Options

PEARL JAM TWENTY WORLD PREMIERE @ THE TORONTO FILM FESTIVAL

Comments

• Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Hopefully I can get a ticket to the premier in Toronto. :)
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    polaris_x wrote:
    anyone know the venue of the TIFF premiere?

i would guess elgin

didn't even think of that one...I hope it's Roy Thomson though

it's not a gala presentation ... so, it won't be there ...
  • Options
    i put this in the other thread ... but maybe i should post it here too ...

the TIFF is a ridiculous event ... tickets are near impossible to get for premiers for films (especially those that have celebrities) ... they have like one premier screening and then they will play it once or twice after ... the "stars" will only attend the premier (generally) ... and i suspect we will see the entire band there ... it's the world fucking premier and we already know they are in town ...

TIFF works via a lottery ... you can only request a ticket ... there's no guarantees especially because they save a bunch of seats for sponsors (and there are ton) plus a bunch for people in the know ... the good part about that is that if the sponsors or people in the know don't show up ... tickets are released to the rush line ...

the rush line is another option ... they will release unused tickets 10 mins before the show ... but it's first come first serve so you need to get there early ...

for everyone trying for tickets - good luck but in my estimation, unless you know someone ... it'll be worse than getting EV or PJ tickets via 10C ...
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,603
    polaris_x wrote:

the TIFF is a ridiculous event ... tickets are near impossible to get for premiers for films (especially those that have celebrities) ... they have like one premier screening and then they will play it once or twice after ... the "stars" will only attend the premier (generally) ... and i suspect we will see the entire band there ... it's the world fucking premier and we already know they are in town ...

TIFF works via a lottery ... you can only request a ticket ... there's no guarantees especially because they save a bunch of seats for sponsors (and there are ton) plus a bunch for people in the know ... the good part about that is that if the sponsors or people in the know don't show up ... tickets are released to the rush line ...

the rush line is another option ... they will release unused tickets 10 mins before the show ... but it's first come first serve so you need to get there early ...

for everyone trying for tickets - good luck but in my estimation, unless you know someone ... it'll be worse than getting EV or PJ tickets via 10C ...

polaris_x is right on all counts.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,342
    polaris_x wrote:

For a movie no thanks :lol:;)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,087
    polaris_x wrote:

Worse? D'oh! I'll try my luck & see.

There's gonna be hundreds of fan's in that rush line. Wished Cameron Crowe & Pearl Jam had many of those seats saved for use here @ 10club. Maybe a contest or something.

The premier @ the Roy Thomson Hall will be where the band will be at, the gala red carpet and all.
  • Options
    For a movie no thanks :lol:;)

for sure ... it's really about possibly rubbing shoulders with the guys ... for a movie - YOU KNOW you can see in a couple of weeks ... making the effort to see the premier is just about seeing it first and maybe meeting the guys ...
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

There's gonna be hundreds of fan's in that rush line. Wished Cameron Crowe & Pearl Jam had many of those seats saved for use here @ 10club. Maybe a contest or something.

The premier @ the Roy Thomson Hall will be where the band will be at, the gala red carpet and all.

it WILL NOT be at Roy Thomson Hall ... only the galas are screened there ... it's part of the Special Presentations series ... i suspect the Elgin unless they have a nicer screening room at the new Lightbox ... but it's likely the Elgin ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

it WILL NOT be at Roy Thomson Hall ... only the galas are screened there ... it's part of the Special Presentations series ... i suspect the Elgin unless they have a nicer screening room at the new Lightbox ... but it's likely the Elgin ...

Okie dokie. This small town folk wants to be there in attendance. By any means necessary. :)
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,394
    Is there ANY news at all about possible screenings in the UK? All this talk about the screenings in the US and Canada is driving me nuts.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    Got my tickets to an uptown Toronto screening, just wondering if I should cancel those tickets and try to get TIFF tickets instead hoping Pearl Jam might appear on red carpet that day. They don't have any tour date set up on Sep 20th( They have one in 09/19 Saskatoon/09/21 Calgary) They might be wiiling to fly to Toronto to watch their premere? :P That means I can be in same room with them to watch their own documentary? :roll: :roll: What are the chances? Any thoughts?

the premiere is on the 10th.

Oops! Need another eye exam. That means I can possibly watch it twice!! I will try my best to score some tickets on September 3rd. More F5 action! Thanks for all the tips!
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,792
    Lizard wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    I've never seen Pearl Jam live and probably never will because I have hyperacusis (can't even do movie theaters) but when the DVD of this film comes I'm gonna be so...

STOKED!!! :D:D:D

had to look that word up---that's too bad.

BUT YOU CAN WATCH THE MOVIE AT HOME!!!! :D

Thanks, Lizard. Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the movie at home when it comes out. Until then, I'll get even more stoked about it reading all the reviews here! :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,006
    Just bought tickets to the Toronto show on the 20th. I'll try for Tiff but atleast these are secure.
  • Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    polaris_x wrote:

damn, was hoping i could just work the premiere. guess i'll have to settle for U2. :?
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    The OracleThe Oracle Posts: 526
    mj351 wrote:
    For the Aussies..... i've read this quote on a number a sites so far

"Pearl Jam Twenty will show in Australia for one night only in select Hoyts, Village, and Event Cinemas on Tuesday September 20. "

Lock it in. ;)

Well done 8-) - it's on the MMM site. Now just got to wait for further details..... waiting,waiting,waiting .... so frustrating. Soundtrack, book ordered ..... waiting,waiting,waiting ..... credit card skyrocketing ..... waiting for the bill, but won't have to wait so long for that, I suspect :shock:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,314
    lets hope all work out and find tickets for Toronto...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

but it's likely the Elgin

Or as Ed would say the L - gin!
  • Options
    Re

Dic

U

Lous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will be NEXT to IMPOSSIBLE to get tickets to this screening. I admire but don't envy anybody who tries. There is going to be A LOT of disappointed PJ fans outside the theater that night. But hey, to those lucky enough to get in it will be an amazing experience and we usually have to pay a ridiculous price for such experiences. Although I doubt you will get any where near the band or Cameron, you would still be one of the first to see it.
  • Options
    TrixieTrixie Posts: 179
    [/quote]but it's likely the Elgin

Or as Ed would say the L - gin![/quote]

I'd forgotten all about that. That was pretty funny!
  • Options
    veddermanvedderman Posts: 799
    I will be there! Do you think it will be hard to get the tickets on Sept 3rd??
    2000 Ljubljana
    2006 Vienna, Zagreb
    2007 Munich
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Montreal, Toronto 1&2
    2012 Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, EV Manchester
    2013 Worcester 1&2, Brooklyn 1&2
    2014 Amsterdam 1&2, Manchester 1&2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2017 EV Firenze, Taormina 1&2
    2018 Amsterdam 1&2, Padova, Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    2019 EV Firenze
  • Options
    Trixie wrote:
    but it's likely the Elgin

Or as Ed would say the L - gin![/quote]

I'd forgotten all about that. That was pretty funny![/quote]

Almost as funny as almost pissing on Massey Hall :D

Or the guy looking for his leg while riding a bike. And the guy in the audience making Ed laugh when he asked "How did he ride the bike with one leg?"
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,249
    vedderman wrote:

Based on what those above have said, for the Premiere, I'd say near impossible, for the second and third screenings, maybe. Lets hope they don't do something daft like have the 2 regular screenings on the 11 & 12 in the evening!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:
    vedderman wrote:

Based on what those above have said, for the Premiere, I'd say near impossible, for the second and third screenings, maybe. Lets hope they don't do something daft like have the 2 regular screenings on the 11 & 12 in the evening!

haha ... they might! ... usually tho the additional screenings are held the day after in the afternoon ...
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    edited September 2011
    Post edited by shortstack on
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    No Las Vegas theaters???

:cry:

C'mon PJ - you guys haven't been to Vegas in 5 years! I can't afford to keep traveling to Cali for every event...PLEASE show PJ20 somewhere in Vegas!
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i would LOVE to see the premiere in toronto - here's hoping! :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,314
    i would LOVE to see the premiere in toronto - here's hoping! :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Tickets are onsale now over @ Empire Theatres http://www.empiretheatres.com/movie/pearl-jam-twenty

:)
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,249
    demetrios wrote:
    Tickets are onsale now over @ Empire Theatres http://www.empiretheatres.com/movie/pearl-jam-twenty

Before anyone gets too excited and starts hyperventilating, these tickets are for the standard shows from 20 September onward, not the premiere/film festival screenings!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Before anyone gets too excited and starts hyperventilating, these tickets are for the standard shows from 20 September onward, not the premiere/film festival screenings!

That's correct. It's for Empire Theatres. Not the Toronto Film Festival.