Options

Help a friend who lost everything in the Joplin, MO tornado

1235»

Comments

• Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,015
    @MikeMcCreadyPJ
    Help a PJ fan and family who are in need after tornados in Missouri turned their lives upside down: http://tinyurl.com/3n6gdhx
    3 hours ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

nice !!!
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    Wooooooooooooooooooow...

I just finally got around to reading all of this, i'm at work early to catch up on some stuff...

You guys are all so wonderful. Thank you to each and every one of you for kind words, support, love and donations. I really don't know what to say...

The monetary donations nearly brought me to tears... The amount of generosity here is overwhelming, and when i have more time, i'll thank each and every one of you.

I'll also give you an account of events from that tragic sunday, as i'm sure many of you are curious. I just don't have the time right now, and i'm still without internet access at the place we're currently staying.

God bless you all, and please, know that my family and I appreciate every single thing each of you have done or said.

-Chris.

Hey, that's what the "Jamily" is here for. Stay strong and we're all thinking about you and all of Joplin
  • Options
    bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 713
    Sent $ to wishlist in re: Chris via paypal.

Thanks wishlist for putting this together.
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    bump
  • Options
    BUMP
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    We're setting up a drop off point at the STL EV party/fundraiser for items for Chris.
    So please check the OP to see what is still needed and I'm sure paypal and GC are very welcomed! :mrgreen:

Me and Melissa(ozarkcoolchic) are going to make arrangements to get everything to Chris.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    still cool to send $$ via paypal?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    still cool to send $$ via paypal?
    Here's a link with details on how to send paypal :mrgreen:
    http://wishlistfoundation.org/2011/05/h ... n-in-need/
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    JLF78JLF78 Posts: 96
    Thanks for organizing this...Sending out a Target GC today....
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    OMG I can't believe I'm just finding this now
    I'd love to help Chris and his family somehow
    Yet, I'm not back to work yet and cannot really help out financially

Is there a list of what was donated/what is still needed?

There's got to be something I can do for them
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    edited June 2011
    I'm glad I saw this, I'm not on here very much anymore.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Chris and his family.
    Post edited by iluvcats on
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    Chris: Package sent last week via UPS c/o Outback is scheduled to arrive today (Thursday). Chris, Nicole and Carolyn: My thoughts are with you and all of Joplin.
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Sorry for the delay folks, sent paypal cash for this special family today. :):):)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    Loulou wrote:
    Sorry for the delay folks, sent paypal cash for this special family today. :):):)

:)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    donation made bump :)
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930
    I love this community.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    FabioFabio Posts: 4
    Really want to help, but i'm from Portugal.

Maybe a gift card is the best choice... but who do i send it to?

Can someone gimme a heads up here :oops:
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    Fabio wrote:

If you look at the first post in this thread, it has all of the mailing info. That should get you sorted out.
  • Options
    FabioFabio Posts: 4
    Travelar wrote:
    Fabio wrote:

If you look at the first post in this thread, it has all of the mailing info. That should get you sorted out.

I did, but actually i can't "mail" stuff from Portugal, it would take ages to get there and probably get stucked in customs(?) :(

I could send some an e-mail gift card but i didn't get to wich e-mail from the first post (maybe the paypal one?)

Thanks for your answer :)
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Fabio wrote:
    Travelar wrote:
    Fabio wrote:

I did, but actually i can't "mail" stuff from Portugal, it would take ages to get there and probably get stucked in customs(?) :(

I could send some an e-mail gift card but i didn't get to wich e-mail from the first post (maybe the paypal one?)

Thanks for your answer :)

I think the pay pal email address would be ok as long as he knows a gift card is coming so he does not think it is SPAM.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    Great cause, I just sent my donation via paypal and will send more as I have it. God bless!
    I am mine!
  • Options
    vedhed63vedhed63 Posts: 85
    Mailed donation to the Naperville address last week. Hope it doesn't get tied up at the border for too long!
    If you hate somethin', don't you do it too.

Winnipeg, Sept 8/2005
    Chicago, Aug 23&24/2009
    Alpine Valley, Sept 3&4/2011
    Winnipeg, Sept 17/2011
    Saskatoon, Sept 19/2011
    Edmonton, Sept 23/2011
    EV SOLO, Minneapolis/St. Louis 2011
    London, July 16/2013
  • Options
    Talked to Chris this morning and he says
    Gift cards are more helpful than anything else right now.

He will be at the STL party so if anyone needs an address to send gc to, you can mail them to me. You can all trust me, I've done a bunch of preparties, I'm a good girl.
    Here's the link to the party page on facebook, it has my address there.
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=155704437824616
    THANKS to everyone! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    Turntable and Vinyl received

Spin that shit Chris, spin it
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    Was finally able to make it to the post office and some new PJ CDs and DVDs are on their way to Chris.

For people who are going to the St Louis EV show, don't forget that you can drop items off for Chris at the pre-party.
  • Options
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    Was finally able to make it to the post office and some new PJ CDs and DVDs are on their way to Chris.

For people who are going to the St Louis EV show, don't forget that you can drop items off for Chris at the pre-party.
    YES!!!! Please bring some stuff to the STL party. Chris will be there! Let's show him how awesome the PJ community is. I'm sure he knows, but let's all help him out as much as he can. :mrgreen:

Me and Melissa will make sure everything donated to him will go to him.
  • Options
    ANyone know if Chris would be interested in a bunch of PJ bootlegs I have extra copies of? Most of them have jewel cases with artwork made for them.

Feel free to reply or pm me.

Thanks!