Any spare good thoughts...

Comments

• pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Thoughts and prayers to you..... :(
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Sending big hugs and good thoughts your way! I know it's difficult as we just went through tough times too with Paul's mom. Keep strong and hang in there. I know you are keeping your sense of humor from your fb posts and that does help immensely! xoxo :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    I am so sorry to hear your mom is in ICU. I really hope she gets through this. I'm sending my prayers and hugs to you and your family.
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    Thanks again so much everyone, it all must be helping because she's been doing pretty well. Still fighting the infection but no fever today, and she even opened her eyes and saw my sister and me. They still have her heavily sedated and with pain meds, and have decided against taking her off the ventilator tomorrow, which sounds like a wise decision. Would be worse to take her off of it if it was too soon.

Still is hard to see her like that, I have a picture of all of us on my desk here and she looked so healthy and happy. Hopefully she can get back to that someday.
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    So good to hear that!
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    I am pleased to hear that she has some improvement. I will keep sending hope for you all.
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
    Thanks guys! I really pray it does continue, I always get so scared of a setback, she's still in delicate shape.

My sis and I took our dad out to a local flea market this morning which really helped his spirits a lot, did for all of us I think, just to be out in the sunshine and do something positive. Needed the balance with everything going on for sure.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    So glad to hear that there is improvement B. Still sending good vibes your way :)
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    So glad to hear that there is improvement B. Still sending good vibes your way :)
    Thank you dear!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    sending good vibes to you and your mom and family...hang in there!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Love and light Chiq!
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Posts: 3,428
    sending all good thoughts your way...keep your head up, sweetheart!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Thanks guys! I really pray it does continue, I always get so scared of a setback, she's still in delicate shape.

My sis and I took our dad out to a local flea market this morning which really helped his spirits a lot, did for all of us I think, just to be out in the sunshine and do something positive. Needed the balance with everything going on for sure.

Good thoughts to you and your family, B. That was a good idea to take your dad out for some sunshine and change of scenery...

Take care.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Of course B, anything for you. Prayers for your mom. Take it easy.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    Thanks again so much everyone, it all must be helping because she's been doing pretty well. Still fighting the infection but no fever today, and she even opened her eyes and saw my sister and me. They still have her heavily sedated and with pain meds, and have decided against taking her off the ventilator tomorrow, which sounds like a wise decision. Would be worse to take her off of it if it was too soon.

Still is hard to see her like that, I have a picture of all of us on my desk here and she looked so healthy and happy. Hopefully she can get back to that someday.

of course it's hard, but overall...this sounds like positive news!
    you, your mom and your whole family have been in my thoughts.
    all the best chica...

xo
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Thinking of you B, you know everyone here loves you to bits :)
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    good thoughts and warm vibes..
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    im very sorry to hear this, B.A..thoughts and prayers
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Positive thoughts and wishes heading your way from Boston. Focus on that photo of your Mom, and stay strong.

(((hug)))
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Thanks everybody. Had to go wail on a dumbass doctor this afternoon, they decided not to give my mom any of her anti-anxiety meds so she was screaming and crying, which I could hear over the phone when I called to check in. It's like READ HER CHART YOU DUMB ASSHOLE.

ugghhghghhhhhhh
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Thanks everybody. Had to go wail on a dumbass doctor this afternoon, they decided not to give my mom any of her anti-anxiety meds so she was screaming and crying, which I could hear over the phone when I called to check in. It's like READ HER CHART YOU DUMB ASSHOLE.

ugghhghghhhhhhh

I'm so sorry to read about about your mom ... I've been out of town and just read this.

Sending your mom - good thoughts and prayers - wishing the very best for the both of you.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    mikalina wrote:

ugghhghghhhhhhh

I'm so sorry to read about about your mom ... I've been out of town and just read this.

Sending your mom - good thoughts and prayers - wishing the very best for the both of you.
    Thank you, I really do appreciate everyone's kind words. It helps.
    If I manage to not get sick myself dealing with the mental midgets at the hospital, I'll be stunned. GOOD LORD.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    If I manage to not get sick myself dealing with the mental midgets at the hospital, I'll be stunned. GOOD LORD.
    Yes, that part is frustrating. Do what you have to do and don't worry about pissing them off. You have a lot more at stake in this situation than they do.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Yes, that part is frustrating. Do what you have to do and don't worry about pissing them off. You have a lot more at stake in this situation than they do.
    Oh I definitely have no problem making my concerns known for sure! It just makes an already difficult situation even more unbearable.

I got a call at 4am this morning that she got put back on the ventilator, and might have had a heart attack, still waiting on confirmation of that. I have no idea what is going to happen. They say we just have to take it day by day, which I know intellectually. So hard heartwise though.

I've spent the whole day going between staying strong and then just falling apart and weeping :( I fucking hate this.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    thoughts are with you and your mom
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    Thank you, we can sure use them.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Hold on chiqui . . . and remember to Just Breathe :) ((((hugs)))) & ((((good vibes))))
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    metsfan wrote:
    Thank you, we can sure use them.
    welcome, barb

xoxo
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483

I always assumed doctors would always automatically do the most obvious procedures to help cure the patient. While dealing with my father's care, I learned that you constantly have to hound them to take action. my wife is a doctor, so I always have her call my dad's caregivers to remind them they are being watched by a peer!

I wish you the best in dealing with your mom.