Options

***Official Green Bay Packers Thread***

Comments

• Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380

Booooo hoooooo :lol: :corn:

You know, sometimes I wonder if you're a closet Bears fan. And if a day comes where I find out that you are, I'm coming up to Eau Claire and your visit with me won't be as nice as the one you had with the other Chicago peeps!!! :twisted:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Mamasan23 wrote:

You know, sometimes I wonder if you're a closet Bears fan. And if a day comes where I find out that you are, I'm coming up to Eau Claire and your visit with me won't be as nice as the one you had with the other Chicago peeps!!! :twisted:

81 is a pretty nice guy. He's a Bears fan, right? Maybe you're just a little cranky. :lol:
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    Wow. Intense game. If a few tiny little things would have worked out the Pack could have ran away with this one, if the 2nd challenge would have been overturned like it defiantly should have been and/or if Rodgers wouldn't have been poked in the eye. But either way a wins a win.

Some really good things to take from this game though. After 4 weeks of evidence I think we can say that Randall Cobb and James Jones are developing into great weapons. Benson is an absolute beast, couldn't be more excited for him to be a Packer. The Defense is improved greatly from last year, 27 points allowed against Drew Brees when his defense is last in the NFL will probably get you a win 75% of the time no matter what team you are.

And lastly I still hate Finley.

Zack! Where the hell ya been man? I totally agree with everything you said here - still can't believe McCarthy did that first challenge - even Jordy knew he didn't have that ball. :fp: The refs were atrocious again, ANOTHER missed OPI call...and to the Packers of all teams. I'm just so happy they won at this point. Can't believe the Saints are back to being the aints thus far. Jones has really taken a huge step for the offense...we probably won't even need Jennings next year (it does hurt to say that). And yes...Finley still sucks.

Should be a huge win this weekend...here's hoping!

Haha I've been around, just not posting much. With Nelson Cobb and Jones I'd have to agree with you, they will be fine without Jennings, it's sad though he has such a great personality and I'm sure that he's been an awesome leader to those guys but it's time for him to move on. It's not even that Finley sucks, I think he's pretty great and McCarthy and Rodgers say he has the best work ethic of anyone on the team, but the dude needs a major attitude adjustment, he celebrates more when he gets a first down than most people do when they get a touchdown! Not cool.

James Jones may be my new favorite Packer on Offense (Raji being my favorite defender, duh). The one and only imperfection he has ever had was dropping passes, has he dropped even one yet this year? Not that I remember, whereas Nelson and Finley have dropped multiple balls in multiple games. And Cobb is just so damn versatile, he can catch the ball, run the ball, return the ball, or even just stand in the backfield to distract the D and by Rodgers more time. I really like them both and can't wait to see what the future has in store for them.
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

81 is a pretty nice guy. He's a Bears fan, right? Maybe you're just a little cranky. :lol:

You haven't seen 81's cranky side :fp:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    Haha I've been around, just not posting much. With Nelson Cobb and Jones I'd have to agree with you, they will be fine without Jennings, it's sad though he has such a great personality and I'm sure that he's been an awesome leader to those guys but it's time for him to move on. It's not even that Finley sucks, I think he's pretty great and McCarthy and Rodgers say he has the best work ethic of anyone on the team, but the dude needs a major attitude adjustment, he celebrates more when he gets a first down than most people do when they get a touchdown! Not cool.

James Jones may be my new favorite Packer on Offense (Raji being my favorite defender, duh). The one and only imperfection he has ever had was dropping passes, has he dropped even one yet this year? Not that I remember, whereas Nelson and Finley have dropped multiple balls in multiple games. And Cobb is just so damn versatile, he can catch the ball, run the ball, return the ball, or even just stand in the backfield to distract the D and by Rodgers more time. I really like them both and can't wait to see what the future has in store for them.

You know, now that you mention it, I don't think I can remember any Jones drops this year thus far! Even Driver's had a drop or two. And you are right about Finley...he is very talented but his hot-dogging just detracts from that and pisses me off. Cobb is our very own Devon Hester! I love that guy. I'm also very happy with the draft pick of Nick Perry - he's had some pretty great plays. I think between him and Matthews the D should be getting more solid. It's been getting better every game. There's still work to do but they have the talent to go all the way again imo.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    thanks Will....i'm glad we were able to hook up....just wish you would have licked the grill. would have been priceless.

and mamasan is right, i can be cranky...but mostly that only happens when i'm sleep deprived and hung over.

and it's Devin Hester :fp:

and since it hasn't been said in some time.....

Fuck the Packers. :P

:wave:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    thanks Will....i'm glad we were able to hook up....just wish you would have licked the grill. would have been priceless.

and mamasan is right, i can be cranky...but mostly that only happens when i'm sleep deprived and hung over.

You go away now!
  • Options
    81 wrote:

81, comrade, how are you?

Fuck the Bears.

Though, not all Bears fans are bad. Shannon needs to relax!

Sincerely,

Will
  • Options
    He bought me lunch and brought me beer...

...and I'm a Packers fan. When was the last time you did that for a Bears fan, Shannon?
  • Options

...and I'm a Packers fan. When was the last time you did that for a Bears fan, Shannon?

Interesting you should ask Will. I was buying my friends shots of Jameson all night on Saturday - all of them minus one are Bears fans. What you got now grasshopper?!
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    thanks Will....i'm glad we were able to hook up....just wish you would have licked my grill.

:o :shock: :?

This sounds dirty.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    thanks Will....i'm glad we were able to hook up....just wish you would have licked my grill.

This sounds dirty.

it's not dirty like that...but yes, it would have been dirty.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

This sounds dirty.

:lol::lol::lol: WOW!!! 81's busted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

This sounds dirty.

:lol::lol::lol: WOW!!! 81's busted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Interesting you should ask Will. I was buying my friends shots of Jameson all night on Saturday - all of them minus one are Bears fans. What you got now grasshopper?!

pics or it didn't happen
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

This sounds dirty.

it's not dirty like that...but yes, it would have been dirty.

20 bucks... I was fine with the bugs... the mud... not so much.
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    GO PACK GO!!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,265
    Ha!

Colts!!!

:D
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Ha!

Colts!!!

:nono:
    You're on my shitlist pal!

I really have no words for this game. I'll be surprised if they make the playoffs this year. Excuse me while I drown my sorrows in beer.
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Ha!

Colts!!!

I really have no words for this game. I'll be surprised if they make the playoffs this year. Excuse me while I drown my sorrows in beer.
    :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn:
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,265
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Ha!

Colts!!!

Nah!
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Ha!

Colts!!!

You worry too much I always say. ;)

Very bad loss today but not worried.
  • Options

I always admire your optimism Patrick! Wish I could feel the same way. Packers have the talent, they're just not clicking like they should be!
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Ha!

Colts!!!

Look at it this way, with a win next week (which won't be easy against the undefeated Texans, but possible) we would be right on pace with the 2010 Packers who were 3-3 after week 6 and trailing the eventual NFC North champs Chicago. One of those 3 losses was to the Bears (who we've already beaten this season :D ) and the other two were terrible overtime losses to TERRIBLE teams who finished the season with losing records (the 7-9 Dolphins and 6-10 "McNabb Era" Redskins) not to mention another loss that should have been a win to the 6-10 Lions later in the season. We still snuck in on the Wild Card and beat 4 division champs (Philly in the NFC East, Atlanta in the NFC South, Chicago in our NFC North, and finally the AFC North and AFC champion Steelers) to win the Super Bowl.

Am I saying we're going to win it this year? Probably not, unless these guys start playing a whole lot better. But I didn't think they would in 2010 either. It's too early to be throwing up your arms in despair is all. The only problem is Minnesota being between us and Chicago. But I don't think they're going to hold up, especially playing us and Chicago 2 games each later this year.

Edit: Don't forget, this is a 3-2 team that got screwed in one of the most shameful moments in NFL history into being 2-3. So we aren't as bad as the record looks, anybody who knows anything about football knows this team is actually 3-2.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217
    Yeah this sucks but there's no doubt that it's not over yet. I 100% agree that they just aren't clicking, something just isn't right and I think it will be worked out, maybe not in time to make the playoffs but it will click. The offense was so established the past few years and now there is a new O coordinator which I would imagine causes some complications. And there is a lot of young talent on the Defense which could go from being a bad thing to a good thing in a very short amount of time, hopefully soon.

And can someone tell me what happened at the end? I didn't have the game on TV so I was watching it on ESPN gamecast and from what I saw Rodgers spiked the ball with 9 seconds left and they had 1 timeout, so why the hell did they not run another play?!?! Especially at the rate he was moving the ball. The only thing I could think of is that maybe the play clock was running out? Either that or someone made a bad call because that 51 yarder easily could have been much shorter had another play been run.

And lastly among all of this sadness and speculation again Randall Cobb and James Jones had huge games.
  • Options
    Packers suck

leaving now
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Packers suck

leaving now

Kiss my ass
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Packers suck

leaving now

Kiss my ass

So sweet but I pass.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

Kiss my ass

So sweet but I pass.[/quote]

:fp:
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    RiotZact wrote:
    Yeah this sucks but there's no doubt that it's not over yet. I 100% agree that they just aren't clicking, something just isn't right and I think it will be worked out, maybe not in time to make the playoffs but it will click. The offense was so established the past few years and now there is a new O coordinator which I would imagine causes some complications. And there is a lot of young talent on the Defense which could go from being a bad thing to a good thing in a very short amount of time, hopefully soon.

And can someone tell me what happened at the end? I didn't have the game on TV so I was watching it on ESPN gamecast and from what I saw Rodgers spiked the ball with 9 seconds left and they had 1 timeout, so why the hell did they not run another play?!?! Especially at the rate he was moving the ball. The only thing I could think of is that maybe the play clock was running out? Either that or someone made a bad call because that 51 yarder easily could have been much shorter had another play been run.

And lastly among all of this sadness and speculation again Randall Cobb and James Jones had huge games.

Cause they took their sweet ass time after he clocked it, and they play clock ran down so they were forced to burn their last TO. Pretty unacceptable!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14