The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    and instead the Bulls owned the NBA for 6 titles in a span of 8 years.

I respect his efforts as a coach, but I am happy to say thank the lord there is no more Phil Jackson.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,421
    Lebron James is a perfect example of why I dont really give a fuck about professional sports....

I watch the Bears play during the football season, but thats really about it..
    Hockey?? I didnt watch a game until playoff time...
    Basketball?? I watched a total of 10 minutes of the finals, and MAYBE a total of 3-5 games all season...
    Baseball?? I will watch a total of maybe 10-15 games all year...If that

These multi-million dollar thugs, pieces of shit, can go fuck themselves. Lebron says the rest of us can go back to our pathetic lives? Or however the fuck he put it. Whatever Lebron.

It is statements like this that make me happy to say I REFUSE to spend my money and go see a sporting event live.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    dcfaithful wrote:

I respect his efforts as a coach, but I am happy to say thank the lord there is no more Phil Jackson.

could have been 8 or 9 straight.

would they have beaten Houston in 94/95?

Could they have repeated again in 99?

it's possible and would have been off the charts...sadly, we will never know.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

I've thought about the Houston thing... would've been some good series.

As far as '99 goes, if they could've kept their core... they probably could've done it.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    The 81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

The Boston Celtics went 11–1 in the NBA Finals during thirteen seasons (1956–1957 to 1968–1969). The Boston Celtics won the NBA Finals 8 years in a row during the 1958–59 to 1965–66 NBA seasons.

You mean this chart?
    #FHP
    Lebron James is a perfect example of why I dont really give a fuck about professional sports....

Basketball?? I watched a total of 10 minutes of the finals, and MAYBE a total of 3-5 games all season...

These multi-million dollar thugs, pieces of shit, can go fuck themselves. Lebron says the rest of us can go back to our pathetic lives? Or however the fuck he put it. Whatever Lebron.

It is statements like this that make me happy to say I REFUSE to spend my money and go see a sporting event live.

At the end of the day, there is no hiding the fact that LeBron is a douchelord. His recent comments really solidified to me that his mindset is that he is better than others.

I wanted Dallas to win big time because I really admire Dirk's game... but a part of me was just as happy if not slightly more happy to see LeBron lose.

Bosh crying was pretty awesome too. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    The 81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

The Boston Celtics went 11–1 in the NBA Finals during thirteen seasons (1956–1957 to 1968–1969). The Boston Celtics won the NBA Finals 8 years in a row during the 1958–59 to 1965–66 NBA seasons.

You mean this chart?

Just one of the many testaments as to why The Boston Celtics are one of the greatest franchises ever.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    The 81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

You mean this chart?

9 in a row would have been off that chart as your chart only goes to 8. :lol:

any way you slice it, what those 90's bulls did was amazing. as was the stone age Celtics accomplishments. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393

He never said pathetic. His point was that there are bigger issues than how the Miami Heat and he do in the playoffs. In other words the world keeps on turning whether they win or not. Dan Gilbert still gets to own an NBA franchise that we are supposed to feel bad for instead of going to jail. Our economy still sucks just as much today as it did yesterday, and the Heat losing isn't going to change that. Of course it's not easy to hear that from someone who spent 16 years of his life with no dad living in Akron, Ohio, then gets paid enough to buy a Lexus by the time he's done watching X-Men: First Class or something for the rest of his life. I thought Zirin's article really put his comments into perspective.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    RW81233 wrote:

He never said pathetic. His point was that there are bigger issues than how the Miami Heat and he do in the playoffs. In other words the world keeps on turning whether they win or not. Dan Gilbert still gets to own an NBA franchise that we are supposed to feel bad for instead of going to jail. Our economy still sucks just as much today as it did yesterday, and the Heat losing isn't going to change that. Of course it's not easy to hear that from someone who spent 16 years of his life with no dad living in Akron, Ohio, then gets paid enough to buy a Lexus by the time he's done watching X-Men: First Class or something for the rest of his life. I thought Zirin's article really put his comments into perspective.

It wasn't the "tomorrow you guys go back to your regular lives" it was the "while me and mine get to go do what we want, when we want".
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    RW81233 wrote:

What he said is what he meant. He thinks he's better than most of us.Thing is he's just plain too stupid to say the right thing ever. He's never had to try to learn anything because he's gifted physically.
    #FHP
    RW81233 wrote:

What he said is what he meant. He thinks he's better than most of us.Thing is he's just plain too stupid to say the right thing ever. He's never had to try to learn anything because he's gifted physically.

Oh god, I wonder how many athletes that statement would apply to. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    How about business owners and politicians because they were born into the right families and went to the right schools? It's not just athletes.
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Oh god, I wonder how many athletes that statement would apply to. :lol:

i would guess alot....

they also say he likes to read press clippings about himslef
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    RW81233 wrote:
    How about business owners and politicians because they were born into the right families and went to the right schools? It's not just athletes.

for sure ... there are a lot of people with entitlement issues ... the only point here is that lebron is definitely one of them ...
    RW81233 wrote:

and those that walk around yapping about how great they are are douches as well.

just look at this board and i'm sure you can find a few members on here that were born into money and act holier than thou

i'm sure you can also find some with money that don't brag about anything

i'm sure you can also find some that worn born piss poor and have risen above their humble beginings, yet they don't look down on those with less.

just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RW81233 wrote:

I know, I know...

George W. anyone?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

I know, I know...

George W. anyone?

i'm going with worst president ever
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    so because there are others with an overwhelming sense of entitlement it's ok that bron is? does this mean i should like bron then? and every other douchebag out there?

the internet can be very depressing
    norm wrote:
    so because there are others with an overwhelming sense of entitlement it's ok that bron is? does this mean i should like bron then? and every other douchebag out there?

hmm...time for an act like bron thread
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

hmm...time for an act like bron thread

That's retarded.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    The 81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

I know, I know...

George W. anyone?

i'm going with worst president ever

Him and Reagan could probably create the tag-team for worst ever.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    The 81 wrote:

I know, I know...

George W. anyone?

i'm going with worst president ever[/quote]

Him and Reagan could probably create the tag-team for worst ever.[/quote]
    Agreed but isn't LeBron evidence of the failure of Reagan's system? Poor and undereducated with no social safety net, and then rich beyond imagination without having to pay income tax?
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    RW81233 wrote:
    Agreed but isn't LeBron evidence of the failure of Reagan's system? Poor and undereducated with no social safety net, and then rich beyond imagination without having to pay income tax?

Lebron's an entertainer and deserves his riches. Eddie Vedder was poor and undereducated too once upon a time.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    RW81233 wrote:

Lebron's an entertainer and deserves his riches. Eddie Vedder was poor and undereducated too once upon a time.

I agree. I really don't get all of the hate for the guy. He honored his contract with cleveland, earned his right to free agency, and signed with another team. He didn't handle the transition out of cleveland well at all, but he's apologized for it. What's the big deal? I'm obviously missing something.

There are plenty of athletes that have done much, much worse and are still glorified because they are good (vick, roethlisberger, kobe, etc.). Charles Barkley forced a trade out of philly because he didn't want to be there any more. In my opinion that is much worse than what lebron did. After being drafted by the baltimore colts, john elway refused to sign with them, therefore costing baltimore its franchise. Isn't that worse than what lebron has done? None of these guys have ever been hated as much as lebron. The only guy that has dealt with anywhere near as much hate during our generation is barry bonds...and I don't think it's close.

I can understand why cleveland hates him. The rest of the country though? I don't get it
    It is weird isn't it, but the one thing i've been assured of is that it has NOTHING to do with race
    RW81233 wrote:
    It is weird isn't it, but the one thing i've been assured of is that it has NOTHING to do with race

Rest assurred, not everything in life is related to race or the "man" trying to keep you down.

However, i will discuss this with my black expert later tonight.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg