Who's the most famous person you have met?

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I would have to say Wayne Gretzky.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I'd go with Pete Rose.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Rollie fingers, Carlton Fisk, Stuart Scott and Jim McMahon
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    No one . i have meet no one famous . that is fucked up . thanks for reminding me . :lol:
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Eddie Vedder last month in Hartford. If I ever meet Derek Jeter, then he would be the most famous person I'll meet.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Newch91 wrote:
    Eddie Vedder last month in Hartford. If I ever meet Derek Jeter, then he would be the most famous person I'll meet.
    Nice!!! So you stalked out Eddie? How'd you do it?
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    I'm not sure who the "most famous" person I've ever met would be but my favorite "famous" person I've ever spent time with is Bobby Bowden because the dude is super nice and unintentionally funny.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Iverson (was with fat joe), barkley, victorino, wade boggs (who was hammered), bob clarke

shockingly all were at bars :D
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Joe Dimaggio, Arnold Schwarznagger, Beyonce, came close to meeting Jordan, got Star Struck, froze like a deer in headlights.
  • dccrash23dccrash23 Posts: 160
    Rodney Mullen! Got his autograph as well
    Calgary 08/08/09
    Calgary 21/09/11
    Edmonton 23/09/11
  • maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    What constitutes met? Handshake, close proximity or convo?
  • CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    i got to shake obamas hand at a rally in 08.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    maj4e wrote:
    What constitutes met? Handshake, close proximity or convo?

I'm going to go with at least a handshake and short conversation.
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    Mike (pic taken) and Stone....oh and Jeff said "hi girls" to us. :lol:

If you follow hockey or well HNIC I met Ron MacLean and Don Cherry.

I had to wait to open my car door while Julia Ormond got in her mini-van at the airport once. :yawn:
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,123
    edited July 2011

:

GRAPES! I would love to have a beer with Don Cherry.

My wife has worked in the entertainment industry so I have tons of personalized items from stars. She is friends with a slew of them, many of whom I have briefly met. I personally don't care about 'meeting' them, except for the random few who are so down to earth and "normal."

Probably the coolest two I have met (and are polar opposites but we both really cool to talk to for a while) have been Seal (no, his wife wasnt with him -- damn!) and Mark Cuban. Both met in casual setting where they acted just like anyone else would - had a smoke years ago with Seal and talked football (he is a huge 49ers fan and was going to be on the sidelines the following day with Steve Young) and more recently chatted with Mark Cuban who was just a very nice guy. Public image is totally wrong on him.

<<Yes, Seal (like Ed Ved) smokes. How do these guys do this and still sound like they do? Crazy.>>
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • KM43590KM43590 Posts: 298
    I met Mike Schmidt once. Also all the members of Reel Big Fish, Jill Sobule (the original "I Kissed a Girl" singer), and the members of the band Train... Wait are any of these people actually famous? :lol: Oh, and Will Oldham walked by me once! AND... Kelly Ripa is from my hometown, but I never met her.
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    Played a game of pickup with Bobby Smith, Neil Broten, and Jimmy Johnson once.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    busconi wrote:

:

GRAPES! I would love to have a beer with Don Cherry.

My wife has worked in the entertainment industry so I have tons of personalized items from stars. She is friends with a slew of them, many of whom I have briefly met. I personally don't care about 'meeting' them, except for the random few who are so down to earth and "normal."

Probably the coolest two I have met (and are polar opposites but we both really cool to talk to for a while) have been Seal (no, his wife wasnt with him -- damn!) and Mark Cuban. Both met in casual setting where they acted just like anyone else would - had a smoke years ago with Seal and talked football (he is a huge 49ers fan and was going to be on the sidelines the following day with Steve Young) and more recently chatted with Mark Cuban who was just a very nice guy. Public image is totally wrong on him.

<<Yes, Seal (like Ed Ved) smokes. How do these guys do this and still sound like they do? Crazy.>>

It was at Pearson and they both signed my boarding pass...back when you still got boarding passes from your airline :lol:

Mike was super cool and so gracious when we met him. Stone was cool too but Mike was just so down to earth. He even took his pic with us a second time when the first one didn't turn out. :oops:
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    KM43590 wrote:
    I met Mike Schmidt once. Also all the members of Reel Big Fish, Jill Sobule (the original "I Kissed a Girl" singer), and the members of the band Train... Wait are any of these people actually famous? :lol: Oh, and Will Oldham walked by me once! AND... Kelly Ripa is from my hometown, but I never met her.

Your Wil Oldham comment made me remember I once literraly bumped into Matthew Broderick walking through Times Square. We both said excuse me to each other and then like an idiot I turned around as he was walking away and yelled to him "another day off Ferris"? He turned and shot the "I've never heard that one before" look! :lol:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Cortez Kennedy, Rick Mirer, Det Schrempf, Gary Peyton, Nate McMillan, Dave Niehaus, Kurt Warner, Ricky Prohl, Azhir Hakim, Julie Andrews, various members of some hair bands, a one hit wonder band from the 90s, and (if you wanna count) I spent over 3 hours on the phone with George Steinbrenner's personal secretary...I could hear him in the backgroud...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • ValleyGalValleyGal Posts: 122
    Does throwing change at Taylor Hawkins from the Foo Fighters count? It was at the gas station I worked at in University :lol:
  • PapPap Posts: 28,788
    Liam Finn five days ago (two pictures with him taken) :D
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Newch91 wrote:
    Nice!!! So you stalked out Eddie? How'd you do it?
    Just waited with a bunch of people who were also waiting for him. Just shook his hand and said, like a dork, thanks for all the music he's given us.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,808
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Mikee JMikee J Posts: 1,323
    Mike Mcready, Tiergarten, Berlin.

I recon if you judge "famous" by how many people know of a person then it would have to be him...

:D
    "My body's nobody's body but mine"
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Off the top of my head: Keith Urban, Billy Joel, Rod Stewart, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Michael Franti, David Garrard, Mark Grace, Chris Mortenson, Jim Nance, Joe Montana, Jack Del Rio, Urban Meyer, Amy Lee (of Evanescance), the members of Alberta Cross, Band of Horses' guitar player. That's most of em.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • VINNY GOOMBAVINNY GOOMBA Posts: 1,816
    John McCain and Snooki
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Eddie Vedder (x2), Billy Corgan, various previous Flyers players
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    John Glenn and Hank Aaron
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,444
    Back in 79 or 80??

When the POPE came and toured the States....

After performing mass before 1,000,000 people at Grant Park....
    As the Big Guys Pope-Mobile was driving away.....

He literally was 5 feet in front of me....
    He waved at me...
    I waved at him....

And off he went.....

To let everyone know.....

HE MET SPEEDY MCCREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • KM43590KM43590 Posts: 298
    DS1119 wrote:
    KM43590 wrote:

Your Wil Oldham comment made me remember I once literraly bumped into Matthew Broderick walking through Times Square. We both said excuse me to each other and then like an idiot I turned around as he was walking away and yelled to him "another day off Ferris"? He turned and shot the "I've never heard that one before" look! :lol:

HAHA! That's great... it reminds me of being at a Pearl Jam show in Atlantic City, '05. I was front row/stage left and Bob Saget was next to me, I put out my hand for a handshake, and he snubbed me, so I yelled (over the music) THANKS DANNY TANNER!!! HA! :lol: