• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    tumblr_mnkbgb2GZb1qfv2g8o1_400.gif

and people wonder why my interest in basketball has waned
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    norm wrote:

The double flop :lol::lol::lol:

This is getting absurd. These are supposed to be tough guys. No why the "Center" is going bye bye. You can't back anyone down.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    norm wrote:

guess the crackdown ended
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    norm wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol:

tumblr_mnjejteb4J1qz80pso1_500.jpg

Damn, that low. That hurts. :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    norm wrote:

:fp: :fp:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    lebron, stephenson and west all hit with fines ... for flopping ..
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,842
    81 wrote:
    I don't even like Kareem or the Lakers. No rhyme or reason behind posting that pic other than it makes me laugh.

:lol::lol:

gonna say, pretty random...made me chuckle

lol, yeah I was on the legend section of NBA.com and just burst out laughing at this pic.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    polaris_x wrote:
    :shock: They actually fined Lebron? Something must be happening at Stern's office.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Newch91 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    :shock: They actually fined Lebron? Something must be happening at Stern's office.

What the hell difference is a $5K fine going to make? They need to change it where the refs can start calling fouls for flopping.
  • No fines for wrinkle head Shane?
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    I'm hoping Indiana can knock the Heat out, I'm so sick of LeBron, so sick of this team.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,775
    Wade and Bosh gotta be banged up huh? I knew Indiana would push them to 6 maybe 7 but this damn series should be over if Indiana didn't fuck up 2 games badly ( game 1 and 5)

I hope Miami loses for all the reasons everyone cant stand them.... But it will be a nightmare for NBA ratings if it ends up Indy vs SA even though I'd like it from a basketball standpoint.

Spurs I think beat either team within 6 games
    I'm enjoying watching Wade struggle. Never liked the guy. Sneaky dirty player. Whiner. Flopper. Dresses like a douche. Was awarded the 2006 title by the officials. I can't believe when Lebron made his "decision" that people actually thought that Wade would be the team's Jordan/Batman guy and that Lebron would be the Pippen/Robin guy. I'd say that it was laughable in hindsight. But I was laughing the whole time.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • CROJAM95 wrote:
    Spurs I think beat either team within 6 games

Like.
    Lollapalooza @ Great Woods 8-8-92~~CU Field House 11-26-93~~Red Rocks 6-20-95~~Randall's Island 9-28-96~~Randall's Island 9-29-96~~Columbia, Maryland 9-24-96~~EV solo Hartford, CT 6-18-11~~EV solo Albuquerque, NM 11-6-12~~ Denver 10-22-2014~~Fenway II 8-7-2016
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I'm enjoying watching Wade struggle. Never liked the guy. Sneaky dirty player. Whiner. Flopper. Dresses like a douche. Was awarded the 2006 title by the officials. I can't believe when Lebron made his "decision" that people actually thought that Wade would be the team's Jordan/Batman guy and that Lebron would be the Pippen/Robin guy. I'd say that it was laughable in hindsight. But I was laughing the whole time.

You're right on about the Batman/Robin thing and Wade.

Who, in their right mind, that has ever watched 5 minutes of basketball thought that anybody besides LBJ would be the leader of this team? I'll tell ya who....fucking morons, and that's before he came into his own these last couple years. James is a no class douche, but Dwyane Wade isn't in the same universe.

I never thought Wade was too bad til a few years ago he threw down a pretty bad ass dunk and got fouled. His momentum carried him a few row deep and he took a fan out. The dude popped up as fast as he could to celebrate with Wade a little and offered up a high five and all Wade could give him was an "I am God" stare into space. Hilarious, but still that fan got smeared and he was ecstatic about. Wade should've at least acknowledged him.
    I'm hoping Indiana can knock the Heat out, I'm so sick of LeBron, so sick of this team.

oh please ... if there really is a god ... let the pacers beat the heat ...
  • DewieCox wrote:

You're right on about the Batman/Robin thing and Wade.

Who, in their right mind, that has ever watched 5 minutes of basketball thought that anybody besides LBJ would be the leader of this team? I'll tell ya who....fucking morons, and that's before he came into his own these last couple years. James is a no class douche, but Dwyane Wade isn't in the same universe.

I never thought Wade was too bad til a few years ago he threw down a pretty bad ass dunk and got fouled. His momentum carried him a few row deep and he took a fan out. The dude popped up as fast as he could to celebrate with Wade a little and offered up a high five and all Wade could give him was an "I am God" stare into space. Hilarious, but still that fan got smeared and he was ecstatic about. Wade should've at least acknowledged him.
    I think the whole Wade situation should really make people see how amazing Scottie Pippen was - he was the best #2 guy ever. Wade can't get it going w/o having play after play called for him whereas Scottie was able to just do everything else that Mike wasn't doing.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I think the whole Wade situation should really make people see how amazing Scottie Pippen was - he was the best #2 guy ever. Wade can't get it going w/o having play after play called for him whereas Scottie was able to just do everything else that Mike wasn't doing.

The thing with the Bulls is, Pippen unlike Wade was the faciliator of the offense. In the heat offense, james is much more like a pippen than a jordan. The heat offense is so stagnet, it's typically james pounding the ball and then either taking the 3 or driving and kicking. Normally not much movement. The triangle offense with the players that the bulls had was an amazing sight to be hold. It's a shame nobody runs it anymore.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Report: Mayweather bets $5.9M on tonight's Heat/Pacers game

http://www.thescore.com/nba/articles/90 ... acers-game

:roll: :roll: :roll:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    lukin2006 wrote:

anouther reason to root for Indy
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • lukin2006 wrote:

I wish that i had to bet 6 mil on a game to make it interesting haha
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    81 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

anouther reason to root for Indy

I agree ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Mayweather was the highest paid athlete in 2012 at $85M. And he spent two months in the pokey for beating a women up.

Lesson Learned: Life is not fair.
    81 wrote:

The thing with the Bulls is, Pippen unlike Wade was the faciliator of the offense. In the heat offense, james is much more like a pippen than a jordan. The heat offense is so stagnet, it's typically james pounding the ball and then either taking the 3 or driving and kicking. Normally not much movement. The triangle offense with the players that the bulls had was an amazing sight to be hold. It's a shame nobody runs it anymore.

As one of the world's foremost Scottie Pippen fans (I was actually pumped when MJ left to play baseball), I gotta join in on this conversation. You're absolutely right that Lebron's game is similar to Pippen's. It's funny that when Lebron first went to Miami, one team's fans (don't remember who) had a bunch of chants prepared to taunt him. Stuff about Delonte West and his mom, etc. Well one of the chants was "Scott-ie Pipp-en clap, clap, clap, clap, clap." Their chant was meant to mean that Lebron is now a #2 guy. I took the chant as saying "Lebron is the best all-around player in the world." Because that's what Pippen was. His 1995 season proves that more than any. Pippen led the Bulls in total points, rebounds, steals, blocks, and assists that year. Dave Cowens and Kevin Garnett are the only other players to ever do that.

Here's a pretty awesome Pippen tribute video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tObgS6uUVjQ

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Pippen was a good player but also an asshole...remember when He wouldnt come in cause Phil called Kukoc's number for the final play vs the Knicks post MJ? That's a dick move to abandon your teammates like that and Kukoc's shot won that game.

Plus Scottie was marginal in Portland, Houston and wherever else he played.

Scottie also has the balls to say Lebron is better than MJ :lol: Wow that is nuts. The dude made him millions too.

Scottie, Scottie, Scottie
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Pippen was a good player but also an asshole...remember when He wouldnt come in cause Phil called Kukoc's number for the final play vs the Knicks post MJ? That's a dick move to abandon your teammates like that and Kukoc's shot won that game.

True but it was also a dick move to pay Kukoc WAY more than Pippen and give him that last shot even though Pippen was with the the team for 7 years and helped them win three championships. Still a dick move by Pippen. We all agree. My friend (a Knicks fan) still gives me shit over it. But whatever. Dude was a great teammate and selfless player (so says Phil, Paxon, Kerr, Harper, Rodman, and many others) and if people like you want to focus on 1.8 seconds of a 17-year career, then have at it.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    ^ compared to what athletes do today he's a saint. But I feel he had his chance to be on his own and didn't really shine.

Plus I played golf with Kukoc and Giants David Diehl 2 weeks ago ;) so I'm partial.
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    ^ compared to what athletes do today he's a saint. But I feel he had his chance to be on his own and didn't really shine.

Plus I played golf with Kukoc and Giants David Diehl 2 weeks ago ;) so I'm partial.

I liked Kukoc as a player. Great play-making ability. Streaky shooter that could get hot in a big game. Good ball-handler. That all said, has there ever been a softer 6'11" guy in NBA history? Kukoc makes Chris Bosh look like Rick Mahorn. Still, you can't deny his role on that second three-peat. He was the third leading-scorer behind MJ and Pip.

As for Pip, I disagree that he didn't shine on his own. Yeah, yeah there was the 1.8 second thing with Kukoc. But otherwise, he led the Bulls to a 55 win season (they had 57 with MJ the year before). Sure they lost to the Knicks but at some point ya gotta give the Knicks a little credit (that bullshit foul in game 5 not withstanding). Really, Pippen should have been MVP runner-up to Hakeem in 1994 (he was third after Hakeem and Ewing which was lame). And as I said earlier, he became one of only three players ever to lead his team in total points, boards, assists, steals and blocks in 1995. I think that's shining on your own. And in 2000 as the leader of the Blazers, they were 10 minutes away from the Finals. Yeah I know they didn't get it done. But lots of teams didn't get it done against those Lakers.

In fact, Pippen's non-Jordan years (1994, first half of 1995, 1999-2003) were better (record-wise) than Jordan's non-Pippen's years (1985-1987, 2002-2003). Not that that means a heck of a whole lot. But it's worth looking back on his non-Jordan seasons because they're often times just dismissed.

Pearl Jam bootlegs: