• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'd post more, but i got a couple of warnings from out firewall. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    81 wrote:
    DWYANE-WADE-DIRTY-PLAYER.gif
    Wrong sport Wade.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    Newch91 wrote:
    So Wade has a leg injury? :think:

Supposedly that's his excuse for that awful game last night.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Newch91 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Wrong sport Wade.

I'm really beginning to dislike Wade more than any other player in the NBA.

It's certainly not his first time doing something like this, and the fact that he doesn't get punishment when someone like Devin Ebanks does for just saying something to a ref, getting ejected and taking his jersey off during his exit is ridiculous. The favoritism of the Heat makes me fucking ill. I love it when Miami loses, ESPN goes absolutely nuts on every angle about it. :roll:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Wrong sport Wade.

It's certainly not his first time doing something like this, and the fact that he doesn't get punishment when someone like Devin Ebanks does for just saying something to a ref, getting ejected and taking his jersey off during his exit is ridiculous. The favoritism of the Heat makes me fucking ill. I love it when Miami loses, ESPN goes absolutely nuts on every angle about it. :roll:
    ESPN will focus more on the Heat losing than the other team winning. Example: last year when Dallas won. "What did the Heat do wrong?...Who's to blame for the loss?...What's next for the Heat?"
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Jason P wrote:
    The state of Indiana is once again realizing that a NBA team resides in its capital. The stink of Artest, Jackson, and Tinsley has finally faded away.

I read that was only their 4th sellout of the year last night. For being such a basketball crazy state, that is pretty weak.
    I used to have a newspaper front page headline on my fridge that read as such:

"Pacers Strip Club Feud Erupts in Gunfire"

The sad part is that I hardly raised an eyebrow when I saw it.

It got to the point that most people said fuck it, and just focused on college and high school hoops. But hopefully this team can regain the hearts of everyone again. The Pacers were huge when I was growing up.
    Newch91 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

ESPN will focus more on the Heat losing than the other team winning. Example: last year when Dallas won. "What did the Heat do wrong?...Who's to blame for the loss?...What's next for the Heat?"

Yeah, it's just ridiculous. The Heat Index thing they have should be the homepage for their NBA section.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Jason P wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    The state of Indiana is once again realizing that a NBA team resides in its capital. The stink of Artest, Jackson, and Tinsley has finally faded away.

I read that was only their 4th sellout of the year last night. For being such a basketball crazy state, that is pretty weak.
    I used to have a newspaper front page headline on my fridge that read as such:

"Pacers Strip Club Feud Erupts in Gunfire"

The sad part is that I hardly raised an eyebrow when I saw it.

It got to the point that most people said fuck it, and just focused on college and high school hoops. But hopefully this team can regain the hearts of everyone again. The Pacers were huge when I was growing up.

Very understandable. The Artest thing combined with this strip club shooting could definitely make a city turn on a team. Wasn't the strip club thing when Stephen Jackson was shooting a gun into the air like it was the fucking wild west? Some of these guys are unbelievable.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Have the Celtics suddenly become the favorites to win the title? Celtics-Spurs?
    marquis.gif
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    marquis.gif
    okc?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    if it's okc-celts i'd go with the celts...experience will trump youth
    OKC will get broken down by SA. It'll be a long series and SA's experience will shine thru in games 5-7. Spurs in 6 or 7.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    norm wrote:

91?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

91?

there are no jordans on okc and they're not coached by a phil
    true, but okc does have a few decent players

i just can't imangine boston pulling it off. but you never know
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Whether its SA or OKC, it'll be tough for Boston to win the title. But if they can get there somehow, anything's possible. I would be shocked if the Cs got swept or even lose in 5 against either team. Defense shines through in at least a few of those games.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    marquis.gif

What's with the scrubs boy band dance?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    marquis.gif

Stiemsma, Hollins, Dooling, Daniels and Bass want some
    JK_Livin wrote:
    marquis.gif

Stiemsma, Hollins, Dooling, Daniels and Bass want some

Some what? Boy band members? :lol::lol::lol:

Go Sixers.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Go Sixers.
    :oops: Good luck with that
    81 wrote:
    true, but okc does have a few decent players

i just can't imangine boston pulling it off. but you never know

OKC is definitely a great basketball team, but I'm going to go with Fenway on this one and say that I think ultimately SA will prevail.

I'm seeing either a SA/Boston or SA/Indiana finals.

Spurs all the fucking way. I have nothing but admiration for OKC, but I think this is another SA year.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Whether its SA or OKC, it'll be tough for Boston to win the title. But if they can get there somehow, anything's possible. I would be shocked if the Cs got swept or even lose in 5 against either team. Defense shines through in at least a few of those games.

If the Celtics can remain on track and stick to their gameplan and not lose focus, they're certainly a title contender. Also, if KG keeps up his great play as of late. I can't believe how he's playing lately, it's like he's had a injection of what he had back in his Minnesota days.

He's got a smooth looking shot when he gets it out at the top of the key or on the elbow just inside the three-point line, that's his bread and butter lately.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Go Sixers.
    :oops: Good luck with that

C's better have made sure the Big 3 got their naps in today. ;)
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i wouldn't mark okc in the conference finals yet ... they barely got by LA in the last game at home ... and really, LA blew that game ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    i wouldn't mark okc in the conference finals yet ... they barely got by LA in the last game at home ... and really, LA blew that game ...

bynum is a mental case...pau gets distracted by squirrels...kobe is old...the rest of the team is d-league...they won't beat anybody in 7 games
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    norm wrote:
    bynum is a mental case...pau gets distracted by squirrels...kobe is old...the rest of the team is d-league...they won't beat anybody in 7 games

add to that i think mike brown is suspect in whether he can coach a championship team ... however, this team can beat any team on any given day ... if they win the next 2 at home ... i wouldn't bet against LA in a best of 3 even with 2 of 3 on the road ...
    edited May 2012
    norm wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

Gotta agree with this, but I'm not ready to rule them out entirely.
    Post edited by dcfaithful on
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    polaris_x wrote:
    norm wrote:

add to that i think mike brown is suspect in whether he can coach a championship team ... however, this team can beat any team on any given day ... if they win the next 2 at home ... i wouldn't bet against LA in a best of 3 even with 2 of 3 on the road ...

Coming back from an 0-2 deficit will be tough for them, considering how OKC has been playing. You can see they've got their eye on the prize and are damned if anything gets in their way.

Having said that, I also wouldn't completely rule out the Lakers. I think they're a much better home team, and luckily for them, the next two games are in the circus often called The Staples Center.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    polaris_x wrote:
    norm wrote:

phil could get this team to the championship (last year not withstanding...he was burned out) but brown is not a good coach...x's and o's maybe but motivation and reading players isn't his thing...everything i envisioned when he was hired has more or less happened
    norm wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    norm wrote:

phil could get this team to the championship (last year not withstanding...he was burned out) but brown is not a good coach...x's and o's maybe but motivation and reading players isn't his thing...everything i envisioned when he was hired has more or less happened

:thumbup:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL