The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,762
    Game 7 is over and not much talk about it?
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,775
    cutz wrote:

Indiana isn't a very smart team... Just insane how bad they looked. Give Miami credit but This is mostly Indiana's unraveling than Miami playing great.

Miami needs to play a lot better to beat the Spurs

SA in 6.... More depth, size, coaching. Ginobli needs to wake up though
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    polaris_x wrote:
    I'm hoping Indiana can knock the Heat out, I'm so sick of LeBron, so sick of this team.

oh please ... if there really is a god ... let the pacers beat the heat ...

it's why i'm agnostic ...

it was over in the first quarter imo ... severely outclassed ... despite bosh's best efforts - pacers were determined to lose ...
  • cutz wrote:
    I am pretty sure Wade and Bosh are laughing because that was the first time they played hard in a couple weeks. They are sitting back and watching Lebron do all the work and collecting a similar paycheck.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Ray Allen's trifectas sunk the pacers early. They were running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

But at least this pacers team has got me back on the boat. Out of all sports growing up, the pacers were my favorite. But that team of thugs and scumbags from 9 years back sucked all the life out of them, especially with the colts being a beacon of goodness. I went from buying the NBA league pass to not watching a single game in a season a few years back.

I still remember watching in disbelief when Artest jumped into the crowd. That was Reggie's last season. That's the year they were a top pick to win it all. :(

World Metta Fuckhead ....

:evil:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Jason P wrote:
    Ray Allen's trifectas sunk the pacers early. They were running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

But at least this pacers team has got me back on the boat. Out of all sports growing up, the pacers were my favorite. But that team of thugs and scumbags from 9 years back sucked all the life out of them, especially with the colts being a beacon of goodness. I went from buying the NBA league pass to not watching a single game in a season a few years back.

I still remember watching in disbelief when Artest jumped into the crowd. That was Reggie's last season. That's the year they were a top pick to win it all. :(

World Metta Fuckhead ....

:evil:

ahem ... tyler hansborough ... cough ... :lol:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    polaris_x wrote:
    ahem ... tyler hansborough ... cough ... :lol:
    The man's a saint, I tell ya. A saint!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    cutz wrote:

Indiana isn't a very smart team... Just insane how bad they looked. Give Miami credit but This is mostly Indiana's unraveling than Miami playing great.

i don't know if i agree. Miami brought big time defense pressure. when they do that, they are tough to score on. defense wins championships and miami has a good one...when they want to unleash it.

my initial thought was, miami should win in 5 or 6. we'll see. i'll be rooting for SA
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I'd watch a lot more of the finals if it was SA v. Indiana.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JK_Livin wrote:
    i think you might be in the minority on that one. Love them or hate them Miami has all the star power
    81 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    cutz wrote:

i don't know if i agree. Miami brought big time defense pressure. when they do that, they are tough to score on. defense wins championships and miami has a good one...when they want to unleash it.

my initial thought was, miami should win in 5 or 6. we'll see. i'll be rooting for SA

SA wont beat themselves....Indiana seriously could have won in 5 or 6. Every game in Miami should have been won. Its gonna come down to the role guys, and if Wade's knees holds up for another 6 or 7 games
    all this Bosh and Wade being back fully...I dont buy it.

They went 10/29 FG yesterday.....I guess thats playing better when in the other games it would have been 6/29FG

Parker will have to draw attention from Lebron on D......This series will be interesting to say the least
  • Guy at the office: Go Spurs!
    Me : you must be a Heat hater bc i know you aren't a Spurs fan
    Guy : well i think Tim Duncan is one of the greatest of all time
    me: ....and Lebron?
    Guy: he is overrated - he isn't that good
    :fp:

you can say you don't like Lebron - but overrated? nah
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    JK_Livin wrote:
    i think you might be in the minority on that one. Love them or hate them Miami has all the star power

Nah, if I want to watch a bunch of guys flopping on their backs i'll watch the Liberace movie on HBO.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JK_Livin wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

Nah, if I want to watch a bunch of guys flopping on their backs i'll watch the Liberace movie on HBO.
    i wasn't saying that you were wrong about who you want to see - just that Joe Public probably disagrees.
    Guy at the office: Go Spurs!
    Me : you must be a Heat hater bc i know you aren't a Spurs fan
    Guy : well i think Tim Duncan is one of the greatest of all time
    me: ....and Lebron?
    Guy: he is overrated - he isn't that good

you can say you don't like Lebron - but overrated? nah

He is the best in the leauge, but that 6-7 title talk needs to end up being at least 4-5 in the end.

And if he bolts for another team after next year( even Clevand x2)....that hurts his legacy imo.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    go spurs!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    here is a stat for you. including this year this will be the 19th out of last 22 NBA Championship Teams that has contained one or more of the following six greatest players of all time: Lebron, Tim Duncan, Kobe, Shaq, Hakeem Olajuwon or Michael Jordan. pretty much impossible to win an NBA title without a top 5 guy.

and Tim Duncan is probably the most underrated and underappreciated star in the history of the major professional sports.
    norm wrote:
    go spurs!

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    go spurs!

you think i or anybody outside of miami, wants the heat to win??
    norm wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    go spurs!

I figured...but the Spurs and Lakers have been rivals for some time
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    norm wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    go spurs!

I think a lot of people outside of Miami wants the Heat to win. I'm one of them and I can't stand the Heat living here in Florida. I'm a Celtics fan who thinks the league will have a better chance to win a championship IF THE HEAT win it all this year. Maybe they won't try and improve the team too much if they win it all against the Spurs.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

^ Improve what? They have no cap space
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    pjhawks wrote:
    and Tim Duncan is probably the most underrated and underappreciated star in the history of the major professional sports.

You think? Most people call him the best PF and one of the top 5 bigs of all time.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,842
    edited June 2013
    DewieCox wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

You think? Most people call him the best PF and one of the top 5 bigs of all time.

I have him as the 5th greatest player ever behind Jordan, Kareem, Russell, and Magic. Ahead of Bird, West, and Wilt.
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    DewieCox wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

yes, but you rarely hear him talked about or get the accolades of a guy who is the best PF of all time and one of the 10 or 15 best players of all time.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I have a feeling David Stern will be MVP of the finals.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • petejm043petejm043 Posts: 156
    ESPN has a poll on its website and it says that 65% of the country are cheering for the Spurs. The whole country except for Florida seems to be pulling for the Spurs. As for me I am Heat fan and would love nothing more that to see them repeat. Personally, I am taken my Heat in 6. GO HEAT!
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    If any of this is at all true, then the NBA has lost all credibility to me.

http://ladyinthemancave.wordpress.com/2 ... inals-pic/

Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,762
    Newch91 wrote:
    If any of this is at all true, then the NBA has lost all credibility to me.

http://ladyinthemancave.wordpress.com/2 ... inals-pic/

Lady In The Man Cave?> :lol:

How can the NBA have any credibility when the Refs don't know what a travel is> :lol: