Any spare good thoughts...

chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
edited July 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I don't usually ask this, but please send them along to my mom. She is in the ICU and things don't look so good :( I figure as many good thoughts and prayers that can be aimed at her can't hurt. Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    I've tried to post my "thoughts, strenght and love" here to your mom about 8 times now and my laptop won't save my reply..........all my thoughts to your mom, and you too!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    PJPixie wrote:
    I've tried to post my "thoughts, strenght and love" here to your mom about 8 times now and my laptop won't save my reply..........all my thoughts to your mom, and you too!
    Thank you dear. I'm just at a loss and feel so helpless. I have visuals in my head from this day that will haunt me the rest of my life.
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Big love from Oz Chiqui, so sorry to hear this. xoxox
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    all yours, b
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    OMGoodness chiqui! Thoughts & prayers(non-religious sort from me) are with you from me here New Zealand. Strength to you honey!! I hope that your Mum pulls through.(((x)))
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    good vibes coming your way.
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    PJPixie wrote:
    Thank you dear. I'm just at a loss and feel so helpless. I have visuals in my head from this day that will haunt me the rest of my life.

Stay strong!! I know you will.
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I don't usually ask this, but please send them along to my mom. She is in the ICU and things don't look so good :( I figure as many good thoughts and prayers that can be aimed at her can't hurt. Thanks.

I offer you good thoughts....always a very difficult situation.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Hugs, good vibes and thoughts are being sent to your mom, to you and to all of your family Barb. ((((Hugs))))
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    Good thoughts for both you & your Mom.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    morello wrote:
    OMGoodness chiqui! Thoughts & prayers(non-religious sort from me) are with you from me here New Zealand. Strength to you honey!! I hope that your Mum pulls through.(((x)))
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • will do b
  • jopetto75jopetto75 Posts: 397
    sorry to here that hang in there positive thoughts
    until next time......
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    I will hold out hope and have nothing but good thoughts for you and your family
    in this incomprehensibly difficult time.

I'm so sorry.
    Nice shirt.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,457
    Stay strong cheeky...
    And god bless....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • sorry to hear this
    sending my thoughts and good vibes to your mum
    stay strong
    Thanks so much everyone. I've never dealt with a family member in ICU before so I've been up the past hour just researching how to handle it, what to expect. Like should one be there all the time, that sort of thing. She is on a ventilator and is heavily sedated but would respond when I'd hold her hand, like gripping it, so she knows we're there. Just have to keep a balance of being there for her and having time to rest too.

Yesterday was my sister's birthday, I feel so bad for her, and for my dad for having to see my mom like this. I tried to handle the 911 call and being at the hospital by myself just to spare her but once the move took place to the ICU then I couldn't do it on my own.

I'm tired and I'm scared :(
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    Oh you poor thing, my heart goes out to you.

I've been there and it's truly terrifying in every aspect. You don't know what to do.
    But, we are stronger than we think at times like this.

Because we have to be.

HUGS
    Nice shirt.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    So sorry to hear about this.

Sending positive thoughts and hugs accros the sea.

x
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    I'm so sorry. This must be incredibly difficult for you and your family.
    Try to rest when you can and to eat something even when you don't feel like it. Take care of yourself so you can be there for your mom and your family.
    If people offer to help, tell them what you need.

I can't imagine exactly what you're going through but I've been through something similar and to me it felt unreal. Like how could the rest of the world go on its merry way when my world had stopped.

I will be thinking of you.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    *Sending good thoughts to your mom*
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Sending every good thought and positive energy to your mom.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    Thanks so much everybody, I really appreciate it. She's stable so far this morning, gonna head out to see her after I make lunch and finish this bucket of coffee I just made. I'm kinda still in a state of shock so everything feels weird.
    I'm so sorry. This must be incredibly difficult for you and your family.
    Try to rest when you can and to eat something even when you don't feel like it. Take care of yourself so you can be there for your mom and your family.
    If people offer to help, tell them what you need.

I can't imagine exactly what you're going through but I've been through something similar and to me it felt unreal. Like how could the rest of the world go on its merry way when my world had stopped.

I will be thinking of you.
    Thanks for this advice, I will definitely heed it. And your'e right, it does feel unreal.
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    sending good thoughts, chiqui ~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

sending good thoughts, chiqui ~
    Thank you!

I spent a couple hours with her this afternoon and talked with the doctor and pulmunologist. She seems to be responding to the meds and her vitals are staying stable which is a good sign. They may try to take her off the ventilator tomorrow but we'll see, it might be better to keep her on just so her lungs can rest. They took her off one of the sedatives so even though she was knocked out she could hear me talking and would squeeze my hand when I asked her. I hope she keeps going in this positive direction.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    I spent a couple hours with her this afternoon and talked with the doctor and pulmunologist. She seems to be responding to the meds and her vitals are staying stable which is a good sign. They may try to take her off the ventilator tomorrow but we'll see, it might be better to keep her on just so her lungs can rest. They took her off one of the sedatives so even though she was knocked out she could hear me talking and would squeeze my hand when I asked her. I hope she keeps going in this positive direction.
    That sounds like good news. I will keep hoping for you!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    That sounds like good news. I will keep hoping for you!
    Yes, we are definitely heartened by it. I'm gonna go take my dad and sis out for dinner just to get our minds distracted for a little bit, and get fed too! Thanks for the hope, can never ever have too much :)
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Good thoughts and prayers coming your way!
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,249
    Whoa sorry to hear i will have you and your Mom in my thoughts :(
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Strength, love and light to your mom, you and your whole family. HUGS
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!