Who's the most famous person you have met?

Comments

• iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    I was an extra in the movie "The Lake House"...on set it was really hush-hush what the movie was about and who was in it; the title wasn't even the same. While I was waiting at the spot they told me to stand in, I saw a guy getting makeup put on him, and I guess I started staring at him because he looked really familiar. He caught me staring, smiled and said "hi". Then I realized it was Keanu Reeves. :shock:
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Willie Gault, Doug Flutie, Jackie Mason, Ernest Borgnine, Mark Grace, Bill Clinton, Al Gore...

But THE most famous?

DITKA!
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    Just a few....of minor importance
    Johnny Bench
    Kenyatta Walker of the Tampa Bay Bucs who played football at florida and at the same time one of his teammates from Florida who I can't remember

A few years back the new Madden NFL game was unveiled in the tiny community of Madden in my county (I work at the newspaper).....Jerry Rice, Marshall Faulk and Warren Moon were there
    http://www.planetxbox360.com/article_27 ... adden_Miss

Met Sean Lennon at a Huddle House in Oxford, MS after seeing him open for Lenny Kravitz

Had a telephone interview with Charlie Daniels

Met blues legend Little Milton

Had the opportunity to hang out with members of Lynyrd Skynyrd several years ago in the Peabody Hotel bar in Memphis but stayed away

I swear it seems like I'm forgetting a pretty big one....

Oh, some of you might recognize the name of baseball player Marcus Thames, we were semi-pals during college
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Kevin Hart. The guys from Collective Soul (in the mid-90s, this was pretty cool; my ex-husband went to high school with one of them). Dustin Hoffman--didn't meet him but I was sitting at a bar in a restaurant in New Orleans, and he was sitting by himself at a table reading the newspaper with a straw hat on. The bartender told me it was him, but that I shouldn't bother him because he didn't like it. Trent Reznor.
  • AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Posts: 1,510
    1. Eddie Vedder
    2. Mike McCready
    3. Larry Mullen Jr
    4. Bono
  • I've only ever met musicians and mostly mediocre hockey players and baseball players.

Musicians that I can recall:

Peter Buck
    Tom Morello
    Maynard James Keenan
    Jeff Tweedy (actually all of Wilco)
    The White Stripes
    Wayne Coyne
    Queensryche
    Sean Lennon

The only decent athletes:

Dwight Gooden
    Ron Francis
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    I've only ever met musicians and mostly mediocre hockey players and baseball players.

Peter Buck
    Tom Morello
    Maynard James Keenan
    The White Stripes
    Wayne Coyne
    Queensryche
    Sean Lennon

Dwight Gooden
    Ron Francis

Peter Buck!!!
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    edited July 2011
    Just a few....of minor importance
    Johnny Bench
    Kenyatta Walker of the Tampa Bay Bucs who played football at florida and at the same time one of his teammates from Florida who I can't remember

A few years back the new Madden NFL game was unveiled in the tiny community of Madden in my county (I work at the newspaper).....Jerry Rice, Marshall Faulk and Warren Moon were there
    http://www.planetxbox360.com/article_27 ... adden_Miss

Met Sean Lennon at a Huddle House in Oxford, MS after seeing him open for Lenny Kravitz

Had a telephone interview with Charlie Daniels

Met blues legend Little Milton

Had the opportunity to hang out with members of Lynyrd Skynyrd several years ago in the Peabody Hotel bar in Memphis but stayed away

I swear it seems like I'm forgetting a pretty big one....

Oh, some of you might recognize the name of baseball player Marcus Thames, we were semi-pals during college
    Oh i hung out with and had a beer with a drunken Archie Manning once

Also, I took the greatest girl in the world to see Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley. She is a big Carrie fan, so we sneaked around to the buses, waited in the freezing cold and caught her getting on the bus for pictures and a little chit chat. That was when she was just getting started....nowadays we would've been shot :lol:
    Post edited by Yellow Ledbelly on
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    Sports : Jimmy Connors

Music : Joe Perry
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    EmBleve wrote:
    he was sitting by himself at a table reading the newspaper with a straw hat on. The bartender told me it was him, but that I shouldn't bother him because he didn't like it.

imo, unless you are under the age of say 15, it's just rude to bother somebody having dinner. Ran into Urlacher at the local Morton's and didn't bother him. He was their with i a kid, a buddy/brother and a couple of cuties. i'd feel like a douche. if i ran into him coming or going, i'd say hi and kick the packers ass.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Flavor Flav..random run-in in LV. Same trip I saw Laird Hamilton and Gabrielle Reese.
    Wade Boggs
    Ron Guidry
    Thurman Muson a few months before he died
    Steve-O from Jackass

I met and talked with Paul O'Neil in the Boca Raton Mall for awhile just before he retired from baseball. He was very friendly.

I worked for Pete Rose's restaurant and met him several times..not the nicest fella. He had me confused with someone else the day I walked into his restaurant for an interview..he f-ing yelled at me actually, then he didnt even apologize when he realized I wasnt the person he thought I was.

After I quit his shitty restaurant (a few months later), my friend who drives an old camaroSS and drives like an asshole, almost ran over Pete Rose in a parking lot on accident. THAT was funny seeing his face as he froze in front of our speeding, nearly out of control car..
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    camaroSS

pics
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,952
    I rode a haywagon at a beerfestival sitting next to George Wendt (Norm from Cheers).
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    edited July 2011
    I rode a haywagon at a beerfestival sitting next to George Wendt (Norm from Cheers).

Does it get better than a hayride at a beer festival with Normie? :lol:
  • I've only ever met musicians and mostly mediocre hockey players and baseball players.

Peter Buck
    Tom Morello
    Maynard James Keenan
    The White Stripes
    Wayne Coyne
    Queensryche
    Sean Lennon

Dwight Gooden
    Ron Francis

Peter Buck!!!

He's on top for a reason!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

imo, unless you are under the age of say 15, it's just rude to bother somebody having dinner. .

What about lunch? Let's say at Wendy's?
    Well known Seattle baseball player was eating lunch at Wendy's with his manager (?), my friend and I were there, she wanted to say 'hi' and I told her not to. There was a total of 6 customers in there (including me and my friend).

Little kid about 9, wearing his jersey was there with his dad too, he politely went up to the guy, asked him for his autograph and the player said, 'Go away kid I'm busy'. You could almost hear the poor kid's heart break.

After the player left the kid said , "I HATE that guy!"
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

imo, unless you are under the age of say 15, it's just rude to bother somebody having dinner. .

Well known Seattle baseball player was eating lunch at Wendy's with his manager (?), my friend and I were there, she wanted to say 'hi' and I told her not to. There was a total of 6 customers in there (including me and my friend).

Little kid about 9, wearing his jersey was there with his dad too, he politely went up to the guy, asked him for his autograph and the player said, 'Go away kid I'm busy'. You could almost hear the poor kid's heart break.

IMO, that's a douche move by the player.

the kids parent might have been better served to tell the kid to wait until the player was ready to leave, but still, the ball player should still have signed for the kid.

if i was a ball player, i would have no problem signing for kids. however, if a 30 year old guy came up to me at wendy's, i have a feeling i would say "really?"
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

IMO, that's a douche move by the player.

the kids parent might have been better served to tell the kid to wait until the player was ready to leave, but still, the ball player should still have signed for the kid.

if i was a ball player, i would have no problem signing for kids. however, if a 30 year old guy came up to me at wendy's, i have a feeling i would say "really?"

Saw Rollie Fingers do this in Cooperstown during Hall of Fame Weekend a few years back. Nice stache asshole.
    81 wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:
    he was sitting by himself at a table reading the newspaper with a straw hat on. The bartender told me it was him, but that I shouldn't bother him because he didn't like it.

imo, unless you are under the age of say 15, it's just rude to bother somebody having dinner. Ran into Urlacher at the local Morton's and didn't bother him. He was their with i a kid, a buddy/brother and a couple of cuties. i'd feel like a douche. if i ran into him coming or going, i'd say hi and kick the packers ass.
    :lol: yes, this would be true if he had been eating. He was just reading the paper, no food on the table. It was early on a Sunday morning (I worked nights and walked to and from work and was on my way home when I stopped in this place). There was hardly anyone in there...but I didn't bother him. I got the feeling that the bartender meant he didn't want to be approached regardless.
    EmBleve wrote:
    81 wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:

:lol: yes, this would be true if he had been eating. He was just reading the paper, no food on the table. It was early on a Sunday morning (I worked nights and walked to and from work and was on my way home when I stopped in this place). There was hardly anyone in there...but I didn't bother him. I got the feeling that the bartender meant he didn't want to be approached regardless.

would you be ok if random people kept coming up to you and saying hi while you are having breakfast? that's my test on this sort of stuff. i would not want that, so i wouldn't do that. now if you are in a diner/bar, and you are sitting at the bar, then it's a little different since that's a little more of a social area. if i'm sitting at a bar, i'll might make conversation if you are sitting next to me. sitting at a table is a no no.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    I met Evander Holyfield at an Auburn game, took a quick pic and said hello.
    81 wrote:
    would you be ok if random people kept coming up to you and saying hi while you are having breakfast? that's my test on this sort of stuff. i would not want that, so i wouldn't do that. now if you are in a diner/bar, and you are sitting at the bar, then it's a little different since that's a little more of a social area. if i'm sitting at a bar, i'll might make conversation if you are sitting next to me. sitting at a table is a no no.
    He wasn't having breakfast, but I see your point. And if I were Dustin Hoffman I think I would sort of expect such incidents. Frankly I would be scared/embarrassed to just approach people like that anyway, but yes it would be easier had he been sitting beside me at the bar.
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    if "met"= hung out with, talked for more than one second...?

Steven Tyler

Pat DiNizio (lead singer of Smithereens)

The Tragically Hip (got to hang out with the entire band 2x)

Ted Williams (went to his baseball camp as a teen and he happened to visit for first time in 5 years, still have baseball he signed!)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Joe Dimaggio, Arnold Schwarznagger, Beyonce, came close to meeting Jordan, got Star Struck, froze like a deer in headlights.

You met Joe Dimaggio, Arnold Schwarznagger, and Beyonce, but froze like a deer in headlights when coming close to meeting a dumb essex girl with a paint-brush make-up job and a big stupid gob?

How? Why? What the holy F(^&((???

:lol: Micheal Jordan, i don't know who that girl is.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,688
    Newch91 wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    I've met a fair amount of musicians, tough to say who's the most famous...I guess it would be either Robert Plant, Bono or Bruce Springsteen...each was probably considered more famous than the others at different times over the past few decades.

Met Plant backstage after winning a radio station contest. Here's a photo of me with him...

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa10 ... 009002.jpg
    That's awesome! I can't believe you met three music legends.
    I've met more than that (including Eddie, Jeff and Mike)...just thought those 3 would be in the running for "most famous" to answer the thread.
    We did a thread like this several years ago on the old board and I posted the entire list at the time.

I have my picture with 3 musicians, Plant as above, Mike McCready and Nikki Sixx.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    locked wrote:
    Ted Williams (went to his baseball camp as a teen and he happened to visit for first time in 5 years, still have baseball he signed!)
    Did you witness him sign it for you...it might be the only one in existence not signed by John Henry Williams. :mrgreen:
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Boston Lou.

He was quite charming and agreed to having a photo taken with me.

I appear quite tipsy in said photo.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Boston Lou.

I thought your most famous encounter was the Dunkman's Village Travelling Kilt Team or whatever they were called.
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Poncier wrote:
    Boston Lou.

I thought your most famous encounter was the Dunkman's Village Travelling Kilt Team or whatever they were called.

Whoa! I stand corrected!

*scrolls through iPhone photos to relieve the moment*

Best.
    Preparty.
    EVER.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Dave Navarro sat next to me outside the Subterranea in London and asked me if I had any drugs. Unfortunately I didn't. This was in 1990. He ended up calling one of the girls I was sitting with up on stage and snogging her in front of everyone. I then saw him with this same girl on stage a year later at the Astoria.
    I still to this day I wish I'd had some drugs with me - mainly so that I could have have gotten on the guest list and gotten in for free.
    This was the gig at which Perry Farrel lost his voice and had to cancel their Reading appearance, and so decided to create Lollapalooza.
    Also, I was hanging about by the venue whislt a crowd of fans were congregated up the street and just noticed some fella walking towards me whilst I was leaning up against a barrier, and then as he walked past me we made eye contact and he gave me a big cheeky smile - I smiled back before realising that it was Perry Farrel.