The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    imalive wrote:
    oh....how about yesterday's halftime entertainment? I may have to download some Pitbull :roll: :lol:

they need to bring toni braxton back.
    www.myspace.com
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    imalive wrote:
    oh....how about yesterday's halftime entertainment? I may have to download some Pitbull :roll: :lol:
    There is no denying that Pitbull is one of the most creative, influential, and down right genius artists of this era.

:lol::lol: :roll:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Who or what is pitbull :?:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Exactly.

It's clubbin' music. That's all you need to know.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

Exactly.

It's clubbin' music. That's all you need to know.

i think he's in some bud light commercial or something
    www.myspace.com
  • Watching alley-oop dunks with no one trying to guard for about 3 quarters was getting pretty old. What was it, 88 pts the West had at halftime? I think its fun to see they guys out there having fun and joking around, but at least attempting to block the lane to the hoop once in a while would be nice too.

I also agree that this dunk contest was beyond weak. There were better dunks in the first five minutes of the game than most of the contest dunks by the no namers.
    why is there no defense or anything resembling defense in the nba all star game?

i can understand it in football and hockey with less hitting to avoid injuries and stuff. but defense in basketball is just a natural part of the game. i've never understood that.

didn't watch 1 second of that game last night. mlb is the only allstar game i watch...they're all bad though.
    www.myspace.com
    why is there no defense or anything resembling defense in the nba all star game?

i can understand it in football and hockey with less hitting to avoid injuries and stuff. but defense in basketball is just a natural part of the game. i've never understood that.

didn't watch 1 second of that game last night. mlb is the only allstar game i watch...they're all bad though.
    I was thinking last night....wouldn't it make sense to play the mlb starters the last three innings eith the game on the line?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I also agree that this dunk contest was beyond weak. There were better dunks in the first five minutes of the game than most of the contest dunks by the no namers.

That Iguodala rockin the cradle dunk was better than almost every dunk in the contest. The only 2 I was impressed with were the 2 balled alley oop and the Derrick Willaims oop off the side of the backboard. They need to up the ante. Gotta hit the big guys in the ego somehow to get the big guys to participate. I think an absurdly huge donation in the winners name would be good for starters.

Chase Bodinger should be barred from NBA for his performance. That step counting was painful to watch.

The preplanned theatrics have to go. Even Griffin's last year was freaking weak. I've seen streetballers jump over the roofs of cars.

The format was awful too. For the first round at least keep the 2 miss minimum.

Far as the game goes, it's actually pretty decent relative to what actually goes on in most regular season games.
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    nba-all-star-basketba_hasc_s160x257.jpg?166882d846955456b26226a664a93d78183c17db
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
    81 wrote:

I was thinking last night....wouldn't it make sense to play the mlb starters the last three innings eith the game on the line?

if the game actually "counts" for home field in the world series, i would think they'd play all 9 if they really cared about winning. :roll:
    www.myspace.com
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i actually like how the all star game is ... as long as it's not blatant no D ... and then in the 4th quarter everything tightens up ... sunday's game was good ...
    81 wrote:

if the game actually "counts" for home field in the world series, i would think they'd play all 9 if they really cared about winning. :roll:

baby steps
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    polaris_x wrote:
    i actually like how the all star game is ... as long as it's not blatant no D ... and then in the 4th quarter everything tightens up ... sunday's game was good ...

first 3 qtrs are unwatchable.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    81 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

c'mon ... steve nash bounce pass to westbrook ... westbrook's off the glass lay up ... there was some decent plays ... bynum blocking dwight ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rAUaEYvvQE
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

c'mon ... steve nash bounce pass to westbrook ... westbrook's off the glass lay up ... there was some decent plays ... bynum blocking dwight ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rAUaEYvvQE

unwatchable....so those plays are not in the memory bank.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,920
    "itsunfortunateIsendmyapologies"

most insincere apology EVER. I love it. :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Hell has frozen over. The Jazz went 16-16 from the charity stripe last night.

:shock:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Oral history of the Malice at the Palace.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/761 ... ice-palace
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    4eadae682909e5571fe2c1a4fc6acd34_M.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,920
    norm wrote:

no video exists; two photographers on hand...one left in the first half.

I loved Wilt....until he became a lak*r :evil: :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:

no video exists; two photographers on hand...one left in the first half.

I loved Wilt....until he became a lak*r :evil: :lol:

the guy who gave him that sign to hold is still the sixers statistician. he's the reeeeeeeeeeeally old looking dude sitting right next the the pa announcer for every home game.

i'm going to the game toinght. they are giving everying a 2 inch by 2 inch piece of the court.
    www.myspace.com
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i'm going to the game toinght. they are giving everying a 2 inch by 2 inch piece of the court.

gonna make it tough to play the game, no?
    norm wrote:

i think it will make it more interesting.
    www.myspace.com
    norm wrote:
    :thumbup:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    norm wrote:

i think it will make it more interesting.

ice basketball...sweet.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Lamar Odom headed to the D-League.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball- ... 28346.html
    Newch91 wrote:

saw that.....he is this lockout's shawn kemp
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    nice win DC...nice win.