FUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKK :fp: :fp: :fp:
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    the Bears are in 1st place.

fixed

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bears opponent record: 3-6

Packers opponent record: 6-3

Besides, I fully expect this game to be turned over. The backlash over this is massive. I think next week we might have the real refs back too. This was the straw that broke the camel's back I think. The media is straight up disgusted.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: *
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

fixed

Bears opponent record: 3-6

Packers opponent record: 6-3

Besides, I fully expect this game to be turned over. The backlash over this is massive. I think next week we might have the real refs back too. This was the straw that broke the camel's back I think. The media is straight up disgusted.

NFL will never over turn a game....

but yeah, it could break the back....but remember, the old refs made some boneheaded calls as well in regards to TD's. go watch calvin johnson's non td vs. teh bears of a couple of years back

that said,...reg refs would be better..these clowns blow :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Besides, I fully expect this game to be turned over.

This will never happen. Why would the league do this? They are at odds with the real refs. You think they are going to give them any more ammunition at the bargaining table?
  • Options
    81 wrote:

NFL will never over turn a game....

but yeah, it could break the back....but remember, the old refs made some boneheaded calls as well in regards to TD's. go watch calvin johnson's non td vs. teh bears of a couple of years back

that said,...reg refs would be better..these clowns blow :lol:

I don't know if they never will, because I've never seen anything like that. I thought last night's ending was bad, this surpassed that.

I realize the real refs aren't perfect. But they at least know the rule book, usually. This play came down to not only making a bad call, but also not understanding NFL rules. I bet you wouldn't see as much of that with the actual NFL refs.
  • Options
    81 wrote:

fixed

very good you can read. ;)
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Besides, I fully expect this game to be turned over.

This will never happen. Why would the league do this? They are at odds with the real refs. You think they are going to give them any more ammunition at the bargaining table?

For the integrity of the game. The real refs have plenty of ammunition as it is, especially after tonight, I don't think that's a concern of the league as much as the integrity of the NFL.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

I don't know if they never will, because I've never seen anything like that. I thought last night's ending was bad, this surpassed that.

I realize the real refs aren't perfect. But they at least know the rule book, usually. This play came down to not only making a bad call, but also not understanding NFL rules. I bet you wouldn't see as much of that with the actual NFL refs.

real refs would have correctly called that an INT

odds of an overturn are about 0.000000000000000001%
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

fixed

very good you can read. ;)

reading is no issue...it's spelling where i struggle...sort of like refs and catchs. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    odds of an overturn are about 0.000000000000000000%

fixed
  • Options
    81 wrote:

real refs would have correctly called that an INT

odds of an overturn are about 0.000000000000000001%

If they knew Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3 (apparently everybody at ESPN does) then they would have overturned it easy. That's what's so bad, not the initial call (anybody can fuck up after all) but the fact that they reviewed it and STILL made the call.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

fixed

pretty much a fact.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    "By compete does he mean cheat?" --- damn, that dude is certainly opinionated. Who is that guy?
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

fixed

pretty much a fact.....

Can you imagine if a game were ever reversed by the league by a blown referee call? The can of worms? Pandora's Box? :fp: :lol:
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    edited September 2012
    DS1119 wrote:

Can you imagine if a game were ever reversed by the league by a blown referee call? The can of worms? Pandora's Box? :fp: :lol:

By a regular ref and I would agree, but the best thing the league can do now is get the actual refs back and clean up whatever mess the others made.

The replacement refs aren't really their product (their replacements, not the real ones), so the league isn't really to blame (they are to blame for hiring them though), unless they refuse to fix their mistakes and end up owning them. It would be better to own up to the mistake of using these refs than to let the mistakes the refs made become part of the record books.
    Post edited by SatansFuton on
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

By a regular ref and I would agree, but the best thing the league can do now is get the actual refs back and clean up whatever mess the others made.

The replacement refs aren't really their product (their replacements, not the real ones), so the league isn't really to blame, unless they refuse to make their mistakes and end up owning them. It would be better to own up to the mistake of using these refs than to let the mistakes become part of the record books.

So let's say in the Packer fan perfect world the league steps in and says "the replacement refs blew that call and the league is awarding the game to the Packers". What happens with all of the other games with bad calls, game changing calls, in the other games?

Just not going to happen. The league didn't erase the book when they had replacement players and it's not going to happen with replacement refs.
  • Options
    I truly feel bad for the Packers and their fans...
    Its a shame that the outcome of this game was decided by a blown call, made by a referee, who has no business being on that field...
    It is truly sad that the NFL and the owners have let this happen..

I truly feel bad for the Packers and their fans....

NOT!!!!!!!!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

The replacement refs aren't really their product (their replacements, not the real ones), so the league isn't really to blame, unless they refuse to make their mistakes and end up owning them. It would be better to own up to the mistake of using these refs than to let the mistakes become part of the record books.

So let's say in the Packer fan perfect world the league steps in and says "the replacement refs blew that call and the league is awarding the game to the Packers". What happens with all of the other games with bad calls, game changing calls, in the other games?

Just not going to happen. The league didn't erase the book when they had replacement players and it's not going to happen with replacement refs.

First of all, I'm not even saying this as a Packer fan. I was speechless last night over the Baltimore/Patriots game, and that was over something 1/100th as bad as this one. Turn it to ESPN, people are foaming at the mouth mad. I've never seen Steve Young so pissed off, or Dilfer. This isn't like anything I've EVER seen. It's bad for the game, and I think it's extenuating circumstances. It's not just a blown call (you can't remove the human element) but a case of the refs not knowing the rulebook.

Gotta love Stu Scott, he called Jennings last play the "game-winning interception". Stu is saying the same thing. This is a different type of blown call. I think the circumstances are extenuating enough that it would warrant turning it over. It doesn't mean you have to go back and turn over other games from the distant past, what would be the point anyway? Maybe turn over last night's game, and this one, that's it. You can turn over those games and make the record right so the season isn't fucked up. The NHL are very good about making/changing rules on the fly, the NFL should go about it the same way. They don't have to do it again, unless the league feels it is warranted.
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Complete disgrace. These replacement refs have to go NOW! First off that was clearly offensive pass interference as Golden Shower Tate shoved Shields in the back, then Jennings clearly caught the ball, had possession before Tate. The roughing the passer call on the interception was garbage. Roughing the passer is the worst call in all of sports. They d-lineman (whos job it is to sack the QB) was chasing the QB and dove at him simultaneously as he was throwing. What the hell is he supposed to do? He's mid air. He can't stop. QB's are just gonna take hits, it's part of the game, quit coddling them.

USC boosters ran the NCAA for awhile and now they are apparently running the NFL. Pete Carroll's shadiness continues.

I'll be at Lambeau Sunday for what should be a intense atmosphere if we have these joke of referees there. I'll be booing the shit out of them if they are there. Fix this shit now Goddell, this is a disgrace.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    First of all, I'm not even saying this as a Packer fan. I was speechless last night over the Baltimore/Patriots game, and that was over something 1/100th as bad as this one. Turn it to ESPN, people are foaming at the mouth mad. I've never seen Steve Young so pissed off, or Dilfer. This isn't like anything I've EVER seen. It's bad for the game, and I think it's extenuating circumstances. It's not just a blown call (you can't remove the human element) but a case of the refs not knowing the rulebook.

Gotta love Stu Scott, he called Jennings last play the "game-winning interception". Stu is saying the same thing. This is a different type of blown call. I think the circumstances are extenuating enough that it would warrant turning it over. It doesn't mean you have to go back and turn over other games from the distant past, what would be the point anyway? Maybe turn over last night's game, and this one, that's it. You can turn over those games and make the record right so the season isn't fucked up. The NHL are very good about making/changing rules on the fly, the NFL should go about it the same way. They don't have to do it again, unless the league feels it is warranted.

All I will say is have you ever seen a professional sports game ever reversed from the NFL, MLB, NHL, or NBA? Not happening and they play under protest quite often actually...especially in baseball. If this were ever reversed...and it won't...every team that has video evidence of a blown call in any of their previous three games will be knocking on the league's office door within minutes.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

All I will say is have you ever seen a professional sports game ever reversed from the NFL, MLB, NHL, or NBA? Not happening and they play under protest quite often actually...especially in baseball. If this were ever reversed...and it won't...every team that has video evidence of a blown call in any of their previous three games will be knocking on the league's office door within minutes.

This isn't just a blown call. It is the officials not going by the rule book. The blown call was bad, but then to uphold it even though the rulebook said something else entirely is the real issue, and the reason this is a different circumstance. As I said, you can't take out the human element and some games in the future might be won/lost on the bad eyesight of some old man or something. This is a ref doing one thing when the rulebook said to do another.
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    DS1119 wrote:

This isn't just a blown call. It is the officials not going by the rule book. The blown call was bad, but then to uphold it even though the rulebook said something else entirely is the real issue, and the reason this is a different circumstance. As I said, you can't take out the human element and some games in the future might be won/lost on the bad eyesight of some old man or something. This is a ref doing one thing when the rulebook said to do another.

After watching a video replay nonetheless too. Fucking disgraceful.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options

Rules are interpreted. The ruling on the field was a TD and the replacement refs and the replay officials (who are not replacements by the way per Adam Schefter) didn't overturn the call. Shitty call, but it will never be overturned. If this ever happens, then even when the real refs come back, wouldn't the NFL do the same thing if video evidence ever shows a bad or blown call to keep the league's integrity in tact? There weren't any rules broken here. It was just really bad and inexpereinced interpretaion. It's done.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

Rules are interpreted. The ruling on the field was a TD and the replacement refs and the replay officials (who are not replacements by the way per Adam Schefter) didn't overturn the call. Shitty call, but it will never be overturned. If this ever happens, then even when the real refs come back, wouldn't the NFL do the same thing if video evidence ever shows a bad or blown call to keep the league's integrity in tact? There weren't any rules broken here. It was just really bad and inexpereinced interpretaion. It's done.

There's not really a lot to interpret about the rule. The rule clearly states that the first player to get possession in that circumstance gets the ball. Even if they argue that Tate got possession (the only part of this play up for interpretation) with his one hand and arm, he still clearly got to the ball second and therefore wouldn't be awarded the touchdown.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, and I did hear that about the booth people not being replacements. That makes it even worse to me. What's wrong with those people? I smell Vegas.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    I'm still speechless and so angry that I can't even properly articulate what happened tonight. So many thoughts jumbled right now...I have to sleep on this one before I can discuss it. The NFL should be ashamed.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I'm still speechless and so angry that I can't even properly articulate what happened tonight. So many thoughts jumbled right now...I have to sleep on this one before I can discuss it. The NFL should be ashamed.

Nah, relax. We won the game by the rulebook, and even Seattle knows it, fuck the W/L column, we can make it up.
  • Options
    There's not really a lot to interpret about the rule. The rule clearly states that the first player to get possession in that circumstance gets the ball. Even if they argue that Tate got possession (the only part of this play up for interpretation) with his one hand and arm, he still clearly got to the ball second and therefore wouldn't be awarded the touchdown.

I don't know the exact language here so please excuse me and I don't feel like rewinding the TV and finding it. :lol: But they were talking about if the on field decision determines it's joint possession it's ruled the passers ball. (Again I don't have the exact verbage). Keep in mind one ref said interception/touchback and one ruled a TD. It was a bad call all the way around. I can not dispute that. I'm just saying it will never be reversed.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

I don't know the exact language here so please excuse me and I don't feel like rewinding the TV and finding it. :lol: But they were talking about if the on field decision determines it's joint possession it's ruled the passers ball. (Again I don't have the exact verbage). Keep in mind one ref said interception/touchback and one ruled a TD. It was a bad call all the way around. I can not dispute that. I'm just saying it will never be reversed.

Well that's the first part, here's the whole rule:

If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, it is the passers ball.

It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control.

I guess that second part could be up for some interpretation, but you would have to be blind not to see that Tate got to the ball second, even if you were blind enough to thing he had anything like control of it with one hand.