Options

Help a friend who lost everything in the Joplin, MO tornado

Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
edited August 2011 in The Porch
Our friend & fellow fan Christopher Lee-Sye (Leathermosquitoman), his wife Nicole and two year old daughter Carolyn lost everything in the tornado that struck Joplin, MO. We’re thankful he & his family are safe, but they lost just about every material possession they had. They’ve been able to find their pet bunny and three cats, as well as some small valuables.

Needs
Chris mentioned their immediate needs include clothing, shoes, gas and food. Gift Cards are super important and can help them obtain these items quickly. Keep in mind toys, pet care items, towels, personal care items and more.

Shirt Sizes:
Chris – XL
Nicole – L
Carolyn – 4T

Pants/Jeans Sizes:
Chris = 32-34
Nicole = 32-34 women's
Carolyn = 4T or toddler size 7

Gift Card Suggestions
- Visa! (can be used anywhere!)
- Target
- Best Buy
- Toys R Us
- Sears
- Amazon

Pearl Jam Memorabilia
It’s a small gesture, but let’s help Chris rebuild his PJ collection too. Send CDs, DVDs, hard drives, shirts, memorabilia. Chris lost an item with Ed’s autograph from 2008.

You can send your PJ memorabilia, gift cards & anything else you might like to:

Wishlist Foundation
ATTN: Christopher Lee-Sye
PO Box 3868
Naperville, IL 60567

We will handle sending him the box(es) of comfort in his time of need.

Monetary Donations
If you would like to donate money instead of items, you can send a donation to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@wishlistfoundation.ORG">info@wishlistfoundation.ORG</a><!-- e --> via PayPal (please mark it as a GIFT) with the title message “ATTN: Christopher Lee-Sye” (we can provide a tax receipt)
-or-
you can PayPal Chris directly at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:chrislee_sye@yahoo.com">chrislee_sye@yahoo.com</a><!-- e --> and make sure you mark it as a GIFT

Direct Shipping
If you want to send something via UPS or directly, you can send it to:

Outback
c/o Christopher Lee-Sye
4509 W. Poplar Street
Rogers, AR 72758
USA

Chris works at the Outback and they are accepting packages for him and delivering them to him and his family.

A message from Chris & his family:
“You guys are awesome…. Thank you for absolutely everything and that the continued love and support is truly amazing. Be proud to be a part of the amazing PJ community. This is truly overwhelming and I can’t express how much things like this helps us to move forward. xoxo”

Chris requests that if you do donate anything, please include your name/email because they would like to thank each one of you individually.

Additionally, you can donate to the Red Cross Appeal by texting “Joplin” to 864833 for a donation of $10, which will be added to your phone bill.

Please share with your friends…
Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
♥♥♥
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    Great idea Laura! I'll see what I can gather.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    My thoughts and prayers are with Chris and his family. :cry:

Mods please sticky this!!!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    What would be best. Would like to help.
  • Options
    appieappie Posts: 1,441
    Great idea...We did restore Stillhere''s collection a couple of weeks ago,so lets go for a re-run..
    Glad to know the family is okay,thats the most important part..
    Materials can be replaced....I see what i can do...You have my helping hand..
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    Putting together a package this week. Would like to include some non-PJ stuff as well, maybe some stuff for his little girl.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Can we make a money donation to a paypal account?
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I was so sad to hear that, but also glad they are ok! Will definitely send something. Thanks for posting. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Great idea! I'm glad to hear that everyone is safe. I will definitely send some PJ stuff, but since they lost pretty much everything, do we know what other general items could help them out?
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,373
    What size shirts??
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    Such terrible news, but so happy to hear we can help in any way possible. I'll see what I can do, in the meantime, thoughts and prayers to the family.
  • Options
    Should we also put up what we are sending to try to cut down on the repeats?
  • Options
    Should we also put up what we are sending to try to cut down on the repeats?
  • Options
    jameslw13jameslw13 Posts: 144
    what sizes are needed of PJ related clothing?
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I haven't got any doubles of anything and I've not got the entire collection anyway. Is there anythng I can do? Is there a paypal account we could donate a little to?
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    You guys are all amazing...

I have a message in asking Chris if there was anything specific we could do/send and what sizes, so stay tuned.

Will check with Eric about utilizing the Wishlist PayPal account for this and get back to you guys ASAP!

xo
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Foxy Mop wrote:

I have a message in asking Chris if there was anything specific we could do/send and what sizes, so stay tuned.

Will check with Eric about utilizing the Wishlist PayPal account for this and get back to you guys ASAP!

xo

awesome! i'll be sending something as soon as you pass the info along.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Foxy Mop wrote:

xo

+1
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    Count me in to help, too. I'll keep watching for what is needed.
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Foxy Mop wrote:

xo

+1
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Just so people know, Chris is Leathermosquitoman on the board.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    My thoughts and prayers are with Chris and his family. :cry:

Mods please sticky this!!!
    I feel the same - my prayers are with Chris and his family
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    maybe we could contact the 10C..and all chip in to get them tickets to PJ20? just a thought.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    maybe we could contact the 10C..and all chip in to get them tickets to PJ20? just a thought.

He was on the PJ20 list as going....doubt he would have even thought about the sale now.

I'm in! Someone should organise this.....or maybe he won't be able to afford a holiday so soon....if he's lost EVERYTHING, I doubt a holiday is going to be on the cards in the next few months.
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

He was on the PJ20 list as going....doubt he would have even thought about the sale now.

I'm in! Someone should organise this.....or maybe he won't be able to afford a holiday so soon....if he's lost EVERYTHING, I doubt a holiday is going to be on the cards in the next few months.

hey Zig---

i just pm'd Foxy Mop. i'm all for this idea & i think we could raise the $ for the tickets pretty quickly. the tricky part would be making sure that the 10C could hold a pair while we collect the funds.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

hey Zig---

i just pm'd Foxy Mop. i'm all for this idea & i think we could raise the $ for the tickets pretty quickly. the tricky part would be making sure that the 10C could hold a pair while we collect the funds.

Awesome. Hope it works out for him. Make sure we put his board name in the collection thread so people click who it is and more people donate.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,864
    I have a USB turntable I will give to them, just need to local address of of the Naperille guy to drop it off since i live 20 minutes away...why pay UPS if I can drive it
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    BUMP

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Thanks Laura.

Also, you can donate to the Red Cross Appeal by texting "Joplin" to 864833 for a donation of $10, which will be added to your phone bill.

I have an extra Touring Fan DVD to donate and I will look through to see what else I have.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Just so people know, Chris is Leathermosquitoman on the board.
    Thanks--I was wondering.
    I will help for sure.
    :(
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Foxy Mop wrote:

xo

+1