The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    dcfaithful wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:
    was this howard's first ring?

Yeah, it only took 18 seasons.

Ha!
  • The Thunder were real disappointing - i wish they would have at least made it interesting. They looked like kids out there though --- probably because they are.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I think the NBA should mix it up next year and have special guest referees like they do in W.W.E.
  • petejm043petejm043 Posts: 156
    I have had the pleasure of witnessing Miami win four World Titles, the 97 and 03 Marlins World Series along with the Miami Heat’s 06 and 12 titles, along with five National Titles for the Miami Hurricanes. But this past Thursday was probably the best out of all those. After seeing all the hate that the Heat received, it is really gratifying to see that we get the last laugh. This is the beginning of a new NBA Dynasty. LETS GO HEAT!
    petejm043 wrote:
    I have had the pleasure of witnessing Miami win four World Titles, the 97 and 03 Marlins World Series along with the Miami Heat’s 06 and 12 titles, along with five National Titles for the Miami Hurricanes. But this past Thursday was probably the best out of all those. After seeing all the hate that the Heat received, it is really gratifying to see that we get the last laugh. This is the beginning of a new NBA Dynasty. LETS GO HEAT!
    Laces out.

;)
  • petejm043petejm043 Posts: 156
    Jason P wrote:
    petejm043 wrote:
    Laces out.

;)

The only thing that will top this is the Dolphins winning a Super Bowl....but they still have ways to go on the front.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    petejm043 wrote:
    :sick:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I'm done with the NBA indefinitely
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    soudns like sully is sliding into the the second round. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I'm done with the NBA indefinitely

rebuilding time in beantown.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Ray Allen said he's interested in going to the Heat next season. If that happens, it'll be the first time I hate a UConn player. He also wouldn't be my favorite player anymore.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Newch91 wrote:
    Ray Allen said he's interested in going to the Heat next season. If that happens, it'll be the first time I hate a UConn player. He also wouldn't be my favorite player anymore.
    i am a uconn fan and have always hated him but if he goes to the heat i'm fine with him like wade
    RW81233 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    i am a uconn fan and have always hated him but if he goes to the heat i'm fine with him like wade
    A UConn fan hating Ray Allen? Shocked! :shock:
    Newch91 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    A UConn fan hating Ray Allen? Shocked! :shock:
    for some reason i have a thing for fat pot smoking 2 kid having israel basketball league dominating point guards.
    It appears that The Basketball Jesus is leaving the Pacers. :(
    Is the draft tonight or tomorrow night?
    Newch91 wrote:
    Is the draft tonight or tomorrow night?

Thursday
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Newch91 wrote:

Link to this? Say it ain't so. First the Olympic comment and now jumping on the Heat. Don't do it, Ray-Ray.

Edited: http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2012/ ... story.html
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Link to this? Say it ain't so. First the Olympic comment and now jumping on the Heat. Don't do it, Ray-Ray.

If the Heat scavenge anybody from the C's, Garnett makes the most sense to me.
    DewieCox wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

If the Heat scavenge anybody from the C's, Garnett makes the most sense to me.

They could certianly use the toughness and inside game. Allen also makes sense if they lose Miller. Along with Battier, they could benefit from keeping two outside threats, and as we all know... Allen definitely has that in his arsenal.

Bosh with Garnett as a back up would be great. Perhaps Garnett can instill some increased toughness into Bosh too and tell him to cut out the fucking flop technique.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    dcfaithful wrote:
    They could certianly use the toughness and inside game. Allen also makes sense if they lose Miller. Along with Battier, they could benefit from keeping two outside threats, and as we all know... Allen definitely has that in his arsenal.

Bosh with Garnett as a back up would be great. Perhaps Garnett can instill some increased toughness into Bosh too and tell him to cut out the fucking flop technique.

I just can't see Garnett going to the Heat. That guy is crazy loyal. Look how long he stuck around in Minnesota. He'll either retire or come back to the C's.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    dcfaithful wrote:

Why not start him at the 5? The way he played down the stretch he'd definitely deserve that, especially with the complete lack of any respectable big men on the current roster.
    I just can't see Garnett going to the Heat. That guy is crazy loyal. Look how long he stuck around in Minnesota. He'll either retire or come back to the C's.

Think he's already said he was feeling good down the stretch and is ready for next season. I think any player's loyalty could be bought with a practically guaranteed ring or 4. If I was him I'd be puttin feelers out there for a few places if he wants another ring...Miami, Dallas, OKC, LAL
    dcfaithful wrote:

Agreed. I also don't think he's too fond of the Heat, at least that's my impression. Just can't see him chasing success like that. Allen is more likely in my eyes.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    can somebody explain the reasoning behind this move?

:fp:
    NEW YORK – NBA commissioner David Stern has punished the Oklahoma City Thunder, ordering them to send a future draft pick to the Boston Celtics as compensation for the heart problems that Jeff Green suffered with the Celtics, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Oklahoma City will send Boston the 2013 second-round pick that it controls from Charlotte. Expected to be the worst team in the league again, Charlotte's pick will likely be the 31st overall.

After Green had season-ending surgery for an aortic aneurysm in December, Boston's doctors constructed a case to take to the NBA trying to show proof that Oklahoma City owed the Celtics some kind of compensation, sources said. The Thunder had traded Green to the Celtics in February of 2011 as part of a package for center Kendrick Perkins.

Green missed the 2011-'12 season with the condition, but plans a comeback this year. Green will be a free agent, and Boston has shown interest in re-signing him.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

NEW YORK – NBA commissioner David Stern has punished the Oklahoma City Thunder, ordering them to send a future draft pick to the Boston Celtics as compensation for the heart problems that Jeff Green suffered with the Celtics, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Oklahoma City will send Boston the 2013 second-round pick that it controls from Charlotte. Expected to be the worst team in the league again, Charlotte's pick will likely be the 31st overall.

After Green had season-ending surgery for an aortic aneurysm in December, Boston's doctors constructed a case to take to the NBA trying to show proof that Oklahoma City owed the Celtics some kind of compensation, sources said. The Thunder had traded Green to the Celtics in February of 2011 as part of a package for center Kendrick Perkins.

Green missed the 2011-'12 season with the condition, but plans a comeback this year. Green will be a free agent, and Boston has shown interest in re-signing him.

That's fucking stupid. I like Boston, but they don't deserve anything. That became their liability when they accepted him in a trade.

I wish the players would strike until David Stern retires. There is a lockout I can get behind.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

umm...isn't garnett one of the reasons Bron is on the Heat? Didn't he tell him at the end of Game 6 two years ago not to be too proud because it cost him more anything is possuhbullllll moments?
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

That's fucking stupid. I like Boston, but they don't deserve anything. That became their liability when they accepted him in a trade.

I wish the players would strike until David Stern retires. There is a lockout I can get behind.

Just about every fan would be behind that strike. He's fucking terrible. Time to get rid of him.
    Figured since he's about to be in the league, I would post it in the NBA thread.
    Two days before Terrence Jones expects to hear his name called in the first round of the NBA Draft, he was helping put a giant smile on the face of a friend in Lexington.

Literally.

With the aid of the former Kentucky forward, William Bolden — a 22-year-old UK basketball superfan who has developed a bit of a YouTube following with Wildcats-oriented videos posted under his nickname "Stone Cold Willow" — got extensive dental work at no cost to him.

Included over the course of eight dental appointments were two teeth pulled, 12 cavities filled and three new front teeth installed.

When Dr. Pada Chalothorn of TLC Dentistry finished the final appointment with Bolden on Tuesday, Stone Cold Willow could not stop showing off his new teeth.

By smiling.

"It's been a long time coming since I had a smile like this," Bolden said. "All I want to say is just a big thank you."

Bolden said he lost the three front teeth in a fight when he was 13. From then on, those who know him say Bolden would often raise a hand to cover his mouth before he smiled, out of self-consciousness.

Jones, who accompanied Bolden to the final dental appointment, said he got to know Bolden at the blue basketball courts on the UK campus near Wildcat Lodge.

"To him, he's the best player on the court," Jones said of Bolden. "It's fun to watch him play."

Bolden was always wearing a Brandon Knight No. 12 jersey. Eventually, ex-UK guard Doron Lamb asked him why he never wore a No. 20 (Lamb) or a No. 3 (Jones)?

From that start, a friendship was born.

"Being around (Bolden), knowing what type of person he is, it's only right for him to be able to smile," Jones said. "As much as he makes us laugh, to have him be smiling back at us is just great."

The ex-UK forward said during Wildcats games in Rupp Arena, he'd often notice Bolden in the part of the Kentucky student section known as the E-Rupp-tion Zone. "I'd see the dance he did at the games," Jones said.

By the end of the 2012 season, there was even a Stone Cold Willow fat head — with missing front teeth prominently displayed — in Rupp.

One day. Jones says he asked Bolden if he'd like to have dental work performed. "He said he wanted it done," Jones said. "I just wanted to be there for him."

Steven Dorn, a friend of Jones who also helps the former Kentucky forward organize autograph sessions, etc. ... , helped organize the effort.

The original plan to allow Bolden to get dental work was to raise money for the procedure by selling a song Jones recorded called Teach Me 'Bout Kentucky on iTunes. The song is set to the beat of Teach Me How To Dougie.

However, after expenses related to leasing the beat, the song is financially in the red.

"So (Jones) has had to come out of his pocket to pay for this," Dorn said. "But he said go ahead and do it anyway."

"Once I got money to try to help him out," Jones said, "I just wanted to do as much as I could."

Eventually, TLC Dentistry with Dr. Chalothorn and oral surgeon Dr. Gilman Peterson III of Erena & Peterson agreed to help Bolden get dental work done. "The dentists have really helped us out a lot," Dorn said. "They significantly reduced the rates of their service."

Once the final procedure was done Tuesday (interestingly, done by laser, meaning no anesthesia), Stone Cold Willow had new front teeth and literally could not stop smiling.

"I've had my mouth filled up with a lot of joy and happiness," he said.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/06/26/2238 ... rylink=cpy

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/06/26/2238 ... g-joy.html
    that's a nice KY article. :thumbup:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    that's a nice KY article. :thumbup:
    Yes it is.