parole, staying under state control.

whats for sure though is we'll find out tomorrow after the hearing, whats what!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    UPDATE:

According to KTLA.com

admit GUILT??
    WTF?
    so there won't be an investigation into the first trial and the LACK OF evidence
    sounds fishy to me

• Options
    capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    I don't get at all how they are going to admit they are guilty and still be released? If they're saying they did it then they should be locked the hell up.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    chickweed wrote:
    UPDATE:

According to KTLA.com

admit GUILT??
    WTF?
    so there won't be an investigation into the first trial and the LACK OF evidence
    sounds fishy to me

I know. I guess it's all part of the agreement? I guess after 18 years they would be willing to do just about anything to get out.
  • Options
    I know. I guess it's all part of the agreement? I guess after 18 years they would be willing to do just about anything to get out.

That's got to be it, it's not like two of them have been covering for the other one all these years, they just want the fuck out.
  • Options
    Think they will be invited to PJ20? :D8-)
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539

+1
  • Options

I could see Damien going for sure!
  • Options
    markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,066
    chickweed wrote:
    UPDATE:

According to KTLA.com

admit GUILT??
    WTF?
    sounds fishy to me

Super weird.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • Options
    Sounds fucked up. Plead guilty?? Fuck that. Go to trail, they have it in the bag. If they plea guilty, I bet they couldn't sue.
    I'll be back
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,698
    Sounds fucked up. Plead guilty?? Fuck that. Go to trail, they have it in the bag. If they plea guilty, I bet they couldn't sue.
    right. exactly right.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    that's easy to say from the comfort of your home. After 18 years in jail, I'd probably admit to kidnapping the Lindburgh baby if it got me out.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    that's easy to say from the comfort of your home. After 18 years in jail, I'd probably admit to kidnapping the Lindburgh baby if it got me out.

I get that but Don't do it to just to get out. They have fought long and hard and for what??? To plead guilty??? How are they gonna make a living? Selling their story for a movie deal? There's principle involved. They've gone this far. I say go for another hearing, get freedom without the guilty plea and sue. They got this deal, imagine how the hearing would go.
    Post edited by Nothingman54 on
    I'll be back
  • Options

I get that but Don't do it to just to get out. They have fought long and hard and for what??? To plead guilty??? How are they gonna make a living? Selling their story for a movie deal? There's principle involved. They've gone this far. I say go for another hearing, get freedom without the guilty plea and sue.

I agree.
  • Options
    Makes no sense to plead guilty i don't get it, does that mean they can shut the case, there has to be more to it.
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
  • Options
    whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    UPDATE:

According to KTLA.com

This doesn't sound right: they admit guilt and are still able to be released? This makes absolutely no sense.

I really don't like this case, especially Eddie's involvement. Just my POV.
    AND, I really don't like the headline in the article that "waiting trophy man" posted:
    "Eddie Vedder - Eddie Vedder's Friend To Walk Free From Jail After Admitting Guilt In Murder." Quite grotesque if you ask me.
  • Options
    whygohome wrote:
    UPDATE:

According to KTLA.com

This doesn't sound right: they admit guilt and are still able to be released? This makes absolutely no sense.

AND, I really don't like the headline in the article that "waiting trophy man" posted:
    "Eddie Vedder - Eddie Vedder's Friend To Walk Free From Jail After Admitting Guilt In Murder." Quite grotesque if you ask me.

I didn't like it either. It has shock value. Just thought people would interested in seeing it for themselves. I'm not defending it or anything. But it's out there.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    I would do anything to be freed.

What are they going to do? Put them back in jail if they say they are not guilty later?

Beieve me there will be a whole lot of truth telling once they're out.
  • Options
    whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    whygohome wrote:
    UPDATE:

According to KTLA.com

I didn't like it either. It has shock value. Just thought people would interested in seeing it for themselves. I'm not defending it or anything. But it's out there.

Yeah. Are these 3 indeed innocent, or is this just a case of celebrity involvement swaying the masses?
    Someone fill me in.