The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    dougfloyd wrote:
    Wow OT! I can't believe Lebron got called for an offensive foul at home, hehe. I guess this gives me time to have 1 more beer.

this is america, son. drink as much as you'd like.

LOL :lol: I always do! Just going to bed when the game is over.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    i strongly dislike this heat team.
    www.myspace.com
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

me as well but damn, that last fade away lebron just made was amazing
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Same here. Especially when the refs helped them win the championship.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    This Heat team is severely likable.
    Wow what a block by Wade! I think that's the end for the Bulls. What does it mean if the Heat win the title? Does that mean the terrorists have won? Is the rapture here? Help me out here.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
    dougfloyd wrote:
    Wow what a block by Wade! I think that's the end for the Bulls. What does it mean if the Heat win the title? Does that mean the terrorists have won? Is the rapture here? Help me out here.
    It means I'll have to hear it from all the Heat "fans" on Facebook.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:
    It means I'll have to hear it from all the Heat "fans" on Facebook.

Yeah, how many members did that group have before last summer??
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    If the Heat win the championship this year - and I think that the Bulls are the second-best team playing right now, so Dallas (assuming they win the series) will have to play pretty much perfect to win it - then I believe that it will be the start of a string of championships. They're at their worst right now in this first season; you know that Pat Riley is going to bring better pieces to the mix.

This sucks, I really hate the Heat. The amount of people jumping on their bandwagon, evident on my Facebook and Twitter feeds, by people who otherwise never gave a shit about them, is sickening.
    It means that LeBron is DEFINITELY the best player in the league (and probably always was), that he made the correct decision in ditching Cleveland for better teammates since his GM couldn't do what Chicago, Boston, and LA did for MJ, Bird, the old-new Big 3, Magic and Kobe, and that Cleveland will have this song playing on repeat at all their bars http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uelHwf8o7_U.
    RW81233 wrote:
    It means that LeBron is DEFINITELY the best player in the league (and probably always was), that he made the correct decision in ditching Cleveland for better teammates since his GM couldn't do what Chicago, Boston, and LA did for MJ, Bird, the old-new Big 3, Magic and Kobe, and that Cleveland will have this song playing on repeat at all their bars http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uelHwf8o7_U.

...are you a heat fan, dude?
    www.myspace.com
    tcaporale wrote:
    If the Heat win the championship this year - and I think that the Bulls are the second-best team playing right now, so Dallas (assuming they win the series) will have to play pretty much perfect to win it - then I believe that it will be the start of a string of championships. They're at their worst right now in this first season; you know that Pat Riley is going to bring better pieces to the mix.

This sucks, I really hate the Heat. The amount of people jumping on their bandwagon, evident on my Facebook and Twitter feeds, by people who otherwise never gave a shit about them, is sickening.
    what about if you just liked lebron? i mean no one complained when I rooted for Cleveland when I otherwise never gave a shit about them.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    dougfloyd wrote:
    it means the NBA gets exactly the narrative they wanted all season long... good for business... that's all it ever is... whether the refs helped with that at the suggestion of mr. stern is open for debate 8-)

PLEASE GOD DON'T PUT ME IN A POSITION WHERE I'M CHEERING FOR THE DALLAS MAVERICKS - THE FUCKING YANKEES OF BASKETBALL
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    dougfloyd wrote:
    it means the NBA gets exactly the narrative they wanted all season long... good for business... that's all it ever is... whether the refs helped with that at the suggestion of mr. stern is open for debate 8-)

PLEASE GOD DON'T PUT ME IN A POSITION WHERE I'M CHEERING FOR THE DALLAS MAVERICKS - THE FUCKING YANKEES OF BASKETBALL
    Really? I would say the Celtics and Lakers are.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Devastated :(
    Defense was okay, our shooting is hurting us.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Well, the Bulls are pretty much done.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

dougfloyd wrote:

how in the world are the mavericks the yankees of baseball? :shock:
    www.myspace.com
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Things sure are Heating up around here :)

I haven't been a huge fan of NBA basketball over the last few years, but I think it is exciting to see the Heat stick it to their critics. I was hoping for the Bulls to win this series, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. The East should dominant the Finals since they have been playing much more physical than the West.

Just my $.02
    dougfloyd wrote:

how in the world are the mavericks the yankees of baseball? :shock:
    That's what I'd like to know. They're about the farthest away as the Yankees of baseball. First of all, they have 0 championships.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I assume he's saying they just go out and buy all their talent.

Still doesn't make sense, since that's really what most good teams do, basketball especially.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    As much as I'd like to see the Bulls win the series I don't think they will win another game.
    Sorry :cry:
    tcaporale wrote:

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    #FHP
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    RW81233 wrote:

He's really a poser douche. His excitement seems forced. The way him and the Heat are behaving is embarrassing. Loved the charge call last night, when he pretended to be surprised...If he thought it was a defensive foul, then why didn't he finish the play? Just drives home how much of a phony he is.
    Was Timmy Duncs a poser douche? I mean they actually created a rule about bitching to refs for no reason for him. Bron shut down Rose, he scored the big points, what's so poser about that?
  • loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,389
    The Mavs remind me of the 08 Celtics. Playing the perfect all around team game, firing on all cylinders.

Who on the Heat is gonna guard Dirk?
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    loadedgun wrote:
    The Mavs remind me of the 08 Celtics. Playing the perfect all around team game, firing on all cylinders.

Who on the Heat is gonna guard Dirk?
    :thumbup: Well said

No one. They'll guard him, but stopping him will be a different story.
    lebron will cover everyone haha. and who on the mavs is going to cover anyone besides tyson chandler?
    RW81233 wrote:
    lebron will cover everyone haha. and who on the mavs is going to cover anyone besides tyson chandler?

Even I could guard Mike Bibbys corpse.

Or Joel Anthony for that matter too.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    Udonis Haslem, Mike MIller, Joel Anthony, and Mario Chalmers have all stung the best defensive team in the league...use some logic here. I'm not saying that the East is over for sure, nor that the Mavs haven't been playing awesome (12-1-0 ATS), and Dirk would hurt the Heat, but the Heat would likely shut everyone else down. So Dirk goes for 48 and Lebron, Wade, and Bosh go for 75. I'm pretty sure the Heat win.
    I actually agree. I just hope it goes at least 6 games. I'm getting tired of it being decided after game 4 every series.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    any chance the media hates Lebron so much that they give the MVP to Dirk if it took the Heat 6 or more to beat them, and Dirk shot lights out again? that would be funny.