just lose Just Breathe

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,130
    butte1 wrote:

This needs to be posted again:
    I've never heard it live and would like to hear it. If you don't want to hear songs multiple times, stop going to multiple shows. It really is that simple.

Bing, bang, boom.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I agree it's needs to be rotated in and out more.

Not a huge fan, but it suprised me how good it was live. The crowd practically exploded at the "did I say that I love you" part.
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    I've never heard it live and would like to hear it. If you don't want to hear songs multiple times, stop going to multiple shows. It really is that simple.

I hate these threads so much. Because they're pretty fucking selfish. That song you just can't stand because your spoiled ass has been to six shows this tour is the one another person is just dying to hear at the one show they can afford to go to.

In conclusion: We should all just shut the hell up and enjoy whatever songs the band feels compelled to play.

:clap::clap::clap:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,973

I hate these threads so much. Because they're pretty fucking selfish. That song you just can't stand because your spoiled ass has been to six shows this tour is the one another person is just dying to hear at the one show they can afford to go to.

In conclusion: We should all just shut the hell up and enjoy whatever songs the band feels compelled to play.
    :shock: :shock:

at the risk of digging a deeper hole, let me respond...

yes, I saw PJ five times in 2009-10. not sure I'm a "spoiled ass." fortunate, for sure. anyway, night in and night out...just breathe. it's not a song I "can't stand," but it is a song that I could never hear again and be OK with. I'm going to one canadian show this time around and just hope they change it up from last tour.

I love this band. I'm going to love the vancouver show, no matter what. I just think the same thing over and over is somewhat at odds with the mystery of a pre-2009 PJ show.

it's all good, jeff ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    imalive wrote:

yes, I saw PJ five times in 2009-10. not sure I'm a "spoiled ass." fortunate, for sure. anyway, night in and night out...just breathe. it's not a song I "can't stand," but it is a song that I could never hear again and be OK with. I'm going to one canadian show this time around and just hope they change it up from last tour.

I love this band. I'm going to love the vancouver show, no matter what. I just think the same thing over and over is somewhat at odds with the mystery of a pre-2009 PJ show.

it's all good, jeff ;)

In full disclosure, I've been to as many as five shows on one tour, too. It's not the number that matters, really.

I've just never had the balls to go to five shows and complain about hearing a song multiple times. I go in with the understanding that I'm going to hear repeats over the course of that many shows. You hear what to hear. I've just never understood fans acting all put out because you might deign to have to sit through a three-minute song you've heard before.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    thefixer9 wrote:

:clap::clap::clap:

I agree. I have been lucky to see PJ 3 times and Ed solo once. I have enjoyed each setlist immensely. I have been so lucky to get such great setlists. Including Just Breathe on Ed's solo tour. I have no idea how people are able to go to 6-10 shows a tour, but I am jealous that you can do that cause it's expensive factoring in plane, car, gas lodging (unless you have a free place to crash). that helps a bit. Anyway, I'll enjoy whatever the guys play, and cannot wait for the next show(s). Just my 02. :mrgreen: no trashing anyone or picking a fight, just saying, realize how fortunate and lucky people are to attend multiple shows. I would do it if I could. Haven't been able to, hence , the reason PJ is out for me. :) :oops:
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • butte1butte1 Posts: 379
    imalive wrote:

it's all good, jeff ;)

But it's not the same thing over and over. Yes maybe they played Just Breathe a bunch of times and maybe it was at the beginning of teh first encore, but OVERALL every single show was different and again PJ, even with in this small subsect of that stretch of touring, mixes up their setlists more than any other band I know. It's not like you saw the same concert every time you just happened to hear one or two songs in the same spots surrounded by a whole bunch of different songs, especially in the Main Sets. I don't think I could complain about that at all.
    R and R Station - Mar 26, 1992 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Aug 29, 1992 ** Summerfest Milw - Jul 08, 1995 ** Summerfest Milw - Jul 09, 1995 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998 ** ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre (E.V. at Tibetan Freedom Concert) - Jun 13, 1999 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Oct 08, 2000 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 21, 2003 ** United Center - May 16, 2006 ** Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006 ** Riverside Theatre Milw (Eddie Solo Tour) - 2008 ** United Center - Aug 23, 2009 ** The Chicago Theatre (Eddie Solo Tour) - Jun 29, 2011 ** Orpheum Theatre MN (Eddie Solo Tour) - July 2, 2011 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
  • RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    I don't care that they play it, I'm just not a fan of it live at a PJ show. An Ed show yes, PJ no. Of course if they do play it, that's fine. There are just many other songs I'd rather hear.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • butte1butte1 Posts: 379
    I don't care that they play it, I'm just not a fan of it live at a PJ show. An Ed show yes, PJ no. Of course if they do play it, that's fine. There are just many other songs I'd rather hear.

I'd actually really like to know what they are RM22, post it here:

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=162789

give me your setlist(s), what else do you have better to do ;)
    R and R Station - Mar 26, 1992 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Aug 29, 1992 ** Summerfest Milw - Jul 08, 1995 ** Summerfest Milw - Jul 09, 1995 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998 ** ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre (E.V. at Tibetan Freedom Concert) - Jun 13, 1999 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Oct 08, 2000 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 21, 2003 ** United Center - May 16, 2006 ** Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006 ** Riverside Theatre Milw (Eddie Solo Tour) - 2008 ** United Center - Aug 23, 2009 ** The Chicago Theatre (Eddie Solo Tour) - Jun 29, 2011 ** Orpheum Theatre MN (Eddie Solo Tour) - July 2, 2011 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    butte1 wrote:

I'd actually really like to know what they are RM22, post it here:

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=162789

give me your setlist(s), what else do you have better to do ;)

Just slow songs alone - I'd rather here All or None, Indifference, Speed of Sound and Low Light over Just Breathe
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • imalive wrote:

it's all good, jeff ;)

My wife has always wanted to go to Vancouver and am pushing like crazy to make a long weekend match up with the PJ show there. She has the nerve to be somewhat offended that my obsession with my favorite band would finally motivate me to spend the dough on the trip to Vancouver. (I'm going to make it happen! She got over us finally going to Hawaii last year so that I could see my USC Trojans open the season there against Hawaii. She needs to learn to 'ride the wave where it takes me!')
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    norm wrote:
    the song the soccer moms behind me at the ev solo show in santa barbara wanted to hear was jb

I think this sums it up pretty well. :lol:

If they play it they play it, but I wouldn't be stoked about hearing it. It's definitely not a song I'll be putting a CD on to hear, or one that I'm hoping to hear at a concert. Truthfully, I often forget about this song.

Just my two cents.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    busconi wrote:
    My wife has always wanted to go to Vancouver and am pushing like crazy to make a long weekend match up with the PJ show there. She has the nerve to be somewhat offended that my obsession with my favorite band would finally motivate me to spend the dough on the trip to Vancouver. (I'm going to make it happen! She got over us finally going to Hawaii last year so that I could see my USC Trojans open the season there against Hawaii. She needs to learn to 'ride the wave where it takes me!')

Sounds like a possible "PJ or me" ultimatum is coming your way. ;)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    just replace it with some even flow. :arrow:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    busconi wrote:

Sounds like a possible "PJ or me" ultimatum is coming your way. ;)

:lol:
    Nah, she still loved the trip to Hawaii even though I dragged her to the football game....and she likes PJ quite a bit, she just doesnt quite get "it." I wanted to name our first child Edward Joe Vedder Montana Busconi.
    Hey, I like what I like!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    I get the whole "slows a show down" vibe, and I personally like it ... but lets ask this:

What songs do you think Ed (and perhaps the band) is more personally involved in at this point of his life? Meaning which songs are coming more from his heart (not exactly fair) or reflect what's on his mind these days?

Cause I'll let you lose Just Breathe and The End if we can do away with Severed Hand or Comatose!

I laugh at those two now, that's totally not them anymore in my opinion, if it ever really was... yeah, Stone's over there looking at the dragons, uh huh ... not buying it! Sure they sell SH, fun song at a show, but I'm getting sick of it.
    [sic] happens
    acutejam wrote:

Cause I'll let you lose Just Breathe and The End if we can do away with Severed Hand or Comatose!
    No way!! :x :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Hey! I love severed hand AND just breathe! :twisted:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • thefixer9 wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Although I kinda agree but not really, you could say the same for Alive, Betterman...ect.

Not really. To me those songs to drain the life out of an encore.

Yeah but that's an opinion. I like them there. Now sure, he should change them up and do other ones but basically what I'm saying is he shouldn't reture Just Breathe for good!

Betteman drains the life out of an encore? Are you crazy? That songs gets people PUMPED. Hardcores and Casuals alike. It is probably the best live song of their big hits, especially when it gets tagged with SIFL.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
    Betteman drains the life out of an encore? Are you crazy? That songs gets people PUMPED. Hardcores and Casuals alike. It is probably the best live song of their big hits, especially when it gets tagged with SIFL.

Hardcores are too busy wetting themselves to Sweet Lew to care about hearing Betterman.
  • Betteman drains the life out of an encore? Are you crazy? That songs gets people PUMPED. Hardcores and Casuals alike. It is probably the best live song of their big hits, especially when it gets tagged with SIFL.

Hardcores are too busy wetting themselves to Sweet Lew to care about hearing Betterman.

:lol: Man, Sweet Lew sucks. I would much rather hear Betterman with a fucking epic amazing singalong and sweet save it for later tag. You look around the arena during the fast part at the end and SIFL and there usually isnt a person in there rocking out or dancing. I have probably heard that song live 25 times and still love it.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • electronblueelectronblue Posts: 3,460
    justam wrote:
    Hey! I love severed hand AND just breathe! :twisted:

me too!! :twisted: :twisted:
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

:lol: Man, Sweet Lew sucks. I would much rather hear Betterman with a fucking epic amazing singalong and sweet save it for later tag. You look around the arena during the fast part at the end and SIFL and there usually isnt a person in there rocking out or dancing. I have probably heard that song live 25 times and still love it.

Agree 100 percent.

While it can be fun to hear some of the really rare songs, they are usually really rare for a reason. Give me a solid version of a good song over a sloppy version of a rare song any day.
    Sweet Lew was awful to see live and I had to see it twice in one calendar year.
    Member 164xxx

More to Come....

This might be a contrary opinion among my fellow PJ elitists, but I also don't care if I never hear a half-assed version of Dirty Frank, either.
    should I change the title to "just lose Sweet Lew"? :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Let me set up my post.

LOVE JUST BREATHE

I AM A SPOILED PEARL JAM FAN WHO SEE THEM MORE THAN HE SHOULD.

TOTALLY THINK PEARL JAM SHOULD PLAY WHAT THEY WANT TO PLAY, NO EXCEPTION.

With that said, from a spoiled, open minded Pearl Jam fan who feels that Just Breathe is awesome, I would also like for them to take a rest playing it.

Not that I don't want them to play it, but I hope I don't hear it at my next 5 shows......

Why?

Cause as a spoiled fan I've seen it 7 of the last 8 shows I've attended. Did I mention I'm spoiled? ;)

I love Pearl Jam music. I love everything about the shows I've attended. I LOVE THE RANDOM NATURE OF THE SHOWS. I do not prefer when I can predict that randomness.

When I can predict the next song that is coming, that makes the show slightly less enjoyable. Yes that is somewhat ridiculous.

But I need to be honest about it.

Pearl Jam fans go to multiple shows when they can. Most every city with multiple shows will have fans going to as many as they can.

In a perfect world they don't repeat songs back to back nights. I have no expectations that they will attempt this other than the special events.... The Spectrum, presumably PJ20.... but I don't think it is a bad idea.

In a world where we have one of the top bands in the world who mixes it up every night.... I would prefer even more randomness.

Not asking for it, not saying they should do that, just saying that would be my preference.

So In 25 or so shows I've seen Just Breathe 7 times.

Still waiting to hear:

Glorified G
    Bugs :)
    Smile
    Mankind
    No Way
    Pilate
    Push Me Pull Me
    God's Dice
    Evacuation
    Light Years
    Of The Girl
    Rival
    Slight of Hand
    Parting Ways
    Ghost
    Get Right
    Help Help
    All or None
    Supersonic
    Speed of Sound
    Wash
    Breath
    Leatherman

Did I mentioned I'm spoiled and not telling, or even asking them to change. Just pointing out what my preference would be. :wave:
  • Guys, play what you like. It's your music and not everyone in the crowd is a 10000 post 10C member who wants to see the unholy trinity of whale song/sweet lew/writers block played on kazoos and lyres.

And make these people wait three to six years between shows like the rest of us do and they'll be happy with whatever they get!
    we're all going to the same place...
  • boyo79boyo79 Posts: 6,525
    Guys, play what you like. It's your music and not everyone in the crowd is a 10000 post 10C member who wants to see the unholy trinity of whale song/sweet lew/writers block played on kazoos and lyres.

And make these people wait three to six years between shows like the rest of us do and they'll be happy with whatever they get!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I must admit I'm bored of hearing Betterman on the boots now. Does nothing for me anymore. Obviously its different at the actual gig and you're singing the first part for Ed. But I'm sick of hearing it on boots. Does that make sense? Probably not!!! I like the Save It For Later tag part though, thats ace!!

I wouldn't drop Just Breathe, just mix it up abit in the set. Its pretty much expected to start or be in the 1st encore. Its too predictable.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/

I've waited 3 years in between shows twice now and there are still other songs I would rather hear over just breathe.
    Member 164xxx

More to Come....