The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    they should ship him to chicago for boozer, asik and 5 first round draft picks. :P

twin towers

no.

the interior defense would be amazing....i'd buy season tickets if it happened.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    polaris_x wrote:
    not sure how many teams feel they can really win a championship this year ...

out east...you are looking at miami and chicago as the contenders, end of story

the west seems to be more wide open with lower quality contenders

i think whomever comes out of the east takse it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    81 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

i hope the sixers get your bulls in the 2nd round ;)
    www.myspace.com
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    81 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

i dunno ... i think there are so many teams in the east that are horrible that they are making miami and chicago better than they are ... for sure elite and serious contenders but i think the western teams are just as good ... i think if OKC can get another big for the bench - they will be tough ...

i'd be ok with that, considering you guys think a 2nd round appearance is a max out. :P

to edit my west...it's Oklahoma..........san antonio....la
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

i'd be ok with that, considering you guys think a 2nd round appearance is a max out. :P

to edit my west...it's Oklahoma..........san antonio....la

haha...touche. they match up better against the bulls than miami though. think that would be a good series.
    www.myspace.com
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

i dunno ... i think there are so many teams in the east that are horrible that they are making miami and chicago better than they are ... for sure elite and serious contenders but i think the western teams are just as good ... i think if OKC can get another big for the bench - they will be tough ...

i forgot about OK..they have to be the favorite to come out of the west. even as they stand today, they will be a tough out. i think san antonio could make some noise. a short season benifits them i think. maybe the lakers get hot.

i agree, once you get past the top 4 or 5 teams in the east, it becomes a shit confrence with the likes of the bobcats, pistons, cavs, wizards, knicks etc etc :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    eh...fairly average looking dunk
    81 wrote:

i hate when the home team wears their alternate jerseys. it's confusing at first glance. so used to thinking white uniforms= home team.

the heat's black one's are the worst.
    www.myspace.com
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    My man Al Jefferson had a huge night last night. 33 pts, 12 rebounds, 2 blocks and hitting the first 3 pointer of his career at the end of the game.

As the headlines have been saying, Al played with a heavy heart with the passing of his grandmother.

I am probably delusional, but I hope Al stays in Utah for a long time to come. I love the guy's attitude, and his commitment and loyalty to his team. His work on being more of a passing player this year has really opened up his game too.

Fuck yeah, Big Al.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    edited March 2012
    RW81233 wrote:
    eh...fairly average looking dunk

:lol:

i would expect nothing less from you

http://www.nba.com/video/games/bulls/20 ... recap.nba/

2:05 mark if you want to see it.
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

i hate when the home team wears their alternate jerseys. it's confusing at first glance. so used to thinking white uniforms= home team.

the heat's black one's are the worst.

it was latin night...i think they only print one jersey that they use at home and on the road for those games.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    dcfaithful wrote:
    My man Al Jefferson had a huge night last night. 33 pts, 12 rebounds, 2 blocks and hitting the first 3 pointer of his career at the end of the game.

As the headlines have been saying, Al played with a heavy heart with the passing of his grandmother.

I am probably delusional, but I hope Al stays in Utah for a long time to come. I love the guy's attitude, and his commitment and loyalty to his team. His work on being more of a passing player this year has really opened up his game too.

Fuck yeah, Big Al.

devin harris had a good game last nite ... man, i hope he's finally getting comfortable there ... and hope tyrone gives him more PT ... my fantasy season hangs on it ... haha
    polaris_x wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Fuck yeah, Big Al.

devin harris had a good game last nite ... man, i hope he's finally getting comfortable there ... and hope tyrone gives him more PT ... my fantasy season hangs on it ... haha

From the looks of it, Devin is getting more comfortable. I hope he can just maintain the consistency. Our team really needs a couple players to be reliable. We've got Al who for the most part is a consistent player. Millsap is someone we could really benefit from having a good night more often. If you get Harris as the third player with some consistency (in play and minutes) then that'd be great.

and if Hayward can catch some fire and stay hot... good things on the horizon.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    From the looks of it, Devin is getting more comfortable. I hope he can just maintain the consistency. Our team really needs a couple players to be reliable. We've got Al who for the most part is a consistent player. Millsap is someone we could really benefit from having a good night more often. If you get Harris as the third player with some consistency (in play and minutes) then that'd be great.

millsap is a complete player ... i would overpay for him ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

millsap is a complete player ... i would overpay for him ...

I agree. Millsap is underrated in my book. He's more consistent than not, but he's had a handful of forgettable games this season.

When Jefferson and Millsap are both on, the Jazz's inside game is one of the best. The two are really beginning to play well off of one another.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,920
    dcfaithful wrote:

I am probably delusional, but I hope Al stays in Utah for a long time to come.

he'll do whatever the girlfriend wants ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

If she says "go to LA" I really hope he kicks her to the god damn curb. :P
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,920
    dcfaithful wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

If she says "go to LA" I really hope he kicks her to the god damn curb. :P

he's going wherever she says! :lol:

Story.jpg

courtesy SLCPD
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I agree. Millsap is underrated in my book. He's more consistent than not, but he's had a handful of forgettable games this season.

When Jefferson and Millsap are both on, the Jazz's inside game is one of the best. The two are really beginning to play well off of one another.

honestly i haven't seen too many jazz games ... but it seems that when millsap has a bad game - it's either because he got in foul trouble or he's deferred to big al ... which is fine i think ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

honestly i haven't seen too many jazz games ... but it seems that when millsap has a bad game - it's either because he got in foul trouble or he's deferred to big al ... which is fine i think ...

I do recall a couple of games where he was in foul trouble early, which resulted in him not playing as much, which then results in a more likely Jazz loss.

Do you have league pass, or do you just watch games televised on TNT, ABC, and ESPN?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I do recall a couple of games where he was in foul trouble early, which resulted in him not playing as much, which then results in a more likely Jazz loss.

Do you have league pass, or do you just watch games televised on TNT, ABC, and ESPN?

truthfully ... i don't watch a lot of games ... the ones i do are the tnt/espn/nba tv games ...
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    The Chicago Bulls are exploring avenues to acquire Los Angeles Lakers forward Pau Gasol before Thursday's trade deadline, according to sources close to the situation.
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/ ... ources-say
    norm wrote:
    The Chicago Bulls are exploring avenues to acquire Los Angeles Lakers forward Pau Gasol before Thursday's trade deadline, according to sources close to the situation.

i just don't see anybody taking boozer
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

Just let anyone interested know that they should move all duffel bags out of any of his walking paths. :P
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

well i know the lakers shouldn't...we need a pg
    norm wrote:

the last time they discussed it, CJ Watson would have been teh PG going back.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

who? :lol:
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

who? :lol:

Rose's backup. He's a solid shooter/ball handler.... he could run the offense a little more effiently, but he's not bad. he could start for a lot of teams.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg