Any spare good thoughts...

Comments

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    I've spent the whole day going between staying strong and then just falling apart and weeping :( I fucking hate this.
    I call this the Patsy Cline stage: "I Fall to Pieces." ;)

It's been said before but cry all you need to. It may come over you in waves of sadness. It feels horrible but there's no point in fighting it. It will pass. Keep on doing what you can to take care of yourself, getting rest, eating regularly, talking to people that care, and that will help you maintain your strength.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    Joe yeah, sadly I've had too much experience with doctors that are totally clueless. I guess I had hoped since she was in such critical condition I wouldn't have to battle as hard. Never ends I guess.
    I've spent the whole day going between staying strong and then just falling apart and weeping :( I fucking hate this.
    I call this the Patsy Cline stage: "I Fall to Pieces." ;)

It's been said before but cry all you need to. It may come over you in waves of sadness. It feels horrible but there's no point in fighting it. It will pass. Keep on doing what you can to take care of yourself, getting rest, eating regularly, talking to people that care, and that will help you maintain your strength.

Yeah I just let it happen as it goes, worse to fight it. I'm at work this morning just doing odd and ends stuff. It actually feels nice I guess because it's "normal"? I'm craving anything routine at this point, whatever feels like life before all this went down. I'm very lucky my boss is understanding, having time off to just take care of myself too has been key.

Thanks for the support everyone, it helps.
  • Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    Heartfelt thoughts
    + quiet prayers
    to you + your mother
    during a difficult time.
    Have faith + take care.
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
    Dru_Cortez wrote:
    Heartfelt thoughts
    + quiet prayers
    to you + your mother
    during a difficult time.
    Have faith + take care.
    Cheers.
    Thank you!

And can I just say how fucking annoying it is to have family on the other side of the country doing armchair quarterbacking telling you how to handle doctors and social workers? Like dude, this is NOT my first time at this rodeo, sadly. And if you're really *so* worried and want to help....buy a fucking plane ticket. Otherwise, shut. the. fuck. up.

</end rant> :cry:
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    And can I just say how fucking annoying it is to have family on the other side of the country doing armchair quarterbacking telling you how to handle doctors and social workers? Like dude, this is NOT my first time at this rodeo, sadly. And if you're really *so* worried and want to help....buy a fucking plane ticket. Otherwise, shut. the. fuck. up.

+1 for you
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!

+1 for you
    Thanks. Yeah I wrote and let him have it basically....not biting my tongue, that's energy better spent elsewhere!
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    chiqui....thinking of you, your mom, your family...and hoping life is treating you all with kindness and love....
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

chiqui....thinking of you, your mom, your family...and hoping life is treating you all with kindness and love....
    Thanks dear, we can feel the good thoughts coming our way and they help :) Mom is doing a little better, she's managed to breathe with some assistance from the ventilator for the past 3 days so that's a great sign, and she's completely off the sedation. Hoping things keep going in a positive direction!
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Thanks dear, we can feel the good thoughts coming our way and they help :) Mom is doing a little better, she's managed to breathe with some assistance from the ventilator for the past 3 days so that's a great sign, and she's completely off the sedation. Hoping things keep going in a positive direction!

That's great news chiqui. Still sending good thoughts and healing vibes :)
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop

That's great news chiqui. Still sending good thoughts and healing vibes :)
    Thank you dear! She's having a rough morning so far, they may need to adjust her meds to keep her calm, but hopefully she'll keep doing well with breathing on her own :)
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Big hugs to you and your whole family, Chiqui.
    and of course, good vibes and prayers.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    Thank you :) I'm so grateful to everyone that has been so supportive. Of course one finds out who your real friends are, some definitely have dropped the ball with me...but I guess that always happens with a crisis.
    Lizard wrote:
    Thank you :) I'm so grateful to everyone that has been so supportive. Of course one finds out who your real friends are, some definitely have dropped the ball with me...but I guess that always happens with a crisis.

That's sad. Try to be forgiving though, they may be having troubles of their own (or they could just be assholes ;) ). Regardless, it's burden you don't need to carry at the moment. Be thankful for the ones that have been there for you and keep carrying on my friend. (((hugs)))
    Sending more healing energy to your mom. Stay strong!
    That's sad. Try to be forgiving though, they may be having troubles of their own (or they could just be assholes ;) ). Regardless, it's burden you don't need to carry at the moment. Be thankful for the ones that have been there for you and keep carrying on my friend. (((hugs)))
    Yeah I'm trying to not let it bother me, it's drawing energy that I need for other things. It's just disappointing. But I guess it's a blessing in its own way in that it confirms who I can count on! I am so thankful for those who are behind me :)
    Yeah I'm trying to not let it bother me, it's drawing energy that I need for other things. It's just disappointing. But I guess it's a blessing in its own way in that it confirms who I can count on! I am so thankful for those who are behind me :)

+1 for recognizing it. Not easy to do during tough times. 8-)
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I wish you peace and strength in dealing with your mom.
    Thanks Shimmy. Yeah it's hard not to take it personal, but I'll just let it be for now. If it comes up though I'll let them know how I feel.

And thanks Joe, same back to you for everything you are going through with your dad. How is he doing? I hope he is as comfortable as he can be and not in any pain.

+1 for recognizing it. Not easy to do during tough times. 8-)
    You do learn a lot about other people (and yourself too) during tough times. Your friends will be there for you if they can and to the extent they can.
    You do learn a lot about other people (and yourself too) during tough times. Your friends will be there for you if they can and to the extent they can.
    That's very true, on all counts! I know some of my friends have no idea how to help, and there really isn't anything they can actively do, which is totally cool. It's the ones that know what's up and either have dropped off the radar completely or have been insensitive and been bad listeners. Oh well, what can one do!
    Mom was taken off the ventilator today and is breathing pretty well on her own so far (with oxygen of course!). We even managed to talk with her some and she ate solid food for the first time since she was admitted a week and a half ago. I'm praying it goes well....the good thoughts must be helping, so please keep them coming!
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Keeping you and yours in my thoughts. So glad to see your Mum's doing a bit better! :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    I am very pleased to hear there has been improvement. Stay strong! :D HUGS
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    Mom was taken off the ventilator today and is breathing pretty well on her own so far (with oxygen of course!). We even managed to talk with her some and she ate solid food for the first time since she was admitted a week and a half ago. I'm praying it goes well....the good thoughts must be helping, so please keep them coming!

Great news!
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Thanks ladies! She's having a rough time with the delirium but we're trying to work thru it.
    Glad to hear that there is improvement chiqui. Hopefully the delirium will dissipate soon. (((hugs)))
    I'm keeping up the good thoughts and hoping your mom continues to improve!
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Continued good thoughts~~~~>

glad there is some improvement.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Thanks guys. She's still in severe delirium, they had to put the safety vest (just a PC way of saying strait jacket) on her last night. And the doctor is referring us to a palliative care unit...seems pretty clear the direction things are headed :(
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    :(

{{HUG}}