The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Hey norm, can you swing by the staples center and turn on the lights. Thanks

i like it...it's like the forum used to be

i love it. wish the wells fargo center was like that.

.........i feel like we've had this discussion before :think:
    www.myspace.com
  • How about James Harden tonight?
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    How about James Harden tonight?

i didn't see any of the game but his stat-line was pretty sick ...
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    remember when the Lakers got Howard and Nash to add to Kobe and Gasol, then got rid of their best low post presence? GENIUS!
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Suck it, Dallas.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Suck it, Dallas.
    :roll:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • RW81233 wrote:
    remember when the Lakers got Howard and Nash to add to Kobe and Gasol, then got rid of their best low post presence? GENIUS!

Well it is two games. I'd be confident that the Lakers will finish with a good record.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RW81233 wrote:

Well it is two games. I'd be confident that the Lakers will finish with a good record.

is he talking philly's new center....the one that is not playing because of injury? or somebody else.:think:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I was happily surprised by Jamal Crawford's Clipper debut....29 points in 30 minutes....more points than
    C.Paul and B.Griffin combined!
    Newch91 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Suck it, Dallas.
    :roll:

:lol:

Just basking, my friend.

Jazz played some good ball last night. This season has the potential to be a good, and fun one.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    81 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

is he talking philly's new center....the one that is not playing because of injury? or somebody else.:think:
    When is he supposed to join the lineup?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    When is he supposed to join the lineup?

next tuesday?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    RW81233 wrote:

Howard is twice the low post presence that Bynum will ever be, but acquiring Nash seemed like a bonehead move when an aging backcourt has been their undoing that last 2 seasons.
    DewieCox wrote:
    Howard is twice the low post presence that Bynum will ever be, but acquiring Nash seemed like a bonehead move when an aging backcourt has been their undoing that last 2 seasons.

they are a bit old ... but remember the heat didn't come out of the gates on fire ... basketball is a team game and not only do they have to adjust to playing with each other ... they are learning a whole new offense from before ... so, it's double the trouble ...

i do think they need to mix it up a bit more and allow nash to run pick/roll with basically anyone on the floor except artest ...
    DewieCox wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

I know I just like picking on the Lakers who thought they were automatically going to the finals for this. Of course they will win a bunch of games this year they are too good not to.
  • Lakers are 0-2
    And I wouldnt be surprised if the win 22 of their next 25
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Lakers are 0-2
    And I wouldnt be surprised if the win 22 of their next 25
    I'll bet it won't be like that until February...they are put together much like the Heat were a few years ago and need court time. Weren't the Heat like 9-8 at first then won for like 2 straight months? Plus the Heat have Coach Spo, who just about everyone in this forum would "run through a wall for," whereas the Lakers have Mike Brown who couldn't even win with LeBron and he's gotta try to do it with Dwight Howard and the Relics.
  • Wednesday, I am listening to a local Chicago sports station, and they are RIPPING apart the Rockets, for giving Harden all that money.

He is a 6th player.
    He was the 3rd best player on his team last year.
    He is a role player.
    Blah blah blah...

Game 1
    37 pts
    12 assists
    6 rebounds
    4 steals

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Wednesday, I am listening to a local Chicago sports station, and they are RIPPING apart the Rockets, for giving Harden all that money.

He is a 6th player.
    He is a role player.
    Blah blah blah...

Game 1
    37 pts
    12 assists
    6 rebounds
    4 steals

1 game.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Wednesday, I am listening to a local Chicago sports station, and they are RIPPING apart the Rockets, for giving Harden all that money.

He is a 6th player.
    He is a role player.
    Blah blah blah...

Game 1
    37 pts
    12 assists
    6 rebounds
    4 steals

1 game.
    I am still waiting for Noah or Deng to have that "1 game"

noah had like 23 and 10 with 3 assists, 5 steals and 3 blocks on opening night ... that isn't bad at all ...

but harden is awesome ... you don't play for team usa in the olympics unless you have game ... having said that - houston has bet the farm for him so, he's got a lot to live up to ...
    polaris_x wrote:

noah had like 23 and 10 with 3 assists, 5 steals and 3 blocks on opening night ... that isn't bad at all ...

but harden is awesome ... you don't play for team usa in the olympics unless you have game ... having said that - houston has bet the farm for him so, he's got a lot to live up to ...

christian latener.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    polaris_x wrote:

#fact
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_x wrote:

Now is the time for both Noah and Deng to shine, right? Rose is out, and we may not see him all year.

Im willing to bet 5 Butterfingers candy bars, that neither Noah or Deng, scores 37pts while Rose is out.
    Now is the time for both Noah and Deng to shine, right? Rose is out, and we may not see him all year.

Im willing to bet 5 Butterfingers candy bars, that neither Noah or Deng, scores 37pts while Rose is out.

touche on laetner ... haha

noah is not going to score 37 pts - that's not his role on that team ... the dude is a really good basketball player ... made even more so if he can continue to hit 11 of 12 from the FT line ... he's there to rebound, play D and facilitate on the offensive end ... i wouldn't be surprised if he averages 4-5 assists this year as long as guys make shots ...

also bulls are a defense first team under thibs ... it's possible that deng can flirt with 30 pts every now and then but that's not what they need for the team to win ... and winning is all that matters ...
    deng could put up 30. boozer could put up 30.

noah can easily average 15 points, no doubt about it in my mind. he doesn't get enough credit for his offense
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

noah can easily average 15 points, no doubt about it in my mind. he doesn't get enough credit for his offense
    Boozer can't do shit w/o someone to feed him for layups -- he actually should be giving 25% of his salary to Deron Williams.
    81 wrote:

Boozer can't do shit w/o someone to feed him for layups -- he actually should be giving 25% of his salary to Deron Williams.

:lol:

he's a pretty decent shooter, just needs to take it to the rim more often vs. settling for the jumper. it would also be nice if he didn't develop a case of salmonitis....you know, the inability to jump more than 6inchs off the floor.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Sixers played on 10/31 and don't play again until Sunday. What is this the 4day playoff tv break? What a stupid schedule. :fp:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    RW81233 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

I know I just like picking on the Lakers who thought they were automatically going to the finals for this. Of course they will win a bunch of games this year they are too good not to.

It was ridiculous to see internet comments after the Dwight deal with so many people declaring that they'd win it all. Don't forget 2004.

If the Lakers don't have enough star power to pretty much guarantee on paper that they will win the title, they'll sure as hell do whatever they can to stock up on star talent to assure they get as close to winning as possible. Of course, that is the goal of every team, but fortunately for the Lakers they have deep pockets.

Under the new CBA, they're going to have a more difficult time hoarding big names and big contracts. :corn:

...and for my usual sign-off. *ahem* Fuck the Lakers. :D
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL