Who's the most famous person you have met?

Comments

• mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Michael Stanley from the Michael Stanley Band...

I always see him at Borders Bookstore in Solon, Ohio - we were standing right next to each other looking at the books in front of us - I then realized who he was and said - Hi... he said Hi- right back... :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,952
    DS1119 wrote:
    I rode a haywagon at a beerfestival sitting next to George Wendt (Norm from Cheers).

Does it get better than a hayride at a beer festival with Normie? :lol:

It was actually a total fluke too. It was an Oktoberfest in Canada, and we knew Norm was going to be the guest of honour, but we weren't really sure when he was showing up. They had haywagon rides from the fairgrounds to the brewery that was hosting the event, so we decided to go for one, to pick up some beer to take home and do a tour. While we were at the brewery he showed up to meet the owners, and look around. He took some pictures with the group that was there. Then we got back on the haywagon to go back to the fairgrounds before he got there. He was going to ride there in a car, but all the people on the wagon were shouting for him to join us so he did. SInce I was the last person on the wagon when he got on he sat at the back right next to me.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    My hubby's friends with Tim McIlrath of Rise Against, he's a really cool guy. I remember seeing them play basement shows in Carbondale, IL and Knights of Columbus Halls before they started to get big - we always knew Tim was going to 'make it' one day!

Randomly got to meet the guys from Anberlin last weekend - my sis is a huge fan - they were pretty cool too. Of course I really only like them because they're one of Aaron Rodgers' favorite bands :mrgreen:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    DS1119 wrote:
    maj4e wrote:
    What constitutes met? Handshake, close proximity or convo?

I'm going to go with at least a handshake and short conversation.

Going strictly by the above definition (and "brief words to long conversation", instead of "short conversation"):
    Ed Ved
    Diana Ross
    PJ Harvey
    Stephen Tyler
    Elton John
    Howard Stern
    Billy Corgan
    D'arcy
    James Iha
    Dean Butterworth (Ben Harper's drummer from 90's)
    Gwen Steffani
    Jennifer Lopez
    Ben Harper
    Bruce Hornsby
    Madonna
    Metallica
    a bunch of wrestlers
    Bob Weir
    Kevin Bacon
    RHCP

There's more, but this is off the top of my head. All of which all were incidental, except for Ed.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    i talked to Stone once, and when i worked in Godiva i sold chocolate to Jimmy Smits, he looked at me with this smile that either said "you're cute" (which i get a lot) or "yes... that's right... i AM Jimmy Smits.. your eyes are not deceiving you.." but i didn't really recognize him until after the fact. if i didn't brain fart every time i meet a celebrity i probably would have asked for an autograph since my dad's a huge Star Wars fan.
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Lawrence Ferlinghetti smiled at me whilst I was queuing up at City Lights with a big pile of books. It was oje of those contagious smiles that pulled me out of my self-absorbtion. I didn't know it was him until about an hout later when I saw his photo on the back of one of the books I'd bought. This was in 1992.

Though I realise this doesn't quite fit the criteria.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    this is the weakest group of famous people ever put together :? :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Steven Tyler
    Joe Perry
    Courtney Love
    I'll be back
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

Have you ever met anyone famous?
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    oh, I almost forgot..I got to hang with the guys from Nada Surf when they came through FLorida a couple of years ago. Had some beers with them in Jacksonville, and they put me on their guest list for the Orlando and Miami shows! They're semi-famous I guess..or "Popular"? :)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    DS1119 wrote:

nyc kid....... the list is endless
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    DS1119 wrote:

I guess we are just not that cool then.
    DS1119 wrote:

You've had conversations with an endless list of celebrities? ...that's a lot of talking.
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I guess we are just not that cool then.

never said that...just said people were naming some weak names

I'm not trying to be argumentitve and you don't have to participate if you don't want, but who are some of the famous people you have met? I mean for me, being able to say I had breakfast with Wayne Gretzky and Glen Sather is a huge deal.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    DS1119 wrote:

Same for me...L.A. fella whose clients are mostly in music/TV...endless list.

Them small-town folk just don't get it, Neily!
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Same for me...L.A. fella whose clients are mostly in music/TV...endless list.

nope...someone said norm from cheers :lol::lol:
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,688
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

nope...someone said norm from cheers :lol::lol:
    At least they didn't say Nick Tortelli or the lady who played Cliff Clavin's mother.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I guess us small town folk will just go back to counting our teeth and dreaming of the big city.
    DS1119 wrote:

I'm not trying to be argumentitve and you don't have to participate if you don't want, but who are some of the famous people you have met? I mean for me, being able to say I had breakfast with Wayne Gretzky and Glen Sather is a huge deal.

honestly i wouldn't know where to begin ..

i guess the most relevant on this board is pearl jam (not at once)
    a good friend was head bouncer at life (major nyc club back in the late 90"s )
    the people i partied with in there were crazy ..including jeff and stoney g
    just about every nyc athlete in that time frame alll the yankees and rangers and so on

my office has 9/11 charity day for the past 9years where famous peple come in for the day.. the list is really endless
    i got stuck in the elevator with chris walken and donald trump :lol:
    in nyc you walk past someone every 20 min ( just like LA)

Sounds like interesting people to chat with in an elevator. What did Walken and you chat about?
    CJMST3K wrote:

Sounds like interesting people to chat with in an elevator. What did Walken and you chat about?

cmon now... the stopwatch (pulp fiction)

trump was a dick
    CJMST3K wrote:

cmon now... the stopwatch (pulp fiction)

trump was a dick

...thought you might have gotten the True Romance dialog outta him.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    DS1119 wrote:

just about every nyc athlete in that time frame alll the yankees and rangers and so on

my office has 9/11 charity day for the past 9years where famous peple come in for the day.. the list is really endless

then why not mention the most famous since you ripped who was mentioned. let's see do you have anyone more famous than Bruce Springsteen, Robert, Plant, Wayne Gretzky, Will Smith? anyone in music more famous than Springsteen? come on dude. any athletes more famous than Gretzky? please enlighten us on who is more famous that those 2 that you have met.
    pjhawks wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

then why not mention the most famous since you ripped who was mentioned. let's see do you have anyone more famous than Bruce Springsteen, Robert, Plant, Wayne Gretzky, Will Smith? anyone in music more famous than Springsteen? come on dude. any athletes more famous than Gretzky? please enlighten us on who is more famous that those 2 that you have met.

met gretzky and will smith

and i never ripped these people.. i was joking about the norm meeting and someone posted an author i never heard of ..thats funny

springsteen i would turn and walk away from( not to fond of him)

plant would be cool

you philly cats need to chill
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I didn't realize we had such highfalutin socialites posting on this board! It's a wonder they have time to post with us common folk.

Anyway, gots to goes and feed dem chickens and milk da cows. Aint no celebrites wear i'm from ...
    edited July 2011
    This went from a fun little post to basically a dick measuring contest. Too bad.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431

and i never ripped these people.. i was joking about the norm meeting and someone posted an author i never heard of ..thats funny

plant would be cool

haha well yes us philly cats can be argumentative and defensive as you know. i took your post to be ripping everyone listed, not just a selected view. my bad i guess.
    DS1119 wrote:
    This went from a fun little post to basically a dick measuring contest. Too bad.

im outta here.. enjoy the stories
    pjhawks wrote:

plant would be cool

haha well yes us philly cats can be argumentative and defensive as you know. i took your post to be ripping everyone listed, not just a selected view. my bad i guess.

nah..im fucking around...breaking balls as always

norm was funny though