just lose Just Breathe

Comments

• curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,987
    Now, hold on a minute.

I'm a soccer mom. The song I want to hear, every time, is Leash -- followed by Rearviewmirror, of course.

Watch it with those stereotypes, please.

;)
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Although I kinda agree but not really, you could say the same for Alive, Betterman...ect.

Wow just kill the show altogether why dont ya... You need these greats to make it memorable.

Just breathe... havent seen live so I am go... but I love Elderly woman so what do I know...

:D
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Now, hold on a minute.

I'm a soccer mom. The song I want to hear, every time, is Leash -- followed by Rearviewmirror, of course.

;)

:lol:

well i could've said "women out on a saturday night without their husbands & kids" but i was too lazy :P
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Anyone remember back in the mid-90s when they played the same songs at every show.

Or in 2000 when they played half of their songs at every show.

I do.

8-)
  • paysonitespaysonites Posts: 1,150
    Well, I am very saddened by this thread. :cry: My favorite song is Just Breathe :| and I have been crying and deeply hurt by all of the negative comments left about this song. I have the song taped to where it plays over and over again in my truck, house stereo, work stereo and even as a ring tone. :shock:. I have banners all over my house that say Just breathe. It helps me relax at the end of the day. I am even trying to teach our neighbors 1 1/2 year old to say just breathe. 8-) . To be quite honest with you people I have been hoping that on Eddie's next album he would release what I think would be a huge hit. "Just Breathe 2" :P :P You know like Mettalica did with the unforgiven 2. I am going to need some time to get over this. By the way if anybody is taking me serious right now then you are as gullible as they come. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: On a serious note. Enjoy the song as it may be shuffled on back at any future venues. :D
    John and Shawna
  • Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    imalive wrote:
    with all due respect, could we please omit the just breathe interlude on the upcoming tour? I've heard it at the last 6 shows I've been to (including Ed) and enough is enough. spontaneity has always been a PJ hallmark and there was nothing spontaneous about just breathe, night in and night out.

and don't even get me started on jazz odyssey :roll:

Very well put, very respectful.

Doubtful it goes anywhere, my thoughts.

EV gives the group a 2 song (extra break) during a show.

He comes out... Does Just Breath and The End.

He is the only person out and only player.

I appreciate your request and feel the same.
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    edited July 2011
    I've never heard it live and would like to hear it. If you don't want to hear songs multiple times, stop going to multiple shows. It really is that simple.

I hate these threads so much. Because they're pretty fucking selfish. That song you just can't stand because your spoiled ass has been to six shows this tour is the one another person is just dying to hear at the one show they can afford to go to.

In conclusion: We should all just shut the hell up and enjoy whatever songs the band feels compelled to play.
    Post edited by slightofjeff on
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • paysonitespaysonites Posts: 1,150
    :shock:
    John and Shawna
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    How about the entire first encore from last year... The End, lukin with strings, and just breathe. They'll change it up as always. I remember in 09 it seemed like it was always gone and red mosquito. Ben harper ruined one of my favorite songs.... I SAY NO MORE BACKSPACER!!! PERIOD....
  • How about the entire first encore from last year... The End, lukin with strings, and just breathe. They'll change it up as always. I remember in 09 it seemed like it was always gone and red mosquito. Ben harper ruined one of my favorite songs.... I SAY NO MORE BACKSPACER!!! PERIOD....

Sorry Jammer but I couldnt dis-agree more. I love Backspacer, love Lukin with Strings and The End.
    And please dont tell me Ben Harper ruined Indifference! [actually you can say anything you like about these songs, we all can have our favorites] I bought the boot tour sets for 2009 and 2010 and one of the things I look to in each show, Worldwide, was the different take on some of my favorites. I absolutely loved the way Ed and Ben killed it on Indifference over and over. ((Or maybe you were talking about Red Mosquito?))

Either way, I would watch them play the same thing every night if my lazy ass would go to see every show I could. To me, Pearl Jam isnt about being 'cool' and trying to exclude those who arent in the cool club and only wanting to see them sing a song they have never sung live before. For me, going to a PJ show is in large part about feeling the music and the way the crowd is digging the music -- up to and including screaming our lungs out to great music. Check out this you tube at about 2:19 -- this is beautiful.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwamCGQU7_s
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    Now, hold on a minute.

;)

You're apparently a rockin' soccer mom :D Wait! in fact, I know for a fact that you are a rockin' soccer mom!
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
    How about the entire first encore from last year... The End, lukin with strings, and just breathe. They'll change it up as always. I remember in 09 it seemed like it was always gone and red mosquito. Ben harper ruined one of my favorite songs.... I SAY NO MORE BACKSPACER!!! PERIOD....

Ben Harper will kick your ass twice and you will ask for more.

#standingman #duranadam
  • MissBeeGirlMissBeeGirl Posts: 233
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Don't get rid of it. Chicks dig it. Also since it comes in at the end of the first encore, it seems it gives the rest of the band more of a break, better to rock out the rest of the show. Finally, its better than The End and definitely Soon Forget (not a big fan).

Not THIS chick she don't :twisted:

And not THIS chick
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,987
    norm wrote:
    Now, hold on a minute.

;)

:lol:

well i could've said "women out on a saturday night without their husbands & kids" but i was too lazy :P

Norm... dude....

Ah, I know exactly the kind of woman you mean. I don't know too many of them, myself, though. (whew!) But here, amidst the sausage fest that is the message board, I feel the need to defend myself against all the comments about "chick songs" and annoying wives/ girlfriends. My husband comes to the shows at my behest, and I'm pretty sure I could outlast most if not all of you when it comes to going crazy at shows. :D

As for "Just Breathe," I really think of it as an Ed song rather than as a PJ song, which to me means it is better suited to Ed shows. But my (enormous) now twelve-year-old son absolutely loves "Just Breathe," was thrilled to hear it all four nights in Philly, and perks up when he hears it either at PJ or Ed shows. So much for the "chick song" theory; he's a budding musician, and he listens to music very intently, so I tend to trust his taste/ judgement.

I think an earlier poster's comment that the quiet songs give the rest of the band an extended break at the first encore makes a lot of sense. It will be interesting to see if the setlists change for the Canada tour (I would expect Just Breathe, The End, etc. to open the first encore in the S.American shows).
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • I like it... Don't mind it at all. It's actually a very sentimental n meaningful song to me.
    The Waiting Drove Me Mad Your Finally Here And Im A Mess....
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I think it's a beautiful song.
    I love hearing it so I don't agree with the original poster on this issue.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    busconi wrote:

Sorry Jammer but I couldnt dis-agree more. I love Backspacer, love Lukin with Strings and The End.
    And please dont tell me Ben Harper ruined Indifference! [actually you can say anything you like about these songs, we all can have our favorites] I bought the boot tour sets for 2009 and 2010 and one of the things I look to in each show, Worldwide, was the different take on some of my favorites. I absolutely loved the way Ed and Ben killed it on Indifference over and over. ((Or maybe you were talking about Red Mosquito?))

Either way, I would watch them play the same thing every night if my lazy ass would go to see every show I could. To me, Pearl Jam isnt about being 'cool' and trying to exclude those who arent in the cool club and only wanting to see them sing a song they have never sung live before. For me, going to a PJ show is in large part about feeling the music and the way the crowd is digging the music -- up to and including screaming our lungs out to great music. Check out this you tube at about 2:19 -- this is beautiful.

Btw, I'm talking about RM. To each their own! Backspacer sucks. I think I saw too many shows over those 2 years...
    SOLAT319 wrote:

Ben Harper will kick your ass twice and you will ask for more.

No selin (sp?). Seen BH open 10+ times. He's def a cool dude, but his music.... Blah!
    Btw, my shit talking does me noooo good when it comes to winning the lottery at shows. 0-22. Damn Mods. Can't blame them though... :lol:
  • RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    :roll:
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • PJ212PJ212 Posts: 822
    Are you one of the guys who runs out to use the bathroom during Even Flow?
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 2021: SHN, Ohana 2 & 3, 2022: LA 1 & 2, PHX, OAK 1 & 2, Fresno, MSG, BNA, B&B, STL, OKC, DEN, 2023: MSP 1 & 2, CHI 1 & 2, DFW 2, AUS 1 & 2, 2024: Vancouver 1 & 2, LV 1 & 2, SEA 1 & 2
    PJ212 wrote:
    Are you one of the guys who runs out to use the bathroom during Even Flow?

Fuck no. I'm not gonna miss Mike shred for a pee pee.... For a beer, yup....

No selin (sp?). Seen BH open 10+ times. He's def a cool dude, but his music.... Blah!

LOL! I knew this was someone I know! :D That's why I was a bit devilish with my dark humor. As far as seeing Ben goes, yeah, my number is up there as well and I stand by my original claim :D

#standingman #duranadam
  • bry321f11bry321f11 Posts: 326
    Personally I think Ed and company can play whatever they want. Either way I am still gonna go and enjoy the show. It will be better then 95% of the other shit music out there. In my opinion...
  • busconi wrote:

Btw, I'm talking about RM. To each their own! Backspacer sucks. I think I saw too many shows over those 2 years...

The RM is different but I like it when they bring Ben onstage. For sure to each their own
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • butte1butte1 Posts: 379
    I've never heard it live and would like to hear it. If you don't want to hear songs multiple times, stop going to multiple shows. It really is that simple.

I hate these threads so much. Because they're pretty fucking selfish. That song you just can't stand because your spoiled ass has been to six shows this tour is the one another person is just dying to hear at the one show they can afford to go to.

In conclusion: We should all just shut the hell up and enjoy whatever songs the band feels compelled to play.

Couldn't have said it better! :!: :D
    R and R Station - Mar 26, 1992 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Aug 29, 1992 ** Summerfest Milw - Jul 08, 1995 ** Summerfest Milw - Jul 09, 1995 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998 ** ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre (E.V. at Tibetan Freedom Concert) - Jun 13, 1999 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Oct 08, 2000 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 21, 2003 ** United Center - May 16, 2006 ** Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006 ** Riverside Theatre Milw (Eddie Solo Tour) - 2008 ** United Center - Aug 23, 2009 ** The Chicago Theatre (Eddie Solo Tour) - Jun 29, 2011 ** Orpheum Theatre MN (Eddie Solo Tour) - July 2, 2011 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    PKTrekGirl wrote:
    Still waiting for a show in or around Atlanta where they actually play it. A lot of albums out since 2003. :P

You poor people up north. Pearl Jam really makes you suffer, don't they? Coming back over and over and over...and playing all these damn SONGS. It must be just TERRIBLE for you to have to suffer through Just Breathe yet AGAIN. :lol:
    +1
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    It could be worse, they could switch it up and cover this: Just Breathe

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,973
    like I said, I think a better approach (if the band needs a break) would be for ed to do parting ways, driftin', soon forget, etc. instead of just breathe. just change it up a little. the anticipation would be great if we knew ed was going to do some acoustic....but didn't know what.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • butte1butte1 Posts: 379
    imalive wrote:
    like I said, I think a better approach (if the band needs a break) would be for ed to do parting ways, driftin', soon forget, etc. instead of just breathe. just change it up a little. the anticipation would be great if we knew ed was going to do some acoustic....but didn't know what.

This needs to be posted again:
    R and R Station - Mar 26, 1992 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Aug 29, 1992 ** Summerfest Milw - Jul 08, 1995 ** Summerfest Milw - Jul 09, 1995 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998 ** ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre (E.V. at Tibetan Freedom Concert) - Jun 13, 1999 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Oct 08, 2000 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 21, 2003 ** United Center - May 16, 2006 ** Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006 ** Riverside Theatre Milw (Eddie Solo Tour) - 2008 ** United Center - Aug 23, 2009 ** The Chicago Theatre (Eddie Solo Tour) - Jun 29, 2011 ** Orpheum Theatre MN (Eddie Solo Tour) - July 2, 2011 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011 ** Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011