*BUGS AMONGST THE WAVES* Help us to help each other!

Comments

• DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Pap wrote:
    DURP wrote:
    Will Giada be our chef? And will she be topless while cooking?

If you mean Giada De Laurentiis, I can find us a much more beautiful Italian girl as our companionship. Not necessarily a chef. ;)

Then i will never be coming back to the U.S if that is the case.
    My butt itches!
  • PapPap Posts: 28,751
    DURP wrote:
    Pap wrote:
    DURP wrote:
    Will Giada be our chef? And will she be topless while cooking?

If you mean Giada De Laurentiis, I can find us a much more beautiful Italian girl as our companionship. Not necessarily a chef. ;)

Then i will never be coming back to the U.S if that is the case.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • CHANGE THE SUBJECT, BUMP!!

Giada? REALLLLY, Mike? barf. that woman has arms like a t-rex and a smile like "The Mask"....her voice is even annoying
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
    CHANGE THE SUBJECT, BUMP!!

Giada? REALLLLY, Mike? barf. that woman has arms like a t-rex and a smile like "The Mask"....her voice is even annoying

Yeah i Like T-rex (see Columbus OH poster 2010) and i like the movie The Mask so it all works out for me.
    My butt itches!
    DURP wrote:

Yeah i Like T-rex (see Columbus OH poster 2010) and i like the movie The Mask so it all works out for me.
    :lol:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247

I had to look her up because I have never seen her before, I'm with you Kel!
    tumblr_llfr5hkc9a1qiewldo1_500.gif
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Loulou wrote:

I had to look her up because I have never seen her before, I'm with you Kel!
    tumblr_llfr5hkc9a1qiewldo1_500.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    RIGHT?!?!
    See Mike?!! WE WIN!

OMG that video is so funny!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

one of the many reasons I love some Lorna--she is excellent at visuals!! :lol::lol::D
    Thanks for the laugh girl!! :lol::lol::mrgreen:
    Makes much more sense...

2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.

one of the many reasons I love some Lorna--she is excellent at visuals!! :lol::lol::D
    :lol: :thumbup:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,616
    Loulou wrote:

:lol: :thumbup:

Yeah- makes my "Spiders" thread look tame! :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux wrote:

Which thread is that Brian? Speaking of spiders, did you see the bloody great big one I woke up to on my pillow the other morning? :o :shock:
    GorgeWildlife-PJposter005-1.jpg

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Loulou wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

Which thread is that Brian? Speaking of spiders, did you see the bloody great big one I woke up to on my pillow the other morning? :o :shock:

It's here, Lorna: http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.ph ... it=spiders

Wow, these threads move down the line fast!

YIKES- on your pillow no less (shudder!!) I actually like spiders but we mostly have friendly, wimpy little guys around here. My only really bad spider experience was lying in bed one time on my back reading when suddenly, on the other side of my book I heard and felt a slight -thump!- moved the book aside and..

YEEEEAAYYEEEE!!! BORIS- GET OFF O' ME... NOW!!!!! :shock: ... :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux wrote:
    Loulou wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

It's here, Lorna: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=171217&hilit=spiders

Wow, these threads move down the line fast!

YIKES- on your pillow no less (shudder!!) I actually like spiders but we mostly have friendly, wimpy little guys around here. My only really bad spider experience was lying in bed one time on my back reading when suddenly, on the other side of my book I heard and felt a slight -thump!- moved the book aside and..

YEEEEAAYYEEEE!!! BORIS- GET OFF O' ME... NOW!!!!! :shock: ... :lol:
    :lol::lol::lol: Boris! I love that!
    Cool thread! I'm not usually scared of spiders but that one did scare the crap out of me. Like Cate said in your thread, we have some very deadly spiders here so you can't be too careful. :? :)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Loulou wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol: Boris! I love that!
    Cool thread! I'm not usually scared of spiders but that one did scare the crap out of me. Like Cate said in your thread, we have some very deadly spiders here so you can't be too careful. :? :)

Yes, I've heard about your 8-legged Australian friends! :shock: I might have a slightly different view point of them if I lived there. ;)

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    Loulou wrote:
    What about this gentleman as our pilot?
    Dave-Grohl.gif
    morning, y'all.

that there ^^^^ was one of the better videos of all time.

thanks for everything you guys have done for me :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Loulou wrote:
    What about this gentleman as our pilot?
    Dave-Grohl.gif
    morning, y'all.

that there ^^^^ was one of the better videos of all time.

thanks for everything you guys have done for me :mrgreen:
    That video cracks me up everytime! :lol: Your more than welcome Rob. :D

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    If any Ohio State Fans want a Buckeye necklace let me know i am sellin some on ebay but will take orders on here from you awesome people. I got all the Buckeyes from my front and back yard cleaned them and polished them with my dremmel. The string is 100% hemp string and i add think happy thoughts while making them.
    Ones with red and silver beads and pink and white will finshed today thanks.
    My butt itches!
    DURP wrote:
    If any Ohio State Fans want a Buckeye necklace let me know i am sellin some on ebay but will take orders on here from you awesome people. I got all the Buckeyes from my front and back yard cleaned them and polished them with my dremmel. The string is 100% hemp string and i add think happy thoughts while making them.
    Don't laugh....but what is a Buckeye? :)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    DURP wrote:

What a cool idea! I love Buckeys! -but I'll let DURP explain, Lorna, since it's his post... (then I'll ask a question about the Ohio variety ;) )

Loulou wrote:
    DURP wrote:

It's a nut that falls off of a Buckeye tree. The nuts are tough and if you plant them they can grow into Buckeye trees. When the tree is in adulthood it is a very tough tree and provides a good amount of shade. At my parents house we have one in the front yard and it has been hit by lighting twice and still keeps blooming and producing.

Oh and it's the state tree of Ohio.
    My butt itches!
    DURP wrote:
    Loulou wrote:
    DURP wrote:

It's a nut that falls off of a Buckeye tree. The nuts are tough and if you plant them they can grow into Buckeye trees. When the tree is in adulthood it is a very tough tree and provides a good amount of shade. At my parents house we have one in the front yard and it has been hit by lighting twice and still keeps blooming and producing.

Great tree! I grew one in a big clay planting pot when I was a kid.

My question: Here in California, the buckeye leaves turn brown sometime in August- way before any of our other deciduous trees. Does the same happen elsewhere?

The nuts on the trees here are probably similar- a little smaller than a gold ball with a smooth reddish finish. Very cool tree.

Sounds like a pretty cool tree, thanks for explaining that to me. :)

While getting some awesome responses for our current project, it made me realise that I didn't show everyone the card for Ava! :roll: I made her a little stickman 'princess' that she could change the clothes on, she had dresses and a Pearl Jam t-shirt. The messages were inside on sunflowers that folded up .Sorry folks, I found some pics of the front cover:
    IMG_3645-1.jpg
    IMG_3642-1.jpg

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Loulou wrote:

While getting some awesome responses for our current project, it made me realise that I didn't show everyone the card for Ava! :roll: I made her a little stickman 'princess' that she could change the clothes on, she had dresses and a Pearl Jam t-shirt. The messages were inside on sunflowers that folded up .Sorry folks, I found some pics of the front cover:
    IMG_3645-1.jpg
    IMG_3642-1.jpg

SWEET! Nice job, Lorna!! :D

• tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    brianlux wrote:
    Loulou wrote:

IMG_3645-1.jpg
    IMG_3642-1.jpg

SWEET! Nice job, Lorna!! :D

Yeah, that looks brilliant.
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
    Awww thanks guys. It just dawned on me that I had shown the rest of the BATW guys but forgot to show everyone else. Thanks for the encouraging words. Much appreciated. :)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Loulou wrote:
    Awww thanks guys. It just dawned on me that I had shown the rest of the BATW guys but forgot to show everyone else. Thanks for the encouraging words. Much appreciated. :)

Lorna is awesome!!!!
    Very creative!
    Bugaboo--post the pics of Robs card if you have them handy too? Or when I get home I will link up the ones from Rob's thread.

Should I post the birthday card you made me? :lol: I love that thing!! Its on my fridge at home now :)
    Makes much more sense...

edited October 2011
    Loulou wrote:

Lorna is awesome!!!!
    Very creative!
    Bugaboo--post the pics of Robs card if you have them handy too? Or when I get home I will link up the ones from Rob's thread.

Should I post the birthday card you made me? :lol: I love that thing!! Its on my fridge at home now :)
    Oh yeah okay! Sounds good. :) Thanks Kel, that's nice. :oops:
    Post edited by Loulou on

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Rob's Card Front/Back Cover
    IMG_3580-1.jpg
    Inside Message on fake polaroids and playing cards
    IMG_3577-1.jpg
    IMG_3576-1-1.jpg

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    cool stuff!
    My butt itches!
    Loulou wrote:
    IMG_3645-1.jpg
    IMG_3642-1.jpg

Bravo! :clap:
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    DURP wrote:

from my youth, I remember they were about the best ammo ever for a slingshot :lol:
    Loulou wrote:

IMG_3645-1.jpg
    IMG_3642-1.jpg
    very nice, crafty lady! :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12