I beat Cancer ... I hope :)

Comments

• whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Rob,
    You seem like a very powerful person, Just know that even though the Chemo is detrimentally sickening, that your attitude has the most power. I have all the respect in the world for you and your wife for being as strong as you are! That's a very hard diagnosis to keep your chin up under!! But you seem to be looking at it in the best respect.. Just keep that Toronto goal as inspiration, and you'll make it there!! I will be praying for you, and sending good vibes as well!! keep us posted on your progress, no pun intended..
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Dude, heavy bomb! We're all here for you in some capacity. You stay strong. Many good vibes coming your way.

-Kevin
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,686
    Just wanted to add good thoughts and prayers your way, Rob. Seeing someone say "Go Giants" I realized you and I have spared goodnaturedly about the Dodgers/Giants in the past. I am really glad to hear it hasn't spread and am sure you will get better.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    My thoughts and prays are with are with you...may you have a speedy recovery.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    im not a religious man at all. my girlfriend is a christian and we have a great understanding of where belief and non belief can converge in a sense of spirituality regardless of religion.

i live my life with the strong opinion that treating others well and realising the importance of friends and family and supporting others is what it is all about.

i won't pray for you but I hope you know that I truly wish the best for you and whatever vibes i can send to you, i am. your attitude is genuinely inspiring, and i mean that.

anything beyond this i can give, just ask.
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    aww Rob, hearts and thoughts headed your way in massive doses! Chin up..although it sounds as if you've got a very good attitude about this whole thing. The fact that you thought about your EV and PJ shows right off the bat shows you in a good place. Heed Ed's advice and just be sound, things will work out. And you are NOT old! There are a lot of kids here yes, and probably mostly 30-somethings, but there are sooooooooooo many of us more or less about your age here in the pit...you might be surprised how many :) I'm not too awfully far behind ..and if you look at it realistically..the guys in the band are pushing 50 right? And look at them go! Let that be inspiration to you. Keep on top of this...don't put things off too awfully much in the name of PJ...even though its tempting, and it'll be good !
    Hugs,
    Peace,
    jo
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    <3 to you!!! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, my friend.

stay strong and keep that great sense of humor!!
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    That sucks dude i'm sorry to hear about this. Keeping positive thoughts will help you as well just remember you got a whole board wait no not a board a whole Army of PJ fans and we support each other.

Cancer is a pussy plain and simple. I'm sure you will kick this pussies ass. Hang tough.
    My butt itches!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    "Take care of yourselves and, if you've old like me and have been putting one off, GET A COLONOSCOPY!!!!!"

Thanks for the tip, brother. I'm hittin' 60 in August so if that's old, I'm just about there. I guess it's time for me to buck up and get that colonoscopy.

Meanwhile, good thoughts going up for you. Cures are happening more all the time and we're hoping for one for you soon!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    Damn...that is some hard shit.

Take each day one step at a time and you will kick cancer's ass. We will all be right here with you each step of the way giving you strength and encouragement when you need it. :)
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Thinking about you Rob. You're going to win by a landslide. :thumbup:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,973
    Rob,
    Not the news I was expecting to see you post... hadnt been over to AET in too long.

I guess now we just have to check our schedules a little better to see Fresno in town. I WILL BE THERE IF WE CAN MAKE IT WORK! Dont plan any Dr visits on those days! Really, lets get together and watch some ball. I'll be in touch through PM's.

In the meantime, I have you in mind, keeping your spirits up and helping the healing process.

Dave
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Sad to hear your news Rob but your attitude and plan will keep you strong.
    imalive wrote:
    I hope you guys respect my/our decisions for the course of treatment. I'm good with my it, as is my great wife.

Please don't feel the need to seek respect from us here for your decisions made,this is you and your wife's deeply personal journey only the two of you are on.
    We are all here but for love,empathy and respect for each other as human bee inns :D
    My sister has been through the process and has come out of the experience stronger,grounded and healthy.I trust the same for you and your wife.
    My thoughts are with you today.

Peace

Moragxxooxx
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    Rob,

You'll be in my thoughts for these coming trying months. Sounds like you have a wonderful support network, we're all rooting for you.

Stella xx
    wah
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Go Beat this Shit Rob...Speedy Recovery to you
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,191
    Kick this cancers ass!!
    You have our full support and yes My prayers are with you.

Stay Strong!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    Fuck you cancer! :twisted:
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    I got my "Power Port" installed yesterday. I stole this picture from the internet. Mine, being a day old, looks much uglier today:

DSC04600.JPG

bard-powerport-thumb.jpg

I'll use this thing for "power infusions" of chemo. It's attached to my jugular :shock: . I know that one thing I need to learn to live with is wasted time in hospitals. I hate that! I was there for four hours yesterday. That's not so bad I guess, but the procedure took only about 45 minutes. I think "it" really kind of hit me when I was wheeled into the cold ass room with all the bright lights. I felt great when I left (happy to be out!) but this thing is sore as hell today.

A buddy told me they moved the CA presale to tomorrow. Fuck!! I have a drs. appt tomorrow afternoon (first dose of radiation). I'll figure something out. "Hey doc, could we take a break while I use your computer?" :lol:

Thanks for all your kind words!!!!!!!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426
    imalive wrote:
    I got my "Power Port" installed yesterday. I stole this picture from the internet. Mine, being a day old, looks much uglier today:

DSC04600.JPG

bard-powerport-thumb.jpg

I'll use this thing for "power infusions" of chemo. It's attached to my jugular :shock: . I know that one thing I need to learn to live with is wasted time in hospitals. I hate that! I was there for four hours yesterday. That's not so bad I guess, but the procedure took only about 45 minutes. I think "it" really kind of hit me when I was wheeled into the cold ass room with all the bright lights. I felt great when I left (happy to be out!) but this thing is sore as hell today.

A buddy told me they moved the CA presale to tomorrow. Fuck!! I have a drs. appt tomorrow afternoon (first dose of radiation). I'll figure something out. "Hey doc, could we take a break while I use your computer?" :lol:

Thanks for all your kind words!!!!!!!
    I'm sure a kind soul will give up their pair so you can make it. That is IF your doc is a dick. :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    I'm sure a kind soul will give up their pair so you can make it. That is IF your doc is a dick. :mrgreen:
    knowing the people around here, I'm sure someone would. But "member must show I.D., blah, blah, blah." I should be able to find someone to log in as me. It'll take my mind of the radiation. I'll be thinking "I'll bet they forgot. I know it, I know it, I know it." :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    knowing the people around here, I'm sure someone would. But "member must show I.D., blah, blah, blah." I should be able to find someone to log in as me. It'll take my mind of the radiation. I'll be thinking "I'll bet they forgot. I know it, I know it, I know it." :lol:
    OH, man. Here I am with a work schedule change but no cash in the bank account. Or I would help you.

Fuck , a missed opportunityt to post a bunch insane shit under somebody else's username. :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:

Fuck , a missed opportunityt to post a bunch insane shit under somebody else's username. :mrgreen:
    good point. when 81 volunteers, I'll say "hell no!" :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

good point. when 81 volunteers, I'll say "hell no!" :lol:
    timeout for the baby!! For real!! :mrgreen:

• Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,963
    Good Luck Rob!!!

Steve D
    I love to turn you on
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,770
    Well I'm a firm believer in prayer, so consider yourself prayed for. :lol:

Good luck to you.
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i'm so sorry to hear this news, and that you're going through this :( you sounds like you have a good attitude though, and know that we'll all be cheering you on here! take good care.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    good luck rob and hope you have a speedy recovery
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Good luck imalive! You are tough and you will fight through this. All the best my friend.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    imalive wrote:
    I know that one thing I need to learn to live with is wasted time in hospitals. I hate that! I was there for four hours yesterday. That's not so bad I guess, but the procedure took only about 45 minutes. I think "it" really kind of hit me when I was wheeled into the cold ass room with all the bright lights. I felt great when I left (happy to be out!) but this thing is sore as hell today.

get an ipad or tablet...at the very least a iphone/android...at least while you're sitting around you can waste time here :P :lol:
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    I know that one thing I need to learn to live with is wasted time in hospitals. I hate that! I was there for four hours yesterday. That's not so bad I guess, but the procedure took only about 45 minutes. I think "it" really kind of hit me when I was wheeled into the cold ass room with all the bright lights. I felt great when I left (happy to be out!) but this thing is sore as hell today.

get an ipad or tablet...at the very least a iphone/android...at least while you're sitting around you can waste time here :P :lol:
    Amen on a mobile device! Having my iTouch at the hospital/ER when my mom was there helped just to pass time between doctor visits and such. You can download books too to read as well :)