Options

Help a friend who lost everything in the Joplin, MO tornado

Comments

• Options
    OMG Laura you guys are amazing. I've known Chris since he lived in OZ and I'm sooo in for this.

Please tell me what to send and I'll gladly send it.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    I'd be more than happy to help out. A list of his likes, needs, and wants would be great. PJ or otherwise.
    I've spent some time in Joplin while driving through the U.S. Sad to see them go through this tragedy.
  • Options
    DarbyCrashDarbyCrash Posts: 223
    Great idea, I will get some stuff together.
    I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am...David Byrne, Talking Heads

Regal Theater, 1994--most amazing night ever.
  • Options
    My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 926
    Will definitely be helping out with this. Bump!
  • Options
    vedhed63vedhed63 Posts: 85
    It's not much but I have an extra Benaroya Hall CD still shrink-wrapped that I will send. Let us know how we can donate some cash, too!
    If you hate somethin', don't you do it too.

Winnipeg, Sept 8/2005
    Chicago, Aug 23&24/2009
    Alpine Valley, Sept 3&4/2011
    Winnipeg, Sept 17/2011
    Saskatoon, Sept 19/2011
    Edmonton, Sept 23/2011
    EV SOLO, Minneapolis/St. Louis 2011
    London, July 16/2013
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Please keep us updated Laura regarding the paypal and what they need. :) Watching the news is devastating. :(
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    I'm curious, and not trying to be a smart ass here.....

But if he lost everything he has, how will he receive the package? Can't exactly mail it to his home address, right?
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    *bump*
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    KatyzKatyz Posts: 838
    Please PM me to let me know if a queen bed (almost brand new - wrought iron with bednobs etc.., loads of clothes and kids stuff would help...about to sell them so would be glad to help. No idea how to get things there though.
  • Options
    KeiranKeiran Posts: 393
    Hope you don't mind that I cross referenced your thread. I didn't see yours before I posted mine.
    Do let us know what the family needs and how we can help!
    I wish a guy like Eddie, would like me.
  • Options
    loadedgun wrote:
    I'm curious, and not trying to be a smart ass here.....

But if he lost everything he has, how will he receive the package? Can't exactly mail it to his home address, right?
    Was wondering the same. But I want to help. I love Chris.
  • Options
    Mail addressed to him would likely be held for 'General Delivery' at his local designated Post Office. He can pick it up at that Post Office with proper ID. (Unless he has made other forwarding arrangements.)

USPS Service Info: http://www.usps.com/communications/news/serviceupdates.htm

Is there any update regarding how he and his family are doing?
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Is there any update regarding how he and his family are doing?

from facebook:

So today was a success. All three cats are alive :) we found VERY minimal clothing which is currently being washed.

We've been in the same clothes we were wearing when it hit :-/ we found a lot of small valuables too. Best of a bad situation :)
  • Options
    Thank you for the update norm. I'm so happy to hear about their kitties and that they found something salvageable in the rubble.

I heard there is another storm headed their way which could produce another tornado so I pray they stay safe.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    mavimavi Posts: 941
    I would very much like to help. Please let us know regarding the paypal account when you can.
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • Options
    Thank you, Norm. Much appreciated.

Just waiting to hear back from the OP to find out how to help.
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I'm sorry if this sounds crass, but I would rather help him our with necessities, not Pearl Jam memorabilia... Priorities people!!
    A paypal account info would be great. :)
  • Options
    StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Hi all,

Our friend & fellow fan Christopher Lee-Sye & his family lost everything in the tornado that struck Joplin, MO yesterday. We're thankful he & his family are safe, but they lost just about every material possession they had.

It's a small gesture, but let's help Chris rebuild his PJ collection. Send CDs, DVDs, hard drives, shirts, memorabilia & anything else you might like to

Wishlist Foundation
    ATTN: Christopher Lee-Sye
    PO Box 3868
    Naperville, IL 60567

We'll send him a goodie box of comfort in his time of need. Please share with your friends...

Wouldn't it be more beneficial to send him and his family things that they actually need? You know, like clothing. It's a kind, but ridiculous, gesture. I don't mean to be a grinch, but sending CDs and DVDs to somebody that probably lost the devices to use those things on seems rather pointless. I'm sure his loved ones would be much more excited to receive a box of jeans and shits than "memorabilia."

My heart goes out to this family, and if you want to start collecting useful things for them, my family will be more than willing to help out.
  • Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 638
    Any update on sending money to the Wishlist Paypal account?
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    I understand people saying that necessities are more important and they are... at this stage, there are charities like United Way and Red Cross assisting those, like Chris's family, who have lost everything. They have been picking through rubble for the past 3 days and have found a few personal items, thankfully their animals have been found alive. I think the PJ collection is a nice gesture. I also agree that I would be great to get a fund together for the family, it's just hard now to find out what they need and want as there is no internet service and Chris updates FB about once a day to let people know what's happening. In lieu of physical items, I think giftcards for places like Macy's, Best Buy, Target or whatever is within easy access would be great.

The Red Cross is no longer accepting clothes for Joplin residents... they have 3 warehouses full of clothes already. There is another PJ fan heavily involved in support for Joplin, as she is close by, she may have more input, she also knows how to get things direct to Chris, she has been in phone contact with him.

Mods, please sticky!
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930
    BUMP

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    waterairwaterair Philly Posts: 53
    Bump
    Let's go to Europe ;-)

#409xxx
    (how I let my membership lapse is beyond me.)
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    You guys are all amazing...

I have a message in asking Chris if there was anything specific we could do/send and what sizes, so stay tuned.

Will check with Eric about utilizing the Wishlist PayPal account for this and get back to you guys ASAP!

xo

awesome! i'll be sending something as soon as you pass the info along.
    ditto!
    don't haave much but every little bit helps.
    keeps us informed on how we can donate money... thx laura!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    Rob, thank you for mentioning this on AET this afternoon!

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Tone wrote:
    I understand people saying that necessities are more important and they are... at this stage, there are charities like United Way and Red Cross assisting those, like Chris's family, who have lost everything. They have been picking through rubble for the past 3 days and have found a few personal items, thankfully their animals have been found alive. I think the PJ collection is a nice gesture. I also agree that I would be great to get a fund together for the family, it's just hard now to find out what they need and want as there is no internet service and Chris updates FB about once a day to let people know what's happening. In lieu of physical items, I think giftcards for places like Macy's, Best Buy, Target or whatever is within easy access would be great.

The Red Cross is no longer accepting clothes for Joplin residents... they have 3 warehouses full of clothes already. There is another PJ fan heavily involved in support for Joplin, as she is close by, she may have more input, she also knows how to get things direct to Chris, she has been in phone contact with him.

Mods, please sticky!

this is awesome...thanks tone
  • Options
    jets521jets521 Posts: 804
    People complaining about the whole ticketing fiasco need to step back, take a deep breath ... and realize that not getting tickets isnt the end of the world.

open your eyes and see what is going on in this country ... people losing EVERYTHING and losing loved ones in the blink of an eye.

my thoughts are with all the victims of these disasters
    Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
    Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
    Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
    Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 10/21/13
    1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore - 10/27/13
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 4/28/16
    Enterprise Center, Saint Louis - 9/18/22
  • Options
    mavimavi Posts: 941
    bump
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • Options
    BUMP

• Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i can't do much but i'll help out :)
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    Tone wrote:

Mods, please sticky!

I agree with this beautiful lady and couldn't have said it better.
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥