Options

*BUGS AMONGST THE WAVES* Help us to help each other!

1212223242527»

Comments

• Options
    How about a food drive to help out those who have little or none.
    Indianapolis, Indiana 11-24-1991 East Troy, Wisconsin 08-29-1992 West Lafayette, Indiana 03-17-1994 Milwaukee, Wisconsin 07-09-1995 Chicago, Illinois 07-11-1995 East Troy, Wisconsin 06-26-1998 Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-2000 Chicago, Illinois 09-23-2002 Noblesville, Indiana 06-22-2003 Toledo, Ohio 10-02-2004 Chicago, Illinois 10-05-2005 Grand Rapids, MI 05-19-2006 Chicago, Illinois 08-02-2007 Chicago, Illinois 08-23-2009 Noblesville, Indiana 05-07-2010 East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Hey that's a lovely idea! Think we should definitely look into doing this! :thumbup:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
    Loulou wrote:
    Hey that's a lovely idea! Think we should definitely look into doing this! :thumbup:
    Yes! How could we make this work?

p.s. Lovely photo, Loulou, but isn't it still summer Down Under? :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux wrote:
    Loulou wrote:

Hehehe :)
    Yes and it's BOILING! HEEEELLLLP! :o:lol:
    This was taken in Christchurch New Zealand actually. Never gets cold enough here for a jacket like that. ;) well spotted! :D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,076
    Lorna you and Michael are so cute!! :) great pic, mate!

I'm all for a new project! Food drives are great but would be expensive if we did anything other than in our own communities. In the past we have raised money for gift cards to local grocers for those in need around here. That would probably be logistically easier?

If anyone knows of a recipient who we might be able to help, let us know! :)
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Lorna you and Michael are so cute!! :) great pic, mate!

I'm all for a new project! Food drives are great but would be expensive if we did anything other than in our own communities. In the past we have raised money for gift cards to local grocers for those in need around here. That would probably be logistically easier?

If anyone knows of a recipient who we might be able to help, let us know! :)
    Thanks Kel! :D had great time in NZ very nice people, it's sad that Christchurch has had such a rough time. :(
    Yeah I think your right, it would be logistically easier. ;)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    brianlux wrote:
    Loulou wrote:

Just throwing out ideas here, but a torrent site I use did a food drive contest thing last month. The way they did it was they had users go drop off food at a food bank or whatever and they needed to take a picture of the food that they took, and hold up a sign in front of it with their username written on it to verify they actually did it. For each can or box of food that they donated they got their name put into a hat for a drawing of whatever the prizes were. So if we could come up with some prizes we could use this approach if you guys like the idea.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    Just throwing out ideas here, but a torrent site I use did a food drive contest thing last month. The way they did it was they had users go drop off food at a food bank or whatever and they needed to take a picture of the food that they took, and hold up a sign in front of it with their username written on it to verify they actually did it. For each can or box of food that they donated they got their name put into a hat for a drawing of whatever the prizes were. So if we could come up with some prizes we could use this approach if you guys like the idea.

This is a great idea! Sounds pretty cut & dry. If I can help at all, please don't hesitate.
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • Options
    Hey everyone!
    Hope everyone is fighting fit and happy! Just thought I would help to bring more attention to this thread that Suziemay has started. Great cause folks, check it out!!!!! :D

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=183252

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    Loulou wrote:
    Hey everyone!
    Hope everyone is fighting fit and happy! Just thought I would help to bring more attention to this thread that Suziemay has started. Great cause folks, check it out!!!!! :D

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... 4&t=183252

Job well done, Suziemay. Bump Loulou's post- this is well worth checking out. :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    BUMP
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,664
    Hey Kelly! Is your inbox full? I have 3 PM's for you that won't send. :?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,076
    imalive wrote:

:wave:
    I just haven't been on in 10 days or so:)

Anyone that had sent me a PM, bear with me....I had 28 messages to go thru and respond to so it may take a while.

Hope all my friends here are well! :D
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    imalive wrote:

Anyone that had sent me a PM, bear with me....I had 28 messages to go thru and respond to so it may take a while.

Hope all my friends here are well! :D

• Options

WHAT???????? :shock: :wtf: :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    What a wonderful idea!! Count me in. Whatever I can do to help, just let me know.

:clap: :thumbup: :-D
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Eddie is Hot?
    EEEWWW
    Maybe most of you?
    Jeff...
  • Options
    troysp1troysp1 Posts: 412
    To the top BUMP! What a great community we all belong to - thank you to the board members for putting this together.
  • Options
    this is a great thread. I was just thinking of kelly the other day and wondering if BATW was still doing their good work.

well......are they? :?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    imalive wrote:
    this is a great thread. I was just thinking of kelly the other day and wondering if BATW was still doing their good work.

We are always helping members but not always as the collective group that started BATW up. We ran into issues of trying to become "legal" in the sense of taking donations but the cost was way to much. Some of us got busy with work and I came down with health issues of my own.

I know Kelly is and has always helped when ever she could. She is a great girl. Jo has done the same from what I have seen and she is always looking to help people anyway she could.

Maybe we will have a encore in the near future :)

Yes we are still "Alive" riding like Bugs Amongst The Waves in this world we call life
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    I will help, anyway I can help I will, this is the best thread ever, even though I could use assistance myself, I have been clean and sober for 9 years, unfortunately as someone who got addicted to meth, my teeth have paid the price, ironically, it was going to a Pearl Jam concert in 2006 that changed my life, even though I had seen them 11 times between 1993 and 1998 and they were my favorite band, I got sidetracked in life, got into the wrong relationship, but I am not going to bore anyone with the details of that, anyway I need to get all my teeth pulled and a set of dentures, pieces of my teeth break off almost weely at this point if anyone knows a dentist that could provide dental services at a discounted rate, the lowest quote I have gotten is $4000 which is out of my price range and I have no insurance, because I shot up the meth the impact on my teeth wasn't immediate and it is only years later as the chemicals work their way out of my body and yes the teeth are the easiest escape route for the chemicals to exit so essentially for the last decade my teeth have been rotting from the inside out and the chemicals in many toothpastes and mouthwash can cause negative chemical reactions with the ingredients for the meth, so the total damage is just now being realized. I realize it was my fault for getting into drugs, but I have been clean (I do smoke an joint every now and then, but no hard drugs) but being clean and never being able to smile because you know the reaction it will get is only a partial victory. It is hard to come forth and admit all this, but if my story helps anyone out, even a little bit, then it is worth telling it, anyway, let me know anyway I can help, and if anyone knows any dentists that could help, I can get the time off of work and I would drive there, thanks for taking time to read this, thanks
  • Options
    dwhite76 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

We are always helping members but not always as the collective group that started BATW up. We ran into issues of trying to become "legal" in the sense of taking donations but the cost was way to much. Some of us got busy with work and I came down with health issues of my own.

I know Kelly is and has always helped when ever she could. She is a great girl. Jo has done the same from what I have seen and she is always looking to help people anyway she could.

Yes we are still "Alive" riding like Bugs Amongst The Waves in this world we call life
    I was thinking about this the other day. Would love to help again. ;) I have been a little busy with Purple Day for epilepsy recently. Looking at raising some awareness through a giveaway in the next few days as well as a kids giveaway too with some cute Purple Day merch.
    Big Hank, may I just say that your inspirational, it's not every day that you hear about people who kicked habits like yours for good. You should be incredibly proud of yourself. ;)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    Loulou wrote:
    dwhite76 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

I was thinking about this the other day. Would love to help again. ;) I have been a little busy with Purple Day for epilepsy recently. Looking at raising some awareness through a giveaway in the next few days as well as a kids giveaway too with some cute Purple Day merch.
    Big Hank, may I just say that your inspirational, it's not every day that you hear about people who kicked habits like yours for good. You should be incredibly proud of yourself. ;)
    thanks, honestly I can say Pearl Jam saved my life, I have no doubt I would be dead at this point, if not for reconnecting with favorite band, listening to pearl jam radio in my car every day, helps me remember the messages of inspiration in the music
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    Loulou wrote:
    dwhite76 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

I didnt forget about you Loulou :D I was typing with my phone and it sucks. Plus I never know if messages or posts ever get through when sending with my phone.

Loulou you too are a major asset with the BATW. If not for you are art department would not exist. :lol:
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    Poor me!!!!!! :cry::cry:
    Just kidding Don! :lol: it's all good mate. Hope all is well! :D

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    I will help, anyway I can help I will, this is the best thread ever, even though I could use assistance myself, I have been clean and sober for 9 years, unfortunately as someone who got addicted to meth, my teeth have paid the price, ironically, it was going to a Pearl Jam concert in 2006 that changed my life, even though I had seen them 11 times between 1993 and 1998 and they were my favorite band, I got sidetracked in life, got into the wrong relationship, but I am not going to bore anyone with the details of that, anyway I need to get all my teeth pulled and a set of dentures, pieces of my teeth break off almost weely at this point if anyone knows a dentist that could provide dental services at a discounted rate, the lowest quote I have gotten is $4000 which is out of my price range and I have no insurance, because I shot up the meth the impact on my teeth wasn't immediate and it is only years later as the chemicals work their way out of my body and yes the teeth are the easiest escape route for the chemicals to exit so essentially for the last decade my teeth have been rotting from the inside out and the chemicals in many toothpastes and mouthwash can cause negative chemical reactions with the ingredients for the meth, so the total damage is just now being realized. I realize it was my fault for getting into drugs, but I have been clean (I do smoke an joint every now and then, but no hard drugs) but being clean and never being able to smile because you know the reaction it will get is only a partial victory. It is hard to come forth and admit all this, but if my story helps anyone out, even a little bit, then it is worth telling it, anyway, let me know anyway I can help, and if anyone knows any dentists that could help, I can get the time off of work and I would drive there, thanks for taking time to read this, thanks

Good job brother. Wish my brother in law could kick his pill, meth, coke, crack and booze habit. He died twice and yet that wasn't enough motivation to get sober.

Stay strong man. If I were I would look into possible programs that help with dental bills and what not.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    DURP wrote:

Good job brother. Wish my brother in law could kick his pill, meth, coke, crack and booze habit. He died twice and yet that wasn't enough motivation to get sober.

Stay strong man. If I were I would look into possible programs that help with dental bills and what not.

Wish my brother would kick his invisible habit. He went off the radar again... *sighs
  • Options
    DURP wrote:

that is the problem in this country, most dental insurance sucks, 1000.00 coverage limit per year on most plans, and there are no financial assistance programs to help people with major dental work, there are programs for kids, which is really BS, because their teeth are going to fall out anyway, I would like to start a charity Smiles For Sobriety, a program to help people who have kicked drugs and want to be productive members of society, but their dental issues are preventing them from feeling like they can be themselves, but not even sure how I would go about starting something like that, plus it might give some people out their incentive to kick their habits