The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,919
    dcfaithful wrote:

I am anxious to see this kid enter his own... in about another 4-5 years, I predict. 8-)

yeah....but where will he be playing? :shock:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    dcfaithful wrote:
    You looking for a lottery pick?

Last nights win against Memphis makes two wins that I know of for the Raptors this year that have been great inter-conference road wins. The other was Utah..... :evil:

ya ... coach casey has done a great job of changing the culture and ideally all the fans want is to see the team compete night in night out and they have done that ... they've been blown out only a handful of times considering the considerable lack of talent on this team ... but they have exceeded expectations and combined that with a very shit eastern conference, they are winning way too many games ... a top 5 lottery pick plus the arrival of valanciunas next year should allow this team to compete sooner than expected ...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    polaris_x wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    You looking for a lottery pick?

Last nights win against Memphis makes two wins that I know of for the Raptors this year that have been great inter-conference road wins. The other was Utah..... :evil:

ya ... coach casey has done a great job of changing the culture and ideally all the fans want is to see the team compete night in night out and they have done that ... they've been blown out only a handful of times considering the considerable lack of talent on this team ... but they have exceeded expectations and combined that with a very shit eastern conference, they are winning way too many games ... a top 5 lottery pick plus the arrival of valanciunas next year should allow this team to compete sooner than expected ...

should be a pretty deep draft this summer
    www.myspace.com
    should be a pretty deep draft this summer

still ... the higher up the better ...

the funny thing is - to me, it appears that coach casey IS trying to lose games by using some weird rotations in the 4th qtr but to a man, everyone is playing balls to the wall ... so, they end up winning games they have no business in winning ...
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Thank the sweet lord for Derrick Favors last night.

I am anxious to see this kid enter his own... in about another 4-5 years, I predict. 8-)

yeah, sixers took evan turner over him and cousins.

horrendous
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    somebody at the bulls game sat night had a shirt that read

Lebron went south, his mom rode west. or something to that effect. dude was sitting behind king and funk for the post game wrap up. looked like a wgn producer came over and tossed them. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    81 wrote:

Lebron went south, his mom rode west. or something to that effect. dude was sitting behind king and funk for the post game wrap up. looked like a wgn producer came over and tossed them. :lol:

this belongs in the lebron sucks thread
    The Fixer wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

horrendous

summer of 2010....
    The Fixer wrote:

No way they take cousins. it's gonna be favors or turner. I'm cool with either one

see i agreed with you back then and still do. turner, as a guard, is a better rebounder than favors. cousins already got his coach fired and epitomizes everything i dislike about the nba.

even with the awful first outing and saturday's game, et's averaging 15, 10 and 3 as a starter for a playoff contender. there is nothing horrendous about that. he's entering his own now, as opposed to in 4 or 5 years as dc eluded to regarding favors ;)

that said, i have seen some rumors of a deal involving holiday for favors. utah needs a pg, we could use another big body. could see something like this happening. gonna be an interesting offseason.
    www.myspace.com
    davidtrios wrote:
    81 wrote:

i thought it was kind of dumb considering they had just played philly....

btw...at the begining of the lebron thread...you professed your love for him....what changed :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

horrendous

summer of 2010....
    The Fixer wrote:

No way they take cousins. it's gonna be favors or turner. I'm cool with either one

see i agreed with you back then and still do. turner, as a guard, is a better rebounder than favors. cousins already got his coach fired and epitomizes everything i dislike about the nba.

even with the awful first outing and saturday's game, et's averaging 15, 10 and 3 as a starter for a playoff contender. there is nothing horrendous about that. he's entering his own now, as opposed to in 4 or 5 years as dc eluded to regarding favors ;)

that said, i have seen some rumors of a deal involving holiday for favors. utah needs a pg, we could use another big body. could see something like this happening. gonna be an interesting offseason.

I said I would not take a 2 guard with the 2nd pick. this team needs a big guy and there were two of them available.

the rebounding thing is funny. your guards have to board when your frontcourt sucks balls.

turner is a bust as the 2nd overall pick. solid player, but not a guy you take that high in draft
    The Fixer wrote:
    turner is a bust as the 2nd overall pick

:shock:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    81 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:
    81 wrote:

i thought it was kind of dumb considering they had just played philly....

btw...at the begining of the lebron thread...you professed your love for him....what changed :lol:

very stupid. i didnt love lebron, just said he'd look good in a bulls uniform. :)
    The Fixer wrote:

I said I would not take a 2 guard with the 2nd pick. this team needs a big guy and there were two of them available.

the rebounding thing is funny. your guards have to board when your frontcourt sucks balls.

turner is a bust as the 2nd overall pick. solid player, but not a guy you take that high in draft

no. you said you were "cool" with turner as the 2nd pick. you literally said that.

i love how you casually brush off a guard averaging 10 boards a game like that happens frequently.

a bust....that is a bit harsh to say the least.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

no. you said you were "cool" with turner as the 2nd pick. you literally said that.

i love how you casually brush off a guard averaging 10 boards a game like that happens frequently.

it's great he can rebound. no one else on team can

again, he's a solid player. not worthy of the 2nd pick though.

since you have so much free time to research all of my posts, go back and find who I said I wanted the sixers to take.

such a shit franchise. can't wait for another first round playoff exit. the endless cycle of mediocrity continues
    The Fixer wrote:

since you have so much free time to research all of my posts, go back and find who I said I wanted the sixers to take.

such a shit franchise. can't wait for another first round playoff exit. the endless cycle of mediocrity continues

you realize the search function is a pretty easy tool to use, right?

and the quote i posted above already answered that. i mean unless you changed your mind multiple times back then too.

good talk.
    www.myspace.com
    is phoenix gonna make the playoffs!??
    The Fixer wrote:

and the quote i posted above already answered that. i mean unless you changed your mind multiple times back then too.

good talk.

do you think turner was a good pick?
    the 2010 draft was a pretty crappy draft top to bottom.

but if i had the number 2 pick, i would have taken jeremy lin.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

hahaha
    81 wrote:

obviously. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

good talk.

do you think turner was a good pick?

of course i do (isn't that obvious?). and i agreed with you about being okay with him or favors at the time. turner's a bit further along than favors at this point. and i'm encouraged by what he's done over the last couple weeks as a starter. favors, last couple games not included, has been struggling for playing time still.

considering where the sixers franchise was at the time, i think they needed to take the guy who most considered to the be 2nd best player in the draft---yada yada yada, same stuff i've been saying for the last year and a half
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,919
    nice game, mamba :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:

he likes to play down to his opponents...way, way down :P :lol:
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    polaris_x wrote:
    is phoenix gonna make the playoffs!??

They need to lose some damn games!! :twisted:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:

A Kobe failure makes my night.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:

watching the game last night i kept thinking 'dave's really loving this' :lol:

Favors would be a nice pick-up for so many teams, but I really hope that the Jazz don't deal him that easily. The pg point is an interesting one because I can't figure out how I feel about it. Earlier in the season, Devin was struggling, but as of late he seems to be picking up some pace and finding his spot. I don't think Harris needs to be a dominant player, he just needs to be productive and reliable. I was happy to see KOC not make any major moves before the trade deadline. Personally, I like Utah's roster as it stands. They play very well together when they're on, and with all the youth and talent with high ceilings, it can really only get better. There is a real team atmosphere in Utah, and players have been improving (Al, Favors, Hayward have all shown developments) I think that will go a long way.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    norm wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:

watching the game last night i kept thinking 'dave's really loving this' :lol:

Funny part is, I didn't see the game. :oops:

Checked the box score later and had a beer to celebrate. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Is Kobe washed up? Has he lost his killer instict? Did he even ever actually have it or did he need a big man to save his ass? Oh sorry...wrong basketball player to make these jokes about. :lol:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Favors would be a nice pick-up for so many teams, but I really hope that the Jazz don't deal him that easily. The pg point is an interesting one because I can't figure out how I feel about it. Earlier in the season, Devin was struggling, but as of late he seems to be picking up some pace and finding his spot. I don't think Harris needs to be a dominant player, he just needs to be productive and reliable. I was happy to see KOC not make any major moves before the trade deadline. Personally, I like Utah's roster as it stands. They play very well together when they're on, and with all the youth and talent with high ceilings, it can really only get better. There is a real team atmosphere in Utah, and players have been improving (Al, Favors, Hayward have all shown developments) I think that will go a long way.

sounds familiar. too nice up and coming teams...one with a guard to spare....one with an extra big man to spare..... :think:

looks like enes had himself a nice little game yesterday huh?
    www.myspace.com