Options

Star Wars May the 4th be with you (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    The whole premise and back story of Rey was great.  The hiding a "jedi" thing was done before with Leia but it was still interesting to whom she was related to.  It does make more sense now knowing why her powers were so strong.

Ben and Rey were dynamic together.  I did enjoy their back and forth.  The way they can enter each others place of where they are and interact was very cool idea.  When Rey hooks Ben up w the saber and it was on.  F N A!

Kerri Russels Zorii looked like a red power ranger.

I thought that Hearing all the past Jedi's say that they were w her was a nice touch.  They used Obi Wan from IV and gave Neason that shaft though.

I could have done without seeing the Ewoks again but they did a nice tie in to everything.

Billy D Williams, Mr Smooth made an appearance!  I thought he would never come back but I am glad that he came back .

Having Palpatine still alive was a little weird.

Chewbacca FINALLY got his medal that he was denied in Jedi.  Nice touch.

One thing I would have liked would have been Ben and Rey to have defeated the Emperor.

The Skywalker blood line is all gone now.  Time to find more Jedi...

Having Ben and Leia go a Jedi's farewell was cool.  

Seeing Leia and her training as a Jedi was not expected but enjoyed that.

At the end it appeared that they went back to every planet or area and that was cool.  Cloud city made an appearance.

Loved the movie.  Very well done.  Glad I avoided any spoilers from this.

That's what I got.

What's your take?

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,846
    Dan you wished Chewie dead?!  WTF is wrong with you?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Dan you wished Chewie dead?!  WTF is wrong with you?!
    I'm pretty sure he meant that the thought of chewie dead should have been that story line and not magically have him on a different transport ship.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Having Bran the Builder end up being the emperor was quite the plot twist.  
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    They never explained why threepio had a red arm
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Took off work to see it  last Friday at noon. Loved it. Teared up a few times. I would like a count though on how many times FN yelled Rey's name in the trilogy.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I didn't buy Chewie blowing up like that.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,997
    mcgruff10 said:
    @mace1229 tough call. Maybe go see it yourself and make the decision.  
    Normally would, but don’t want to see it twice in the theater. He just may have to wait until it’s on dvd
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Normally would, but don’t want to see it twice in the theater. He just may have to wait until it’s on dvd
    See it twice.  You won’t be disappointed.  
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    Took off work to see it  last Friday at noon. Loved it. Teared up a few times. I would like a count though on how many times FN yelled Rey's name in the trilogy.

I hated his Rey yells. Glad she force pushed him. Why would you distract someone in a do or die lightsaber duel?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I can't wait to see it again
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Same.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Is Star Wars big down under?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Is Star Wars big down under?
    Yeah man. It's big globally.
    What's big in the US is big here.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Why did Leia stop her Jedi training again?
    I didn't quite capture it.
    Anyone?
  • Options
    Anyone?
    Leia believed that her lightsaber would be used by someone else whom would need it.  She also quit to better serve the galaxy as a leader.
  • Options
    Anyone?
    Leia believed that her lightsaber would be used by someone else whom would need it.  She also quit to better serve the galaxy as a leader.
    Thanks.
    I am pretty sure it was something she saw in the future that would happen that scared her off? Or did I mishear that?
  • Options
    Anyone?
    Thanks.
    I am pretty sure it was something she saw in the future that would happen that scared her off? Or did I mishear that?
    Saving her son, Ben.
  • Options
    I see
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I enjoyed it and thought it was a decent ending. Now I hope they go further in the future timeline wise away from the Skywalker/Palpatine stuff. Or go way back in the past and adapt something like Knights of the Old Republic. More stuff like the Madalorian. 

And get someone to make an outline of what story you want to tell and where you want it to go. Preferably a fan of the franchise and its lore. And if writers/directors don't want to be a part of that, find ones that do.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,853
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    sometimes a plot helps.  other times acting and directing can make the most simplistic plot an intriguing watch.  for example ...

• Options
    Jason P said:
    sometimes a plot helps.  other times acting and directing can make the most simplistic plot an intriguing watch.  for example ...

LOL.  I thought the preview of Mad Max was so AWFUL, unimaginative and did not watch it, yet the world loved it?
  • Options
    In The Last Jedi they show a kid and others whom apparently have "the Force".  I would like to see that story line built on.  Rebuild the jedi's up again.

I would love for them to do a story on cloning Skywalker or using his DNA to make more of his kind.  Art will imitate life...
  • Options
    I was actually thinking about a new trilogy this morning and what could they write that would not just copy what's come before?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    Star Trek found a lot of ways to tell different stories and make money without Kirk and Spock. Star Wars will find its way... eventually.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383

Knights of Ren were fucking badass!
  • Options
    They were useless lol
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    They were useless lol
    Underused, certainly. Aesthetically, though, they were badass.
  • Options
    Hobbes said:
    They were useless lol
    Underused, certainly. Aesthetically, though, they were badass.
    The way they were defeated was great.  Ben getting that saber from Rey was sick!