The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Did someone hear after the last Laker basket someone say, "AH! Fuck you bitch!"?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    As norm would say, it's literally a battle for the ages.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    might be one of the better confrence finals in recent memory
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Should be an exciting one.
    What is it with Westbrook's glasses?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,511
    BEAT IT KOBE.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    The new and improved Adam Morrison! (or it could be the undertaker ... still not sure)

Welcome-back-to-Internet-greatness-Adam-Morrison-Via-@AdamZagoria.jpg
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    BEAT IT KOBE.
    :clap: Now if we can just get LeBron out, we're all set!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Newch91 wrote:
    Did someone hear after the last Laker basket someone say, "AH! Fuck you bitch!"?

I heard something, but no idea what was said. Seemed like the crowd reacted to it too.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Newch91 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Should be an exciting one.
    Definitely! I can't wait until Sunday! I'll be in Oregon, but I have got to find a place to watch that game.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    81 wrote:
    Speaking of stars, nice article on duncan in si this week
    Timmy's the man....and, you are correct about the article.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    I've got three words for Mike Brown;
    YOU'RE FUCKING FIRED!

fact

if he's coach next year, the lakers are done...although they're pretty much done as is

i wouldn't be shocked if by the time the next season starts, kobe is playing somewhere else
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    norm wrote:

i wouldn't be shocked if by the time the next season starts, kobe is playing somewhere else

any interest in Boozer for Kobe :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

any interest in Boozer for Kobe :P

if jimmy buss likes him, it's a done deal :roll: :lol: :fp:
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    norm wrote:

I think he's got 2 years $53 million left, that's a big contract to try to move!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
    edited May 2012
    dougfloyd wrote:
    norm wrote:

I think he's got 2 years $53 million left, that's a big contract to try to move!

You are correct on the details of his contract. Definitely a big contract to move. Kobe has said he plans to retire a Laker, but at this point if management finds a deal that is realistic and looks to improve the team, I see no reason why they shouldn't move on and begin retooling now.

Having said that, I am a-ok with seeing the Lakers have some down years for a while.
    Post edited by dcfaithful on
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Looks like the extra day off benefited the Celtics. They have to win tomorrow to rest those legs for the Heat. They're gonna need to be fresh to take down those punks.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Looks like the extra day off benefited the Celtics. They have to win tomorrow to rest those legs for the Heat. They're gonna need to be fresh to take down those punks.

Agreed. But, don't rule out Indiana yet. They're still very well alive in the series, just as much as Miami is. I have faith that they have what it takes to beat Miami, but it's going to take some damn fine defense, and even better execution of their offense.

Stay alive in Miami for one game, bring it back to Indiana to seal the deal.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

Agreed. But, don't rule out Indiana yet. They're still very well alive in the series, just as much as Miami is. I have faith that they have what it takes to beat Miami, but it's going to take some damn fine defense, and even better execution of their offense.

Stay alive in Miami for one game, bring it back to Indiana to seal the deal.
    Oh, they're def still in it. Tonight is huge, but something tells me Miami takes it tonight.

I loved it last night after the game with KG's take on Philly fans.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    dcfaithful wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:
    norm wrote:

You are correct on the details of his contract. Definitely a big contract to move. Kobe has said he plans to retire a Laker, but at this point if management finds a deal that is realistic and looks to improve the team, I see no reason why they shouldn't move on and begin retooling now.

Having said that, I am a-ok with seeing the Lakers have some down years for a while.

i'm sure there are a few teams out there that would take his contract...maybe kobe will restructure...i'm saying this will happen but kobe knows as does everyone else that the lakers will not be a contender for the next few years...especially since the league (stern) doesn't want them to be successful...why i have no idea
    norm wrote:
    especially since the league (stern) doesn't want them to be successful...why i have no idea

I think that has a lot to do with plenty of fans tired of seeing the Lakers claim titles. It's probably just not good for business. Especially when you take into consideration how hated the Lakers tend to be, along side how loved they are by their fan base.

I think a team dominating the league for years would just be bad for business in the NBA's current model.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    gasol is definitely gone ... kobe was pretty pissed with pau that last game ... i can see a dwight for bynum trade and then gasol moved for some depth ...
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:
    especially since the league (stern) doesn't want them to be successful...why i have no idea

I think that has a lot to do with plenty of fans tired of seeing the Lakers claim titles. It's probably just not good for business. Especially when you take into consideration how hated the Lakers tend to be, along side how loved they are by their fan base.

I think a team dominating the league for years would just be bad for business in the NBA's current model.

i know you hate la but exactly have they done wrong? except for shaq, every one of their big stars came via draft or trades...contrary to popular belief, they are not the yankees buying players...sorry that most people live in nyc, la, chi etc so they have more $$$...i think everyone needs to suck it up and stop this fucking whining...i'm looking at you dan gilbert...you're in cleveland...deal with it :P
    polaris_x wrote:
    gasol is definitely gone ... kobe was pretty pissed with pau that last game ... i can see a dwight for bynum trade and then gasol moved for some depth ...

after the last 2 playoff performances and this years reg season, why would anyone want gasol...enough to give the lakers someone of value
    norm wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:

i know you hate la but exactly have they done wrong? except for shaq, every one of their big stars came via draft or trades...contrary to popular belief, they are not the yankees buying players...sorry that most people live in nyc, la, chi etc so they have more $$$...i think everyone needs to suck it up and stop this fucking whining...i'm looking at you dan gilbert...you're in cleveland...deal with it :P

I don't think they've done anything wrong. In fact, they've done a lot of things right as evidenced by their championships. They have the advantage of being in LA to help them lure bigger names through free agency. They've got some good management there, that can't be denied.

But in reference to you saying you don't understand why it seems that Stern doesn't want them to succeed, I think it's a business thing. Just consider it, how many fans would want to watch one team win championships over and over and over and over again? It's like when Jordan retired in 1998 and the Buls blew it up. It had to have been somewhat of a relief for many people who were not Bulls fans knowing that a change was coming. Not saying that it's a guarantee that they will, and I do think that Stern's move with the CP3 trade was fucked, but I believe that is his logic behind it.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    the only reason i hate the lakers is because of kobe bryant. :)
    www.myspace.com
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181

Yeah cause he can be a beast and he's simply dedicated to becoming the best in his sport. I have to give him props even though I can't stand the Lakers.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:

Yeah cause he can be a beast and he's simply dedicated to becoming the best in his sport. I have to give him props even though I can't stand the Lakers.

Peace

definitely have to give him props for that. but i go back to middle school with him. he was an arrogant prick back then. seems like one now too. he does have a rapist's wit though. that much i'll give him.

zing. :D
    www.myspace.com
    TNT knows how to do it. Shaq, Kenny the Jet and Chuck are too funny.

Chuck on Shane Battier: "Let me tell you something. Shane Battier has been around a long time. I remember him playing for Duke back in the 70s."
    TNT knows how to do it. Shaq, Kenny the Jet and Chuck are too funny.

Chuck on Shane Battier: "Let me tell you something. Shane Battier has been around a long time. I remember him playing for Duke back in the 70s."
    :lol: