Options

**The Official PJ 20 Mustache Movement[UPDATE]**

Comments

• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Black73 wrote:
    Thanks for kicking this off!!! Some of you may have met my son Tim yesterday...he had the Sox hat on with the black handlebar mustache and the aviators on. He's bouncing off the walls at home today to try and top yesterday's lip tickler!

Very cool. I would love to meet this young man if I get the chance. Will probably (hopefully) be in the 10C area aroun 2-ish if anyone will be around. Have fun today MFC-ers
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    Black Diamond:

IMG_8377.jpg

BD I sat right next to you last night and didn't realize it. I was literally right beside you to your right. Damnit I thought you looked familiar but I couldn't place it. Sorry I didn't say hello.
  • Options
    So now that PJ20 is officially in the books as the greatest weekend in the history of weekends, I just wanted to extend a sincere thank you to all of you that participated, even in the smallest of ways, to what we tried to do with the PJ20 "Don't Gimme No Lip" Mustache Movement. I hope you all had fun with it and you should all give yourselves a pat on the back for helping to raise money and awareness for the CCFA. They as well as I really appreciate it. The shirts will still be for sale online so for those who would still like one, you can still get one. Mike McCready however will not be buying one as hopefully he now has his own. I was lucky enough to be very close Sunday night so after the show I pinned as note to my shirt explaining what we did, tossed it to a roadie on stage and asked that it get to Mike. Hopefully it will
    To those of you I was lucky enough to meet at the show, thanks for saying hey. For those of you I missed, hopefully our paths will cross someday. Thanks again guys...

MFC.jpg

I know, I know...Andy (the guy on the right) needs a stache but take it easy on him...he's Canadian ;)
    Oh and Bambam...you owe me a pic :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Well done!!

I haven't bought a T-shirt or anything, could I donate to the moustache movement?
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Heisenberg wrote:
    So now that PJ20 is officially in the books as the greatest weekend in the history of weekends, I just wanted to extend a sincere thank you to all of you that participated, even in the smallest of ways, to what we tried to do with the PJ20 "Don't Gimme No Lip" Mustache Movement. I hope you all had fun with it and you should all give yourselves a pat on the back for helping to raise money and awareness for the CCFA. They as well as I really appreciate it. The shirts will still be for sale online so for those who would still like one, you can still get one. Mike McCready however will not be buying one as hopefully he now has his own. I was lucky enough to be very close Sunday night so after the show I pinned as note to my shirt explaining what we did, tossed it to a roadie on stage and asked that it get to Mike. Hopefully it will
    To those of you I was lucky enough to meet at the show, thanks for saying hey. For those of you I missed, hopefully our paths will cross someday. Thanks again guys...

MFC.jpg

I know, I know...Andy (the guy on the right) needs a stache but take it easy on him...he's Canadian ;)

nice job. i saw a bunch of you running around including annie, sargetpent pepper, mfc, cloanofson and faceintheclouds. i was hoping to meet the thread op, but out paths never crossed.

well done everone
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    the Mustache movement really added a lot of fun to the weekend. It was like a where waldo game of musatches. it was great to cross paths with a lot of you. Thanks again Heisenberg for leading us on the way.
  • Options
    sgtppr67 wrote:
    the Mustache movement really added a lot of fun to the weekend. It was like a where waldo game of musatches. it was great to cross paths with a lot of you. Thanks again Heisenberg for leading us on the way.

yeah, i sat a couple of rows behind remmy, i heard somebody scream nice mustache, i turned around and saw his beauty of a stache. there were other people who i gave the thumbs up to and pointed to my shirt, but turns out they just had a mustache, and no clue what this was
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:

MFC.jpg

yeah man, great job.
    sorry i couldnt meet up with everybody, really pissed about it but at least i saw a few of you guys.

i told those guys that took our pic to post it here i hope they do otherwise i will forever regret keeping the cap on that sharpie when i asked them if they wanted a stache
  • Options
    pj20stache-1.jpg

Sunday in the yellow lot, as the sun came out. This is Ross a single serving friend
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    Saw some fantastic mustaches this weekend and I applaud all of you who grew them. Bummed that I didn't happen to run into you anyplace Matt but I'm glad the whole thing appears to have been a success.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,265
    bambam87 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

MFC.jpg

yeah man, great job.
    sorry i couldnt meet up with everybody, really pissed about it but at least i saw a few of you guys.

i told those guys that took our pic to post it here i hope they do otherwise i will forever regret keeping the cap on that sharpie when i asked them if they wanted a stache

:D :thumbup: nice
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Claireack wrote:
    Well done!!

I haven't bought a T-shirt or anything, could I donate to the moustache movement?

Yes, if you would prefer to donate as opposed to purchasing a shirt, you can do so here:

http://online.ccfa.org/site/PageNavigat ... arity.html

Disregard the raffle at the bottom. That never panned out and the CCFA has not taken it down.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    i was hoping to meet the thread op, but out paths never crossed.

It's harder to find a smoking baby at a rock concert than I thought. ;)
    I guess I should have worn my Kosar jersey for you.
    I'll be in Chicago again next week for work. If I have time maybe we can do beers.
  • Options
    Black73 wrote:
    Thanks for kicking this off!!! Some of you may have met my son Tim yesterday...he had the Sox hat on with the black handlebar mustache and the aviators on. He's bouncing off the walls at home today to try and top yesterday's lip tickler!

Yes! The awesome family from day 1 on the lawn! I <3 you guys!
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Hey guys - it was awesome meeting at least some of you - Rem sat in front of me at night 1 and I met awesome afroannie at the preparty. I wish I could have stayed there longer, but the heat and the jetlag were killing me on Friday ... I spotted lots of guys with fabulous staches all around the venue - I always had a fat grin on my face and thumbed up, but I also think some just happened to have a stache and didn't have a clue :lol: I hope something like this can be repeated someday, it was fun - well done :clap:
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Claireack wrote:
    Well done!!

Yes, if you would prefer to donate as opposed to purchasing a shirt, you can do so here:

http://online.ccfa.org/site/PageNavigat ... arity.html

Disregard the raffle at the bottom. That never panned out and the CCFA has not taken it down.

Thanks will get on to it :D
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Heisenberg wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i was hoping to meet the thread op, but out paths never crossed.

It's harder to find a smoking baby at a rock concert than I thought. ;)
    I guess I should have worn my Kosar jersey for you.
    I'll be in Chicago again next week for work. If I have time maybe we can do beers.

:lol: Kosar....i would defiantly have stopped and said hi to a kosar person. i was saying hi to all the people i saw with a mustache shirt.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    edited September 2011
    sgtppr67 wrote:

So true...It was great meeting up with Heis, Leeze, Remmy, sgtppr67,black diamond, mookie & friends,clone of son and faceinclouds (although when I saw him, that ratfuck had shaved his creep stache!). I know I'm missing some people...but brain is still mushy from the weekend and the drive back home. However, everyone I met was really nice! :D

81 & mfc2006..you guys are damn lucky that I didn't have my shaving cream and razor with me! :twisted:

It was amazing how many t-shirts I spotted through out the weekend..i may have scared a few people by pointing at them and yelling "Mustache people!!!" :lol:

Thanks to Heis for all your hard work and coordinating everything.

I hope we can keep our momentum going and continue to raise $$ for the CCFA!

Thanks to everyone for their participation!! I was so impressed!! :D
    Post edited by afroannnie on
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    I really wish they didn't put mustache wax in tubes that are eerily similar to travel sized toothpaste. I was so exhausetd Monday morning that I nearly brushed my teeth with Clubman mustache wax :lol:
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I really wish they didn't put mustache wax in tubes that are eerily similar to travel sized toothpaste. I was so exhausetd Monday morning that I nearly brushed my teeth with Clubman mustache wax :lol:

That could have been a sticky mess...but they probably have to put the mustache wax in those small tubes so it meets the TSA guidelines...you can't travel without it! :D
  • Options
    Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    Thanks...loved all of you too! Were you the one with the Tigers blanket?
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    sgtppr67 wrote:

So true...It was great meeting up with Heis, Leeze, Remmy, sgtppr67,black diamond, mookie & friends,clone of son and faceinclouds (although when I saw him, that ratfuck had shaved his creep stache!). I know I'm missing some people...but brain is still mushy from the weekend and the drive back home. However, everyone I met was really nice! :D

81 & mfc2006..you guys are damn lucky that I didn't have my shaving cream and razor with me! :twisted:

It was amazing how many t-shirts I spotted through out the weekend..i may have scared a few people by pointing at them and yelling "Mustache people!!!" :lol:

Thanks to Heis for all your hard work and coordinating everything.

I hope we can keep our momentum going and continue to raise $$ for the CCFA!

Thanks to everyone for their participation!! I was so impressed!! :D

I forgot to mention that my PJ20 weekend would have been perfect except for one small thing....

I waited all night Sunday wearing a wedding dress and fake mustache for my fiance by the 10C altar, and sadly he did not show up..
    PEBBLES%2BCRY.jpg
  • Options
    Black73 wrote:

Did you make it over to Speedy's tailgate? I was the little redhead with a purple windbreaker...I was hanging out with RKCNDY who could easily be spotted with her beer can hat :D
  • Options
    Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    afroannnie wrote:
    Black73 wrote:

Did you make it over to Speedy's tailgate? I was the little redhead with a purple windbreaker...I was hanging out with RKCNDY who could easily be spotted with her beer can hat :D

Unfortunately not, although I think I did see RKCNDY Sat inside...was it a PBR hat?
  • Options
    Black73 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    Black73 wrote:

Unfortunately not, although I think I did see RKCNDY Sat inside...was it a PBR hat?

That was one of the cans...she actually made that hat out of 5-6 different beers...all beers from Wisconsin :D
  • Options
    Hi guys,

I don't know if any of you would be interested in this or not, but upon returning from PJ20, I decided I needed a way to preserve all the memories as best I could. I started a blog where I am basically trying to get down as many of the details about the awesome experience I had at PJ20 as I can. It will probably be a bit long winded and it is obviously only from my perspective, but I've got hundreds of photos and will be posting alot of them so if any of you would like to check it out, please feel free to do so at:

http://onefansperspective.wordpress.com/

I'm going in chronological order so it will take me a while to get through the whole weekend, so again, I hope it at least serves the purpose of preserving some things for others as well or offering a window into PJ20 for those that couldn't be there. Thanks again guys for everything you did these past few months regarding the mustache movement. I got an email from our contact at the CCFA today and she is very appreciative as well. You guys are truly awesome.
  • Options
    CloneOfASonCloneOfASon Madison, WI Posts: 1,080
    afroannnie wrote:
    Black73 wrote:

I seem to recall this so call party ;):lol::lol: Had a little mini beer fest with RFTC...
    afroannnie wrote:

I had this thought a couple times myself on Sat :lol::lol::lol:

Really wish I had access to a computer so I could have meet up with more of ya. Saw a bunch of people with shirts on Sat but after spending an hour in the merch line I was little committed. If I'm allowed I will represent in Milwaukee on the 20th :D it was great to meet everyone and hopefully it's not too long before we have the chance to do it again!!!
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Hi guys,

I don't know if any of you would be interested in this or not, but upon returning from PJ20, I decided I needed a way to preserve all the memories as best I could. I started a blog where I am basically trying to get down as many of the details about the awesome experience I had at PJ20 as I can. It will probably be a bit long winded and it is obviously only from my perspective, but I've got hundreds of photos and will be posting alot of them so if any of you would like to check it out, please feel free to do so at:

I'm going in chronological order so it will take me a while to get through the whole weekend, so again, I hope it at least serves the purpose of preserving some things for others as well or offering a window into PJ20 for those that couldn't be there. Thanks again guys for everything you did these past few months regarding the mustache movement. I got an email from our contact at the CCFA today and she is very appreciative as well. You guys are truly awesome.

Great idea!The memories from this wonderful weekend continuously ran through my mind on my journey home...it made the ride home much easier. :D
  • Options
    CloneOfASonCloneOfASon Madison, WI Posts: 1,080
    afroannnie wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Hi guys,

Great idea!The memories from this wonderful weekend continuously ran through my mind on my journey home...it made the ride home much easier. :D

Indeed!! Though I was a little disappointed we lost one to the razor ;):D
  • Options
    Black73 wrote:

That was me! If I have kids, I hope they turn out to be half as cool as yours.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.