Options

**The Official PJ 20 Mustache Movement[UPDATE]**

Comments

• Options
    I just shaved the full beard off and came to a realization: there's a very fine line between having a badass mustache and looking like a molester. After shaving I spent another half-hour plucking individual hairs to look less like a Chester.
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    CloneOfASonCloneOfASon Madison, WI Posts: 1,080
    I just shaved the full beard off and came to a realization: there's a very fine line between having a badass mustache and looking like a molester. After shaving I spent another half-hour plucking individual hairs to look less like a Chester.
    NO NO NO NO NO!!! :D There is a deep ravine between having an awesome mustache and being an epic failure. The two should not go hand in hand :D

We need to change this thinking... we need PSAs, like the ones for the word "retarted"! :D:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    …and now for…

The OPJ20MM featured mustache of the day for 9/1 is:

Geraldo Rivera

riverahead.jpg

You can learn more about this Large and controversial mustache at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geraldo_Rivera
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957

I feel ya. Just keep reminding yourself...we are doing this for a good cause :lol:
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:

I feel ya. Just keep reminding yourself...we are doing this for a good cause :lol:
    I disagree... :D We are doing this because mustaches scream masculinity without us opening our mouths...! Because women quake when they see us walking down the street..!! Because we shouldn't need to butcher the beauty that god put on our lips to make the meeker male humans feel comfortable!!!!

Sorry!!! My mustache took control for a second. Everything is in it's right place... :lol::lol::lol::lol::D
  • Options
    hell yeah you guys are bad ass!
    1996 - Ft Lauderdale
    1998 - West Palm Beach 1
    2000 - West Palm Beach 1&2
    2003 - WPB,Tampa,Atlanta,Camden 1&2,MSG 1&2, Boston 3,Hershey Park
    2004 - Asheville, Kissimmee
    2008 - West Palm Beach,Tampa,Columbia,Virginia Beach, Mansfield 1&2
    2010 - Hartford,Boston,Newark, MSG 1&2
    2011 - PJ20 1&2, Costa Rica
    2013 - Wrigley,Brooklyn 1&2,Seattle
    2014 - Denver,Mountain View 1&2
    2015 - Bogata, Mexico City
    2016 - Ft Lauderdale,Miami,Tampa,NYC 1&2,Telluride,Fenway 1&2,Wrigley 1&2

• Options
    Will anyone have a t-shirts for sale there? I would like to buy one and help the cause. Again sorry for being a procrastinator. I'll be picking up my tickets tonight. I can meet @ AV then or tomorrow.
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    cross7806 wrote:
    I just shaved the goat into a killer stache so I'm in. Sorry for joining so late. If I could post a pic I would. Now I'm ready will be at countryview campgrounds tom. If anyone
    in the movement is staying there we have site#29. Can't wait this is going to be well words can't explain it. See you there.
    Have fun and be safe!

Never too late to join!! Welcome to the movement!!:D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    cross7806 wrote:
    Will anyone have a t-shirts for sale there? I would like to buy one and help the cause. Again sorry for being a procrastinator. I'll be picking up my tickets tonight. I can meet @ AV then or tomorrow.

Unfortunately we couldn't afford to have a stock of shirts available at the venue for sale. However, the shirts will be for sale online after this weekend as well (there may even be a new design or 2). Proceeds will still go to the CCFA even after the shows are over. As a long shot, you could always contact skreened today and see if they will overnight it to your hotel. They print the shirts incredibly fast. If you really want it for tomorrow or Sunday, I'm sure they could get it to you, it will just be expensive as I believe they charge a procrastinator's fee :D
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,668
    I did not think I was going to have the balls to do it, but it is done. I am officially in now on the mustache movement. See you soon!
  • Options
    mvw wrote:
    I did not think I was going to have the balls to do it, but it is done. I am officially in now on the mustache movement. See you soon!

:thumbup: Welcome aboard!!!
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    mvw wrote:

Well, I have been on board (#20 on the list). I just meant that I just shaved and now am officially sporting the stache. Are we planning on a meet up somewhere? Sorry, I am too lazy right now to look through the thread.
  • Options
    Why didn't I do this sooner. I feel so free!!!
  • Options
    Mustache Roll Call...who has officially made it to Wisconsin?

:wave:
  • Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,275
    I'm getting on a plane from LA in 2.5hrs & bringing the cookie duster with me :D:D
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    mvw wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    mvw wrote:

Well, I have been on board (#20 on the list). I just meant that I just shaved and now am officially sporting the stache. Are we planning on a meet up somewhere? Sorry, I am too lazy right now to look through the thread.

We haven't really set a time to meet no. Some of us will be at the Pre-Party tonight. Some of us plan to "Stache Mob" The Young Evils and Star Anna although we can't seem to agree on which day :lol:
    We are also trying to set aside a time at the 10C area to all meet up. If anyone wants to take the reigns on this...feel free.
  • Options
    En route to Milwaukee now! Flying somewhere over the middle of the country. Anyone staying at the Hilton downtown?
  • Options
    Firecloud wrote:
    En route to Milwaukee now! Flying somewhere over the middle of the country. Anyone staying at the Hilton downtown?

I'm 3 miles from the venue out here in the sticks. The hotel has been overthrown by PJ fans :lol:
  • Options
    Niiiiice. Looking forward to joining the spectacle.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,279
    i want pics of evertyone's staches at the show (and if possible a group pic :lol: ) since i won't be there
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Anyone wanna pick up the OPJ20MM stache of the day for the next couple days? Doesn't look like I'll be able to do it from my phone :(
  • Options
    Mustache Movement Exclusive...

So I was just at Alpine around 9pm meeting a friend and picking up our tickets. I don't want to ruin the surprise but buckle up mustachers, there will be a major surprise this weekend. I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST HEARD!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Inside the PJ Museum,

devo.jpg

coincidence?...I think not. ;)
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Inside the PJ Museum,

devo.jpg
    Beautiful!!

• Options
    Oh please post a pic mustache peeeps.
    I have to see this.

And keep us posted what goes down. :lol:
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
  • Options
    It's been so great finally meeting many of my fellow stachers! Hope to run into some of you today as well. Last night's show was amazing and know tonight will be magical!! I hope everyone has a wonderful time!!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,279
    afroannnie wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Inside the PJ Museum,

devo.jpg
    Beautiful!!

:lol::mrgreen: :thumbup:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    10C area around 2pm?
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,029
    Black Diamond:

IMG_8377.jpg
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    Thanks for kicking this off!!! Some of you may have met my son Tim yesterday...he had the Sox hat on with the black handlebar mustache and the aviators on. He's bouncing off the walls at home today to try and top yesterday's lip tickler!