Options

PEARL JAM TWENTY WORLD PREMIERE @ THE TORONTO FILM FESTIVAL

Comments

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,522
    Me and about 3 others may be the only ones that show up, but come to HONG KONG! :)
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    i will be at the premiere. i don't know how i'm gonna swing it, i don't know how many favours i'm gonna have to call in, but i will be at the premiere.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,946
    I've never seen Pearl Jam live and probably never will because I have hyperacusis (can't even do movie theaters) but when the DVD of this film comes I'm gonna be so...

STOKED!!! :D:D:D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    WashMyLoveWashMyLove Posts: 804
    WashMyLove wrote:
    the film will be playing in NYC at the IFC Center but when I click the link there's no info about PJ20 and when or how to buy tix :?:

how do you know it's even playing there?
    i havent read thru this whole thread...not even the first post fully :oops: mea culpa.
    ive been w/o internet for a few days, just popped on here a bit ago to catch up, saw all this film/book/soundtrack news, and sure, just running with it all in excitement. :mrgreen:

i really, really hope to catch the premiere while up in toronto, but i would, either way, also want to catch it in NYC....so will definitely be on the lookout for any/all info. 8-)

exciting stuff on the horizon!

on the PJ20 website under screenings it says Sept. 20 the screenings will start. under NY says IFC Center...If you click the link it will direct you there but it doesn't say in the website when tix go onsale for the screening :(
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Oh dear, I think I need to stock up on tissues starting now. I'm just getting uber emotional in my "old" age and that was only 2:36. I might flood the theatres in NYC :lol::lol::lol:

Our boys did good. They have evolved so gracefully and I feel so privileged to be a fan.

I'll be bringing a box of tissues as well. I saw the trailer and teared up....with so much emotion..happy to know PJ is still around when the music/rock industry has been seen as weak :oops:
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    I was happy to see that there's a theater in Tampa that is playing it!
    Thanks for the news Sea. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    vc23 wrote:
    I just got tickets for the Nashville show. What a month September is turning out to be! Good times for sure.
    Me too.... The Belcourt is awesome, Can't Wait :)
  • Options
    am I the only one getting audio only on this trailer??? How can I see the FULL trailer...vid and audio?? Help!

edit....nevermind I figured it out! Just had to reload the page. LOVED the trailer! I hope the festival puts this in a large enough venue to accomodate the huge influx of people coming to see this!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,855
    That trailer got me very excited indeed.

Fuck me', I can't wait for this
  • Options
    mj351mj351 Posts: 218
    That trailer was freakin' awesome, I like it heaps...
    Now.. announce the screening dates for down under!!

Melbourne - 16/3/95, 5/3/98, 18/2/03, 20/2/03, 13/11/06, 16/11/06, 20/11/09, EV 24/3/11 EV 25/3/11, 24/1/14, ....
  • Options
    MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049
    I for one hope the book has more text and less pictures. There's enough picture books on my shelf so lets have some words of wisdom!
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    Still no update from http://www.empiretheatres.com/comingsoonmovies. D'oh! Each waking hour I'm checking the site on my BBM to buy tickets to the event.
  • Options
    mj351mj351 Posts: 218
    For the Aussies..... i've read this quote on a number a sites so far

"Pearl Jam Twenty will show in Australia for one night only in select Hoyts, Village, and Event Cinemas on Tuesday September 20. "

Lock it in. ;)

Melbourne - 16/3/95, 5/3/98, 18/2/03, 20/2/03, 13/11/06, 16/11/06, 20/11/09, EV 24/3/11 EV 25/3/11, 24/1/14, ....
  • Options
    Got my tickets to an uptown Toronto screening, just wondering if I should cancel those tickets and try to get TIFF tickets instead hoping Pearl Jam might appear on red carpet that day. They don't have any tour date set up on Sep 20th( They have one in 09/19 Saskatoon/09/21 Calgary) They might be wiiling to fly to Toronto to watch their premere? :P That means I can be in same room with them to watch their own documentary? :roll: :roll: What are the chances? Any thoughts?
  • Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    Got my tickets to an uptown Toronto screening, just wondering if I should cancel those tickets and try to get TIFF tickets instead hoping Pearl Jam might appear on red carpet that day. They don't have any tour date set up on Sep 20th( They have one in 09/19 Saskatoon/09/21 Calgary) They might be wiiling to fly to Toronto to watch their premere? :P That means I can be in same room with them to watch their own documentary? :roll: :roll: What are the chances? Any thoughts?

the premiere is on the 10th.
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    gibbitsgibbits Posts: 500
    Does anyone know what theatre the premier is at?
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    anyone wanna purchase a package with me?

https://tytix.tiff.net/scripts/max/10.1 ... TION=ORDER
    i like sound...
  • Options
    camaros wrote:

The package to buy is the 10-TICKET FLEX PACK. Regular $180.80 ($160.00 + $20.80 HST).
    Share! Get up to four tickets per film, per account to any regular screening.

Then the Film Selection Courier Service. Regular $169.50 ($150.00 + $19.50 HST)
    Complement your "My Choice" Packs by having the Advance Order Book delivered, with a prepaid Purolator envelope for you to return your completed order, plus the Programme Book and the Official Film Schedule.

Total of $350.30 .. for 4 tickets to one showing of PJ20? But you will be going into a lottery for the showing. What i've been told.

The best way is to wait till Saturday September 3rd @ 7am Toronto time to score single tickets online on their website or @ their box office.

The DOUBLE-DATE GALA PACK - See 2 premium, red carpet premieres at Roy Thomson Hall. You will receive four tickets per film. ... is what we would all love to see. Those sold out many weeks before they even hit the website. :(
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    brianlux wrote:
    I've never seen Pearl Jam live and probably never will because I have hyperacusis (can't even do movie theaters) but when the DVD of this film comes I'm gonna be so...

STOKED!!! :D:D:D

had to look that word up---that's too bad.

BUT YOU CAN WATCH THE MOVIE AT HOME!!!! :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    demetrios wrote:

Total of $350.30 .. for 4 tickets to one showing of PJ20? But you will be going into a lottery for the showing. What i've been told.

The best way is to wait till Saturday September 3rd @ 7am Toronto time to score single tickets online on their website or @ their box office.

i hate waiting......... thanks for the tips....
    i like sound...
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    demetrios wrote:
    camaros wrote:

The package to buy is the 10-TICKET FLEX PACK. Regular $180.80 ($160.00 + $20.80 HST).

Complement your "My Choice" Packs by having the Advance Order Book delivered, with a prepaid Purolator envelope for you to return your completed order, plus the Programme Book and the Official Film Schedule.

The DOUBLE-DATE GALA PACK - See 2 premium, red carpet premieres at Roy Thomson Hall. You will receive four tickets per film. ... is what we would all love to see. Those sold out many weeks before they even hit the website. :(

is toronto time the same as NY?
    i think so, just want to verify.
    EST.

btw - 7 am....:wtf:
    that is mighty early for a ticket sale! ouch! hahaha.
    will it be on the tiff site?
    i dont really see how to navigate around there for a sale. ugh. i wish the sale were earlier than the 3rd. eh well.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Does anyone know when the NY Screening will be available for purchase?
    I sent an email to IFC Center requesting that info...waiting for a response.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    WashMyLove wrote:

Tickets on sale now, they just responded to me (you might have a similar email in your inbox at this point):
    Tickets just went on sale here:
    http://www.movietickets.com/pre_purchas ... 09/20/2011

Best,
    The IFC Center Team
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    I have been away for a few days and this get announced?!? Woohoo! Just snagged my Milwaukee screening tickets!!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    WashMyLove wrote:

Tickets on sale now, they just responded to me (you might have a similar email in your inbox at this point):

Best,
    The IFC Center Team

Thanks! I just got a response from them with the same link.
    Got mine! so excited...I'll bring my tissues just incase I shed some tears :lol:
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    WashMyLove wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

Best,
    The IFC Center Team

Got mine! so excited...I'll bring my tissues just incase I shed some tears :lol:

Might want to bring a flotation device too, between you and I, we might flood the place :lol::lol:
  • Options
    tiny update ...
    demetrios wrote:
    Ok, maybe merge this but it needs to be posted in it's own thread for all to see cause for those who are gonna buy packages right now (like a few friends of mine were gonna do). DON'T!!!!

Just spoke with a rep over @ TIFF. Was tempted to buy the Ten Package today. But she said don't do it. Your best chance is to wait September 3rd for single tickets. Cause the PJ20 film is one of the hottest films. Those packages won't even get a prayer in a PJ20 shot of tickets.

I was told a few day's ago to try this route:
    demetrios wrote:
    https://tytix.tiff.net/scripts/max/10.17.40.32-2000/maxweb.exe?ACTION=ORDER

Total of $350.30 CDN. It's a lottery choice. You are not 100% guarantee to get your choices.

So September 3rd is the date. http://tiff.net/ . On the right hand side where you see Get Tickets, get to know that link. Get the WD-40 for that F5 button. Cause a new button will show up for Festival Single Tickets & the film you would want to see.

Tickets for the Gala Premier are $42 dollars
    Regular ticket showing are $25 dollars, or was it $30?

&
    demetrios wrote:
    Sarbjit Singh│ Empire Theatres Limited

http://www.empiretheatres.com/

Hi Demetrios

Yes we will be doing this event. Ticket will go on sale Monday.

Thanks

:)

Empire Studio 10, Sydney – 03 Sydney NS Info/Buy
    Empire Studio 7, New Glasgow – 14 New Glasgow NS Info/Buy
    Empire Theatres Dartmouth Crossing – 45 Dartmouth NS Info/Buy
    Empire 18 Cinemas and IMAX Bayers Lak Halifax NS Info/Buy
    Empire 8 Park Lane – 43 Halifax NS Info/Buy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfPg5LjGYz8

:D:D:D
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    nice!!! but looking at the Screening Page http://www.pj20.com/screenings/, do not see any SF bay area theater??? :( :( yet... :roll:
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    WashMyLove wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

Might want to bring a flotation device too, between you and I, we might flood the place :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: good one! ;)