Options

***Official Green Bay Packers Thread***

Comments

• Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Guaranteed Gooddell comes out tomorrow and backs the call. I may have to swear off the rest of the season if that happens. That was very clearly NOT a simultaneous catch and the fact that they upheld it upon review makes me want to barf.

I have never witnessed a game this terrible in my life.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DS1119 wrote:
    There's not really a lot to interpret about the rule. The rule clearly states that the first player to get possession in that circumstance gets the ball. Even if they argue that Tate got possession (the only part of this play up for interpretation) with his one hand and arm, he still clearly got to the ball second and therefore wouldn't be awarded the touchdown.

I don't know the exact language here so please excuse me and I don't feel like rewinding the TV and finding it. :lol: But they were talking about if the on field decision determines it's joint possession it's ruled the passers ball. (Again I don't have the exact verbage). Keep in mind one ref said interception/touchback and one ruled a TD. It was a bad call all the way around. I can not dispute that. I'm just saying it will never be reversed.

Well that's the first part, here's the whole rule:

If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, it is the passers ball.

It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control.

I guess that second part could be up for some interpretation, but you would have to be blind not to see that Tate got to the ball second, even if you were blind enough to thing he had anything like control of it with one hand.

Gains control is both feet down. Just not enough to overturn the call on the field.
  • Options
    stipe19stipe19 Posts: 237
    I hate the Packers for 2 reasons. Brett Favre and beating my Steelers in the Super Bowl. But lets be real here. That was a FUCKED up call. And the morons review the play and STILL GET IT WRONG. What a joke.

Did the NFL just leapfrog wresting and the NBA in officiating.

And to all the people laughing at the Packers and their fans. Be Warned. Your team is next to lose a game because of a bullshit call.

And to all the baseball fans. Armando Galarrago is saying yo Green Bay I feel your pain.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    stipe19 wrote:
    Did the NFL just leapfrog wresting and the NBA in officiating.

Not yet. :lol:
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    that was just wrong...
    go Pack but stay away from my Falcons ;):mrgreen:
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,202
    I went to bed before the game was over but just caught the highlights :shock:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I think the PI call before the end was worse.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    That was just terrible...to lose a game that way...but you got to respect the class of the organization for sending 11 guys out for a meaningless extra point. The NFL should look to adopt the college rule that if you intercept or block a conversion attempt and return it you get 2 points. A little late for this game, but would make extra points in situations like this less meaningless.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    it was so good listening to am540 espn milwaukee coming in to work this morning. hearing packers fans moaning after a loss is a great way to start the day.
  • Options
    davidtrios wrote:
    it was so good listening to am540 espn milwaukee coming in to work this morning. hearing packers fans moaning after a loss is a great way to start the day.
    lol
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    packers gaurd lang tweeted: Fuck it NFL...fine me and use the money to pay regular refs

:corn:

http://news.yahoo.com/packers-tweet-goe ... 46433.html
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    lukin2006 wrote:
    That was just terrible...to lose a game that way...but you got to respect the class of the organization for sending 11 guys out for a meaningless extra point. The NFL should look to adopt the college rule that if you intercept or block a conversion attempt and return it you get 2 points. A little late for this game, but would make extra points in situations like this less meaningless.

Classy indeed, but no way in hell would I have gone back out there. I would have told the NFL, Goddell and the refs to go fuck themselves. A complete disgrace. Golden Tate has his coming, little punk ass bitch.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    Go Saints!!!!

Anyways...

Billion dollar owners...
    Million dollar Athletes....

Yet it is us silly fans, who get all worked up...
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    lukin2006 wrote:

They know the rule and as somebody on ESPN hypothesized it probably took a phone call from a higher up in the organization to get them back out there as long as it took them. Their postgame comments were anything but classy. Rodgers was a pouty douche and some of the tweets were just embarrassing.

If Rodgers wasn't sacked 10x and they had played well the whole I might give them the benefit of the doubt. Seahawks shouldn't have been in this game past halftime.
  • Options
    pureoc wrote:
    Golden Tate has his coming, little punk ass bitch.

???
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    DewieCox wrote:
    If Rodgers wasn't sacked 10x and they had played well the whole I might give them the benefit of the doubt. Seahawks shouldn't have been in this game past halftime.

:fp: Seahawks D kept them in the game with teh sacks. you can't take that away from them. well, you can take the rodgers just falling down sack away...but seattle has an excellent defense. top 5 in the league? i think so....one of the best i've seen all year
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    DewieCox wrote:
    pureoc wrote:
    Golden Tate has his coming, little punk ass bitch.

???

our friend pureoc has a lot of hate towards non wisconsinites. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

:fp: Seahawks D kept them in the game with teh sacks. you can't take that away from them. well, you can take the rodgers just falling down sack away...but seattle has an excellent defense. top 5 in the league? i think so....one of the best i've seen all year

True, but I think overall the Packers overmatched them. The Seahawks are a playoff contender, the Packers are a Superbowl contender.

It didn't seem like Rodgers was getting out the pocket the way he usually does, to either avoid the sack and make a play or throw it away without grounding.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    True, but I think overall the Packers overmatched them. The Seahawks are a playoff contender, the Packers are a Superbowl contender.

It didn't seem like Rodgers was getting out the pocket the way he usually does, to either avoid the sack and make a play or throw it away without grounding.

maybe he has an ankle issue and isn't moving as well as he normally would....and that's why he flopped to the ground. :?: don't know, just speculating.

seattle also did a nice job of not giving him running lanes......and their secondary is solid as well
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Those Superbowl bound Green Bay Packers, did not score a touchdown until the 4th quarter.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Those Superbowl bound Green Bay Packers, did not score a touchdown until the 4th quarter.

sign me breast!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    The offensive line, of the Superbowl bound Green Bay Packers, gave up 8 sacks.
  • Options
    The Inaccurate Reception

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,724
    Why did your team consult Andy Reid for first half play calling?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Oh oh...
    I see Mamasan23 is awake....
  • Options
    Oh oh...

hide the breakables
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Oh oh...

hide the breakables
    Hide the Scotch!
  • Options
    The Inaccurate Reception

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

winner :lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Why did your team consult Andy Reid for first half play calling?

:lol:
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Okay. Okay. Okay.

Sigh.

I will consent that the Packers in the first half did not look all that great. The o-line was awful and Rodgers needs to get some new damn cleats. That being said, they clearly made adjustments at the half and I have to say that I'm impressed with the improvements the defense has made thus far this season.

Pertaining to that horseshit call at the end. I think it was Gruden that said "that was the most blatant missed call of OPI that I have ever seen" and he was right. THEN. THEN. The 'touchdown'. Jennings very clearly had possession of that ball before Tate did - one of his arms was visibly not even on the ball. And for 2 DIFFERENT calls to be made by the refs and for them to go to review and uphold the touchdown??!!! You've gotta be kidding me. If this doesn't end the strike then I don't know if I can watch the rest of the season. Maybe it's time for the players to strike. Won't happen but they should. The NFL won't reverse anything from this game, but there should be a damn asterisk next to it.

I am happy with the way that McCarthy and Rodgers handled the conferences after. McCarthy took the blame as the coach and that was incredibly classy of him. Rodgers was more visibly upset but he held back and was short and sweet - probably because he was afraid of going off about it. I also loved Jennings saying "the refs did a great job" :lol:

As a Packers fan I'm upset beyond belief and as a football fan I am plain disgusted. I don't want to take anything away from the Seahawks because they played a tough game. But I know that if the situation were reversed, I wouldn't be content with that win.

I'd be interested to hear comments about this call from the real refs, who I'm sure aren't at liberty to say anything, but then again they're probably happy about it because this should force the NFL to come to terms with them.

And I have to say that most of my friends - who are Bears fans - are smart enough to realize that the Packers should have won that game. But for those few that are laughing, just remember that the Packers still kicked your ass last week. :wave:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2