*BUGS AMONGST THE WAVES* Help us to help each other!

Comments

• LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Naawwww shucks guys! :oops: Thanks. ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Ive been kinda MIA around here this weekend....out of town and other shennanigans....
    but Im glad you posted all the card pics Lorna!! They are really, really one of a kind and I am sure they are extremely special to the recipients :) I know I LOVE mine!!! :D

Some of you may or may not have received a PM from me or an email from the BATW crew in the past week or so---but for those that have not, if anyone out there is interested in helping out a fellow 10-clubber in our current project (not posted anywhere on the boards as its still in the top secret stage :mrgreen:), please PM me for details :)
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,616
    Ive been kinda MIA around here this weekend....out of town and other shennanigans....
    but Im glad you posted all the card pics Lorna!! They are really, really one of a kind and I am sure they are extremely special to the recipients :) I know I LOVE mine!!! :D

Some of you may or may not have received a PM from me or an email from the BATW crew in the past week or so---but for those that have not, if anyone out there is interested in helping out a fellow 10-clubber in our current project (not posted anywhere on the boards as its still in the top secret stage :mrgreen:), please PM me for details :)

Yeah, definitely worth checking out- good job Kelly and BUGS crew! :thumbup:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Ive been kinda MIA around here this weekend....out of town and other shennanigans....

If the site were really secure it would be in the double secret stage :mrgreen:
    My butt itches!
    My latest bug adventure- (hey, any excuse to bump BATW, right? ;) )

Today a cricket took up residence in the living room. I dubbed him Mr. Hopster! :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Tomorrow- turning the keys over to the step-kids, hoping the place is in one piece when we get back and taking off for a fall camping trip. Last Bump for a bit, BUGS friends. Be good (or, well, ok, at least have fun! :D )

:lol::lol: Good Luck Brian have fun!!
    brianlux wrote:
    Tomorrow- turning the keys over to the step-kids, hoping the place is in one piece when we get back and taking off for a fall camping trip. Last Bump for a bit, BUGS friends. Be good (or, well, ok, at least have fun! :D )
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Whooo Hoooo fall camping
    My butt itches!
    Hello All! Thought this thread needed a bump. Hope everyone is well. :wave: :D

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    B. U. G. S Bump
    My butt itches!
    My last post on my first full day back home MUST be BATW bump. Six nights of crickets in the forest, bee flies checking out my morning coffee and the world's friendliest yellow jackets. BUGS! :D

Bump!!

Crickets piss me off with thier cricketing and stuff.
    My butt itches!
    :lol::lol::lol: I KNOW, HOW DARE THEY!!!! :evil:
    DURP wrote:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • DURP wrote:

Hahahha Mike I can picture you saying that :lol:

Lorna, didn't you think our crickets were actually coming from speakers in the trees? Something like that?
    Hahaha!! :D
    Makes much more sense...

2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    DURP wrote:
    these guys? :shock:

Buddy-Holly-Crickets.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    DURP wrote:

Lorna, didn't you think our crickets were actually coming from speakers in the trees? Something like that?

SPEAKERS IN THE TREES! HAHAHAHAHA!! :lol::lol::lol:

I should try to see my current left ear hearing disaster as something funny like that to keep from crying! :cry: ... :lol:
    Thanks, KP, I needed that today! :D
    B.

DURP wrote:

Yeah i rule don't i
    My butt itches!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I sitting there, minding my own business and having a Chicago hotdog (the one with the pickles and stuff) and I heard the freakin loudest bloody crickets I have ever heard in my life! There just happened to be a speaker at the side of this park Cafe and I thought it was coming from the speaker! :lol::lol::lol:
    I know....that sounds really f-ing dumb now I think about it.... :? :lol::lol::lol:

Then Kelly told me they were some scary, bloody mutating Cicadas and I thought bloody hell, they could have attacked me at anytime! Thanks for the warning Kel, I COULD HAVE BEEN EATEN ALIVE!!!! :o :shock:
    DURP wrote:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • imalive wrote:
    these guys?

you are dating yourself. careful there!! :lol:
    brianlux wrote:
    Thanks, KP, I needed that today!

You are welcome, as always :) Lorna was so cute when she told me the story. Her and her husband were looking at me like I'd gone mad when I told them about the cicadas covering the trees with thier shells.
    Loulou wrote:
    Then Kelly told me they were some scary, bloody mutating Cicadas and I thought bloody hell, they could have attacked me at anytime! Thanks for the warning Kel, I COULD HAVE BEEN EATEN ALIVE!!!!

See this link: (and show Micheal :D:D)
    http://www.insectidentification.org/cicada-molting-process.asp
    DURP wrote:
    Yeah i rule don't i

Yes sir, you do!! :) Feeling better I hope? I was going to text you earlier but I didnt want to wake you up. Nice fucking halloween avatar too!! :lol:
    Makes much more sense...

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH! :o
    I was within centimetres of THOSE! :shock: :lol::lol::lol:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Feeling a little better. My new job said to wait till Mon to come in and see if its something i can do or not. Yeah Stacey did a great job on my make up that year. Can't do it this year which sucks but thats ok.
    My butt itches!
  • DURP wrote:
    Feeling a little better. My new job said to wait till Mon to come in and see if its something i can do or not. Yeah Stacey did a great job on my make up that year. Can't do it this year which sucks but thats ok.

Im really excited to hear how Monday goes! Be sure to get good rest and stay positive!! :D
    Makes much more sense...

With finger crossed and nerves jumping, I'm off to the audiologist to find out what's wrong with my left ear. I hope it's not all "Dynamic Mono" instead of "Realistic Stereo" (thank you, Paul Westerberg) from here on out! :lol:

• brianlux wrote:
    With finger crossed and nerves jumping, I'm off to the audiologist to find out what's wrong with my left ear. I hope it's not all "Dynamic Mono" instead of "Realistic Stereo" (thank you, Paul Westerberg) from here on out! :lol:

I hope it all goes/went well Brian!! Keep us posted!
    xoxo
    Makes much more sense...

brianlux wrote:
    Good luck Brian! :thumbup:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Thanks Kelly and Lorna. :) My doc said, "Come back in two weeks for more tests". Wouldn't ya know... :(
    He says if my left side hearing is off enough from the last test a few years ago I'll need an MRI... and then said something about checking for an acoustic neuroma. I'm putting my money it being just an aging ear thing and it's all gonna work out fine.

On the way home I listened to Yield and you know, it's all good. :)

brianlux wrote:
    On the way home I listened to Yield and you know, it's all good. :)
    That's the spirit mate, I have terrible hearing but I think that's from standing in front of way too many speakers when I was young and dumb. :lol:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Hi there folks!
    Bill recently recieved his card so I thought you guys might like to take a look at what is turned out like. Bill is a Cleveland Browns fan so I tried to incorporate a little PJ and a little Browns into it.
    Front
    BillsCardfini001.jpg
    Inside Message The little elf in the corner was their previous mascott in the 50's I believe, I gave him a Ten Club hat and PJ vans. ;)
    BillsCardfini005-2.jpg
    Club Messages
    BillsCardfini003-2.jpg
    Back
    BillsCardfini006-2.jpg

Thanks for PMing me all your lovely messages and thanks to Haydenism for letting me make this card for Bill. Hope you guys liked it. :D

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • KatyzKatyz Posts: 838
    The cards etc for Bill are brilliant...so sorry I didn't get to it..not that I don't care...just things are going at a strange pace for us lately. Don, let me know about my question for our little friend.
    Katyz wrote:
    The cards etc for Bill are brilliant...so sorry I didn't get to it..not that I don't care...just things are going at a strange pace for us lately. Don, let me know about my question for our little friend.
    Katyz, you are a sweetie, don't feel bad at all. ;):D

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2