The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    HAHA I know...but this is what bitterness over Odom's stay in Dallas has done to me.

I can understand. Granted he really did have some bad shit happen in his personal life which from person to person, I sympathize, but with that said he never appeared to approach his task in Dallas as a true professional. Acting butt-hurt about the trade from LA, then not wanting to be in Dallas really shining through in his performances. Getting traded is all a part of the business of basketball. Not sure why he didn't understand that...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    dcfaithful wrote:
    HAHA I know...but this is what bitterness over Odom's stay in Dallas has done to me.

I can understand. Granted he really did have some bad shit happen in his personal life which from person to person, I sympathize, but with that said he never appeared to approach his task in Dallas as a true professional. Acting butt-hurt about the trade from LA, then not wanting to be in Dallas really shining through in his performances. Getting traded is all a part of the business of basketball. Not sure why he didn't understand that...

remember, he wanted to be traded...after the cp3 deal fell through, lamar asked mitch to trade him...dallas should have taken this as a sign that maybe not all of lamar's oars are hitting water

as for him coming back...doubtful but depending how the playoff play out, kobe might demand him and fish to come back...cuz lord knows all the lakers need are more old guys :roll:
    norm wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

remember, he wanted to be traded...after the cp3 deal fell through, lamar asked mitch to trade him...dallas should have taken this as a sign that maybe not all of lamar's oars are hitting water

Yeah, he demanded a trade after he got his feelings hurt by finding out he was trade bait. When your team is involved in a trade rumor of that caliber, I think it's safe to assume that the only person on the Lakers that is safe at that point is Kobe.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Newch91 wrote:

that's some good weed oj's got
    norm wrote:

No doubt man. Didn't know Memphis had that kind of chronic. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Good article about the strides that Kevin Love has made this season.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/Lov ... ansforming

It's a shame the Wolves are int he position they are now. If he was on a more contending team, sure enough he'd have to get some nods for MVP. His numbers are off the charts.

If him and Rubio stay together, I really see them becoming a huge duo. It was a real shame what happened to Rubio with him tearing his ACL, he's such an exciting player to watch. Reminds of a good old #12 that used to set up The Mailman's deliveries. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,918
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Reminds of a good old #12 that used to set up The Mailman's deliveries. 8-)

speaking of which....are we hoping for the playoffs or for better draft picks? :? :crazy:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    dcfaithful wrote:

Where was Newman when you neeed him in 97 and 98 :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Relishing in Jerry being locked up. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

He's right here at the 6:20 mark http://youtu.be/SiAqzftbmCQ :P
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
    imalive wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

speaking of which....are we hoping for the playoffs or for better draft picks? :? :crazy:

Draft picks would probably be better for us in the long run, but KOC and management have made it publicly known that they are shooting for nothing less than the playoffs this year.

I agree it would be a huge confidence booster, and maybe some incentive for players to stick around so we can maintain some consistency as far as personnel. But, Utah usually does quite well in the draft, and KOC could make some good decisions with the lottery picks we would have if we didn't make the playoffs.

Personally as a fan though, I'd like to see them make the playoffs. I wouldn't expect them to get out of the first round (depending on the match up, they could though), but just seeing Utah in the playoffs again and reminding the NBA world that we're not to be taken so lightly would be great.

Having said that though, if the team continues on the track they're on now, I say give it 2 years and Utah can become the consistent playoff team that they have always been known to be. But this is from a Jazz fan's perspective. 8-)

The Jazz just need to win these last 4 road games and we'll be in good shape. They've got some good, tough games (road and home) ahead of them though, so it'll be a good test.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,918
    dcfaithful wrote:

The Jazz just need to win these last 4 road games and we'll be in good shape.

"just"? :shock: :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

they haven't clinched yet??? what are you waiting on.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    imalive wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

It's all about confidence, man. Everyone is beatable. Like I said recently, confidence is just as powerful as skill. :)

Can't drop any home games either. Especially the one coming up against Phoenix.

In all reality, I talk a big game for them. I'm nervous as shit going down the stretch of this season. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    81 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

they haven't clinched yet??? what are you waiting on.

Apparently we're waiting on Phoenix to lose, but that simply just hasn't been happening. :x
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Well I'll be .... I just checked the standings and the Pacers are 3rd in the east.

It's amazing how nobody in the state follows them or talks about them anymore.
    Thanks a lot, Metta World Asshole.
    Jason P wrote:
    Thanks a lot, Metta World Asshole.

Asshole can be swapped with "crazy person" as well, depending on how you are feeling.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    speaking of metta :? :lol::lol::lol:
    Those technicalities didn't stop Odom's childhood friend and former Lakers teammate Metta World Peace from devising a plan to bring Odom back to the purple and gold, however.

"Maybe he can come back and be a ball boy and then next year, come play," World Peace said with a cat-that-ate-the-canary grin on his face following the Lakers' 93-91 win over the New Orleans Hornets on Monday. "That's what he should do. He'd be the first ball boy in the NBA that can play. Come back; get the towels and next year, play. Why not? He should be a scout. Lamar should be a scout."

"Lamar should just like for one month, just be a Boy Scout and wear the outfit," World Peace, taking the joke a step further. "Just have fun. You're getting paid."

He was then asked, What kind of merit badges would Odom earn?

"It would probably something that had to do with candy ... Skittles ... It would probably taste good," World Peace said. "Sweet. Edible. I guess."

As a reporter started to ask a question about the Lakers' pivotal game against the San Antonio Spurs coming up on Wednesday, World Peace interrupted the query to continue with the rant.

"What's the biggest mountain in the world?" World Peace blurted out. "(Odom) should hike it. He should go hike it. Do something that's never been done."

A reporter pointed out that Nowitzki had spent the summer after the Mavericks' 2007 first-round playoff upset against the Golden State Warriors hiking the Bavarian Alps.

"He hiked a big mountain?" World Peace asked.

No, just mountains, the reporter replied.

"The big one," World Peace said. "I'm talking about the big one. Dirk, he ain't hiking that big mountain. He ain't going on the big one. I'm going on the big one."
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Look who's charging? Celtics need to crush the Heat tonight, then they only have 2 games left on the schedule against difficult teams. Its not out of the question they grab the 3 seed in a few weeks. However, they match up better in a 2nd round showdown with the Heat than the Bulls. The way this team is playing right now, its not a stretch to see them in the conference finals.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Look who's charging? Celtics need to crush the Heat tonight, then they only have 2 games left on the schedule against difficult teams. Its not out of the question they grab the 3 seed in a few weeks. However, they match up better in a 2nd round showdown with the Heat than the Bulls. The way this team is playing right now, its not a stretch to see them in the conference finals.

you'd rather play the bulls ... that team is carrying a lot of injuries including rose ...

anyways ... go suns ... love to see nash make the post season with a bunch of scrubs ... mvp in my opinion ...
    polaris_x wrote:

you'd rather play the bulls ... that team is carrying a lot of injuries including rose ...

anyways ... go suns ... love to see nash make the post season with a bunch of scrubs ... mvp in my opinion ...

rose will be fine. he had no issues with his groin after sunday's game...although he did tweak an ankle but played thru it.

boston doesn't match up well with the bulls....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    No doubt about that. But it won't matter after the Knicks shock the Bulls in the first round. Celtics v Thunder in the finals.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    81 wrote:
    No doubt about that. But it won't matter after the Knicks shock the Bulls in the first round. Celtics v Thunder in the finals.

:lol:

knicks got lucky....Bulls play their worst 1st qtr in years.....only to come storming back...make a 1 of 4 ft's and that game is over. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    81 wrote:
    rose will be fine. he had no issues with his groin after sunday's game...although he did tweak an ankle but played thru it.

derrick rose is hurt all kinds ... he is his own worst enemy ... he keeps trying to play through things ... rip is hurt, noah is hurt, deng, etc ...

i actually think they matchup worse against the heat ... they've beaten and lost to both teams this season ... i just think chicago is all kinds of banged up now ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:

derrick rose is hurt all kinds ... he is his own worst enemy ... he keeps trying to play through things ... rip is hurt, noah is hurt, deng, etc ...

i actually think they matchup worse against the heat ... they've beaten and lost to both teams this season ... i just think chicago is all kinds of banged up now ...
    Yeah, if the Bulls do end up winning it all this year, these guys gotta be 100%. I think the Bulls are VERY vulnerable given their injuries.
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:

rose isn't all kinds of hurt. yes he's had a number of injuries, but those have all healed. we are talking an ankle that was turned in the 2nd qtr sunday that he finished the game on....and made some crazy moves on. he just needs to find his shot again.

noah is fine

rip seems to be healthy finally...but he needs to find his rythem and shot..no doubt about that.

Deng is the biggest issue...he has shown improvement the last couple of weeks with finding his shot and scoring moves.

assuming no new injuries, i'm not worried about injuries going forward.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I think it's fair to say at this point that the Celtics are still a team that you shouldn't completely brush off. They've got the experience, and the calm nerves when things are in crunch time to surprise the doubters.

Are they title takers this year? Most likely not, but I'd expect them to put on a good show in the playoffs.

Fuck Miami.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Great game