Options

Help a friend who lost everything in the Joplin, MO tornado

Comments

• Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Just sent a little something through paypal to Chris.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Me too......(sent paypal)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,261
    Donation sent via husband's paypal account. Thinking of all those affected....
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    BUMP. Just gave a little. This is what it's all about folks. Just a little goes a long way!
  • Options
    Any chance 10C has a PJ20 package sitting around they can throw their way?.... I'm sure they could use a break from everything once they get their life back together. Just a thought.
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Any chance 10C has a PJ20 package sitting around they can throw their way?.... I'm sure they could use a break from everything once they get their life back together. Just a thought.

that would be amazing, wouldn't it?
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    I spoke with Chris via txt this morning. He said they lost pretty much all their clothes and shoes.. they are the most pressing things right now including gas, shoes, food and clothing. He said he lost all of his PJ stuff including Ed's autograph from 2008. Gift cards for the non-PJ items are the best thing for them right now and the Outback restaurant he works at is accepting packages for them.

His message to everyone: "You guys are awesome.... This is truly overwhelming and I can't express how much things like this helps us to move forward xoxo"

I updated the first post, including the Outback address and our PayPal address & requested a sticky too.

Foxy Mop wrote:
    Hi all,

Our friend & fellow fan Christopher Lee-Sye (Leathermosquitoman), his wife Nicole and two year old daughter Carolyn lost everything in the tornado that struck Joplin, MO yesterday. We're thankful he & his family are safe, but they lost just about every material possession they had. They've been able to find their pet bunny and three cats, as well as some small valuables.

Chris mentioned their immediate needs include clothing, shoes, gas and food. Gift Cards are super important and can help them obtain these items quickly. Keep in mind toys, pet care items, towels, personal care items and more.

Gift Card Suggestions:
    - Visa! (can be used anywhere!)
    - Target
    - Best Buy
    - Toys R Us
    - Sears

It's a small gesture, but let's help Chris rebuild his PJ collection too. Send CDs, DVDs, hard drives, shirts, memorabilia. Chris lost an item with Ed's autograph from 2008.

You can send your PJ memorabilia, gift cards & anything else you might like to:

Wishlist Foundation
    ATTN: Christopher Lee-Sye
    PO Box 3868
    Naperville, IL 60567

We will handle sending him the box(es) of comfort in his time of need.

If you would like to donate money instead of items, you can send a donation to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@wishlistfoundation.ORG">info@wishlistfoundation.ORG</a><!-- e --> via PayPal (please mark it as a GIFT) with the title message "ATTN: Christopher Lee-Sye"

If you want to send something via UPS or directly, you can send it to:

Outback
    c/o Christopher Lee-Sye
    4509 W. Poplar Street
    Rogers, AR 72758
    USA

Chris works at the Outback and they are accepting packages for him and delivering them to him and his family.

Additionally, you can donate to the Red Cross Appeal by texting "Joplin" to 864833 for a donation of $10, which will be added to your phone bill.

Please share with your friends...

<3<3<3

Thanks for the update! I'll work on putting something together this weekend so I can send it to Chris and his family soon!
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    My daughter and I are putting together a package this weekend. She just donated her favorite (gently used but getting small) PJ t-shirt.

This is a great idea.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880

That would be nice.

I am making a donation now. Kudos for starting this thread and for it being stickied.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    surferzsurferz Posts: 54
    I see your donation and raise!
    Chris, hope this helps.
  • Options
    bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 713
    I'll kick in and send something as soon as I'm back in town on Monday...

Awesome initiative, guys.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    package will be mailed tomorrow & i'll send some $ via paypal as well. thanks for organizing this, Laura (& everyone else at Wishlist)!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    KregKreg Posts: 38
    God's speed, Chris.
  • Options
    RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    paypal donation on it's way, PJ fans have your back Chris, take care of the fam on Yo'self.

RFTC
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
  • Options
    ozarkcoolchicozarkcoolchic Posts: 621
    Hey gang,

I have been working this week with the Joplin tornado relief effort in Branson, Mo. We have adopted Chris, Nicole, & Carolyn as one the families that we are helping with basic essentials. I spoke with Chris today on the phone & he wanted me to pass a few words on to our community. He is so thankful & very gracious of everything that the Pearl Jam community is doing for him & his family. He said it was absolutely amazing on how the PJ community is coming together & being so generous to just 3 people. He said he could not express how thankful & grateful he is for us. He also wanted the community to know that he, his family, & animals are safe, unharmed, & thankful to be alive.

I have heard that he lost an Ed autographed item in the disaster. I personally challenge Ed to donate to Chris an autographed item. That's right! I double dog dare ya Eddie!
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    Top Notch Foxy Mop! I have felt so helpless these last few days. Here I am "stressing out" whether or not I am going to PJ20 and these people and just trying to give their neighbors and family the respect of just finding them. I am going to find something for each of them in my travels today and send it their way. It only takes just one to make a difference.

Thanks again.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    IGOTSHIT15IGOTSHIT15 Posts: 60
    A few of my buddies that I go to concerts with live in NYC as well so after my cpa exam next week I will start organizing a proper care package with tshirts, pants, button downs, cds, etc

I know people say well he doesn't have clothes why would he want pj cds well whenever I feel like shit I throw on pearl jam (probably a madison square garden show) and just forget about life for a while because it just makes me smile

all the best to your family chris and I will get on that after tuesday, sorry for the delay the test is limiting my pearl jam forum browsing
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    Hey gang,

I have been working this week with the Joplin tornado relief effort in Branson, Mo. We have adopted Chris, Nicole, & Carolyn as one the families that we are helping with basic essentials. I spoke with Chris today on the phone & he wanted me to pass a few words on to our community. He is so thankful & very gracious of everything that the Pearl Jam community is doing for him & his family. He said it was absolutely amazing on how the PJ community is coming together & being so generous to just 3 people. He said he could not express how thankful & grateful he is for us. He also wanted the community to know that he, his family, & animals are safe, unharmed, & thankful to be alive.

I have heard that he lost an Ed autographed item in the disaster. I personally challenge Ed to donate to Chris an autographed item. That's right! I double dog dare ya Eddie!

Melissa & everyone here just blow me away with the depths of your generosity & kindness. Chris posted on Facebook that he just went back to work but it was surreal.

Look around the room you're sitting in. Imagine that every inch of what's in your room is gone. No lamp. No desk. No pens, tissues, post-its, carpet, files, drinks, photos... all of it.. gone. That's what they and thousands of others are facing. It's incomprehensible.

So far the Wishlist PayPal has received over $300 and I'll be checking the mail today. Tuesday we'll be sending out the first care package.

You guys are amazing xoxo
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I just sent over a donation via PayPal.

Best of luck to Chris & his family!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    from chris:

Moment of silence today at 5:41pm central time. Today is very emotional. Obama speaking between 2 and 4 from MSSU Campus.
  • Options
    Wooooooooooooooooooow...

I just finally got around to reading all of this, i'm at work early to catch up on some stuff...

You guys are all so wonderful. Thank you to each and every one of you for kind words, support, love and donations. I really don't know what to say...

The monetary donations nearly brought me to tears... The amount of generosity here is overwhelming, and when i have more time, i'll thank each and every one of you.

I'll also give you an account of events from that tragic sunday, as i'm sure many of you are curious. I just don't have the time right now, and i'm still without internet access at the place we're currently staying.

God bless you all, and please, know that my family and I appreciate every single thing each of you have done or said.

-Chris.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    God bless you all, and please, know that my family and I appreciate every single thing each of you have done or said.

-Chris.
    God bless you and your family, too
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    gunter1976gunter1976 Posts: 587
    All the best Chris, to you and yours,

Take care,

g.
    "...bring it back someway bring it back, back, back... to the clean form, to the pure form..."

My Fugazi Live Series ramblings and blog: anothersievefistedfind.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    I only just heard the news (sorry, I haven't been here much lately - way too busy at work).

Chris, I hope everything returns to some kind of normalicy for you, your family and your community.

It's great to see this community rally again!

Save Ferris!
  • Options
    tigers84tigers84 Greenville, SC Posts: 457
    Gift sent to Chris!!

Chin up!!

Foxy U guys continue to insipire!!
    BUGS IN THE WAY, I FEEL ABOUT YOU
  • Options
    Another Bump!
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Visa card sent to Chris c/o Outback. Will try to dig up a PJ item to take to the EV St.Louis show.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Our box went off today. My daughter was very excited and happy to pick out clothes for Carolyn.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Here's a thought: dig around your home and find all those unused gift cards from Target, Wal-Mart, etc. I know my sons must have some they got as gifts that they won't use.
  • Options
    Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    @MikeMcCreadyPJ
    Help a PJ fan and family who are in need after tornados in Missouri turned their lives upside down: http://tinyurl.com/3n6gdhx
    3 hours ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply