The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Miami might be the floppiest team in the league. Weak sauce
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Lucas the third making lebron look silly on d ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    didn't catch the game but good win 81...we'll see if it means anything in the playoffs.
    RW81233 wrote:
    didn't catch the game but good win 81...we'll see if it means anything in the playoffs.

of all the games, you missed this one...you best have a good reason. :lol:

Bulls were rolling in the 2nd hitting just about everything...1st and 3rd were back and forth with both teams making small runs. 4th was about the bulls hanging on and Lucas blowing by Lebron. :lol:

that's right, Miami put lebron on lucas. :lol:

crowd was amped for this one. there was a buzz going all night. good game.

it means nothing for the playoffs beyond showing that the bulls can compete with the heat.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    we gonna see any deals today or will it be a bust like the nhl trade deadline? ... ya gotta figure the lakers are gonna try and do something for a pg ... they should go after nash ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    we gonna see any deals today or will it be a bust like the nhl trade deadline? ... ya gotta figure the lakers are gonna try and do something for a pg ... they should go after nash ...

with howard staying put, i doubt we see a blockbuster. maybe a few little moves
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    with howard staying put, i doubt we see a blockbuster. maybe a few little moves

looks like beasley will get dealt ...

this howard affair is hysterical ... guy is a dummy ...
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    polaris_x wrote:

Dear God no. I want to continue to like Steve Nash.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:

he dismantled your jazz last nite ...

i hear ya ... but they really need a pg ...
    edited March 2012
    polaris_x wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

he dismantled your jazz last nite ...

i hear ya ... but they really need a pg ...

He's probably the only player I do not mind making my team look bad. He really did though. Utah just couldn't figure it out. Nash was drawing all the defenders and then dishing it back out for the sweet shot all night long.

Nash is awesome. I simply love the guy. He makes the pg position look easy, and I love his character too.

I hear so many people saying "he deserves a championship." I don't know how I feel about that... I don't know if anyone "deserves" a championship.

Also, I know I'm probably a minority here with this, but I believe that championships by themselves do not determine a great player. Even if Nash doesn't get a title, he'll still be a legend. He's reached stat levels that support that. I think Nash will probably end his career ringless, and I don't think that takes away from his legacy. Obviously, a championship would be a nice addition to his resume, but his career will not be a bad one if it ends without it.
    Post edited by dcfaithful on
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Also, as the Utah commentators pointed out last night with their comparison to John Stockton, Nash is statistically playing better than he was at age 38. The only category Stock had him beat at was 3P FG%.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    81 wrote:
    it means nothing for the playoffs beyond showing that the bulls can compete with the heat.

Yup. The Heat will bring it come playoff time, but anyone who thinks the Bulls won't either is sadly mistaken. If the Bulls smelled a title last year, that has to be much stronger for them this year.

Still hoping for an OKC vs. Chicago finals.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    He's probably the only player I do not mind making my team look bad.

Nash is awesome. I simply love the guy. He makes the pg position look easy, and I love his character too.

I hear so many people saying "he deserves a championship." I don't know how I feel about that... I don't know if anyone "deserves" a championship.

Also, I know I'm probably a minority here with this, but I believe that championships by themselves do not determine a great player. Even if Nash doesn't get a title, he'll still be a legend. He's reached stat levels that support that. I think Nash will probably end his career ringless, and I don't think that takes away from his legacy. Obviously, a championship would be a nice addition to his resume, but his career will not be a bad one if it ends without it.

yeah ... i talked to him in a line at the airport way back and he is as genuine as he appears ... the thing about him is that he isn't going to go chase a ring or dwell on it ... the suns should trade nash because it's the right thing to do for nash and the right thing to do for the suns ... with him in your lineup - your going to compete ... look at what he's done ... the suns are almost playing .500 ball ... that's not going to get them lottery picks ... and they won't get better without them ...
    81 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

Bulls were rolling in the 2nd hitting just about everything...1st and 3rd were back and forth with both teams making small runs. 4th was about the bulls hanging on and Lucas blowing by Lebron. :lol:

damn...missed a good one. my wife's friend's husband has been trying to get me to go out for a 'guys night dinner and movie thing for months and i agreed to go out in downtown bmore for project x (stupid btw). when i realized the day/time i tried to get it to move but he got all sad so i just bit the bullet. saw the score was 74-57 bulls leaving the theater and tried getting home on time but it didn't happen.
    :lol:

hopefully dinner was good.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    it was...cool oyster bar on the inner harbor. i've been trying to get back to my pre-ACL weight so that I won't die on this stupid zombie 5k I agreed to run in the fall, and starved myself all day waiting to stuff my face for dinner. that part was well worth it.
    RW81233 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

damn...missed a good one. my wife's friend's husband has been trying to get me to go out for a 'guys night dinner and movie thing for months and i agreed to go out in downtown bmore for project x (stupid btw). when i realized the day/time i tried to get it to move but he got all sad so i just bit the bullet. saw the score was 74-57 bulls leaving the theater and tried getting home on time but it didn't happen.

How about a "let's buy a case of beer and watch the game at my place" kind of guys night? :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    How about a "let's buy a case of beer and watch the game at my place" kind of guys night? :lol:

RW is a high siddity professor type. :P

i kid RW
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

RW is a high siddity professor type. :P

i kid RW

Well, he'd hate a guys night with my cheap ass.

Beer, pizza, sports all sans women = dc's guys night. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,920
    I hope PJ takes the knicks job but I doubt he will. I've always been a phil hater and a "look who he had" kind of guy. but if he could turn the knicks around, I might change my mind. my guess:

a) he couldn't

b) he's scared to try. wouldn't want to tarnish "the legacy" :roll:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    dcfaithful wrote:

That's better than my guys nights. Mine consists of heating up frozen food snacks and beer.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

That's better than my guys nights. Mine consists of heating up frozen food snacks and beer.

Did you just turn 21? So you've been having illegal man nights? :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    imalive wrote:
    I hope PJ takes the knicks job but I doubt he will. I've always been a phil hater and a "look who he had" kind of guy. but if he could turn the knicks around, I might change my mind. my guess:

a) he couldn't

b) he's scared to try. wouldn't want to tarnish "the legacy" :roll:

I'm going to go with b.

Plus, at this point when you have all the accolades he does, why take on such a stressful job when you could be drinking, watching ball, and doing jack shit up in the Montana wilderness? :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I'm going to go with b.

Plus, at this point when you have all the accolades he does, why take on such a stressful job when you could be drinking, watching ball, and doing jack shit up in the Montana wilderness? :lol:

i think phil didn't announce a retirement for a reason ... also, ya gotta remember he was a knick and was on the last team that won a championship there ... plus, phil has that ego ... NY is arguably the biggest market in all of sports ... bringing a championship team there would definitely satisfy that ego ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I'm going to go with b.

i think phil didn't announce a retirement for a reason ... also, ya gotta remember he was a knick and was on the last team that won a championship there ... plus, phil has that ego ... NY is arguably the biggest market in all of sports ... bringing a championship team there would definitely satisfy that ego ...

As a fan of a team that got beat by his Bulls teams two years in a row, I for one would like a break from Phil winning for at least 5 seasons. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    As a fan of a team that got beat by his Bulls teams two years in a row, I for one would like a break from Phil winning for at least 5 seasons. :lol:

:lol::lol:
    there ya go...a few deals going down
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    gerald wallace to NJ for okur, shawne williams and a protected first rounder

leandro barbosa to indiana for a second round pick ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

:lol::lol:

Also, I believe he won 2 titles with the Knicks as a player. 70 and 73?

But honestly, 12-13 championships both as a coach and a player, having your name so often associated with the triangle offense (very successful), being able to say you coached greats to their legend (Kobe, Shaq, MJ, Pippen), and are probably one of, if not the most, respected coach in basketball history isn't enough for your ego, there is no hope for you.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    polaris_x wrote:
    gerald wallace to NJ for okur, shawne williams and a protected first rounder

leandro barbosa to indiana for a second round pick ...

Am I the only one who thinks that acquiring Okur at this point in his career is dangerous?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL