There's Something Wrong With Aunt Diane

Comments

• pandora wrote:
    I understand she was ill and not evil bad person.

Lol!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • prljamgirlprljamgirl Posts: 602
    pandora wrote:
    So we agree then :? prljamgirl :?

my point was she did not purposely drink and drive as some are contending...
    that she was a horrible person a drunk and drug addict.

Pandora, you really are your own worst enemy in here. You seem to just get stuck on your own opinion and refuse to even acknowledge anyone elses. AND you keep coming back to all the horrible people in here who think she was a drug addict.....who said that?
  • pandora wrote:
    Just by looking at her and her husband, they look like drinkers.
    shaking_head.gif

Overweight with unhealthy looking skin and thick necks like that are good physical markers. But why debate it when you can just throw in a head-smacking emoticon?

I KNEW she was going to pick that one sentence out of your whole post as soon as I read it. Pandora is one of these people that doesn't look at the whole picture. She will pick one little thing and focus on it and the other 98% gets ignored - a tactic that a defense attorney or crooked politician would use. They create their own realities to suit their needs.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I KNEW she was going to pick that one sentence out of your whole post as soon as I read it. Pandora is one of these people that doesn't look at the whole picture. She will pick one little thing and focus on it and the other 98% gets ignored - a tactic that a defense attorney or crooked politician would use. They create their own realities to suit their needs.
    THAT one little thing so telling :lol:
  • pandora wrote:
    THAT one little thing so telling :lol:

Yet you have no comment on the other 98% of the post? You're ignoring the facts.
    edited August 2011
    pandora wrote:
    THAT one little thing so telling

Cut it the hell out with the stupid laughing smiley faces, they are inappropriate in this thread Pandora....this is a serious topic, one that you seem SO passionate about. You might be taken more seriously if you didn't do that.
    Post edited by prljamgirl on
    edited August 2011
    prljamgirl wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Cut it the hell out with the stupid laughing smiley faces, they are inappropriate in this thread Pandora....this is a serious topic, one that you seem SO passionate about. You might be taken more seriously if you didn't do that.

Oh, and the head smacking smiley face, and the eye rollling smiley face, and all of the smiley faces. They are inappropriate......
    prljamgirl wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Pandora, you really are your own worst enemy in here. You seem to just get stuck on your own opinion and refuse to even acknowledge anyone elses. AND you keep coming back to all the horrible people in here who think she was a drug addict.....who said that?
    read back through please

actually I'm my bestest buddy :D

and of course as always that can be said about everyone ...

Im out ....this is going personal and will get shut down...

stay on topic folks ... its not about me or is it? :lol:

carry on... anyone have an opinion on topic :?
  • pandora wrote:
    I think there is a chance that she was on a suicide mission and chose to go out high as a kite.
    :wtf: alrighty then spread another rumor :?

Well one of the witnesses said that. If you watched the documentary and paid attention, you would remember that. The fact that she was driving in control and at high speeds doesn't negate that as a possibility, does it? It is no less valid than saying she was delirious and somehow forced to drink. That is even less plausible or logical.

Yeah, Pandora seems to think that the bottle of vodka, which was mysteriously in the front seat of the van, somehow opened itself, floated up to her lips and tilted itself. Also, she was only a casual smoker of marijuana and only EVER smoked it late at night before bed - Even though toxicology reports show that Diane Schuler smoked a high amount of it 15 min to an hour before she crashed head on with another vehicle - oh but Pandora somehow missed that part - again, she seems to miss all the important details and facts of the case and chooses to believe in fairy tales and conspiracies.
  • pandora wrote:
    prljamgirl wrote:
    pandora wrote:

read back through please

[Personal attack removed by Admin. See the Posting Guidelines. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. ]
    prljamgirl wrote:

Oh, and the head smacking smiley face, and the eye rollling smiley face, and all of the smiley faces. They are inappropriate......
    I like me my smilies :D :thumbup: :clap::mrgreen:

don't use rolling eyes though... :(

keep a sense of humor in life... smilies help do that :D
    pandora wrote:
    read back through please

I have read back through, enough to know that your opinion is biased. I'm not sure what documentary you watched or what you've been reading in here....but you're blind to over half of the facts of this case. You don't want to see it for whatever reason. I am done with you on this topic....anything else you post I will not read or acknowledge. It's impossible to get anywhere with you.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    500x_custom_1279603353670_frankenstein_mob.jpg ?
  • AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    pandora wrote:
    shaking_head.gif

Overweight with unhealthy looking skin and thick necks like that are good physical markers. But why debate it when you can just throw in a head-smacking emoticon?

It's called False Emphasis, a diversionary tactic used to change the subject of discussion away from one's own failing argument.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
    prljamgirl wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Agreed. It's very smug and argument baiting.
    pandora wrote:
    prljamgirl wrote:

read back through please

So would staying on topic be a head-slapping emoticon or a wink?
    pandora wrote:
    prljamgirl wrote:
    pandora wrote:

read back through please

Actually you have yet to respond to the facts I've posted, or the counterarguments I've made to your assertions. And a head-slapping face isn't a reasonable or persuasive response.

• It's called False Emphasis, a diversionary tactic used to change the subject of discussion away from one's own failing argument.

Yep, that's it. You sound like a lawyer - a smart one!

And now for some smiley's........ :) :P :D:mrgreen::lol:

and everyone's personal favorite....... ;)

You know who else winks a lot....

sarah-palin.png

CASE CLOSED
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    The husband is just 'deflecting' by shifting responsibility to everyone but his wife - suing the state and also, it has been reported, pathetically filing a lawsuit against the father of those three little girls killed by his wife (his nieces - family!) because it was his van and therefore he was liable?!?!?! . I guess he must have problems coming to terms his wife WAS drunk and high and killed 4 little children (all family) and 3 other people due to her, and only her, actions. It's an insult to the families of the men killed in the SUV and an insult to the parents of the three little nieces. He is best to face reality, for his son's sake.
    Rygar wrote:
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Watched it this weekend. I agree with this:
    norm wrote:

however, the facts are this...she was drunk...really drunk and probably high...her husband and s-i-l need to let this go...no amount of tests will reveal what was going on in her head at that time
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    redrock wrote:
    The husband is just 'deflecting' by shifting responsibility to everyone but his wife - suing the state and also, it has been reported, pathetically filing a lawsuit against the father of those three little girls killed by his wife (his nieces - family!) because it was his van and therefore he was liable?!?!?! . I guess he must have problems coming to terms his wife WAS drunk and high and killed 4 little children (all family) and 3 other people due to her, and only her, actions. It's an insult to the families of the men killed in the SUV and an insult to the parents of the three little nieces. He is best to face reality, for his son's sake.

Very well said. The husband and sister in law are grasping at straws to try to explain something that is fairly evident to most outside observers, and looking to lay blame everywhere but where it is deserved. They can't accept the fact that what Diane did was a despicable, and that will dominate everyone's memory of her.
    pandora wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

sarah-palin.png
    Thanks for calling me out to the mods. Apparently some people can't handle themselves in a debate without calling foul and running to some higher authority to bail them out. :roll: It says a lot about one's character, as does supporting a known drunk driving murderer. Maybe next we can have a thread where someone defends a child molester who only did so because he had a migraine. ;)
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Posts: 12,158
    edited August 2011
    Thanks for calling me out to the mods. Apparently some people can't handle themselves in a debate without calling foul and running to some higher authority to bail them out. :roll: It says a lot about one's character, as does supporting a known drunk driving murderer. Maybe next we can have a thread where someone defends a child molester who only did so because he had a migraine. ;)

You're not alone; I got a PM too.
    Post edited by The Waiting Trophy Man on
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Pathology laboratories are under pretty strict regulations from their certifying organizations. Botched toxicology tests can cost their accreditations, costing hospitals or labs millions in lost revenue/year.

As much as I would like to have a heart, and look at the human side of this story, science rarely is wrong. Not only did she have a .19 BAC, there was liquid in her gut that hadn't been metabolized yet.

Poor decisions were made, lives were lost. Tragic.

This is true, and there is a specific chain of custody for all evidence, including blood and tissue specimens for toxicology testing. And the body itself.

There's no denying she was positive for alcohol and THC. There's also no denying that completely unconnected people who talked with her before the accident (campground owner, McDonald's and gas station employees) said she didn't appear intoxicated.

We'll just never know.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,796
    No excuse for drunk driving, if you are alone in the car

5 kids takes it to a different level. Call 911 or a family member if your not feeling good. Being an apologist for a drunk...... I'll keep that to myself
    I've bee researching her physical state if indeed she had a
    tooth abscess that moved to the brain.

She had the symptoms from the info in the documentary related to such.
    Beginning stages...headache, nausea, confusion,

when it become severe it results in

Fever, vision problems, grave confusion,
    also paralysis can occur depending what part of the brain is affected.
    Understanding speech is effected as is cognitive ability....
    eventually coma.

When I went into watching this doc I thought she was an awful person
    and now I believe she was extremely ill.
    Her behavior tells me this as does the chain of events.

Her personality traits coupled with being gravely ill proved to be deadly.
    Her nature.... to never ask for help and a must do type person, always in control
    kept her moving when she was without rational thought driven only by pain and fear.

As far as being an apologist that would be an incorrect statement.
    Haven't read how unforgiving I can be. :lol:

I go to the fact no one could provide any evidence of her being a drunk or addict.
    Only good things were said about her by the people who knew her best...
    to casual friends throughout the years, to coworkers etc.
    so why assume the very worse.

This DUI is different... why a doc was done in the first place, a controversial case.

I believe she did not make rational decisions and knowingly drink
    but I believe everyone assumed this, including myself.
    I know now some have doubts as I do.

And everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I pray for her surviving son that this theory can somehow be proven to be true.

If not perhaps he can use this information as he grows up, to help him cope
    most especially when his mother is attacked by others that don't know for sure what happened
    and assume the worst.
  • -If she was in such excrutiating pain, would a family camping trip really be somewhere she wanted to be?

-Control issues, double life, secrets. Addiction is cunning, baffling, powerful and SELFISH. The disease of addiction will do anything to keep it alive in its host, including lying to loved ones. My father is a funny, kindhearted soul that everyone loves and has never missed a day of work in his life. My father is an alcoholic, and his addiction continues to devastate my family daily. You should read One Crafty Mother's blog site. Sober now, she gives insight into how absolutely skilled she was at hiding her addiction from those that loved her most.

-The money that they are using to exhume the body, run additional tests should instead be used to get the remaining family a lot of therapy to deal with this horrific tragedy.

One thing that I take issue with Pandora, is you have mentioned many times addiction/horrible person. Addiction is a disease, you don't have to be a horrible person to have it.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,796
    When a majority of us were stating the annoyance of a select few at Eds shows who ruined the vibe with their inability to drink like a normal person, or not be such sloppy drunks

I remember someone defending them, and saying they can't help themselves. Not seeing that a Normal person wouldn't react this way at a Chill theatre not being under the influence. That it was excitement of being near Ed...... Bullshit. That flies at a PJ gig, drunks who make asses out of themselves in public are indeed drunks.

People who drink and drive are drunks at the time. Let's defend people who stick their necks out for the advancement of people. Ie volunteers, etc. Not some trash that partied a lil too hard at camp.

It's a shame she didn't survive like most of these scummy drunks. She got off easy
This discussion has been closed.