Who's the most famous person you have met?

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DS1119 wrote:
    This went from a fun little post to basically a dick measuring contest. Too bad.

im outta here.. enjoy the stories

I'm glad you could take time out of your star studded day to mingle with the common folk.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    This went from a fun little post to basically a dick measuring contest. Too bad.

im outta here.. enjoy the stories

I'm glad you could take time out of your star studded day to mingle with the common folk.

oh lord :roll: :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

Don't you have the Queen of England on line four for you to answer? Boy, in about an hour span you managed to ruin the thread and shit on people's experiences. Hope you feel better. :thumbup: :clap:
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    DS1119 wrote:

Don't you have the Queen of England on line four for you to answer? Boy, in about an hour span you managed to ruin the thread and shit on people's experiences. Hope you feel better. :thumbup: :clap:

Ok, I'm gonna bring this baby back 'round, because I think there's others with good stores!

:)

Here's how I met Ben Harper!

When PJ played the garden for the first time in '98, Ben Harper was opening. My office was with the dressing rooms, and when Ben got off the stage I was standing right by the steps. He walked past me... and forgot to take the immediate right turn into the corridor of dressing rooms... (it's kinda a maze back there if you miss that turn). He peeked into the stagehand bathroom, then stood looking around, and saw me watching him and probably saw I had a walkie on my hip. He walked over to me, and in the softest kindest voice asked me "do you know where my dressing room is?" "Sure", I said. "It's number eight". Walked him back there. ...his was on the end, but around a bend, so even with the number, he would have gotten lost again. Nicest guy.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    CJMST3K wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Ok, I'm gonna bring this baby back 'round, because I think there's others with good stores!

:)

Here's how I met Ben Harper!

When PJ played the garden for the first time in '98, Ben Harper was opening. My office was with the dressing rooms, and when Ben got off the stage I was standing right by the steps. He walked past me... and forgot to take the immediate right turn into the corridor of dressing rooms... (it's kinda a maze back there if you miss that turn). He peeked into the stagehand bathroom, then stood looking around, and saw me watching him and probably saw I had a walkie on my hip. He walked over to me, and in the softest kindest voice asked me "do you know where my dressing room is?" "Sure", I said. "It's number eight". Walked him back there. ...his was on the end, but around a bend, so even with the number, he would have gotten lost again. Nicest guy.

Been awhile since you whipped-out an MSG story! :o
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

...was accused of mentioning it too frequently from a particular board member, so I stopped. But this thread needed CPR. :)
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    I've had a pint with John Martyn; Syd Barrett ran his bike over my foot accidentally once; and I was another time on a train carriage with Amy WInehouse. I must jinx them, because they're all dead now. :lol:

Hmmm.. you might be on to something there!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I'm not sure who the "most famous" person I've ever met would be but my favorite "famous" person I've ever spent time with is Bobby Bowden because the dude is super nice and unintentionally funny.
    I was just about to list Bobby Bowden, myself.

Bobby Bowden
    Deon Sanders
    Robby Kreiger
    Chuck D
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Jim McMahon
    one of these days I would love to meet Jim
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Same for me...L.A. fella whose clients are mostly in music/TV...endless list.

Them small-town folk just don't get it, Neily!

Yeah, living in L.A. it gets so old. Stars stars stars. And Norm (Cheers Norm) lives a block up the street so we see him all the time (and not a super fancy neighborhood either, btw).

My husband saw Brad and Angelina in the local Big 5 (sports store) and said she looked like shit. And that Brad looked like a movie star.

My favorite famous person story (and I think I've posted this before) is a couple years ago Bill Clinton hit on a friend of mine at a party back east. I mean, he seriously hit on her. She was with a date and he still totally came on to her - she said it was like a vortex, he sucked you in. And she'd never really liked him or voted for him so she said it was pretty amazing how charismatic he was. And then Hillary came up and pulled him away. Gave my friend the big stinkeye.
    CJMST3K wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

...was accused of mentioning it too frequently from a particular board member, so I stopped. But this thread needed CPR. :)

Touche'

I bet you had to learn CPR when you worked at MSG!
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    Michael Jordan
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    michael jordan, twice
    the first year he played for chicago
    he was playing golf where i worked
    very nice, cordial, all around decent guy

probably 10-12 years later he was in the steak house my brother ran (same resort) and was a generally all around asshole
    wanting his enormous tab on the house for signing autographs and being a loud jerk-off prick about it, (then tipped his waiter 10%)

afw
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    edited July 2011
    I've been pretty lucky to meet a lot of bands by hanging around back of the clubs after shows. I guess John Paul Jones would be the most famous of them all. Some of my favorites have been...
    Todd Lewis from Toadies
    Peter Steele from Type O Negative (RIP) I'm very proud of the picture I got taken with him
    Max Cavalera from Soulfly
    E from EELS
    Everlast
    Mike Ness from Social D

The list could actually go on for quite a while, but most of them wouldn't be considered "famous" I guess haha.

I met Larry Flynt at an autograph signing at the Hustler store, that was pretty cool.

I've met a lot of wrestlers as well. The Ultimate Warrior, Mick Foley, RVD, Sabu, and a ton of the old school 80s wrestlers, Honkey Tonk Man, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Jake the Snake, and a bunch of others I don't even remember off the top of my head.
    Post edited by capthowdy1027 on
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
    My most memorable meets have been with some of my favorite 80s artists..Chrisie Hynde, Chuck D., Mick Jones (TheClash),Elvis Costello, William Reed from JAMC, and Kevin Haskins (Love & Rockets, Bauhaus).

When I was younger, these people were larger then life to me, hence the adulation.
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Oh geez
    I nearly forgot
    Larry Holmes and wife at the local supermarket
    My son cooks for his annual summer outing each year
    He's famous in our local area for absent-mindedly cutting you off in traffic if you and he happen to be traveling the highway as he's nearing the entrance ramp from Easton to Rt. 22
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    My most memorable meets have been with some of my favorite 80s artists..Chrisie Hynde, Chuck D., Mick Jones (TheClash),Elvis Costello, William Reed from JAMC, and Kevin Haskins (Love & Rockets, Bauhaus).

When I was younger, these people were larger then life to me, hence the adulation.

now
    that's a list
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    Eddie Vedder
    Ed Kowalcyk (Live)
    Darren Daulton
    Drinks with Ron Hextall and a few of the Flyers
    Ron Jaworski
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    Poncier wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Ted Williams (went to his baseball camp as a teen and he happened to visit for first time in 5 years, still have baseball he signed!)
    Did you witness him sign it for you...it

signed by John Henry Williams. :mrgreen:

Yeah I laugh about that because we campers were told not to ask , that we would all get an autograph at the end of his visit ( which turned out to be a cheap photo copy) plus there were all those stories about Ted Williams being a real dick! But this was way before his stroke and he was endlessly generous to all us kids. Don't know why or how but in a rare break from his handlers, I caught him cutting across the baseball diamond I was playing on so I grabbed a baseball and bolted over to him. When I asked for the autograph he pleasantly replied "sure kid!" and signed it right on the sweet spot.
    My 10 year old son now keeps it in a trophy stand like the one in the movie "the sandlot"

But meeting pearl jam and Robert plant ???
    Holy sh&t ponc!?!!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Vanilla Ice... and thats about it
  • I would have to say Jesus. You know I was seeing the light while in the operating room and this bearded dude told me everything was going to be alright. Does that count?

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Eddie Vedder
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,688
    Ed Kowalcyk (Live)
    Beats the hell out of meeting Ed Kowalczyk dead. :mrgreen:
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    J Mascis
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    fred the bus driver and floyd the gas station owner.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,688
    How is Floyd these days?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Poncier wrote:
    How is Floyd these days?
    fat and jolly as ever
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    i have met Rob Thomas too many times, he is a nice guy and all, but... :?

accidentally touching Mike McCready's ass in 2006, i guess that's famous :oops:
    wah
  • PapPap Posts: 28,789
    Max Cavalera from Soulfly
    and Sepultura.

I'm jealous. :P

I would have to say Jesus. You know I was seeing the light while in the operating room and this bearded dude told me everything was going to be alright. Does that count?

While on this, when I was 10-12 while I was home alone for the very first time in my life, I saw a bright light on my left. When I turned to see, it was Mother Mary in all Her glory. I remember that She was so tall and was giving me a big smile. When I stood up to go and touch Her, She disappeared.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
    i have met Rob Thomas too many times, he is a nice guy and all, but... :?

accidentally touching Mike McCready's ass in 2006, i guess that's famous :oops:

So you have had an encounter with two asses!

wait

wait

wait

:lol::lol::lol: