Options

Help a friend who lost everything in the Joplin, MO tornado

Comments

• Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 638
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Tone wrote:
    I understand people saying that necessities are more important and they are... at this stage, there are charities like United Way and Red Cross assisting those, like Chris's family, who have lost everything. They have been picking through rubble for the past 3 days and have found a few personal items, thankfully their animals have been found alive. I think the PJ collection is a nice gesture. I also agree that I would be great to get a fund together for the family, it's just hard now to find out what they need and want as there is no internet service and Chris updates FB about once a day to let people know what's happening. In lieu of physical items, I think giftcards for places like Macy's, Best Buy, Target or whatever is within easy access would be great.

The Red Cross is no longer accepting clothes for Joplin residents... they have 3 warehouses full of clothes already. There is another PJ fan heavily involved in support for Joplin, as she is close by, she may have more input, she also knows how to get things direct to Chris, she has been in phone contact with him.

Mods, please sticky!

So I had wanted to send $$ to Wishlist Paypal, but would you rather us send Target, etc...gift cards instead?

I agree with this beautiful lady and couldn't have said it better.
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    I spoke with Chris via txt this morning. He said they lost pretty much all their clothes and shoes.. they are the most pressing things right now including gas, shoes, food and clothing. He said he lost all of his PJ stuff including Ed's autograph from 2008. Gift cards for the non-PJ items are the best thing for them right now and the Outback restaurant he works at is accepting packages for them.

His message to everyone: "You guys are awesome.... This is truly overwhelming and I can't express how much things like this helps us to move forward xoxo"

I updated the first post, including the Outback address and our PayPal address & requested a sticky too.

Foxy Mop wrote:
    Hi all,

Our friend & fellow fan Christopher Lee-Sye (Leathermosquitoman), his wife Nicole and two year old daughter Carolyn lost everything in the tornado that struck Joplin, MO yesterday. We're thankful he & his family are safe, but they lost just about every material possession they had. They've been able to find their pet bunny and three cats, as well as some small valuables.

Chris mentioned their immediate needs include clothing, shoes, gas and food. Gift Cards are super important and can help them obtain these items quickly. Keep in mind toys, pet care items, towels, personal care items and more.

Gift Card Suggestions:
    - Visa! (can be used anywhere!)
    - Target
    - Best Buy
    - Toys R Us
    - Sears

It's a small gesture, but let's help Chris rebuild his PJ collection too. Send CDs, DVDs, hard drives, shirts, memorabilia. Chris lost an item with Ed's autograph from 2008.

You can send your PJ memorabilia, gift cards & anything else you might like to:

Wishlist Foundation
    ATTN: Christopher Lee-Sye
    PO Box 3868
    Naperville, IL 60567

We will handle sending him the box(es) of comfort in his time of need.

If you would like to donate money instead of items, you can send a donation to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@wishlistfoundation.ORG">info@wishlistfoundation.ORG</a><!-- e --> via PayPal (please mark it as a GIFT) with the title message "ATTN: Christopher Lee-Sye"

If you want to send something via UPS or directly, you can send it to:

Outback
    c/o Christopher Lee-Sye
    4509 W. Poplar Street
    Rogers, AR 72758
    USA

Chris works at the Outback and they are accepting packages for him and delivering them to him and his family.

Additionally, you can donate to the Red Cross Appeal by texting "Joplin" to 864833 for a donation of $10, which will be added to your phone bill.

Please share with your friends...

<3<3<3
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    BUMP and pretty please sticky!

If I can find AV spares for my ticket buddy and myself, I would donate Chris and his wife my AV pair... although I'm sure that's the furthest thing from their minds right now. Just putting it out there.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    I'll pick up a couple gift cards this week and send them out.
  • Options
    Awesome!!!

Updated the first post again with Chris' direct PayPal account and their shirt sizes.
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    I'm glad to hear that everyone is OK. That is indeed the most important thing. Sent a PP donation and will be assembling some PJ stuff to help out after they are back on their feet.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    From one Christopher Lee to another, sending well wishes ro you & your family. I am on standby to provide trauma counseling down there in the coming weeks. Take care & will send you some PJ stuff..
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    I'll look for some clothes and PJ stuff during this weekend, glad to help!!!
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    redvedderredvedder Posts: 56
    I got goosebumps reading this thread. What an amazing community of people Pj fans are! I am going out to get a gift card to send. I am so glad to hear Chris, his family and his pets are safe. And, sorry to hear he lost everything else.
    "Oh dear dad, can you see me now? I am myself, like you somehow."

CAMDEN 8.29.98{}CAMDEN 9.2.00{}SPECTRUM 4.28.03{}CAMDEN 7.5.03{}CAMDEN 7.6.03{}WACHOVIA 10.3.05{}CAMDEN 5.27.06{}CAMDEN 5.28.06{}CAMDEN 6.19.08{}CAMDEN 6.20.08{} MANSFIELD 6.28.08{}EV @ Tower Theater 6.12.09{}SPECTRUM 10.28.09{}SPECTRUM 10.30.09{}SPECTRUM (RIP) 10.31.09{}MSG 5.21.10{}EV @ Tower Theater 6.25.11{}Alpine Valley 9.3.11{}Alpine Valley 9.4.11
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Thanks Laura for update the details..
    Chris,wish you the best..maybe you loose everything,but not hope and pj community and friends
    and ill do my best to help as everybody here
    cheers from Greece
    Dimitris
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    emeraldkityemeraldkity Posts: 370
    Best wishes to your family & friends, Chris-
    My relatives are from the other end of Mo-( Pattonsburg Mo- which has had their own catastrophes ) & I will send a care package via wishlist.
    Sending our good thoughts to you.
    Karin
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    mavimavi Posts: 941
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Updated the first post again with Chris' direct PayPal account and their shirt sizes.

Thank you for the update, I'll be sure to send via PP.
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    I am on this!

Chris helped me get my collection onto a hard drive, and went out of his way to help me out.

I will send needed items now, and will help him with his collection once there is a little more time for him to sort things out.

As with every other tragedy, I am watching CNN this morning and feeling helpless that I cant do more to help. I donate to all of these causes... tsunami funds, earthquake Haiti, Red Cross events, Cancer Relays, Pink games... the list goes on. But it feels somehow hollow, like I really want to reach out and hold someones hand, or help them remove the rubble, give them re-assurance. With this I almost "know" someone that tragedy has struck, and it feels like the effort might take on a more personal effect.

My co-worker and friend, just spent the last week visiting her friend in Joplin. On Sunday night while at work, I asked her if she had seen the news. She hadn't; she had slept all day. When she pulled up CNN she couldn't really talk. She had that same helpless feeling that we all do. It wasn't until Monday morning that she was able to reach her friend Pam, and find that she was okay and just sustained some roof damage. Yet those hours before reaching her feel like days worth of worry.

Thanks for putting this up Laura.

Dave
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    Yay for the sticky!

I just found out that little Carolyn is partial to Elmo and Dora ♥♥♥
    :)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Hey Laura---do you prefer we send to Wishlist or to Chris directly?

Liz
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    Hey Laura---do you prefer we send to Wishlist or to Chris directly? Liz

I guess it's a matter of preference. If you send it to Wishlist we can give you a tax receipt for your donation.. then we'll send him a lump check/PP gift deposit. If you send it to him directly he could have it sooner, but no tax receipt. Though I know his ability to access the internet is still sketchy too, so there's that.
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Awesome!!!

Thank you, Foxy Mop. Sent a PP gift and will work on getting a package together to mail out next week.

The updates on how Christopher, Nicole and Carolyn are doing are appreciated. Thanks.
  • Options
    MajLreapMajLreap Posts: 100
    Anyone interested in a XL Pearl Jam Boston Shirt from 2010? It's the red sox one. I am asking $50 paypal to the wishlist foundation. I will match the $50 and send Chris the same shirt. I bought 2 at the show and they are both unworn.
  • Options
    dabearmcdabearmc Posts: 56
    I don't ever post here but this is something that really struck me. Best of luck. Sent 50 by Paypal to Wislist. Good luck in getting back on your feet.
  • Options
    MajLreap wrote:
    Anyone interested in a XL Pearl Jam Boston Shirt from 2010? It's the red sox one. I am asking $50 paypal to the wishlist foundation. I will match the $50 and send Chris the same shirt. I bought 2 at the show and they are both unworn.

That's an awesome and creative donation!
    dabearmc wrote:
    I don't ever post here but this is something that really struck me. Best of luck. Sent 50 by Paypal to Wislist. Good luck in getting back on your feet.

Beautiful ♥
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    Bump.

Chris helped me out with some PJ stuff last year and is a really good guy. I cannot imagine what his family is going through. I will be getting a package out to him and his family this weekend.

Laura - Thanks for organizing this. Its amazing how quickly the 10C community can mobilize to help a fellow member out.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Thanks Laura as always! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    ejh76ejh76 Posts: 133
    sending lots of goodies from australia, whats 4T mean tho for his daughter Carolyn...we dont use that term in Australian for clothes...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris is a PJ nut btw so necessities are needed but he would totally adore and appreciate anything PJ related

cheers

elisha
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    That is so sad! Certainly puts things in perspective doesn't it. I will have a hunt around and see what I can find. :)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I just donated to Chris direct. :thumbup: Chris and I have known each other since primary school....so fucking sad....at least everyone is safe though....and Chris seems to be in quite good spirits considering the circumstances.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    wow just really fucking sad to see an old timer of the board and community go through this. will def be donating to chris direct.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Zindianlb31Zindianlb31 Posts: 22
    This is so epic. You are all saints. Will be donating via paypal....not much since I dont have much, but this just struck me as something that needs to be done. :) see you all in September.
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Thanks for the paypal info, will be making a donation! :)
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I'll be sending in my donation this weekend. :)
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147