Options

I beat Cancer ... I hope :)

Comments

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Hey man ... whenever you need an ear, you can always get in touch.

WHEN this is in your rearviewmirror, come on out to San Fran and I'll treat you to a Giants game.

Vamos Gigantes!!!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    so sorry to hear that Rob :(
    hope all goes well and i wish you the best
    GOOD VIBES and HUGS!!!
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. My thoughts are with you and I'm rooting for a speedy recovery for ya!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Our thoughts are with you. Be strong and think positive, my friend!
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Good luck. Hope all is well
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Rob,

My fellow old person and AARP member, not to mention probably my favorite member on this board! Oh man, what news! I will be thinking about you and praying for you. I agree with what everyone has said about your attitude and I also love it that you're focused on the future. Keep making those plans and you'll be living them.

Ya got a great team, even though they beat mine in the World Series! :P
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Dammit Rob, this news stopped me in the middle of what I was doing and brought some tears to my eyes. Im hiding off to the side so nobody sees me! :D
    You are a special person and helped me A LLLLLLLOT with kindness and encouragement so I plan on returning the favor. Besides, do you REALLY think Gracie is gonna let you......suffer???? :lol:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Sorry to hear that mate, I'll pray for a speedy recovery for you. :)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    I am and will continue to send out good vibes.

Hugs. :)
    Well, fuckers, he still stands.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,465
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    butthole ultrasound

great band! ;) :P
    this is why we love norm :lol:
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

All my good vibes headed your way we're all pulling for you ......To get rid of this poison from your body ......
    pretty sure I know what you'd prescribe... ;)

ps...i had no idea you were that old! :lol:
    few people do. if you had, perhaps you'd have shown me more respect. :? ......nah.
    jimed14 wrote:
    Hey man ... whenever you need an ear, you can always get in touch.

WHEN this is in your rearviewmirror, come on out to San Fran and I'll treat you to a Giants game.

Vamos Gigantes!!!
    you're on!
    SENROCK wrote:
    Dammit Rob, this news stopped me in the middle of what I was doing and brought some tears to my eyes. Im hiding off to the side so nobody sees me! :D
    You are a special person and helped me A LLLLLLLOT with kindness and encouragement so I plan on returning the favor. Besides, do you REALLY think Gracie is gonna let you......suffer???? :lol:
    I don't. Gracie will no doubt aid my recovery. she owes me :lol:

Thanks again to all you kind folks. I'm heading out the door to drink a few cold ones!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,105
    Very sad to read about this. You'll be in my prayers and I'm sending lots of good, positive thoughts your way. We're pulling for you!
  • Options
    Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
    This saddens me greatly to hear this news, but you so obviously are a bad ass and have a great attittude for undertaking this speedbump in the bitch of a road we call life.

You most definately will be in my thoughts prayers. You will pull through it all, I have faith. Sometimes, you just know these things. Hope to meet you down the road!
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    My heart goes out to you and your loved ones.. now take your gloves off and kick this things ass
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I don't really know what to say.

However, my thoughts are with you and your family as you take this journey together.

There is a great documentary on an Irish/Australian footballer called Jim Steynes and his battle. But if anything it shows the determination of an incredible man. It could empower anyone. It is all on youtube...

Stay strong...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Sending good vibes your way, you'll get through it.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Wow.
    Sorry to hear man, but keep the positive attitude, it'll help in the battle.
    I was diagnosed with Lance Armstrong cancer in 2001. Fortunately for me it was stage 1, I've been cancer free for nearly a decade now.
    Your battle will require a little more fight than mine (I didn't have to do chemo, only surgery and radiation), but you can beat this.
    Feel free to PM me at any time if you want to talk. I will gladly lend an ear and any insight I may have.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    imalive wrote:
    I'll end this soul baring on a light note.....when I got the news (one week ago), one of my first thoughts was the EV show I have tickets for. not life, not death...eddie vedder! it should be cool...I'll be between chemo and surgery. and then yesterday, I had the surgeon do the math on when my surgery would be. he said "end of September." I told him I needed to see PJ in Canada. He said we'll put it off until October and then asked "can I go with you?" :lol::lol: hopefully, I'll run into some message pit buddies at the shows.
    Thats kind of funny. I had a very similar situation. When I was diagnosed in 2001, it was a Monday, and U2 was in town to play Tues, Wed, Fri and Saturday.
    I had tix to see the Tues, Fri and Sat. showas and my first thought was about the concerts. I aked when the surgery would be scheduled for and my urologist said it needed to be asap, not the following week as I had hoped. It took place on Friday, and of course i missed Friday night's show. On Wednesday I was in for a pre-op evaluation and the surgical nurse noticed my Irish tan and asked about it, I explained that I had spent the previous afternoon waiting in the U2 GA line. Turns out she was a big music/concert fan and we talked at length about shows. I asked her opinion on whether she thought I could make the saturday show and she said she thought it was a possibility. At any rate, I went to the Saturday night show...my wife thought I was insane, but I explained that it was important for me to not let cancer be in charge and we went along with my buddy and his wife. The following week when I went back for a follow up visit, I saw the nurse in the hall and she asked if I went to the show and I told her yes.
    A couple months later when at an appointment with my oncologist I found out that the surgeon had put in my medical file that I went to see U2 the day after my surgery...so now its on my permanent record.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Sorry to hear this dude.
    I pray you get better and beat this horrible disease.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Poncier wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    I'll end this soul baring on a light note.....when I got the news (one week ago), one of my first thoughts was the EV show I have tickets for. not life, not death...eddie vedder! it should be cool...I'll be between chemo and surgery. and then yesterday, I had the surgeon do the math on when my surgery would be. he said "end of September." I told him I needed to see PJ in Canada. He said we'll put it off until October and then asked "can I go with you?" :lol::lol: hopefully, I'll run into some message pit buddies at the shows.
    Thats kind of funny. I had a very similar situation. When I was diagnosed in 2001, it was a Monday, and U2 was in town to play Tues, Wed, Fri and Saturday.
    I had tix to see the Tues, Fri and Sat. showas and my first thought was about the concerts. I aked when the surgery would be scheduled for and my urologist said it needed to be asap, not the following week as I had hoped. It took place on Friday, and of course i missed Friday night's show. On Wednesday I was in for a pre-op evaluation and the surgical nurse noticed my Irish tan and asked about it, I explained that I had spent the previous afternoon waiting in the U2 GA line. Turns out she was a big music/concert fan and we talked at length about shows. I asked her opinion on whether she thought I could make the saturday show and she said she thought it was a possibility. At any rate, I went to the Saturday night show...my wife thought I was insane, but I explained that it was important for me to not let cancer be in charge and we went along with my buddy and his wife. The following week when I went back for a follow up visit, I saw the nurse in the hall and she asked if I went to the show and I told her yes.
    A couple months later when at an appointment with my oncologist I found out that the surgeon had put in my medical file that I went to see U2 the day after my surgery...so now its on my permanent record.
    That's awesome.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    VinylGirlVinylGirl Posts: 551
    Sorry to hear this, it really sucks! Hang in there, you have a lot of
    people out here pullin for you. XO
  • Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Jeeezz!! :shock:

All the best Rob. Good vibes from the whole brood here bud.

Not too many people can say that they have a dog that knows what you're going through.

Sending good vibes to you wife. She's going to need them too!!

Really!!!.........................The butthole!?!?!?!? So you knew something was up when Gracie
    continually sniffed your butt?

Seriously all the best.
    Keep your chin up and enjoy the little things.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,779
    Yo, buddy. Have to send some well wishes here. I mean someone's gotta keep that Giants thread going right? Sorry to hear, but all the best for you. Stay strong, bud.
  • Options
    BubbaBubba Posts: 630
    Man,so sorry to hear this. Best wishes to you and hoping for the best for you. Will keep you in my prayers.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Hang in there, buddy. I'm sure you've lived and are living an awesome life, you seem like an awesome person.. We're all heading to the same place, just stay positive... It's all state of mind. :)
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,915
    Hugs and good vibes being sent to you and your family.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249
    Hi Rob,
    I -just like a lot of people on here- don't know you in person and just read your posts from time to time. But reading this post just now actually brought me to tears. And this not because of your diagnosis (which is terrible of course!) but because of your enormous positive attitude and your way to smack right in the face of this damn cancer! This is the way to go and I am sure you will get along very well even it might get a tough fight. As someone already said, what is a year of struggle and fighting compared to the rest of your life happy and healthy with your loved ones?! Good luck and all the best wishes to you :)

Yvonne
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,779
    :o :shock: :(

and then we get the humor from the usual suspects. Including you young man. Now go hit your bong!!!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I am so, so sorry to hear this.

You seem such a nice guy from previous things I've seen you post.

I'm not a person who prays to any kind of god, but I will send you lots of positive thoughts.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Hi Rob,
    Don't know how I missed this thread, but
    I'm so sorry to hear about this.

Try and look to the positive-
    first from what youve said
    you have a wonderful wife and support structure;
    ( this goes a LONG way )
    that it was localized,
    hadnt gone to the lymph nodes, and you caught it .

Best of luck with your treatments , and subsequent surgery.
    Be strong and you'll endure,..
    I too have health issues and one thing I have come to realize
    is that the body follows the mind .
    Remain positive and Best Of Luck !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Rob,
    Huge amounts of positive thought heading your way my friend.
    I work here in the UK scrutinising the NHS here, I went to the chemotherapy unit at my local hospital yesterday as a visit. I was overwhelmed by the positivity of the patients and the nursing staff. They've redesigned the unit recently, patients have huge reclining armchairs to sit in, the wards have a cosy yet bright and airy feel to them. It was a truely humbling visit, and the patients were amazing.
    Stay strong and if you need support, you know where we all are
    :D
    Leanne
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii.