Options

Hotel Tips for Toronto etc....

Comments

• Options
    northern spiritnorthern spirit I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream Posts: 188
    for anyone looking for a great deal, just booked westin harbor castle on priceline. accepted my bid of $141.00 per night for sept. 11 and 12. great deal for a beautiful hotel considering some of the crazy rates floating around due to tiff. also, a very quick walk to acc. cheers!
    1993 08-18 Toronto ON CNE w/ Neil Young, Soundgarden
    1998 08-22 Barrie ON Molson Park
    2003 05-02 Buffalo NY HSBC, 06-28 Toronto ON Molson Amp.
    2004 10-02 Toledo OH Vote For Change w/ Neil Young
    2005 09-19 Toronto ON ACC, 09-13 Hamilton ON Copps, 09-11 Kitchener ON Memorial Gardens
    2006 05-10 Toronto ON ACC, 05-09 Toronto ON ACC
    2007 EV 09-11 Toronto ON Body of War TIFF Screening Isabel Bader Theatre - Grateful to have met Ed!!
    2008 EV 08-12 Toronto ON Massey Hall
    2009 08-21 Toronto ON Molson Amp.
    2010 05-10 Buffalo NY HSBC
    2011 09-15 Hamilton ON Copps, 09-11 Toronto ON ACC, 09-12 Toronto ON ACC,
    2011 EV 06-26 Detroit MI Fox Theatre
    2013 10-12 Buffalo NY First Niagara, 07-16 London ON Bud Gardens
    2016 05-10, 05-12 Toronto ON ACC
    2022 09-06 Hamilton ON First Ontario Centre
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    I'm in at The Westin .
    Sept 11 and 12th .
    The thing that hooked me was 2 blocks from the ACC,
    no car with me for this trip.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,148
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    I'm in at The Westin .
    Sept 11 and 12th .

Good choice Andy ....we stayed there when we saw PJ in 09 it was great value for the location .......it’s also only a few blocks away from the Skydome .....if the Jays are in town and you want to catch a game
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    i booked today at the

Isabella hotel - $202.92

and the The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto - $562
    trying to get a best rate price match on this one

thoughts on these?
    I'm late to this thread so I dont know if you booked yet or not....
    i stayed at the Westin in 09 as well...
    I paid $60/nt thru priceline!!
    Don't mean to cut mr.merkinball's grass, but no one can compete with priceline....foolish to book elsewhere if you aren't dead set on a specific hotel.
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    for anyone looking for a great deal, just booked westin harbor castle on priceline. accepted my bid of $141.00 per night for sept. 11 and 12. great deal for a beautiful hotel considering some of the crazy rates floating around due to tiff. also, a very quick walk to acc. cheers!
    ah! Ok, forget my last post :lol:
  • Options
    cindbricindbri Posts: 88
    Anyone have an opinion on the Novotel? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    cindbri wrote:
    Anyone have an opinion on the Novotel? Thanks in advance.

it's pretty much as close as you can get to the venues ... pretty good accessibility to the rest of the downtown ... some decent restaurants and bars around there ... close to the lake if you wanted to take a stroll there or ferry over to the islands ...

as for the rooms themselves - never stayed there but i would think they are nice ...
  • Options
    State of MindState of Mind Posts: 281
    Does anyone know what the parking situation is like? I checked on the Air Canada Center website and it said that there is pubic parking around the arena. Would this be lots that you can park in for the night?

Thanks
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    I'm in at The Westin .
    Sept 11 and 12th .

Good choice Andy ....we stayed there when we saw PJ in 09 it was great value for the location .......it’s also only a few blocks away from the Skydome .....if the Jays are in town and you want to catch a game

Since there are no Yankees or even Mets involved here,
    any free time will be spent at the Hockey HOF, I assure you.
    ;)
    :thumbup:

are you going to toronto?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    4soup4soup Posts: 17
    not sure if anyone posted this yet, but if you stay uptown along the Yonge subway, you'll probably find a better rate than anywhere downtown: the novotel at yonge and sheppard is nice, and there's lots of good restaurants in the area. From there it's a straight shot 20 minute subway ride to the acc and you wont have any film festival traffic. Otherwise, we have room on our couch (if you dont mind sharing with a big german shepherd :D )
  • Options
    MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    Does anyone know what the parking situation is like? I checked on the Air Canada Center website and it said that there is pubic parking around the arena. Would this be lots that you can park in for the night?

Thanks
    Event parking will be $30 minimum in all the lots around the ACC
  • Options
    MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    i booked today at the

Isabella hotel - $202.92

and the The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto - $562
    trying to get a best rate price match on this one

thoughts on these?
    I'm late to this thread so I dont know if you booked yet or not....
    i stayed at the Westin in 09 as well...
    I paid $60/nt thru priceline!!
    Don't mean to cut mr.merkinball's grass, but no one can compete with priceline....foolish to book elsewhere if you aren't dead set on a specific hotel.

If you can get Priceline - take it!!! Soon Priceline won't be an option.

I am thrilled to see some of you guys get some rates that are reasonable.
  • Options

Thanks

parking is really expensive but if you park on esplanade you can get it for cheap. I believe the novotel hotel is also there and the parking garage is usually 5.00 also. it is maybe a 5-10 minute walk.
  • Options
    dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479

Thanks

there is tons of parking around the acc. i wouldn't be worried about finding a lot.

you''ll be looking at $20 or so to park.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    A small hint - if you're going to take the subway, and buying individual tokens, also buy your return token BEFORE the show. Then you can sail past all the people in line who didn't buy return tokens after the show.

Even if you drive to Toronto, it is probably cheaper and easier to then take the subway to the show because you don't have to deal with driving traffic.

I've stayed at the Delta Chelsea many times - it is very nice. Its like a 2 block walk to the College station and then a short ride to Union near the ACC. Plus there's a Pizza Pizza open late very near for cheap food near the hotel. Also around the corner there's a vegetarian/vegan place. I wish I was going!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,652
    JaneNY wrote:
    A small hint - if you're going to take the subway, and buying individual tokens, also buy your return token BEFORE the show. Then you can sail past all the people in line who didn't buy return tokens after the show.

Ha ha ha... that is very good advice... there is always a huge lineup to buy tokens at Union after any event at the ACC...

Another hint - TTC tokens are cheaper if you buy them in a lot of 5 or 10 at a time.... last time I was there it used to save you a quarter or 50 cents a token... don't know what it's like now...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies about the parking, I appreciate the help. :D
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959

Thanks

there is a cheap lot in the area, $6 if you park after 5pm. walking distance to the venue. it's where i always park for leafs games, jays games and concerts in the area.

I would however suggest public transportation since downtown toronto traffic can be deadly for those not conditioned to it.
  • Options

Thanks

there is a cheap lot in the area, $6 if you park after 5pm. walking distance to the venue. it's where i always park for leafs games, jays games and concerts in the area.

I would however suggest public transportation since downtown toronto traffic can be deadly for those not conditioned to it.

probably the same lot that I am talking about.
  • Options

Thanks

probably the same lot that I am talking about.

oh wow, i seem to have read every post except for yours. my bad, it's definitely the same lot you mentioned.
  • Options
    it's all good. I'm just shocked more people don't know about it considering there are 3 lots right there with the same price
  • Options
    it's all good. I'm just shocked more people don't know about it considering there are 3 lots right there with the same price

three lots? i only knew the one, but it's always been good for me anyway. it's downtown's best kept secret, i suppose.
  • Options

three lots? i only knew the one, but it's always been good for me anyway. it's downtown's best kept secret, i suppose.

yeah all on esplanade. the one which is across from the keg. I believe it is the novotel. then the one where you get a ticket and you have to pay at a pay station before exiting and then their is one right before that
  • Options
    tacettacet Posts: 323
    you really need to watch the parking - it will be inflated - and the last time I headed to the ACC there were condos where the parking lots used to be!

I'm pretty sure I will take the subway - I'm not sure if they'll have the all night service during the festival

it's a great town to walk anyway - and the streets are going to be packed so anything south of Dundas or even college will be safe to foot it no matter how late you head back

I would seriously check the schedule at the rogers center - anything going on there is going to make driving insane - last year we tried to drive downtown during the festival and it took an hour to do a 5 minute drive -

whatever you end up doing though it's going to be a great time - I love the city during TIFF!
    we're all sentient snowflakes
  • Options

yeah all on esplanade. the one which is across from the keg. I believe it is the novotel. then the one where you get a ticket and you have to pay at a pay station before exiting and then their is one right before that

Ok, I will look for these lots. I have to drive cuz I am leaving right after the show, gotta work Monday night!

Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,102
    I was looking into a bed and breakfast. I found one half the price of a hotel and within walking distance of the ACC, so I'm considering that.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Here are the address for the parking lot:

St. Lawrence Garage
    2 Church Street
    Toronto M5E 1Z3

I doubt the tiff will affect the price as this isn't really anywhere near any events.
  • Options
    kdizzle.deliokdizzle.delio Posts: 292
    ill be coming from Hamilton so ill just be taking the GO train or bus to Union Station and going from there, i will be buying a day pass that is also available for i think pretty cheap like $15 dollars if i remember correctly. best thing is i get to do this on both the 11th and 12th. :D:D:D
    "I want to Rock & Roll all night, and part of everyday"
    Sept.11/05 Kitchener, Ontario
    May 10/10 Buffalo, New York
    Sept.11 & Sept 12/2011, Toronto, Ontario
    Sept. 15/11 Hamilton, Ontario
    Oct. 12/13 Buffalo, New York
    Oct 16/14 Detroit, Michigan
    May 10/16 Toronto, Ontario
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,148
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    I'm in at The Westin .
    Sept 11 and 12th .

Since there are no Yankees or even Mets involved here,
    any free time will be spent at the Hockey HOF, I assure you.
    ;)
    :thumbup:

are you going to toronto?

No I'm passing on TO this time around .......between Canuck playoff tickets, catching PJ and Soundgarden in Vancouver, and a new baby due in June .......my entertainment dollars have streched! You will enjoy the show TO PJ crowds are great
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    mudhoney_253mudhoney_253 Posts: 135

If you would like advice about any hotels dowtown (price/value/reputation/location etc) post here and I will let you know. I am not going to steer you towards my hotel - that's not cool (plus we will be full anyway).

Cheers

Jon

Hey Jon -
    Thanks for the advice. I reserved a room at THE FAIRMONT ROYAL YORK (185.74 USD/night) about a month ago. What do you think about this property? I was curious if there are nice areas to stay outside the city that have easy access to downtown via subway. Any thoughts or ideas you might have would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!