The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Please let the Mavs win this series
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Newch91 wrote:
    On the TNT postgame, they were already talking about the benches for both teams and which one seems more dangerous, or something along those lines.

when dies it start?
    Tuesday
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Wow. Fenway and I agreeing on a team to win.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    B. The Cuban thing is a class thing, and he's not acting his social class. Even though he's legitimately the best owner to work for in the sport.

C. The race thing came out because LeBron retweeted racist tweets from jilted Cavs fans, after he was asked by a reporter if he thought race played a role in the perceptions. The Cav's owner is a DICKbag who made his money selling fraudulent (your favorite word) homeloans to people who couldn't afford them. I feel bad for his kid but he deserves to rot in hell for what he did to this country, and he deserved LeBron leaving him.

I don't disagree that it'd be nice to look past race and class, but if we were there people would see past how an "owner is supposed to behave", or not send LeBron racist tweets like "I'm gonna run over your head with my car". It still is Mavs-Heat, but there's always more to the story than the game.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

You said it.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    dcfaithful wrote:

You said it.
    Amen!
    #FHP
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    dirk is about as likeable as any other player in the league ... doubt there is a huge hate following for the guy ...

go mavs ...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    polaris_x wrote:
    dirk is about as likeable as any other player in the league ... doubt there is a huge hate following for the guy ...

go mavs ...

yeah i don't that either. i know a bunch of people (idiots) who like to argue he is better than larry bird was. :lol:

larry bird--there's a white player we hated in this town. nothing what so ever to do with race. just had to do with him playing on the f#cking celtics.

some people just love to insert race into every facet of life. it is annoying.
    www.myspace.com
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    RW81233 wrote:
    B. The Cuban thing is a class thing, and he's not acting his social class. Even though he's legitimately the best owner to work for in the sport.

C. The race thing came out because LeBron retweeted racist tweets from jilted Cavs fans, after he was asked by a reporter if he thought race played a role in the perceptions. The Cav's owner is a DICKbag who made his money selling fraudulent (your favorite word) homeloans to people who couldn't afford them. I feel bad for his kid but he deserves to rot in hell for what he did to this country, and he deserved LeBron leaving him.

I don't disagree that it'd be nice to look past race and class, but if we were there people would see past how an "owner is supposed to behave", or not send LeBron racist tweets like "I'm gonna run over your head with my car". It still is Mavs-Heat, but there's always more to the story than the game.

lebron "retweeted" a few racist tweets on his tweeter feed. oooooh, that means everyone is a racist right? :roll:

how is "i'm gonna run over your head with my car" racist and not just utterly stupid? and how is selling subprime loans (i don't know anything about that ;) )racist? the guy's a scumbag but nobody considered him racist until the usual suspects felt the need to insert themselves into a national story.

the cuban thing--again, no idea what you're talking about. if anything people, myself included, like him more now because he stood up for seattle when they lost the sonics. class thing--all pro sports owners are in a different class. people just think he's a douche for how he acts at games. no big deal.

you're really stretching here man. just enjoy the series. let this stuff go.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Heat in 5
    I used to like you.

Good first half. Seemed the bulls had more mistakes but they were able to keep it tight. Should be a good tight series

Sorry 81.

Betting the Heat the last 3 weeks has been a great way to pay for my PJ20 trip :D

So when do the finals start? July 4th?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Heat in 5
    I used to like you.

Good first half. Seemed the bulls had more mistakes but they were able to keep it tight. Should be a good tight series

Sorry 81.

Betting the Heat the last 3 weeks has been a great way to pay for my PJ20 trip :D

So when do the finals start? July 4th?

sucks the way they lost games 4 and 5.

on the flip side, you never see young teams win the title in the nba. it's always been about making a few runs to gain that knowledge. Bulls have the talent to beat the heat, they just need to learn how to win big basketball series.

oh well...

enjoy your trip.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    edited May 2011

This.

But I think the Heat are the better team.

I also thought Dallas was the better team in 2006.
    Post edited by Flagg on
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    81 wrote:

sucks the way they lost games 4 and 5.

on the flip side, you never see young teams win the title in the nba. it's always been about making a few runs to gain that knowledge. Bulls have the talent to beat the heat, they just need to learn how to win big basketball series.

oh well...

enjoy your trip.

yeah, the series was closer than the end result.

I know noah takes a lot of shit but I'll take that guy on my team any day. I love the way he plays. Now Boozer is a different story.
    The Fixer wrote:

I know noah takes a lot of shit but I'll take that guy on my team any day. I love the way he plays. Now Boozer is a different story.

Boozer cannot defend and he can't jump which resulted in a couple of blocked shots every game. And for some reason he wasn't going to the post. The not getting in the post can be shared with thibs. I really wished they would have signed Joe Johnson and let Taj play the 4. I hope they make a run at Howard and offer up Boozer, but it sounds like Howard wants to go to LA.

Noah is a wacky guy. Who knows, you might see him at PJ20. :lol: he did the grant park a couple of off seasons back. hated him when he first came to town, mostly because he played for florida when the beat the buckeyes, and then was benched for talking back to coaches in practice his rookie year. but he has turned out to be a great addition and should only get better.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    The Fixer wrote:

his FT shooting kept him off the floor when his team needed him most ...
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Boozer cannot defend and he can't jump which resulted in a couple of blocked shots every game. And for some reason he wasn't going to the post. The not getting in the post can be shared with thibs. I really wished they would have signed Joe Johnson and let Taj play the 4. I hope they make a run at Howard and offer up Boozer, but it sounds like Howard wants to go to LA.

Noah is a wacky guy. Who knows, you might see him at PJ20. :lol: he did the grant park a couple of off seasons back. hated him when he first came to town, mostly because he played for florida when the beat the buckeyes, and then was benched for talking back to coaches in practice his rookie year. but he has turned out to be a great addition and should only get better.

boozer reminds me of elton brand. boozer is a better player, but their games are similar. both can score, neither can jump, neither plays defense. They're both guys that are paid to be main cogs when in reality they're both role players.
    Did anyone hear what Pippen said today?
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,842
    Newch91 wrote:

Pippen's my favorite athlete of all-time. My man-crush on him today remains just as strong as it was when I was a kid. But he's way off on this. I think he just made a brash statement after witnessing Lebron's dominance last night.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Newch91 wrote:

Pippen's my favorite athlete of all-time. My man-crush on him today remains just as strong as it was when I was a kid. But he's way off on this. I think he just made a brash statement after witnessing Lebron's dominance last night.

Pippen's a real dumbass.

Lebron's dominance? I think Bosh and Wade have both had bigger moments of dominance in this run. Lebron's hit a couple big shots, but I don't think he's dominated anything, like he could and probably should. I'll see him as truly clutch when they face a little more resistance.
    DewieCox wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Pippen's a real dumbass.

Lebron's dominance? I think Bosh and Wade have both had bigger moments of dominance in this run. Lebron's hit a couple big shots, but I don't think he's dominated anything, like he could and probably should. I'll see him as truly clutch when they face a little more resistance.

Whatever you say, Skip Bayless

Lebron dominated Rose almost every possession he guarded him over the last two games. He runs the point, he hits ball-breaking 3-pointers in the clutch, he's the best player in the NBA and Rose and Durant aren't even close....and never will be.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425

Whatever you say, Skip Bayless[/quote]

What did he do that was so dominant, Maverick Carter? He's been a big part of the games, but I really haven't seen him take over.
    DewieCox wrote:
    What did he do that was so dominant, Maverick Carter? He's been a big part of the games, but I really haven't seen him take over.

Like I said in my edited post, he shut down Derrick Rose and came up big in the clutch in the clinching games against both Boston and Chicago.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    edited May 2011
    Personally, I wish that comparisons would end. Between LeBron and MJ, Kobe and MJ, and even others.

Every player in the conversation of greatest ever are all great for their own reasons and all contributed to basketball and changed the game in their own right.

Jordan
    Kobe
    LeBron
    Bird
    Magic
    Shaq
    Cousy
    Chamberlain
    Russell
    West
    Olajuwon
    Erving

hell, I would even say Charles Barkley was a solid contributor to the league as we know it today. I also feel that Steve Nash and possibly even Kidd can be attributed to some game evolving.

All of them brought something to basketball that pushed the boundaries of the game and inevitably made the way it was played changed... and that's just in the NBA.

Jordan is a legend. Always will be. LeBron will always be remembered for the great basketball player that he is, that is without question. But to compare them I just don't think is fair. The eras of the game that Jordan and LeBron play in respectively are pretty different. Same would go for Jordan compared to West.

and why is LeBron the solid subject. I think Wade is a pretty damn impressive basketball player. Nowitzki seemed to be left out of the convo too, until recently. There are a number of players who are playing in the league today that will, in time, be considered a great.

Basketball has been an evolving game, especially when you look at the athletes that play it these days. I just think the game's era in regards to the players are pretty different.

I rambled, but my point is that comparisons are kind of flaccid to me when you really look at how the game has changed between players that are in the conversation.
    Post edited by dcfaithful on
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    so...what did pip have to say
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/05/2 ... -the-game/
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/05/2 ... -the-game/

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/n ... id=6599168

found it on espn.

that's interesting coming from him.

No doubt lebron will be one of the all time greats when it is all said and done. is he better than jordan? i dunno. jordan could score, was a willing passer and was a great defender as well.

so who wins? 72 win bulls team or this years heat team?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Didn't Pippen say something along the lines of "Jordan could score 100 pts in a game if he was playing today" earlier this season?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Didn't Pippen say something along the lines of "Jordan could score 100 pts in a game if he was playing today" earlier this season?

yes

Pip is a little fruity....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

yes

Pip is a little fruity....

His knack for speaking before thinking reminds me of someone who is compared to MJ.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    81 wrote:
    so who wins? 72 win bulls team or this years heat team?

Obviously the Bulls. And while I love the 90's Bulls, it's worth noting that the competition in 1996 isn't near what it is right now so I doubt Miami will ever really challenge that 72 win record even with the Big Three.

And while I think Pip's comments this morning were kinda dumb....in a few years....I think the Lebron/Wade vs MJ/Pip is gonna swing the Heat's way for this reason: All four guys are great defenders and scorers. But if Lebron is off, Wade can take over a game (and vice-versa). But when MJ was off, Pippen rarely "took over". That's not to say that he never did...but not very often and hardly ever in big games.

Pearl Jam bootlegs: