****Official Metallica thread****

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    wall232 said:
    Has it been really crowded in GA?  Going tonight but due to plans with our moms we won't make it till 7:30 or so. Will we have any chance of being able to move around or will we be stuck in the back?  
    philly GA wasn't too bad.  we got there after Volbeat.  I was kinda towards the middle back.  Moved up a little, copuld have moved up more when the mosh pits opened up but decided not to.

Poster for the shows looked pretty sweet.  Philly's was ok, NJ was pretty awesome,  Ames did it, $40 for a poster.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346

wall232 said:
    Has it been really crowded in GA?  Going tonight but due to plans with our moms we won't make it till 7:30 or so. Will we have any chance of being able to move around or will we be stuck in the back?  
    philly GA wasn't too bad.  we got there after Volbeat.  I was kinda towards the middle back.  Moved up a little, copuld have moved up more when the mosh pits opened up but decided not to.

Poster for the shows looked pretty sweet.  Philly's was ok, NJ was pretty awesome,  Ames did it, $40 for a poster.
    Yeah, it wasn't too hard to move up even though we didn't get into the stadium until 7:45. 

When trying to get tickets the only GA I was able to pull up were the "Unforgiven" package, which was their lowest VIP ticket. For a few bucks more it came with a poster and some other merch. Didn't realize that it was a completely different poster then what they sold at the merch tents. I'll try to post a picture later of it cause it's pretty cool. 
    NYPJ
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    wall232 said:

wall232 said:

Yeah, it wasn't too hard to move up even though we didn't get into the stadium until 7:45. 

When trying to get tickets the only GA I was able to pull up were the "Unforgiven" package, which was their lowest VIP ticket. For a few bucks more it came with a poster and some other merch. Didn't realize that it was a completely different poster then what they sold at the merch tents. I'll try to post a picture later of it cause it's pretty cool. 
    IMO, the one they gave out with the VIP tickets blows the Ames poster away.

VIP Poster

Ames Poster

• Mink One has done some Metallica posters that have looked pretty nice too.

Im not as keen on the posters as I used to be, but if they have a slick poster for the Vancouver show I'd be game.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    edited May 2017
    Mink One has done some Metallica posters that have looked pretty nice too.

Im not as keen on the posters as I used to be, but if they have a slick poster for the Vancouver show I'd be game.
    Hope they have a nice one for the Miami show in July as well. July is such a long wait to see the show. :(

So far, IMO, the Baltimore poster is the top one so far out of the 3 US dates.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    EM194007 said:

Hope they have a nice one for the Miami show in July as well. July is such a long wait to see the show. :(

oooh i like that one.  hadn't seen it before.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • EM194007 said:

That's a good one.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    EM194007 said:
    wall232 said:

wall232 said:

VIP Poster

^ I like this one. 
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    EM194007 said:

That's a good one.
    Also was a nice surprise that they were signed and numbered at the show. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    EM194007 said:
    wall232 said:

wall232 said:

VIP Poster

Loved the VIP. That Baltimore one is pretty awesome too. 
    NYPJ
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    Any leak of tonight's poster?
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,224
    Yep and its ugly.

UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
    Horse2345 said:
    Yep and its ugly.

Haven't seen it yet.  You sure you aren't confusing the East Rutherford with tonight?

Horse2345 said:
    Yep and its ugly.

Haven't seen it yet.  You sure you aren't confusing the East Rutherford with tonight?

Yep. Its Ameshttps://forums.metallica.com/t/the-comeback-of-concert-posters/4036/420  post 419 i think 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13

Anyone going to Seattle show and can pick me up a Seahawks jersey? I can paypal or pick something up at Vancouver show.
    Horse2345 said:

Ames strikes again. :rofl:  Fingers crossed Ames doesn't do the poster for the show I'm going to in July.
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,292
    Has anyone heard if the venue or ticketmaster have been releasing more tickets like the day before or day of the shows??  I just know from my concert going experience that stadium/arena shows this happens often that after the stage is set up they open up more sections for availability.  Still searching for tickets to soldier field without breaking the bank!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
    Has anyone heard if the venue or ticketmaster have been releasing more tickets like the day before or day of the shows??  I just know from my concert going experience that stadium/arena shows this happens often that after the stage is set up they open up more sections for availability.  Still searching for tickets to soldier field without breaking the bank!
    Nassau Coliseum did it a week before the show.
    Horse2345 said:

It's based off of Moth into Flame from the new album.  It makes it a whole lot cooler.
    Horse2345 said:

It's based off of Moth into Flame from the new album.  It makes it a whole lot cooler.
    Could have been a great poster using the Moth into Flames concept. But come on Ames. When does have a moth have 6 chicken feet? 
    Listened to the Baltimore Boot today (FLAC Files). Whoever they have mixing the shows for the Boots did a great job.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,188
    EM194007 said:
    Listened to the Baltimore Boot today (FLAC Files). Whoever they have mixing the shows for the Boots did a great job.
    I feel like every other band these days has better sound mixing on their boots than Pearl Jam. They used to have the best mixing and now it's so hit or miss. Sigh.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    EM194007 said:
    The Production team behind the record. Mike Gillies has been working at HQ with Metallica for a really long time now. He's recording and mixing and Kent Matcke is editing. I seem to recall getting an email about it a little while ago.

From Metallica.com:
    Wow... what an amazing way to kick off the North American leg of the WorldWired tour. A huge shout-out to our friends in Baltimore for making us feel so welcome and getting us started on an absolute high! As you may know, we record every show so that you can digitally download it or spin a good old-fashioned CD and re-live the night or hear what you missed. In honor of the first proper tour of North America in quite some time, we’ve given our little site LiveMetallica.com a small face-lift and even better yet, have made arrangements to have the team that brought you Hardwired…To Self-Destruct mix each and every show to give you maximum sound quality.

https://metallica.com/blog/news/446063/live-metallica-update
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
    tbergs said:
    EM194007 said:
    I feel like every other band these days has better sound mixing on their boots than Pearl Jam. They used to have the best mixing and now it's so hit or miss. Sigh.
    ^This!
    So last night was AWESOME!!!

Band moved around the stage throughout the night.  Showered the crowd with pics at the end of the show.

Sound sucked inside the Coliseum at first.  Towards the end of the night it got better though.

Really wanted to hear Breadfan.  

Now that we're Dead sounded great.  Got to hear Four Horsemen.  

Could have done without 2 from the black album for the encore.

Overall the show was great.  Got me a cool Islanders style Metallica Jersey!
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    So last night was AWESOME!!!

Band moved around the stage throughout the night.  Showered the crowd with pics at the end of the show.

Sound sucked inside the Coliseum at first.  Towards the end of the night it got better though.

Really wanted to hear Breadfan.  

Now that we're Dead sounded great.  Got to hear Four Horsemen.  

Could have done without 2 from the black album for the encore.

Overall the show was great.  Got me a cool Islanders style Metallica Jersey!
    Last night was one hell of a show.  Nice change from stadiums.  I was about stage level right by stage, but there are no shitty seats there probably.  Place is small Did you catch any picks?
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417

VIP postet from last night

VIP postet from last night

That's a cool poster!

I was lower bowl 4th row in.  Two of my buddies snuck into GA.  Me and my girl stayed put.  GREAT SEATS!  So no picks...