polaris_x wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Nene to the Wizards. :o

what? ... wow ...

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/76920 ... team-trade
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    nate mcmillian out

7 1/2 years until they concluded Mr. Seattle was not a good fit in Portland. :lol: :P
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Too bad The Lakers didn't give Fish the chance to finish the season and then retire.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Too bad The Lakers didn't give Fish the chance to finish the season and then retire.

they still think they can win ... with sessions and young ... i think they have a shot ... they weren't going to win with fisher as their starting pg ...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rumor houston will buy fisher out...which would open the door for a return to LA
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 2,023
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I've always liked Fisher, but his 6 points a game and lack of defense was hurting them.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:
    nate mcmillian out

7 1/2 years until they concluded Mr. Seattle was not a good fit in Portland. :lol: :P

Well, because of team injuries, he was forced to play guys that normally wouldn't see the court, and did ok. This year he couldn't manage to win anything by playing starters.

I was hoping they would dump the entire roster, except for Aldrige, Batum, Williams and Smith. Especially, Raymond Felton. He's garbage!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,920
    when milsap missed that layup at the buzzer, I could hear DC scream from 3 miles away :shock:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    when milsap missed that layup at the buzzer, I could hear DC scream from 3 miles away :shock:

no worries ... still won the game ... :D
    JMo wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:
    nate mcmillian out

Well, because of team injuries, he was forced to play guys that normally wouldn't see the court, and did ok. This year he couldn't manage to win anything by playing starters.

I was hoping they would dump the entire roster, except for Aldrige, Batum, Williams and Smith. Especially, Raymond Felton. He's garbage!

I think McMillan did an excellent job up there in PDX considering what the Blazers were when he picked them up. Like you said, with the injuries he was forced to deal with, he worked it well. It's tough to keep a coaching job, but I don't think he'll have any trouble finding another gig.

I saw last night the rundown of Portland's draft pick woes... crazy names that they missed out on.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I think McMillan did an excellent job up there in PDX considering what the Blazers were when he picked them up. Like you said, with the injuries he was forced to deal with, he worked it well. It's tough to keep a coaching job, but I don't think he'll have any trouble finding another gig.

I saw last night the rundown of Portland's draft pick woes... crazy names that they missed out on.

It's like we've come to expect this craziness. Season/career ending Injuries, missed superstars in the draft, cancerous players, etc...

Looks like we have another month of Felton. Let the rebuilding begin, again.
    JMo wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

It's like we've come to expect this craziness. Season/career ending Injuries, missed superstars in the draft, cancerous players, etc...

I've always wondered how things would've been had Jordan played along side Drexler...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    JMo wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

I've always wondered how things would've been had Jordan played along side Drexler...
    All I know is if we win that coin toss and get Olajuwon instead of Bowie/Jordan there may not have been the Michael Jordan that we all know and love today. I think the Blazer's with the Dream dominate everyone in it's path. Especially if you know Sabonis comes over as well in his prime.

I for one am happy with the Blazer moves yesterday. Nate McMillan is a terrible X's and O's coach and he doesn't play rookies. It needed to happen.

Another funny thing is to look at the 2009 lottery picks and to see which ones the Blazer's now have :lol:

Here are the top seven picks of the 2009 NBA Draft: Blake Griffin, Hasheem Thabeet, James Harden, Tyreke Evans, Ricky Rubio, Jonny Flynn, Stephen Curry. Guess which two the Blazers got?
    NERDS!
    Thabeet and Flynn. Both total busts.

It has been a struggle to watch this group of talented guys just choke away the season. I'd like to see Nolan Smith at starting PG. I mean, he played for Coach K for 4 years, right? He should be able to be a decent PG in the NBA. Just not in McMillans System.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    JMo wrote:

I still can't believe Thabeet was a #2 pick.
  • JMo wrote:

It has been a struggle to watch this group of talented guys just choke away the season. I'd like to see Nolan Smith at starting PG. I mean, he played for Coach K for 4 years, right? He should be able to be a decent PG in the NBA. Just not in McMillans System.
    I agree.

PG Smith
    SG E Will (when he gets back)
    SF Batum
    PF Aldrige
    C Gorilla

Bench rotation: Babbitt, Rhino, Matthews, Flynn, Thabeet.

I've been playing with the lottery machine on ESPN. I did see a scenario where we got pick 3 and 6. Most of the time we end up with Cody Zeller and Jeremy Lamb.
    NERDS!
    JMo wrote:

I agree.

PG Smith
    SF Batum
    PF Aldrige
    C Gorilla

I've been playing with the lottery machine on ESPN. I did see a scenario where we got pick 3 and 6. Most of the time we end up with Cody Zeller and Jeremy Lamb.

I agree with that line-up. Hope E Will is not as bad as they say. That rotation will produce better than what we had.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    JMo wrote:

I still can't believe Thabeet was a #2 pick.
    I still can't believe it either. He wasn't ready to go to the league.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • JMo wrote:
    JMo wrote:

I agree.

PG Smith
    SF Batum
    PF Aldrige
    C Gorilla

I agree with that line-up. Hope E Will is not as bad as they say. That rotation will produce better than what we had.

Buchanan is saying it's doubtful E Will comes back this season. That dislocation was pretty gnarly.

Enormous win tonight! Suck it Bulls! :mrgreen:
    NERDS!
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    i know i was a bit busy with watching Duke lose but was that LeBron I saw making the dagger shot against the 76ers? Does that somehow not count because he had success?
    Dwyane Wade looked real clutch last night going for that steal too the Heat easily win that game without LeBron. Just like the first 3 rounds of the playoffs last year.
    oh why oh why do my raptors keep winning!???? ... arrghhhhhhhhhh ... :evil:
    RW81233 wrote:
    i know i was a bit busy with watching Duke lose but was that LeBron I saw making the dagger shot against the 76ers? Does that somehow not count because he had success?
    :cookie:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited March 2012
    polaris_x wrote:
    oh why oh why do my raptors keep winning!???? ... arrghhhhhhhhhh ... :evil:
    You looking for a lottery pick?

Last nights win against Memphis makes two wins that I know of for the Raptors this year that have been great inter-conference road wins. The other was Utah..... :evil:
    Post edited by dcfaithful on
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    The bottom of the West is pretty close, which makes things a little more exciting. I loved watching Rubio play this season, but when I saw the headline of his ACL, the Jazz fan in me cheered for the likelihood that Minnesota (who is close to Utah in the race for that 8th spot) might lose some crucial games.

Crazy to see the Bucks in the 8th spot with a losing record. There is certainly a drop off in the East.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    RW81233 wrote:

malik rose (the sixers color analyst) said when that happened: "well mark, that's what he does...at least in the regular season anyway" :lol:

couldn't help but think of good ol' rw! hahaha
    www.myspace.com
    dcfaithful wrote:

Crazy to see the Bucks in the 8th spot with a losing record. There is certainly a drop off in the East.

the east is very top heavy. the bottom half is aweful.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

the east is very top heavy. the bottom half is aweful.
    Definitely is.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    RW81233 wrote:

malik rose (the sixers color analyst) said when that happened: "well mark, that's what he does...at least in the regular season anyway" :lol:

couldn't help but think of good ol' rw! hahaha
    it's one of those things that is funny b/c it's both true and untrue.
    Thank the sweet lord for Derrick Favors last night.

I am anxious to see this kid enter his own... in about another 4-5 years, I predict. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL