The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    polaris_x wrote:
    the only thing that will prevent OKC from winning this thing is westbrook in my opinion or stern ...

i'd say a little of both tonite ...
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    There are a ton of missed calls in every NBA game, you can't blame the ref for tonight's game. OKC took the entire 1st quarter off. They have to get Durant more shots. Heat are playing well right now but can't expect Battier to keep making 4 or 5 three pointers every game.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    How does that not get called? What a joke... he had his arm in there before he even jumped, then went down his entire body during the shot.

Ugh... I dont know why Miami gets so many calls that no one else can get, even Kevin Durant who is only one of the top players in the league!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    drsluggo wrote:
    How does that not get called? What a joke... he had his arm in there before he even jumped, then went down his entire body during the shot.

Ugh... I dont know why Miami gets so many calls that no one else can get, even Kevin Durant who is only one of the top players in the league!

That was a BRUTAL no-call. I know refs are going to miss calls over the course of the game, but to miss that one at that point in the game is unacceptable.

Also interesting that both Durand and Westbrook had 2 fouls in the 1st quarter....refs might have gotten some direction from Stern on that one :o
  • wade and lebron also had 2 fouls in the first qtr - so that would be an odd directive to give. also a handcheck below the waist is on every single play in a basketball game - finish the shot or start trying sooner or take the loss. I dont care who wins i just want to see a few more games like that one --- super exciting basketball
    that was not a hand check ... not only did he grab his shooting arm ... he slapped his off-arm too ... there were at least 3 fouls that could be called there ... and the reality is that durant rushed his shot because he was going for the And-1 ... he was clearly fouled and the ref was there ...

horrible

that goaltending call too was horrible ...

for sure OKC need to start better and that's all on westbrook - he still doesn't know how to manage a game ... if the thunder don't start getting perkins, thabo, ibaka involved in the offense - they will have a hard time winning cuz those guys get to the second half of the game and they are invisible ...
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    wade and lebron also had 2 fouls in the first qtr - so that would be an odd directive to give. also a handcheck below the waist is on every single play in a basketball game - finish the shot or start trying sooner or take the loss. I dont care who wins i just want to see a few more games like that one --- super exciting basketball

That was more than a hand check, his arm was up against Durant and moved towards him changing the shot, then LBJ slapped Westbrook's arm on the rebound taking any chance he had to get it. 3 outta the 5 Durant fouls were at least a little questionable when you see what other stars get.

Thunder can't keep gettin down like that though and Westbrook was playing the most out of control ball I've seen in the playoffs. Hardin should cut out the flopping too. They're not callin it and he got punished last night for it with that charge.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • basically i see it this way -- the leader of each team is basically equal -- the #2 and #3 guys on each team are about equal and the supporting casts are about equal --- so it comes down to which team plays harder and which coaches make better adjustments game to game. Last night Spoelstra made the better adjustments - Bosh to the starting lineup - Wade of high pick and rolls - telling his team not to settle for jumpers and making several defensive assignment changes. Also i think the Heat played harder then the Thunder for 48 minutes.
    The refs and one or two calls did not decide that game. Calls are calls and thats just part of the game.

and for the record i have been all over the Heat Hater wagon - and i love watching the Thunder play - they are super exciting. For some reason i am beginning to sympathize with Lebron recently - maybe because he isnt flopping and he is finishing games like he never has before -- maybe its because the whole world is on OKC right now - or maybe it is just because i love to root for the bad guy ...... whatever it is i know that i am not unhapppy as long as the games are super competitive - may the best team win.
    :corn:
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    The refs and one or two calls did not decide that game. Calls are calls and thats just part of the game.

For some reason i am beginning to sympathize with Lebron recently - maybe because he isnt flopping and he is finishing games like he never has before

In a game decided by 5 points or less, it most certainly does.

I don't feel sorry for him. He's brought all of this on himself. I haven't seen big shift in his behavior and he's always finished a big game here and there, but he hasn't finished THE game. He fed into the Thunder comeback last night like he always does, with a bad pass late. That missed foul gets called and it's highly likely it's back to "why can't Lebron finish?"
  • After being completely turned off to the NBA for basically the past 10 years I'm giving these finals a shot.
    Strongly pulling for the Seattle Supersonics, I mean Thunder to win it all. So far 2 things really stick out...
    The officiating is driving me crazy. Is it me, or are there more whistles than ever before. At one point in the 2nd qtr I think I counted 8 possessions in a row with a foul. Let the babies play the damn game!!

2nd--- this would be 10x more exciting if it actually was the Seattle Supersonics in the finals.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,777
    is it just me or does Kevin Durant look like Jamie Foxx? :?
    kevin-durant-e1339599530158-500x285.jpg
    MV5BMjAyMDMwNzkxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzg4Nzg4Mg@@._V1._SY314_CR5,0,214,314_.jpg
    kevin-durant-jamie-foxx-look-a-likes.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,192
    drsluggo wrote:

7th game & $$$$$$$$$$ ......Stern
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    lots of contact from wade on sefalosha there ...
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,777
    great game :corn:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    they are not gonna give OKC any calls
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    figure it's just a matter of days until RW shows up to gloat
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Bill Simmons tweeted that OKC played their age and I agree. Too many mistakes. I hope that they'll sort it out for the next game, because a 3-1 deficit is too hard to overcome.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    81 what do I have to gloat about? LeBron, Bosh, and Battier are playing well but OKC should very well be up 3-0 at this point. They are the better team, and the Heat have been lucky to top them twice. Not sure they can do it two more times. Further, at any moment, LeBron can decide not to show up and Thunder followers and Heat haters (I'm convinced they are the same since no one should like the Thunder for what they did/are) will remind us how much he sucks at basketball.
    RW81233 wrote:
    81 what do I have to gloat about? LeBron, Bosh, and Battier are playing well but OKC should very well be up 3-0 at this point. They are the better team, and the Heat have been lucky to top them twice. Not sure they can do it two more times. Further, at any moment, LeBron can decide not to show up and Thunder followers and Heat haters (I'm convinced they are the same since no one should like the Thunder for what they did/are) will remind us how much he sucks at basketball.

i see what your did there. :lol:

lebron seems like a man possessed since game 6 vs. boston. he seems to have a different demeanor on the court. like he is actually trying to be great vs. his old flopping self.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 2,023
    I think I would rather watch the weather channel for 3 hours, than have to watch these two teams play another game.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Did anyone watch "The Dream Team" doc that was on NBA TV last week? Watched it for the first time today and loved it. Amazing inside stuff, like Jordan and Pippen not wanting Isiah Thomas on the team.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    Did anyone watch "The Dream Team" doc that was on NBA TV last week? Watched it for the first time today and loved it. Amazing inside stuff, like Jordan and Pippen not wanting Isiah Thomas on the team.

watched it yesterday.....i'd give it a B
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,762
    Newch91 wrote:

Yea, it was a good Doc.

I was GLAD that Isiah was left off the team.
    I think I would rather watch the weather channel for 3 hours, than have to watch these two teams play another game.
    the only thing that is saving this tournament is the fact that two good teams are playing each other for the first time in months. if you don't like what's going on during the game what do you want?
    81 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

lebron seems like a man possessed since game 6 vs. boston. he seems to have a different demeanor on the court. like he is actually trying to be great vs. his old flopping self.
    have you ever watched matrix revolutions? most people say they havent but at the end the ultimate baddie said he's been here before and someone one standing here and there and then he died to death. that's how i feel right now.
    81 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

have you ever watched matrix revolutions? most people say they havent but at the end the ultimate baddie said he's been here before and someone one standing here and there and then he died to death. that's how i feel right now.
  • The team that plays harder and the coach that makes better decisions / adjustments will win again tonight.
    I am actually wondering why the media isnt CRUSHING Durant like they would be if Lebron was in foul trouble and shooting 65 (ish)% at the free throw line thru the first 3 games.
    Every good story needs a hero and a villain. I just like to root for the bad guy.
    :corn:
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    This is ridiculous. Scott Brooks needs to just lose it on the refs and get a tech. This officiating is bullshit.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    This is ridiculous. Scott Brooks needs to just lose it on the refs and get a tech. This officiating is bullshit.

can't choke away 17 point leads either. :fp:

this series is over.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg