The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    Rose's backup. He's a solid shooter/ball handler.... he could run the offense a little more effiently, but he's not bad. he could start for a lot of teams.

interesting

what has happened to boozer? (i really don't follow the league that closely anymore :lol: )
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Rose's backup. He's a solid shooter/ball handler.... he could run the offense a little more effiently, but he's not bad. he could start for a lot of teams.

interesting

what has happened to boozer? (i really don't follow the league that closely anymore :lol: )

he doesn't rotate on defense and he can't jump more than 6 inchs. in one on one defense, he puts up a hand and players just shoot over him.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:

he doesn't rotate on defense and he can't jump more than 6 inchs. in one on one defense, he puts up a hand and players just shoot over him.

Boozer is pretty good on the offense, but yeah... his defense is far from impressive.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    81 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    eh...fairly average looking dunk

:lol:

i would expect nothing less from you

http://www.nba.com/video/games/bulls/20 ... recap.nba/

2:05 mark if you want to see it.
    Lebron jumps over people's heads and gets less love jeez...haha it was pretty sexy.
    RW81233 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    eh...fairly average looking dunk

i would expect nothing less from you

http://www.nba.com/video/games/bulls/20 ... recap.nba/

2:05 mark if you want to see it.
    Lebron jumps over people's heads and gets less love jeez...haha it was pretty sexy.

yeah, but that was the blake dunk day...and in fairness....lucas the third is only like 3' 7" :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    And we have our first "big" trade

@WojYahooNBA Bucks and Warriors have agreed in principle on trade to send Bogut and Jackson to Warriors for Ellis, Udoh and Brown, league source tells Y!
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    @WaddleandSilvy
    Talk about #Magic...the #BoxScoreChampion Lebron James disappears in crunch time AGAIN. #Miami remains in denial. #NBA
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    81 wrote:
    @WaddleandSilvy
    Talk about #Magic...the #BoxScoreChampion Lebron James disappears in crunch time AGAIN. #Miami remains in denial. #NBA

in fairness, d wade missed a bunch of shots late too. they both choked this time. :lol:

hopefully that was howard's last game in a magic uniform. ellis was one of the guys they were reportedly interested in to convince him to stay. last night all howard said was that he wanted to finish the season with the magic, not sign an extension. they are stupid not to trade him (assuming they cannot pull off some miraculous trade to improve the team today).

#? :?
    www.myspace.com
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    he's got a team that can win this year - gross - and wants to keep jersey intact with deron williams
    RW81233 wrote:
    he's got a team that can win this year - gross - and wants to keep jersey intact with deron williams

they will win regular season games, but they aren't contenders.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    soo ... melo wants out of NY now!?? ... :lol::lol::lol: ... what a joke ...
    polaris_x wrote:

does he really? ahhhhahahahaha
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

well ... it's a report from the Post so take it with a grain of salt ... his agent denies it tho ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

well ... it's a report from the Post so take it with a grain of salt ... his agent denies it tho ...

just read the espn article on the knicks and saw there was a rumor of melo/tyson for dwight and turk
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    81 wrote:

@WojYahooNBA Bucks and Warriors have agreed in principle on trade to send Bogut and Jackson to Warriors for Ellis, Udoh and Brown, league source tells Y!

What do you think of this trade? A lot of unhealthy players swapping teams IMO
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
    81 wrote:
    just read the espn article on the knicks and saw there was a rumor of melo/tyson for dwight and turk

turk ... what a pile of shit ...
    81 wrote:

seems like a fair enough trade. not a huge fan of giving up a big guy, but the dude can't seem to stay on the court although the injuries are all unique and not a single issue happpening time and time again. seems like the bucks jsut became the warriors with a small high scoring back court.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:

turk ... what a pile of shit ...

seems like he needs to be in orlando to play decent. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

seems like a fair enough trade. not a huge fan of giving up a big guy, but the dude can't seem to stay on the court although the injuries are all unique and not a single issue happpening time and time again. seems like the bucks jsut became the warriors with a small high scoring back court.

Those were my thoughts. I don't know if anyone really came out ahead on this one
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
    81 wrote:
    seems like he needs to be in orlando to play decent. :lol:

not this year ... not even dwight can help this turd this year ... he is garbage ...
    Mike D'Antoni quits
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    :lol: the knicks put the function in dysfunction :lol:
    81 wrote:
    Mike D'Antoni quits

phil!?
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Mike D'Antoni quits

phil!?

doubtful ...but with phil you never know
    so glad the lakers didn't trade for melo
    So this challenge just hit my inbox from one Bill Simmons: “Yo, Koppelman," it began, "… write a Carmelo rant for our sports blog today.” It was followed by an e-mail from Grantland editor Dan Fierman, also calling me out for "whine, whine, whining” on Twitter instead of really saying something.

OK, boys, if it’s a rant you want, it’s a rant you get. But I’m warning you, it ain’t gonna be pretty. It ain’t gonna be stat-filled or fair and balanced. Because after a lifetime of Knick fandom, I don’t have an ounce of fair or balanced left.

Let’s start with the disgraceful commercials the Knicks ran in welcoming Carmelo Anthony to the team. These ads, designed to stir the emotions of long-suffering Knickerbocker lifers like me, had the audacity to compare this selfish, ball-hogging, team-chemistry killer to Bernard King, probably the most beloved Knick of all time, after Willis Reed, and the one Knick since the '70s who performed in the clutch, played hurt, never complained, and gave us hope that we might actually win a championship. This is not unlike comparing Paulie to Luca Brasi in The Godfather. One sells out the Don for a few extra bucks. The other dies for him.

You want specifics? Well, it’s not about any complicated sports-geek metric. It’s just this: The Knicks are a winning team without Carmelo, and a losing team with him. I can talk about shots per game, Mike D'Antoni's offense, Amar’e Stoudemire’s conditioning, but what it comes down to, in the end, is that Carmelo Anthony, on the court, does not care about anything but Carmelo Anthony.

Just watch two quarters and you’ll see it. First few plays, he runs the lanes, has his eyes up, even makes a pass or two. But then it starts, usually after one of his teammates misses a shot or has the audacity to throw the ball to someone other than Carmelo. That’s all the justification he needs to take matters into his own hands — which means dribbling the ball until there are about eight seconds left on the clock before shooting (and usually missing), no matter where he is on the court.

Sometimes, if he’s in an even worse mood, he just dribbles across half court and fires up a 3, without even waiting for anyone else to get under the basket. And let’s not even talk about defense. Because what would there be to say?

And that’s not the worst of it. The worst of it is the effect he has on all the other players. Anthony, by sulking, by demanding the ball, by refusing to even acknowledge he’s part of a team, has killed all the momentum the Knicks built up, all the team spirit that surfaced when he was injured. I believe Jeremy Lin is the real deal and will be a starting point guard in the league for a long time, but what Linsanity really boiled down to was this: a team jelling, a team having fun, a team remembering that basketball could be a great game to play. That’s an important thing in this shortened, intense season. Actually liking basketball and having a blast out there on the court results in wins. I saw it with my own eyes. And don’t get started with the whole, "The Knicks didn’t play anyone during the streak” argument. Because that’s crap. We beat the Lakers and the Mavericks — and both teams were out for blood.

Carmelo has now taken all of that positive energy and joy and he’s wrecked it. Because that’s what he is, a joy wrecker. Just ask the guys on the Nuggets if they like it better now or when he was their "leader."

The really painful part of this is that most of us knew this was a mistake before the Knicks made the trade. (Donnie Walsh knew it, too, which is why he’s no longer with the team.) The truth is, the anger I feel toward Carmelo is really anger that should be directed at owner James Dolan. If ‘Melo is Paulie, then Dolan, to continue the Godfather analogy, is basically Fredo, if Fredo were twice as stupid and three times as jumpy. When Fredo panicked, all he did was fumble the gun, sit down, and cry. Dolan would’ve accidentally fired it, hitting his father another couple of times in the back, before running away and hiding.

Well, I’m sick and tired of getting shot in the back by James Dolan. And, speaking for most Knicks fans, I demand that he trade Carmelo Anthony before the deadline expires. I know he won’t. Because that would require Dolan admitting he was wrong about something and then actually doing something about it. Which will never happen.

And so I will spend the rest of the season curled up in the fetal position as I watch Carmelo destroy our team’s offense, our team’s chemistry, and our team’s promising point guard, Jeremy Lin. And all I’ll be able to do about it is tweet.

The news of Mike D'Antoni's resignation broke after I penned this rant. So there you have it. Carmelo and Dolan put a bullet in the head of the guy who found a way to win with all his supposed stars on the bench. The guy who actually gave the Garden 10 days of hope.

I hope whoever comes in next knows to always sit with his back to the wall and his eyes on the front door. Or at least has a gun hidden behind the tank of an old-fashioned chain toilet.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-trian ... oy-wrecker
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    norm wrote:
    :lol: the knicks put the function in dysfunction :lol:

i love it :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Howard getting loopy
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    Howard getting loopy

this is what chris broussard reminds me of. Can't take that guy seriously

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-con ... ppelle.jpg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Howard getting loopy

this is what chris broussard reminds me of. Can't take that guy seriously

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-con ... ppelle.jpg
    :lol::lol::lol: Chris Broussard annoys the hell out of me.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful