Star Wars May the 4th be with you (Spoilers)

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Still don't understand why the originals aren't available.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148

I miss igotid88
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    :lol:

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • igotid88 said:

spoiiileeeeeeer
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Jason P said:
    Jason P said:
    Disney bought Star Wars for $4B ... at this point they have to be bringing that in annually over the entire franchise, right?  Disney absolutely fleeced Lucas.  They bought a money fountain that Lucas had stuck a plug in and unplugged it.  
    Lucas know what it was worth when he sold it. He wasn't fleeced. 

And it was not plugged when he had it.
    Yousa thinks so?  Hmmm, okeeday!
    Like being a business man isn't one of George Lucas biggest strengths. Like he didn't know what the brand pulled in yearly, when he sold it. Like he didn't know he could nostalgia jerk together another trilogy.

He might be the creator of Jarjar. But he's not dumb.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    that yoda meme above is gold
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Mandalorian episode 3 was, in a word, awesome.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • One of the greatest mashups of all-time. Tommy Wiseau from "The Room" in Star Wars. 20 minutes of brilliance....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M-_PX5WFBc
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Finished my run of movies last night with episode VIII. Started with Fan Boys then went in numerical order with Rogue One mixed in between III & IV. I'm ready.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    I miss igotid88
  • OK so I saw the trailer for Rise and NOTICED SOMETHING.

Rey looks at her right hand like when Luke did when he lost his.

I am saying that Rey is a product of Lukes DNA from his lost arm.

Thoughts?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,172
    Would give new meaning to the "clone wars".
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Poncier said:
    Would give new meaning to the "clone wars".
    I didn't think it was a far stretch considering they introduced the concept already.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,018
    Hearing not so good things.... hope it’s not true

masterpiece gets thrown around too much, but damn don’t fuck up the last one

haha last one.... another decade hiatus then 10-12 will be announced 
    CROJAM95 said:

None of the first reactions can be trusted, good or bad.

• JimmyV said:
    CROJAM95 said:

This is my first reaction and I don't trust you...
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I'm going in blind on Friday.  Haven't seen a trailer and have managed to avoid all other advertising/promos.  Is it just me, or do Star Wars "fans" really not like Star Wars?  Like all they do is complain about everything and are never satisfied with a Star Wars product.  Hmm, sounds like another  group of "fans" I know.
  • I'm going in blind on Friday.  Haven't seen a trailer and have managed to avoid all other advertising/promos.  Is it just me, or do Star Wars "fans" really not like Star Wars?  Like all they do is complain about everything and are never satisfied with a Star Wars product.  Hmm, sounds like another  group of "fans" I know.
    I loved number VII.

Loved it.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,018
    I’ll prob check it out on Xmas eve in imax

its not so easy to end a trilogy, hoping for the best

• CROJAM95 said:
    I’ll prob check it out on Xmas eve in imax

its not so easy to end a trilogy, hoping for the best

No way is it ending.  They'll be others after this.  Think of it like 007.  There will always be a story(s).
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    star wars night at the jazz game. every damn nerd in salt lake city was there.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    4hrs and counting until I see it at the midnight session here in Oz  =)=)
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Been out all day here. 

BUT IM BUSY WOOOORKIIIIIIIING
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    Loved it!!! 
    So much better than TLJ.... 
    Tied a lot of things together and had a great balance of paying homage to the older movies without being too forced or cheesy.
    I'm sure there'll be plenty of haters who will disagree with me, but I thought it was great 
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Based on what I've read so far -- namely, that it puts nostalgic fanboys back in their safe spaces instead of expanding upon the complicated themes that were at the heart of The Last Jedi -- I'm prepared to hate watch this thing on Sunday.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Hasn't even opened in the U.S. and people here are already deciding to like or dislike it. I picked the right month to quit Twitter.  

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    lol @ The Last Jedi possessing some sort of complicated themes that only intelligent people are capable of understanding.
    JimmyV said:
    CROJAM95 said:

This is my first reaction and I don't trust you...
    This is not the first reaction you are looking for.